PDA

View Full Version : Jonathon Miller

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 09:50 PM
Cartlidge damage.. Back next season I guess.. Sounds like Murray is likely to be back next year..

swardboy
11/17/2009, 10:09 PM
Good.Grief.

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 10:21 PM
Good.Grief.

I hope I was clear on that.. Miller is going to miss the rest of this season but Murray says he is likely to come back for another year.. Bad and then good news.. Man I can't believe the injuries though..

picasso
11/17/2009, 11:16 PM
The fans are next. Be careful gettin outta bed guys.

VA Sooner
11/17/2009, 11:30 PM
Bad news for Miller. Did it happen to him during practice? I can't remember seeing him in a game recently.

Great news for the Sooner Nation... Murray coming back.

sooner59
11/18/2009, 01:00 AM

I sneezed hard and threw out my back. Its getting better though and I should be 100% by the red/white game this spring. :D

prrriiide
11/18/2009, 01:22 AM

He!!, I'm already so stove up from a lifetime of fast women and slow liquor, I can't get any worse off unless I'm dead...the good book says to treat your body like a temple. I've always treated mine like a pool hall.

badger
11/18/2009, 09:01 AM
I think Stoops said it was during kickoff coverage. And last I heard he could possibly just have it scoped and be back later?

CincySooner
11/18/2009, 09:18 AM
Well... I guess all of these injuries now means that everyone will be healthy for spring practice...am I right? Please? anyone? (resume sighing)

stoopified
11/18/2009, 10:28 AM
He!!, I'm already so stove up from a lifetime of fast women and slow liquor, I can't get any worse off unless I'm dead...the good book says to treat your body like a temple. I've always treated mine like a pool hall.You must be realted to Vet. :D

Boomer.....
11/18/2009, 10:34 AM
I was wondering why he didn't get and PT on Sat.

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 10:42 AM
ok so this is like 10 injuries on offense?

outside of bradford, how many of these actually occured during games?

is our defense really this mean?

gaylordfan1
11/18/2009, 10:47 AM
So, is this just bad luck with all the injuries? Or is Schmitty pushing these kids too hard? I know we have had this in a thread before... but something isn't right. Will this change this offseason?

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 10:49 AM
i guess the next thing we will see from mr. miller is a transfer?

SunnySooner
11/18/2009, 10:51 AM
I still say we're cursed and need to sacrifice a few whorns to break it.:texan: :texan: :texan: :D

rawlingsHOH
11/18/2009, 11:14 AM
So, is this just bad luck with all the injuries? Or is Schmitty pushing these kids too hard? I know we have had this in a thread before... but something isn't right. Will this change this offseason?
Wouldn't you think it seems more like a streak of bad luck? Considering Schmidty has been here for 10 years now, and injuries haven't been an overwhelming problem very often in previous years.

rawlingsHOH
11/18/2009, 11:16 AM
ok so this is like 10 injuries on offense?

outside of bradford, how many of these actually occured during games?

is our defense really this mean?
Broyles, Simmons, Murray, Jones, Eldridge, Caleb....

texashater#1
11/18/2009, 11:39 PM
Cartlidge damage.. Back next season I guess.. Sounds like Murray is likely to be back next year..

Figures with all the great luck OU is having this season.

King Barry's Back
11/19/2009, 05:33 AM

If our players are getting injured more often, and the difference is statistically significant, seems like it would be more logical to assume that Schmitty is not pushing them hard enough, yeah?

swardboy
11/19/2009, 07:10 AM
I still say we're cursed and need to sacrifice a few whorns to break it.:texan: :texan: :texan: :D

Hmmm....I think Sunny's on to something. The football gods got together after the Bomar travesty and said "We've got to punish OU for going brain-dead about this incident." And as we all know, their punishments are 3 in number:
1) AD's ridiculous shoulder injury from diving for a td untouched
2) Allowing B. State to beat us in a major bowl game on sandlot plays
3) The bizarre, injury-riddled year of 2009
So I'm guessing all will be well in 2010, starting with a win in the Podunk Bowl against Slippery Rock.....I'm hopin'.

OK2U
11/19/2009, 02:14 PM
Sounds like Murray is likely to be back next year..
NOT SO FAST
http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/colleges/2009/11/ous-murray-has-it-both-ways-about-his-future.html
OU's Murray has it both ways about his future

Heres's why I don't get too excited about players making early declarations one way or the other about coming out early for either the NBA or NFL drafts.

Several Oklahoma newspapers topped their notebooks on Tuesday citing running back Demarco Murray's intentions to return for his senior season.

"It's something my family and I will look at," he said. "But I'm pretty sure I'll be back."

Strange. Because he told me--and I got this off my tape recorder--something different during the same interview period at the weekly media luncheon.

"If I feel like I can leave this year I will," Murray declared.

My advice is not to place any bets one way or the other.--Mike Jones.

BoulderSooner79
11/19/2009, 03:11 PM
My feeling is that he leaves if he is healthy for combines. Backs always get hurt and the NFL goes uses them up quickly and thus always need fresh legs. DM has the size and enough speed and can catch the ball. He's not first round, but I don't see another year making him first round either. My guess 2-3rd round.

But I hope he stays!

gaylordfan1
11/19/2009, 03:39 PM
Maybe he retracted his previous statment of staying after realizing the line may be the same next year.

KantoSooner
11/19/2009, 04:32 PM
If we don't offer about 5 bohemoths out of Juco in the next 60 days, I'd be very surprised. Stoops has to be about as tired of the line crap as the rest of us.
Does Loadholt have brothers? Cousins? Eatin' buddies?

jmillerfan
11/20/2009, 03:50 PM
i guess the next thing we will see from mr. miller is a transfer?

WHY WOULD HE TRANSFER???

Didn't understand that thought as it is related to his injury??? I could have just missed something.