PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Legends Free Stay Giveaway!!!

Phil
11/18/2009, 11:06 AM
The Place to Stay in Norman O-K!!! Sooner Legends Inn and Suites is now the proud sponsor of the Sooner Football Forum! Voted the #1 hotel in Norman, with the most remarkable collection of OU memorabilia. We also have some of the most comfortable beds and delicious steaks you can find! Come stay in one of our many luxurious OU suites - they are all named after different Sooner greats, from the Selmon brothers to the Griffin brothers - there is simply no better place for Sooner fans!

To show our appreciation to the loyal OU fans out there, we're offering a FREE 2 night stay at Sooner Legends Inn & Suites during the Bedlam weekend on November 27th and 28th! And that's not all - second prize will be a $25 gift card to the Sooner Legends Restaurant, voted the #2 restaurant in all of Norman! All you have to do is post on this thread and explain in 150 words or less - 'Why I am the biggest OU fan and deserve a free weekend at Sooner Legends!' We want to reward the most dedicated Sooner fans out there - you deserve it! All entries must be submitted by midnight on Sunday, November 22nd. The winner will be announced on Monday, November 23rd, so be sure to check back and see if you won!

Come and see us!

405-701-8100
1200 24th Avenue SW, Norman OK 73072
www.soonerlegends.com

Phil
11/19/2009, 10:58 AM
Hey, people, you've got to post to get a shot at the free hotel rooms here!

TheUnnamedSooner
11/20/2009, 01:16 PM
I'm the biggest Sooner fan because I'm the first one to post in this thread.

Did I get it under 150 words?

oufreak
11/20/2009, 02:30 PM
First off I am a dedicated fan no matter what. I feel I represent the university very well, whether I am at an away game or at a home game. I support our university in many ways. I attend several functions and sporting events. I have not missed a home game for OU football since 9-1994. I also buy everything OU.(licensed OU stuff) I am a huge OU memorabilia collector. I think my collection can almost compare with Sooner Legends. I love to go in there and drool! I don't just wear my OU stuff on gameday, it is 7 days a week. So in closing I will compare my dedication to OU to anyone. OU to me is more than a passion, more than an obsession it is a way of life. Boomer Sooner!

oufreak
11/20/2009, 02:31 PM
Phil I would be floored if I had a chance to stay there even though I live in Midwest City. I would get no sleep because I would be drooling over the memorabilia though.:)

HHH
11/22/2009, 08:25 PM
I have attended OU athletic events since 1981. I have followed the Sooners from Seattle to South Beach. The past 28 years I have attended football, basketball, baseball, and women's gymnastics events,home and away.

I convinced by wife to wait to deliver our daughter so I could watch the 2nd half of the OU/Iowa State game in 2003. My wife had to pass a quiz on Sooner Football before I gave her an engagement ring.

I go out of my way to support future Sooner Fans. When I have extra tickets I take the time to look for someone with a young child who is attending their first game and give them the tickets instead of selling them.

I would consider it an honor to stay at the Sooner Legends. Yes, I m still married and she will be glad to verify this facts if we win.

olevetonahill
11/22/2009, 08:29 PM
Will Be takin My Grandaughter to her 1st ever OU game , She Hates OSU . she Needs to enjoy this weekend with Yall

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 09:14 PM
There are many a Sooner Fan and there are so many great ones. "Play like a Champion" hangs above the locker room door as every Sooner player heads to the field. There have been many great Sooner Teams. Our Team is still undefeated at Home this season and as a Sooner Fan...I'll be there in my Crimson and Creme screaming "BOOMER SOONER'' as loud as I can. This season has been tough...but when the going gets tOUgh...SOONER FANS GET GOING! I was a Season Ticket holder during the Snelly and Blake years and rooted our Team every game. This week will be no different. Also...I drove to all 13 Games in 2000. I just had a feeling and I went with it.

SEE YOU AT THE GAME!

KEEP THE HOME STREAK ALIVE!

BEAT THE AGGIES!

BRS
11/23/2009, 12:26 AM
I deserve the free stay because every home game weekend, my husband and I travel to Norman from far SW Oklahoma. We stay for the entire game and then usually have to drive all the way home after the traffic clears. Meanwhile, I support the University of Oklahoma in all aspects, encouraging young people to attend college there. I love the beautiful campus and take every opportunity to take high school students there. Our goal is to always represent the school with the very best behavior, no matter the circumstances. Win or loose, the Sooners will always be number 1 in our household.

StoopTroup
11/23/2009, 06:30 AM
I deserve the free stay because every home game weekend, my husband and I travel to Norman from far SW Oklahoma. We stay for the entire game and then usually have to drive all the way home after the traffic clears. Meanwhile, I support the University of Oklahoma in all aspects, encouraging young people to attend college there. I love the beautiful campus and take every opportunity to take high school students there. Our goal is to always represent the school with the very best behavior, no matter the circumstances. Win or loose, the Sooners will always be number 1 in our household.

Nice post. Spek

Matter of fact....

SPEK to all who replied.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 06:34 AM
I need plane tickets from Vegas and game tickets along with the room. It would be my son's first OU game!

StoopTroup
11/23/2009, 06:38 AM
Santa don't deliver until Christmas Crux....

LMAO!

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 11:19 AM
These contests just never apply to me!

King Barry's Back
11/23/2009, 04:32 PM
So who won?

StoopTroup
11/23/2009, 04:45 PM
Crux.

I think Boren is sending a plane to get him.

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 10:23 PM
I figured it out
they gonna announce the winner at 11:59
see it will still be Monday :D

btk108
11/23/2009, 10:27 PM
The wifey and I discussed it. Last game of the regular season and it's early so we're going to come up Fri and stay the night. Free room or not, dang it, this looks like THE hotel for Sooner Fans....we'll be staying there.

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 10:29 PM
I know it would make my Lil Blond 14 yr old Granddaughters Eyes lite up to Stay there

olevetonahill
11/24/2009, 01:36 AM
Well its Now Tuesday
Guess NO One won :confused:

StoopTroup
11/24/2009, 11:35 AM
You see the sticky now right?

Congrats to the winners. Hope they have a great time this weekend.

btk108
11/24/2009, 12:58 PM
I got my room for Friday. FYI, they are waiving the two night stay requirement for this weekend.