PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the Bright Side - Lots of Guys Coming Back

Soonerwake
11/17/2009, 08:35 PM
Heard a conversation on KREF concerning our returning players next year. Tracy Gordon commented that we will have alot of question marks. While I agree that these guys need to get better, I count somewhere around 19 or so returners for next year based on the A&M game starters.

Defense - If McCoy goes, Beal stays, and Reynolds gets a 6th year - 9 of 11
Offense - Not counting Brown as a starter - 10 of 11
ST - All 78 kickers and returners

Now, let's finish out 9-4!! :D

swardboy
11/17/2009, 08:52 PM
I could use some good news....

madillsoonerfan5353
11/17/2009, 09:35 PM
Beal might go he has had a good year? What other DE are in this class?

:gary:

tulsaoilerfan
11/17/2009, 09:58 PM
Heard a conversation on KREF concerning our returning players next year. Tracy Gordon commented that we will have alot of question marks. While I agree that these guys need to get better, I count somewhere around 19 or so returners for next year based on the A&M game starters.

Defense - If McCoy goes, Beal stays, and Reynolds gets a 6th year - 9 of 11
Offense - Not counting Brown as a starter - 10 of 11
ST - All 78 kickers and returners

Now, let's finish out 9-4!! :D

On Defense we lose Clayton and Jackson and probably McCoy, so that's 8 out of 11; still not bad

soonerinabilene
11/17/2009, 09:59 PM
well, with stoops and heupel both leaving to be the head coach at notre dame, and wilson and venables both getting fired, i dont think it matters. ;)

sooner59
11/18/2009, 01:13 AM
On Defense we lose Clayton and Jackson and probably McCoy, so that's 8 out of 11; still not bad

With what he have coming up at LB and DB, I don't thing the Clayton and Jackson loss will be that devastating. I have seen their backups have gotten some PT this season. I remember seeing a few young guys mix it up in the texas game even. Plus they will have a lot of leadership around them.

JLEW1818
11/18/2009, 12:21 PM
I'm still waiting for RJ Washington to do something

Collier11
11/18/2009, 12:26 PM
He is a freshman on DL, you shoulda waited a yr or so to obsess over him :D

JLEW1818
11/18/2009, 12:27 PM
I think Gabe Lynn is gonna end up being good!

I guess he is Red Shirting this year

Widescreen
11/18/2009, 12:39 PM
We also lose English as a starter. Alexander is the backup even though he's starting now.

Collier11
11/18/2009, 12:48 PM
Of guys who have contrubted this year on Def, not too shabby

Back for sure-

RJ Washington-DL
Alexander-DL
Mcfarland-DL
Taylor-DL
Reynolds-LB
Iboloye-LB/DB
Carter- DB
Hurst- DB
Proctor- DB

Probably back-
Franks-DB
Lewis-LB

Maybe Back-
Beal-DL

Doubtful-
Mccoy-DL

Gone-
English-DL
Jackson-DB
Clayton- LB

JLEW1818
11/18/2009, 12:50 PM
that Brian Jackson scoop and score was great

Soonerwake
11/18/2009, 01:46 PM
RJ Washington-DL
Alexander-DL
Mcfarland-DL
Taylor-DL

That looks to be the starting d-line next year. Not bad. Losing McCoy will hurt though. He takes up at least 2 blockers every down.

And, don't forget Nelson-DB. He has been playing quite a bit.

Almost the entire d-backfield and linebackers as well.

Collier11
11/18/2009, 01:51 PM
How could I forget nelson, he has played very well. If you add Beal to that DL it will be really good again

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 02:33 PM
we stand a better than average chance on beal and mccoy coming back next season...more likely than reynolds getting a 6th year of eligibility.

boomermagic
11/18/2009, 04:07 PM
we stand a better than average chance on beal and mccoy coming back next season...more likely than reynolds getting a 6th year of eligibility.

I don't think McCoy will be back..

JLEW1818
11/18/2009, 04:08 PM
yah he is gone

after what happened to Sam and Jermaine

wtf would McCoy want to come back

he could have went last year too!

and G. McCoy is a RS Jr... he has been in a college program for 4 years

Collier11
11/18/2009, 04:14 PM
well, the only thing that might help us is that Mccoy truly loves the college atmosphere, ive read stories about his passion for OU and college life so who knows man...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2009, 04:21 PM
that Brian Jackson scoop and score was great

the facemask was even better!

gaylordfan1

I will flip my freakin lid if they don't grant Reynolds his 6th year! Shipley!!!!!! If he doesn't get it then it is obvious the NCAA hates OU. Now, McCoy is gone gone gone. That was known before the first snap this season. I'm just praying that Beal, Franks, and T. Lewis come back. We have plenty of LB's, but his experience is hard to lose.

Jello Biafra
ive said this many times guys...i work out here on the base with his dad. mom told him to enjoy his college experience shortly before she passed away. do what you love, and have fun doing it, you will never work a day in your life.

gaylordfan1
11/18/2009, 04:31 PM
We all hope your right Jello! But his decision is a bit different than Bradfords last year. This is the last year for big money with the draft. He is going in as a high draft pick in the first round. He really has nothing else to prove. A championship run is a little less likely next year as compared to where we thought we would be at the end of last season. With that being said, waiting a year and getting Suh off his back in the draft would help him... but how much would that cost him?

BoulderSooner79
11/18/2009, 04:32 PM
well, the only thing that might help us is that Mccoy truly loves the college atmosphere, ive read stories about his passion for OU and college life so who knows man...

McCoy is gone. I mean, all that adulation from a bunch of young, beautiful co-eds gets old after a while.

Oh wait - no it doesn't. What was I thinking? McCoy is coming back!!

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 04:34 PM
McCoy is gone. I mean, all that adulation from a bunch of young, beautiful co-eds gets old after a while.

Oh wait - no it doesn't. What was I thinking? McCoy is coming back!!

i was getting ready to say....are you F'in stoned?

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2009, 05:37 PM
Count me as one that thinks if Travis Lewis goes he won't be that hard to replace; he just hasn't been that impressive to me this year

soonerinabilene
11/18/2009, 05:50 PM
We all hope your right Jello! But his decision is a bit different than Bradfords last year. This is the last year for big money with the draft.

They have been saying "next year is the last year there wont be a cap on rookies" for three years now. If they finally get that in the new CBA, i will crap my pants.

soonerborn45
11/18/2009, 06:23 PM
next year won't have a salary cap and it is a possibility that the year after that won't have one either

MamaMia
11/18/2009, 06:28 PM
Next year will be very interesting.

Salt City Sooner
11/18/2009, 06:55 PM
I will flip my freakin lid if they don't grant Reynolds his 6th year! Shipley!!!!!! If he doesn't get it then it is obvious the NCAA hates OU. Now, McCoy is gone gone gone. That was known before the first snap this season. I'm just praying that Beal, Franks, and T. Lewis come back. We have plenty of LB's, but his experience is hard to lose.
Not quite the same thing. Shipley missed the entire season in both '04 & '05.