PDA

View Full Version : Rick Barnes > Mack Brown

sooner59
11/18/2009, 04:35 AM
Has anyone looked at the Texas basketball non-conference scheduling compared to the football non-conference scheduling? Its a joke. I have much more respect for Rick Barnes and who he schedules. Mack Brown is scared to tackle a mediocre non-conference schedule. It might mess up his chances if he gets lucky and wins the Big 12.

Texas takes on USC, North Carolina, Mich. St., @Ark., and @UCONN.

I challenge anyone to put that much confidence in their team. My God.

That is brutal. Props to Barnes, boo to Mack. :mad:

mojohornfan
11/18/2009, 07:19 AM
Has anyone looked at the Texas basketball non-conference scheduling compared to the football non-conference scheduling? Its a joke. I have much more respect for Rick Barnes and who he schedules. Mack Brown is scared to tackle a mediocre non-conference schedule. It might mess up his chances if he gets lucky and wins the Big 12.

You obviously have no clue on the process of scheduling football games! Learn facts before you post. It also takes two to tango!

badger
11/18/2009, 08:56 AM
Waah! Nobody will schedule us because we have to play our in-state rivals every year!

:P

TexasLidig8r
11/18/2009, 09:07 AM

Apples to turnips.

That little thing called "March Madness" sets the parameters for your team.

As for football, we looked at scheduling powerhouse Division II teams.. but Ou cornered the market on them.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/18/2009, 09:10 AM
Yeah like Sam Houston State. :rolleyes:

Hey Pot meet Kettle.

CincySooner
11/18/2009, 09:15 AM
I have to agree with the knuckle-dragging whorns on this one. Scheduling in football is way different than scheduling in basketball.

Big Boy-vs-Big Boy matchups are more common in basketball because the game improves both sides' RPI score. Both sides also know they can recover from an early season loss with good conference play. Playing an elite team out-of-conference in basketball is really a no-lose situation.

TUSooner
11/18/2009, 09:25 AM
And just why do we give a flying **** about +exas's ****ing basketball schedule ?!
And on a Sooner Football board no less?!
Are you so obsessed with M@ck that any oblique reference to him makes a thread worthy of being on this board?
I give this thread a rating of FAIL.

The only thing dumber than this thread is me for posting in it. :O

rawlingsHOH
11/18/2009, 09:44 AM
I have to agree with the knuckle-dragging whorns on this one. Scheduling in football is way different than scheduling in basketball.

Big Boy-vs-Big Boy matchups are more common in basketball because the game improves both sides' RPI score. Both sides also know they can recover from an early season loss with good conference play. Playing an elite team out-of-conference in basketball is really a no-lose situation.

That doesn't excuse Texas' pathetic OOC football schedules.

Sooner04
11/18/2009, 09:48 AM
Who gives a **** about UT's non-conference schedule? We won a national championship playing UTEP, Arkansas State and Rice. It's irrelevant. The big dogs can play whoever they want, when they want, and as long as they take care of business they'll be there in the end.

God we're getting obsessed. More so.

rawlingsHOH
11/18/2009, 10:23 AM
Who gives a **** about UT's non-conference schedule? We won a national championship playing UTEP, Arkansas State and Rice. It's irrelevant. The big dogs can play whoever they want, when they want, and as long as they take care of business they'll be there in the end.

God we're getting obsessed. More so.
It's okay to be obsessed. OU is the proverbial underdogs in the battle of the haves and have-nots, with UT. They have all of the advantages, yet it absolutely kills them that OU can still be at their lofty level.

Cherrish the role!

S008NER
11/18/2009, 10:37 AM
Since we are on the subject of mens hoops.

Jeff Capel > Rick Barnes

Judging from attendance last night it looks like many Sooners still haven’t figured that out yet.

mojohornfan
11/18/2009, 11:12 AM
yet it absolutely kills them that OU can still be at their lofty level.

Uh, um...no it doesn't! What fun would the rivalry be if OU stunk it up??

No fun at all come October!

(or vice versa for that matter)

Sooner04
11/18/2009, 11:13 AM
It's okay to be obsessed.
Aggie.

TexasLidig8r
11/18/2009, 12:19 PM
It's okay to be obsessed. OU is the proverbial underdogs in the battle of the haves and have-nots, with UT. They have all of the advantages, yet it absolutely kills them that OU can still be at their lofty level.

Cherrish the role!

The proverbial underdogs? PULLEEAAZZEEEEE...

Ou was the only team, since 1999 after the 5th week of the season, to be ranked in the top 25 without a winning record.

As long as you have car dealerships operating around Norman, you won't be an underdog... :rolleyes:

47straight
11/18/2009, 02:43 PM
As for football, we looked at scheduling powerhouse Division II teams.. but Ou cornered the market on them.

"This wasn't your best effort."

47straight
11/18/2009, 02:46 PM
As long as you have car dealerships operating around Norman, you won't be an underdog... :rolleyes:

Neither was this.

fwsooner22
11/18/2009, 03:44 PM
Uh, um...no it doesn't! What fun would the rivalry be if OU stunk it up??

No fun at all come October!

(or vice versa for that matter)

Dude we are tiny little school in a tiny little state and every October your Giant School from your Giant State puts on their best "never seen a pasture" boots and chaps with your "never seen a horse" hat and prays to GOD you don't lose.

Who in the hell is obsessed with who.

fwsooner22
11/18/2009, 03:46 PM
By the way, the thing I don't understand is why the heck UT fans put up with paying all that money to watch those sorry games. You'd think they would want to get something for their money.

Sooner04
11/18/2009, 03:49 PM
By the way, the thing I don't understand is why the heck UT fans put up with paying all that money to watch those sorry games. You'd think they would want to get something for their money.
Have you seen who we've played at home this year? SHEESH!

sooner59
11/18/2009, 04:26 PM
Lol. I posted this mostly out of boredom but it sure did get those whorns riled up. And I will take scheduling decent teams over cupcakes any day. I know bball is different but directional schools is a waste to me as a fan and it doesn't get the team any more ready for a real game than an intrasquad scrimmage. I'm not shocked or outraged by any means. But it pissed off a bunch of lurking whorns so job well done.

TexasLidig8r
11/18/2009, 04:31 PM
"This wasn't your best effort."

Be advised that TexLid has obtained a copyright on the use of that specific phrase. Therefore, demand is herein made that any unlawful and unauthorized use cease and desist immediately. In the event of further unauthorized usage, TexLid has authorized this law firm to pursue his further legal remedies. Such could include the institution of litigation and a temporary restraining order. In such litigation, you could be found liable for any actual damages as well as denuding of any assets or profits you made from such use as well as costs of court, expenses, attorney's fees and punitive damages.

Respectfully,

Dewey, Screwem and Howe, LLC
Attorneys at Law

mojohornfan
11/18/2009, 04:56 PM
Dude we are tiny little school in a tiny little state and every October your Giant School from your Giant State puts on their best "never seen a pasture" boots and chaps with your "never seen a horse" hat and prays to GOD you don't lose.

Who in the hell is obsessed with who.

Obviously, you can't read. I never said the word obsessed. A Sooner made that remark.

sooneron
11/18/2009, 09:34 PM
Apples to turnips.

That little thing called "March Madness" sets the parameters for your team.

You don't really want to get into this argument again, do you? Not with your ooc schedules of late...

fwsooner22
11/19/2009, 09:10 AM
Obviously, you can't read. I never said the word obsessed. A Sooner made that remark.

No dude, you can't read. Do you see anywhere that I said that you said that. I simply asked a question. You sir, have a guilty conscience.

A guilty conscience is usually accompanied by an inferiority complex which is considered "normal" for UT fans. So, you are in good company. Not to worry.

mojohornfan
11/19/2009, 10:37 AM
No dude, you can't read. Do you see anywhere that I said that you said that. I simply asked a question. You sir, have a guilty conscience.

A guilty conscience is usually accompanied by an inferiority complex which is considered "normal" for UT fans. So, you are in good company. Not to worry.

Yep, you nailed it....I feel inferior to you...a sooner fan.

Gee, I wish Big Game Bob was our coach!

47straight
11/19/2009, 02:16 PM
Yep, you nailed it....I feel inferior to you...a sooner fan.

Gee, I wish Big Game Bob was our coach!

Indeed, you do feel inferior to us. Else you would not be on an opposing fan's website boosting your ego to make your sad life better. Does coming on here during our worst season make you feel more like a real man? Doesn't that make think that you're really, really ****ing tough? Inviting yourself over and lashing makes you feel so much better, doesn't it?

I don't care if you make $500k a year and have a model wife. Your actions show that you've got something on the inside that ain't working right.

Little boy, you are pathetic. Just go away.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/19/2009, 05:27 PM
I really think you guys are confusing intestinal fortitude with elderly dementia. Mack thinks he's in the Sun Belt Conference. That's why he put that conference title up outside his office last year.

Please respect your elders, even in their diminished mental state.