PDA

View Full Version : 2010 schedule

OUHOMER
11/17/2009, 09:39 PM
where can i get a good 2010 schedule. the boy is getting married next sept.

I may have failed as a father:(

Sabanball
11/17/2009, 09:42 PM
nationalchamps.net, then click on 'future schedules'

sooner ngintunr
11/17/2009, 09:43 PM
ouch. I think you may have.

OUHOMER
11/17/2009, 09:45 PM
nationalchamps.net, then click on 'future schedules'

Thanks. looks like i will miss the Air Force game, 1st home game i will miss in 15 years:mad:

sooner ngintunr
11/17/2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks. looks like i will miss the Air Force game, 1st home game i will miss in 15 years:mad:

Better than having your own anniversary in September. Your sons not a fan?NTTAWWT.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/17/2009, 10:01 PM
I dont like playing AF the third game of the season, this should have been the 1st game. IMO.

OUHOMER
11/17/2009, 10:03 PM
Better than having your own anniversary in September. Your sons not a fan?NTTAWWT.

Good point on the anniversary , i will bring that up. He is going to have to sacrifice a game every year. Very good point.

OUHOMER
11/17/2009, 10:04 PM
I dont like playing AF the third game of the season, this should have been the 1st game. IMO.

I just dont like missing any of them

sooner ngintunr
11/17/2009, 10:05 PM
Good point on the anniversary , i will bring that up. He is going to have to sacrifice a game every year. Very good point.

well not every one will fall on a saturday. Depending on how cool his wife is though, thurs, fri, and sun might be close enough.:D

OUHOMER
11/17/2009, 10:13 PM
well not every one will fall on a saturday. Depending on how cool his wife is though, thurs, fri, and sun might be close enough.:D

true, i just went thru the calendar. 2021 before Sept 18th lands on a Saturday. :D he should be safe

freshchris05
11/18/2009, 02:20 AM

Are they still running that option? It's amazing how in just these last few years teams find it harder to prepare for these triple and wing options and are becoming more apt defending the pass heavy spread offenses... Georgia Tech and Navy are making some teams look stupid. I coulda sworn the run option was dead...

freshchris05
11/18/2009, 02:22 AM
where can i get a good 2010 schedule. the boy is getting married next sept.

I may have failed as a father:(

There's still time...
Have you thought about breaking them up? ;)

auto
11/18/2009, 07:13 AM

You don't have to go to othe wedding.:D If people can't be considerate of your schedule then don't go. :D The months of Feb-May are perfect for a wedding.;)

My cousin got married on a OU-OSU and a whopping 2 out of the 40 invited family showed up.:D

goingoneight
11/18/2009, 09:16 AM
Last year we watched the OU/Tech game at my cousin's wedding.

yermom
11/18/2009, 10:38 AM
seems there is a lot of advanced warning here... have they considered August? ;)

soonermix
11/18/2009, 01:12 PM
hold on homer there is a glimmer of hope.
your kid could be an evil genius using the football season to plan around all anniversarys and an excuse to use that as presents also.

soonerlaw
11/18/2009, 01:49 PM
Just looked at UT's 2010 Schedule, at Rice then three home games against Wyoming, UCLA, Florida Atlantic before the RRR. How pathetic. Meanwhile, we have FSU, Airforce and at Cincy.

yermom
11/18/2009, 01:54 PM
you left out Utah State ;)

our schedule is pretty tough, but i don't think theirs is all that bad compared to the last couple of years

Sabanball
11/18/2009, 07:21 PM
Agreeing to play Cincy at a 'neutral' stadium in Cincinnati with no return game? I don't get that. That has "trap game" written all over it.

Of course, this game may have been on the books for years for all I know.

yermom
11/18/2009, 07:24 PM
we hosted them last year

silverwheels
11/18/2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah, Cincinnati has also played Ohio State at Paul Brown Stadium before.

JLEW1818
11/18/2009, 07:29 PM
i might plan a trip to the Cincy game.. sounds like fun

Sabanball
11/18/2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks, guys. I didn't realize you all had played them in Norman last season. I can remember we played them in a H/H back in the mid 80's and handled them easily in both games.

MamaMia
11/18/2009, 07:49 PM
The last time we had Air Force on the schedule, they bailed on us even though we honored our obligation to play at their home field. They waited until right before the season started to cancel the game. They were afraid to play us at home. This put Joe C. in the very urgent position of having to scramble to find someone to play us. That team was Oregon. We had to promise them a home and home, which as we all know didn't go very well in the end.

I doubt they will bail on us next year, and I hope we beat the pants off them.

Salt City Sooner
11/18/2009, 11:04 PM
Air Force '01 was a last minute replacement for Arizona St. That set fell through when Joe C. wanted to move the '01 game to another year (we originally had Bama scheduled for '01 & '02 as well, which conflicted w/ his one marquee game per year OOC approach). They refused & after a few months of trying to reach a suitable agreement, he eventually cancelled the trip out there, which was reciprocated by ASU cancelling the '02 game in Norman. What made this whole thing a bit ironic was that shortly after, Bama's AD Moore called & requested that their set w/ OU be moved back to '02 & '03 which was done.

As for Oregon '04, they were a last minute switch with Florida A&M, which was originally set to host OU in '04. They, however, could not attain the necessary fans (IIRC it was a 15,000 per game average) to be granted D-1 status, so it fell through as well. Castiglione then got on the horn w/ the Ducks & with the help of ESPN (they agreed to televise a game @ Nevada, who was originally scheduled to play UO on that day) that would come to fruition, provided that a replacement for the Ducks could be found for Nevada (this ended up being Buffalo). Also, on an unrelated note from that year, in an attempt to further beef up the OOC, Joe C. called LSU & got them to switch their game w/ Houston for our originally scheduled game with Arkansas State.

yermom
11/19/2009, 12:32 AM
we had to scramble to get BGSU in '04 too, didn't we?

i remember seeing stuff printed with the 2004 schedule with Air Force on it, maybe some other stuff changed as well, but i don't remember. seems it got changed a few times

soonerboy
11/19/2009, 02:34 AM
well thats just too easy to fix...reschedule the wedding ;)

OUHOMER
11/19/2009, 06:14 AM
well thats just too easy to fix...reschedule the wedding ;)

Maybe, I can get Joe C to negotiate it for me.;)

Salt City Sooner
11/19/2009, 02:15 PM
we had to scramble to get BGSU in '04 too, didn't we?

i remember seeing stuff printed with the 2004 schedule with Air Force on it, maybe some other stuff changed as well, but i don't remember. seems it got changed a few times
We got BG on the schedule about a year in advance (which is a fairly tight fit as far as schedule making goes) but they ended up being the OOC game that was on the schedule the longest that year. They were originally scheduled to play Auburn, but they got a better offer (about double of what AU was offering, IIRC) so they agreed to the switch.