PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame: Why not hire Switzer?

Rudy Canoza
11/18/2009, 05:14 PM
http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2009/11/17/notre-dame-why-not-hire-switzer/?custom_click=lead_story_title

If Notre Dame wants an Oklahoma football coach they can get, why not Barry Switzer? The Fighting Irish, should they fire Charlie Weis, is not likely to entice Bob Stoops (or Urban Meyer) to South Bend.

The Chicago Sun-Times report that Stoops has told confidants he would like to talk to Notre Dame is “people making stuff up,” Stoops said.

Blitzkrieg
11/18/2009, 05:17 PM
Cuz he old az dirt.

swardboy
11/18/2009, 05:52 PM
No, Paterno and Bowden are as old as dirt. Switzer's more like.....old growth forest.

KantoSooner
11/18/2009, 05:56 PM
Old Switzer > 99% of coaches active or retired in the history of college football.
Old Switzer wily old fox.

Sabanball
11/18/2009, 07:11 PM
Look at it this way--Notre Dame would probably set all new, school rushing records if they could get him....along with new school records for players getting arrested.

One of my favorite Switzer quotes ever--"We do all of our throwing in the pregame warmups.."

GKeeper316
11/18/2009, 08:18 PM
two words...

brian kelly

meoveryouxinfinity
11/18/2009, 09:37 PM
Look at it this way--Notre Dame would probably set all new, school rushing records if they could get him....along with new school records for players getting arrested.

One of my favorite Switzer quotes ever--"We do all of our throwing in the pregame warmups.."

Don't insult the King when your coach is Saban.
:rolleyes:

King Barry's Back
11/18/2009, 10:04 PM

Bane him!:D

All kidding aside, though, it's better not to offend King Barry on a Sooners board. Just sayin.

Pricetag
11/19/2009, 01:26 AM
I remember that episode of "Arli$$."

soonerboy
11/19/2009, 02:20 AM
Its good to be da king!

Octavian
11/19/2009, 03:51 AM
“Tell them to call me,” said Switzer, 72 years old and 12 years out of football. “Tell them I can beat Navy.”

:D

anyone lookin for a sig?

Sooner70
11/19/2009, 07:21 AM
Interesting thought, but don't think it'd ever happen. ND is too concerned about their "image" and Barry went out a perceived rogue whose program was out of control. Hey, I love the King, and if somebody says something bad about him, my 80 yr. old Mother will clobber them with a skillet. Barry had three problems....1) he was honest to a fault, and 2) he trusted his assistants too much and 3) he didn't ask the right questions/monitor his program close enough. Kinda like Ken Lay at Enron....I think he was a good guy, but he was remiss in that he didn't ask the right questions, and didn't want to as long as the stock price was going up.

Speaking of honest to a fault, remember on TV during the Utah-Alabama bowl game a coupla years ago? Barry sez something like "...not one of Utah's players woulda been recruited by Alabama.....the Tide is going to give the Utes a real butt whippin here...".....or something like that....just before Utah put it on the Tide. That's what I mean about 'ol Barry. He'll just say it.

Besides, he's having too good a time with TV, restaurants, etc. Why get into that CFB grind again? He doesn't need it.

boomermagic
11/19/2009, 09:41 AM
Barry was IMO the best coach that ever **** between two shoes..

CatfishSooner
11/19/2009, 12:38 PM
Barry gettin a little too old to go coach in South Bend...besides he's happy here, why the H would he want to go up there and mess w/ that bs?

Rudy Canoza
11/19/2009, 12:50 PM
two words...

Jon Gruden

FIFY

Sabanball
11/21/2009, 06:06 PM
Bane him!:D

All kidding aside, though, it's better not to offend King Barry on a Sooners board. Just sayin.

Offend him? I guarantee you it would take a whole lot more than that to offend Barry. You guys are too sensitive. I actually complimented him for the great rushing teams that he had. We all know what the little reference to players getting arrested is in reference to, I don't think I need to explain it. Just so you'll know, I only think there was one better coach back during that era, and of course that would be Paul Bryant. Other than him, I would have rather had the king on my sideline than any other coach during the '70s-'80's.