PDA

View Full Version : Palin

I Am Right
11/17/2009, 07:47 PM
Print Email Special Report
Palin's Popularity vs. Media Mania
By Robert Stacy McCain on 11.17.09 @ 6:09AM

Monday afternoon, Rush Limbaugh pointed out the most evil, mean-spirited act Sarah Palin has ever committed: She didn't include an index in her new book, Going Rogue.

Elite journalists don't read political books, but instead skim the index to see if their names are mentioned, Limbaugh explained to his national radio audience. Therefore, Palin omitted the index to exact revenge on her tormenters by forcing them to read her book. To her liberal enemies, this was a deed as inhumane as her moose-hunting.

Rush played an audio clip of MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell complaining about "Sarah's index-and-footnote free, score settling campaign memoir." The same network's Andrea Mitchell -- apparently having assigned some flunky to read the whole book -- recited on her show the only page of Going Rogue (p. 397) where Palin mentioned Mitchell.

What is it about Palin that sticks in the craw of liberal journalists? Perhaps the same thing that has always annoyed them about Rush Limbaugh: Sarah Palin doesn't need their help, and all their efforts to harm her appear impotent.

Her media enemies cite polls to demonstrate that the former Alaska governor is unpopular. Yet her book is a bestselling blockbuster, while anti-Palin outfits like CBS, MSNBC and CNN are the least-popular TV news organizations in America. And as far as Republicans are concerned, Palin is infinitely more popular.

At this point, Palin controls her own destiny. She is independent, and has no need to court the approval of the media "gatekeepers." She's the hottest topic in political news, and if the New York Times or the TV networks want a piece of the action, they have to play by her rules. They're so used to dictating the rules -- every book must have an index! -- that Palin's rogue refusal to follow their rules is even more offensive to them than her good looks, her handsome husband, and her five children.

The Associated Press reportedly tasked 11 staffers to fact-check Going Rogue. How many AP reporters fact-checked Barack Obama's books? Maybe the number wasn't zero, but it sure as heck wasn't 11.

If the AP ever decides to start fact-checking what is written about Sarah Palin as rigorously as it fact-checks what is written by Sarah Palin, maybe they'll be doing a service to journalism. As it is, they're just another tiny cog in the massive anti-Palin machine that also includes Media Matters and every liberal's favorite "conservative," David Brooks. (ABC's "Good Morning America" ran a clip of Brooks calling Palin a "joke" as evidence that "even conservatives" are against her.)

Newsweek devoted its latest cover story to attacking Palin -- a refreshing change of pace from Newsweek's weekly cover stories praising Barack Obama. According to Newsweek, she's a "problem" in need of a solution, perhaps because she looks good in shorts.

There seems to be a media competition at work, a sort of championship tournament. Every reporter, anchor, and pundit in America is engaged in a frantic effort to be the hero who fires the silver bullet that slays the Republican werewolf from Wasilla.

Whether or not Sarah Palin is the last, best hope of the GOP, she is inarguably the worst nightmare of crusading liberal journalists. Not since Oliver North showed up for a key congressional hearing in his Marine Corps uniform has the Washington press corps been so spectacularly vexed at its inability to destroy an intended victim. Her mere survival makes her Evil with a capital "E." The only way Republicans can save Palin from this incessant maelstrom of media hatred is to nominate a Limbaugh-Coulter ticket in 2012.

The result of this constant Palin-bashing is exactly the opposite of what the bashers intend. Possessing an amazing ability to enrage liberals, she causes them to expose their own nuttiness, as when Andrew Sullivan -- Patient Zero of the Palin Derangement Syndrome media pandemic -- accused her of being "obsessed" with him.

In one of those million-to-one coincidences that have attended Palin's skyrocket ascent, her collaborator on Going Rogue is Lynn Vincent, with whom I co-authored on Donkey Cons. Lynn is a veteran journalist whom I first met when she recruited me to the staff of the Jacksonville (Ala.) State University student newspaper.

This connection caused the werewolf-hunters to cry "A-ha!" and to engage in what one blogger dubbed "second-degree guilt-by-association." In the process of trying to prove that Lynn is a hatefully homophobic racist, however, they exposed the awful truth: She has gay friends and relatives, and attends a megachurch with a black pastor.

Given the mindless ferocity of liberal hatred focused on Palin, she can never expect the media to treat her with the reverential deference that Obama customarily receives from reporters. All she asks is that they stop "making stuff up," but even this seems too much to ask, causing her critics to accuse her of "whining."

Fortunately, she won't need any favors from CBS or CNN to reach thousands of Americans face-to-face in the coming weeks, as she embarks on a national book tour that is sure to attract massive crowds at every stop along the way. Palin announced the schedule, as she announces everything else, on her Facebook page, which has a readership larger than Andrea Mitchell's MSNBC audience.

Why do they hate her? Because Sarah Palin is guilty of a sin for which liberals can never forgive a Republican: She's more popular than they are. And everybody knows it.

nighttrain12
11/17/2009, 08:39 PM
'She's got legs, she knows how to use them!'

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/ww/news/2009/11/17/palin.jpg

StoopTroup
11/17/2009, 08:43 PM
If she's more popular than anyone else in the GOP...

Prepare yourselves for 8 years of PBHO.

JohnnyMack
11/17/2009, 08:54 PM
I'd still hit it.

Fraggle145
11/17/2009, 08:56 PM
I wouldnt **** on it, if it were on fire.

Fraggle145
11/17/2009, 08:58 PM
She didn't include an index in her new book, Going Rogue.

Heh, this makes me laugh. Sounds like a certain poster I know...

Fraggle145
11/17/2009, 09:00 PM
Possessing an amazing ability to enrage liberals,

This makes me laugh too... He could have saved a bunch of words right here.

The term he is looking for is "Stupidity."

PDXsooner
11/18/2009, 02:07 AM
i'd hit, it's about all she's good for

OklaPony
11/18/2009, 08:35 AM
Possessing an amazing ability to enrage liberals,

I wouldnt **** on it, if it were on fire.

This makes me laugh too... He could have saved a bunch of words right here.

The term he is looking for is "Stupidity."

Hey look, an enraged liberal! :D

GottaHavePride
11/18/2009, 09:47 AM
So really, all that article is saying is "so-called 'journalists' are attention whores who only care about keeping themselves in the news."

Why is this newsworthy?

Heh. It's a bit of a chicken / egg situation. :)

King Crimson
11/18/2009, 11:09 AM
Bill Kristol coaching her up still won't get her past Iowa in the repub caucus/primary whatever. if you want to vote for a so-called "M-I-L-F" eye-candy neocon puppet....go for it. it's your empty brain matter.

"Going Rogue" is a laughable phrase. J. Danforth Quayle also had a best-seller in 1994: another Kristol pupil.

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 11:18 AM
You'd still hit it. Don't act like you wouldn't.

GottaHavePride
11/18/2009, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't. Maybe if she was 20 years younger.

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't. Maybe if she was 20 years younger.

I guarantee you that if she went "Mrs. Robinson" on your *** you'd be nailing it like this:

http://wearemoviegeeks.com/wp-content/stiflersmom1.jpg

lexsooner
11/18/2009, 12:27 PM
Print Email Special Report
Palin's Popularity vs. Media Mania
By Robert Stacy McCain on 11.17.09 @ 6:09AM

Monday afternoon, Rush Limbaugh pointed out the most evil, mean-spirited act Sarah Palin has ever committed: She didn't include an index in her new book, Going Rogue.

Elite journalists don't read political books, but instead skim the index to see if their names are mentioned, Limbaugh explained to his national radio audience. Therefore, Palin omitted the index to exact revenge on her tormenters by forcing them to read her book. To her liberal enemies, this was a deed as inhumane as her moose-hunting.

Rush played an audio clip of MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell complaining about "Sarah's index-and-footnote free, score settling campaign memoir." The same network's Andrea Mitchell -- apparently having assigned some flunky to read the whole book -- recited on her show the only page of Going Rogue (p. 397) where Palin mentioned Mitchell.

What is it about Palin that sticks in the craw of liberal journalists? Perhaps the same thing that has always annoyed them about Rush Limbaugh: Sarah Palin doesn't need their help, and all their efforts to harm her appear impotent.

Her media enemies cite polls to demonstrate that the former Alaska governor is unpopular. Yet her book is a bestselling blockbuster, while anti-Palin outfits like CBS, MSNBC and CNN are the least-popular TV news organizations in America. And as far as Republicans are concerned, Palin is infinitely more popular.

At this point, Palin controls her own destiny. She is independent, and has no need to court the approval of the media "gatekeepers." She's the hottest topic in political news, and if the New York Times or the TV networks want a piece of the action, they have to play by her rules. They're so used to dictating the rules -- every book must have an index! -- that Palin's rogue refusal to follow their rules is even more offensive to them than her good looks, her handsome husband, and her five children.

The Associated Press reportedly tasked 11 staffers to fact-check Going Rogue. How many AP reporters fact-checked Barack Obama's books? Maybe the number wasn't zero, but it sure as heck wasn't 11.

If the AP ever decides to start fact-checking what is written about Sarah Palin as rigorously as it fact-checks what is written by Sarah Palin, maybe they'll be doing a service to journalism. As it is, they're just another tiny cog in the massive anti-Palin machine that also includes Media Matters and every liberal's favorite "conservative," David Brooks. (ABC's "Good Morning America" ran a clip of Brooks calling Palin a "joke" as evidence that "even conservatives" are against her.)

Newsweek devoted its latest cover story to attacking Palin -- a refreshing change of pace from Newsweek's weekly cover stories praising Barack Obama. According to Newsweek, she's a "problem" in need of a solution, perhaps because she looks good in shorts.

There seems to be a media competition at work, a sort of championship tournament. Every reporter, anchor, and pundit in America is engaged in a frantic effort to be the hero who fires the silver bullet that slays the Republican werewolf from Wasilla.

Whether or not Sarah Palin is the last, best hope of the GOP, she is inarguably the worst nightmare of crusading liberal journalists. Not since Oliver North showed up for a key congressional hearing in his Marine Corps uniform has the Washington press corps been so spectacularly vexed at its inability to destroy an intended victim. Her mere survival makes her Evil with a capital "E." The only way Republicans can save Palin from this incessant maelstrom of media hatred is to nominate a Limbaugh-Coulter ticket in 2012.

The result of this constant Palin-bashing is exactly the opposite of what the bashers intend. Possessing an amazing ability to enrage liberals, she causes them to expose their own nuttiness, as when Andrew Sullivan -- Patient Zero of the Palin Derangement Syndrome media pandemic -- accused her of being "obsessed" with him.

In one of those million-to-one coincidences that have attended Palin's skyrocket ascent, her collaborator on Going Rogue is Lynn Vincent, with whom I co-authored on Donkey Cons. Lynn is a veteran journalist whom I first met when she recruited me to the staff of the Jacksonville (Ala.) State University student newspaper.

This connection caused the werewolf-hunters to cry "A-ha!" and to engage in what one blogger dubbed "second-degree guilt-by-association." In the process of trying to prove that Lynn is a hatefully homophobic racist, however, they exposed the awful truth: She has gay friends and relatives, and attends a megachurch with a black pastor.

Given the mindless ferocity of liberal hatred focused on Palin, she can never expect the media to treat her with the reverential deference that Obama customarily receives from reporters. All she asks is that they stop "making stuff up," but even this seems too much to ask, causing her critics to accuse her of "whining."

Fortunately, she won't need any favors from CBS or CNN to reach thousands of Americans face-to-face in the coming weeks, as she embarks on a national book tour that is sure to attract massive crowds at every stop along the way. Palin announced the schedule, as she announces everything else, on her Facebook page, which has a readership larger than Andrea Mitchell's MSNBC audience.

Why do they hate her? Because Sarah Palin is guilty of a sin for which liberals can never forgive a Republican: She's more popular than they are. And everybody knows it.

With 0 percent of precincts and states counted, I project GOP Presidential nominee Sarah Palin to be the winner of a whopping 75 electoral votes in the 2012 election. "Popular" is a relative term, depending on which areas or social circles you choose to focus.

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2009, 12:28 PM
With 0 percent of precincts and states counted, I project GOP Presidential nominee Sarah Palin to be the winner of a whopping 75 electoral votes in the 2012 election. "Popular" is a relative term, depending on which areas or social circles you choose to focus.

Ron Paul has massive grassroots support. :rolleyes:

NormanPride
11/18/2009, 12:48 PM
I don't know who she's paying to publicize her, but this is pathetic. Is anyone who isn't treating the media like a reality show actually paying attention to her? I thought she lost all credibility and was outed as a bimbo every time she got into serious debate? Do we really need to pull up footage of Biden owning her repeatedly? It was sad.

Honestly, I feel sorry for those investing in her. Money thrown at Palin is like money thrown at Pets.com pre-tech bubble crash.

C&CDean
11/18/2009, 12:52 PM
I just don't get the whole deal with the lefties trying to destroy her. They'll say "oh we don't need to destroy the dumb bitch, she'll do that herself." Funny thing is, she's still hanging around.

King Crimson
11/18/2009, 12:59 PM
I just don't get the whole deal with the lefties trying to destroy her. They'll say "oh we don't need to destroy the dumb bitch, she'll do that herself." Funny thing is, she's still hanging around.

it ain't about her "hanging around", it's about her being Bill Kristol/PNAC product.

if you can't get the difference, you an easy ho.

if you think Obama is a faker/teleprompter....you ain't seen nothing yet.

C&CDean
11/18/2009, 01:04 PM
Dude, I don't have a ****ing clue what a "Bill Kristol/PNAC product" is.

And ain't it sad that our presidents are measured in their ability to speak the spoken word? Leadership? Who cares. Ethics? Who cares. Values and morals? Who gives a damn.

Do he look good? Can he talk good? He good. Meh.

What really cracks me up is the people who slobber all over Brack's nutsack are the ones who go slobbering crazy when Palin is mentioned. Brack = Palin. At best.

85Sooner
11/18/2009, 01:08 PM
Her interview with O seemed sincere and I like the Lady. She speaks from her heart based on her beliefs. O tried to trick her a couple of times but she didn't fall for it.

King Crimson
11/18/2009, 01:36 PM

you make my case for me.

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 01:54 PM

He's a hawkish, neo-con mouthpiece that the mere thought of causes King Crimson to wretch into his wastebasket.

C&CDean
11/18/2009, 01:58 PM
you make my case for me.

Oh, so I don't spend my time watching TV or researching politics (or even giving a **** about politics) and it makes me a easy ho?

Sometimes I think you might just be LAS Lite.

MrJimBeam
11/18/2009, 02:02 PM
He's a hawkish, neo-con mouthpiece that the mere thought of causes King Crimson to wretch into his wastebasket.

I like him already.

Harry Beanbag
11/18/2009, 02:03 PM
I like him already.

Bill Kristol or King Crimson?

King Crimson
11/18/2009, 02:04 PM

don't flatter yourself. i actually respond to C&C because i remember when he used to post on hornfans 10 years ago. you, kind of a weenie at best.

MrJimBeam
11/18/2009, 02:05 PM
Bill Kristol or King Crimson?

Bill Kristol..............for making King Crimson throw up.

That and he hasn't blown up any government buildings.

Scott D
11/18/2009, 02:06 PM
Seriously

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/sargmon/plagarist.jpg

King Crimson
11/18/2009, 02:08 PM
it's not about throwing up, it's about thinking.

if you want to put words (or vomiting) in my mouth....at least do it with something interesting.

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 02:11 PM
don't flatter yourself. i actually respond to C&C because i remember when he used to post on hornfans 10 years ago. you, kind of a weenie at best.

I hope I can get to sleep tonight.

lexsooner
11/18/2009, 02:14 PM
Her interview with O seemed sincere and I like the Lady. She speaks from her heart based on her beliefs. O tried to trick her a couple of times but she didn't fall for it.

I thought she was very sincere and showed us the real Sarah in her interview with Couric last year. In fact, I am thinking I was too harsh on her. She will carry West Virginia too in 2012, 5 electoral votes, giving her 80, not 75 total.

King Crimson
11/18/2009, 02:14 PM
I hope I can get to sleep tonight.

like i say, don't flatter yourself.

Sooner98
11/18/2009, 02:23 PM
Someone help me out here: has anyone who has never held a national office, and probably never will, and who has never had any direct impact on the lives of most Americans, ever been so psychotically hated by so many people, for virtually no reason whatsoever? I can't think of one.

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 02:24 PM
I do find this quote from the OP kind of interesting:

Scott D
11/18/2009, 02:32 PM
Someone help me out here: has anyone who has never held a national office, and probably never will, and who has never had any direct impact on the lives of most Americans, ever been so psychotically hated by so many people, for virtually no reason whatsoever? I can't think of one.

I for one don't hate her at all. I don't see what is worth going gaga over for her, but I have no reason to hate her.

Fraggle145
11/18/2009, 02:39 PM

There is a reason. She is a ****ing MORON. A Moron that is in the public eye as a representation of what America is all about. It ****ing makes me sick. She obviously doesnt think for herself, and she already told us she doesnt read. She is like head honcho in the war on thinking. That is why I cant stand her.

She wont ever destroy herself because the extreme right will sit around and jack off to her while sharing the same stupid ****ing ideas, so she will always have an audience.

I mean I may disagree with McCain, and I definitely didnt like W, but she is something else.

C&CDean
11/18/2009, 02:48 PM
There is a reason. She is a ****ing MORON. A Moron that is in the public eye as a representation of what America is all about. It ****ing makes me sick. She obviously doesnt think for herself, and she already told us she doesnt read. She is like head honcho in the war on thinking. That is why I cant stand her.

She wont ever destroy herself because the extreme right will sit around and jack off to her while sharing the same stupid ****ing ideas, so she will always have an audience.

I mean I may disagree with McCain, and I definitely didnt like W, but she is something else.

I have a completely different theory.

It's because she scares them. She's their worst nightmare. A good looking chick with real tits and carrying a Bible. Wierds them right the **** out.

The whole "she's a moron" argument doesn't hold up. At all. Why? Cause she's not any more of a moron than - well let's see - Pelosi? Obama? Reid? Frank? Hillary? Biden? Or even Bush? There's a ton of politicians out there who are far more moronic than Palin. She just happens to touch a nerve with the limp-wristed crowd cause they're scared to death of her.

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 02:51 PM

It's because she scares them. She's their worst nightmare. A good looking chick with real tits and carrying a Bible. Wierds them right the **** out.

The whole "she's a moron" argument doesn't hold up. At all. Why? Cause she's not any more of a moron than - well let's see - Pelosi? Obama? Reid? Frank? Hillary? Biden? Or even Bush? There's a ton of politicians out there who are far more moronic than Palin. She just happens to touch a nerve with the limp-wristed crowd cause they're scared to death of her.

I'd like to see Nancy Pelosi play Sarah Palin in Trivial Pursuit. Or Jeopardy. That would be a hell of a trainwreck.

Fraggle145
11/18/2009, 02:56 PM

Your ****in a right I'm scared of her.

If that bitch got ahold of the Constitution,I am scared of what she might do. Good looking chicks have a way of ****ing things up right good when they want to. They have an advantage because men are ****ing retarded for em.

And yes she is more of a moron than those people, the reason being is she doesnt (at least to me) appear to question things (and I'm not talking about "going rogue" or questioning her party, I'm talking about how she appears to view life).

All politicians are morons, but I disagree that most are more moronic than Palin.

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 03:02 PM

If that bitch got ahold of the Constitution,I am scared of what she might do. Good looking chicks have a way of ****ing things up right good when they want to. They have an advantage because men are ****ing retarded for em.

And yes she is more of a moron than those people, the reason being is she doesnt (at least to me) appear to question things (and I'm not talking about "going rogue" or questioning her party, I'm talking about how she appears to view life).

All politicians are morons, but I disagree that most are more moronic than Palin.

You can honestly tell me you think that Nancy Pelosi is better for America than Palin is? That one repulses you less than another?

To me Palin lacks intellectual curiousity.

Pelosi lacks honesty and in turn integrity.

I don't know which is worse.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/18/2009, 03:03 PM
Great thread! The vampires holding up the crucifixes and garlic wreathes.

NormanPride
11/18/2009, 03:14 PM
You can honestly tell me you think that Nancy Pelosi is better for America than Palin is? That one repulses you less than another?

To me Palin lacks intellectual curiousity.

Pelosi lacks honesty and in turn integrity.

I don't know which is worse.

Flip a coin. But you think Palin has honesty or integrity? Hmm.

11/18/2009, 03:19 PM
"To me Palin lacks intellectual curiousity."-JohnnyMack
What makes you say that?

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 03:23 PM
you make my case for me.

wow. a bit off subject but your avvie....theres a group you dont hear about too often. public image limited...a fan of johnnie rotten or just like the picture?

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 03:31 PM
"To me Palin lacks intellectual curiousity."-JohnnyMack
What makes you say that?

I don't think Palin is bad for this country. I think that anytime you have someone who raises the political consciousness of the general population, regardless of whether or not you agree with what they're saying, it's good for us as a whole. I don't think having her become POTUS would be much different than Obama to be honest with you. They're both incredibly polarizing individuals who are both very young in terms of where they are politically. Her lack of intellectual curiosity is simply the way I interpret what I've seen of her. Now your obvious counter to that is that what I've seen of her has been through the lens of the corporate, agenda driven media and isn't the real her. Conversely it can be said that Obama's egghead nature is also a product of that same lens.

C&CDean
11/18/2009, 03:44 PM
Sometimes JM amazes me. Not often, but sometimes.

11/18/2009, 04:10 PM
I don't think Palin is bad for this country. I think that anytime you have someone who raises the political consciousness of the general population, regardless of whether or not you agree with what they're saying, it's good for us as a whole. I don't think having her become POTUS would be much different than Obama to be honest with you. They're both incredibly polarizing individuals who are both very young in terms of where they are politically. Her lack of intellectual curiosity is simply the way I interpret what I've seen of her. Now your obvious counter to that is that what I've seen of her has been through the lens of the corporate, agenda driven media and isn't the real her. Conversely it can be said that Obama's egghead nature is also a product of that same lens.What could she do that would make you think she might be intellectually curious? Aside; I would not characterize Obama as "egghead". Maybe a good student, but, why do you characterize him as "egghead"?

85Sooner
11/18/2009, 04:12 PM

In what way? I have never heard her say anything that would indicate that she would want to change the constitution. What should she question that she is not? She is a married lady who is not divorced, had kids, has been successful at everything she has tried including Gov of Alaska. She seems pretty self sufficient. What could possibly scare you?

85Sooner
11/18/2009, 04:16 PM
I don't think Palin is bad for this country. I think that anytime you have someone who raises the political consciousness of the general population, regardless of whether or not you agree with what they're saying, it's good for us as a whole. I don't think having her become POTUS would be much different than Obama to be honest with you. They're both incredibly polarizing individuals who are both very young in terms of where they are politically. Her lack of intellectual curiosity is simply the way I interpret what I've seen of her. Now your obvious counter to that is that what I've seen of her has been through the lens of the corporate, agenda driven media and isn't the real her. Conversely it can be said that Obama's egghead nature is also a product of that same lens.

You actually think her agenda would look like that of Obama? They totally live their lives differently. He lived off the gov and befriended all sorts of questionable people, had never run anything. She on the other hand has lived as she talks. Intellectual curiosity? She can spin circles around 90% of the politicians because she has shown she is not afraid to confront what is wrong.

Scott D
11/18/2009, 04:17 PM
this trainwreck has gotten very amusing.

85Sooner
11/18/2009, 04:17 PM
Flip a coin. But you think Palin has honesty or integrity? Hmm.

Are you kidding? Even my anti government/anarchist friend from Alaska liked her and how she did her job. I promise you that is saying something.

Condescending Sooner
11/18/2009, 04:19 PM
In what way? I have never heard her say anything that would indicate that she would want to change the constitution. What should she question that she is not? She is a married lady who is not divorced, had kids, has been successful at everything she has tried including Gov of Alaska. She seems pretty self sufficient. What could possibly scare you?

They have no good reasons to be scared of her, that's just all they have heard, hence all they know.

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 04:22 PM
You actually think her agenda would look like that of Obama? They totally live their lives differently. He lived off the gov and befriended all sorts of questionable people, had never run anything. She on the other hand has lived as she talks. Intellectual curiosity? She can spin circles around 90% of the politicians because she has shown she is not afraid to confront what is wrong.

Not really what I was getting at.

Can I still get a cheap TV?

Scott D
11/18/2009, 04:24 PM
And another thought, why would anyone in their right mind defend Nancy Pelosi to any degree? Seriously.

A phrase I remember once in reference to a loss prevention manager suits her just fine "She's very good at what she does." It's not a compliment, it's not a negative..it just is.

Outside of that she can go to hell in a handbasket...and so can Palin and every other politician.

NormanPride
11/18/2009, 04:55 PM
Are you kidding? Even my anti government/anarchist friend from Alaska liked her and how she did her job. I promise you that is saying something.

You're in all likelihood older than me so you should know better than to believe in any politician. Especially someone self-serving enough to quit being a political leader so she could focus on books and campaigning.

85Sooner
11/18/2009, 05:28 PM
You're in all likelihood older than me so you should know better than to believe in any politician. Especially someone self-serving enough to quit being a political leader so she could focus on books and campaigning.

I can't be that pessimistic or the game is over. I believe that true Americans can stand up for the principles that this country was originally founded on and get us headed back in the right direction but it is a long shot.

I don't trust any of the career politicians and by that I mean anyone who has been in the same office for years and years and years but IMO Palin is not a career politician and she has had the executive, the buck stops here position. The choice is those type of folks or the corrupt career politician that we all bitch about. I'd rather give someone like her a shot more so than the litany of patsies that are beholden to the parties.

If we keep going the way we are going there is going to be so much bloodshed that it won't matter anymore.

swardboy
11/18/2009, 06:02 PM
Sometimes JM amazes me. Not often, but sometimes.

Stop reading my mind! [hairGel]

Fraggle145
11/18/2009, 06:07 PM

It was a figure of speech. Basically, I dont want her exaggerated moral values coming anywhere near me. The reason she is scary is because she is a good looking woman that if put in the right position could do just that... I consider many of the moral values that the extreme right values to be a step backward for society in general. Additionally many of these values in my opinion hinder the progression of thought.

On the intellectual curiousity thing.
When someone tells me (or makes it well known as she has done) that they dont accept the theory of evolution because they cant understand how we could have possibly come from monkeys and thus god must have spawned us on the earth 6000 years ago, then I dont think that they are intellectually curious.

On the Pelosi thing.
Pelosi is a lying bitch that is using the American people. She is a politician. And you're surprised?! Palin did self-serving things for her own ends while in office too, or did you forget? She's a politician too. They are all ****ing dirty as hell.

Basically, for some reason Palin embodies for me the essence of all the anti-intellectualism and pseudomoralism from the extreme right. I cant even think about her without getting insanely angry. Hence, probably making none of my posts about her very rational. :O

I still want to punch her stupid face.

NormanPride
11/18/2009, 06:10 PM
I can't be that pessimistic or the game is over. I believe that true Americans can stand up for the principles that this country was originally founded on and get us headed back in the right direction but it is a long shot.

I don't trust any of the career politicians and by that I mean anyone who has been in the same office for years and years and years but IMO Palin is not a career politician and she has had the executive, the buck stops here position. The choice is those type of folks or the corrupt career politician that we all bitch about. I'd rather give someone like her a shot more so than the litany of patsies that are beholden to the parties.

If we keep going the way we are going there is going to be so much bloodshed that it won't matter anymore.

Obama wasn't a career politician either. ;) But I'm with you there. We need to find the people that we can trust and stick with them - encourage the selfless to run for office and vote out the crappy self-serving POSes.

I thought Palin was a good one, at least in the integrity department, until she bailed on Alaska after having a taste of the national stage. Do you think she does that if she isn't even mentioned with McCain in '08? I think the republicans have her in their clutches, and once a major party is controlling your career, you can kiss your ideals goodbye.

tommieharris91
11/18/2009, 07:17 PM

How do you really feel about her?

I Am Right
11/18/2009, 07:24 PM

Example of FEAR

Fraggle145
11/18/2009, 07:32 PM
Example of FEAR

No **** sherlock. I said I was scared of her 3 posts later. :rolleyes:

Read the thread.

tommieharris91
11/18/2009, 07:33 PM

I'm not sure she knows what's in the Constitution to begin with.

11/18/2009, 08:43 PM
No **** sherlock. I said I was scared of her 3 posts later. :rolleyes:

Read the thread.What sort of constraints would she put on you/America that would be as bad as having the federal govt. take over everyone's lives, as the dems are in process of doing...IOW, you don't really make any sense on this political stuff. I have confidence in you as a biologist and doctoral candidate, though, FWIW.

TUSooner
11/18/2009, 08:48 PM
popularity = ??????

When our enemies are popular, we dismiss them as demagogues. When our friends are popular, we hail them as true heroes of the people.

popularity = 0

Fraggle145
11/18/2009, 09:28 PM
What sort of constraints would she put on you/America that would be as bad as having the federal govt. take over everyone's lives, as the dems are in process of doing...IOW, you don't really make any sense on this political stuff. I have confidence in you as a biologist and doctoral candidate, though, FWIW.

There's tons of stuff that I wouldnt want to see, anti-abortion stuff, god in schools stuff (or intelligent design), etc...

I readily admit I dont know much about politics. Truth be told, given the slog everything seems to have to go through in the government, she probably couldnt do very much, similar to Obama now.

Like I said I probably just cant perceive her rationally due to some of her stances on religious and scientific issues.

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 09:43 PM
I used to think EXACTLY like Fraggle. Then I got a job, a wife, a mortgage and a couple of kids. As I got older I realized that voting towards the best interest of my wallet was more important to me than trying to enact social change with my vote. Social change will come regardless of who's in office. Sometimes it moves glacially, but it does come. I'm done voting for anyone who wants to spend money the way our last two presidents have behaved. If that means I end up supporting a candidate who doesn't matchup perfectly with my social ideologies, so be it.

tommieharris91
11/18/2009, 09:50 PM
The SO's favorite girl suggests a running mate. (http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iXcn9wDoKSzwq796UWd460DRKKlQ)

Fraggle145
11/18/2009, 10:12 PM
I used to think EXACTLY like Fraggle. Then I got a job, a wife, a mortgage and a couple of kids. As I got older I realized that voting towards the best interest of my wallet was more important to me than trying to enact social change with my vote. Social change will come regardless of who's in office. Sometimes it moves glacially, but it does come. I'm done voting for anyone who wants to spend money the way our last two presidents have behaved. If that means I end up supporting a candidate who doesn't matchup perfectly with my social ideologies, so be it.

Except my social idealogies tend to match up remarkably well with my wallet given my chosen career path. Obama (and democrats in general) = more money for science (at least the kind of science I do). :D

JohnnyMack
11/18/2009, 10:22 PM
Except my social idealogies tend to match up remarkably well with my wallet given my chosen career path. Obama (and democrats in general) = more money for science (at least the kind of science I do). :D

Fair enough. I'm a capitalist/atheist. :)

tommieharris91
11/18/2009, 10:40 PM
Fair enough. I'm a capitalist/atheist. :)

Most people here don't realize that this is the only way to be a capitalist. Most Christian churches tend to frown on rich, greedy people.

Turd_Ferguson
11/18/2009, 10:51 PM
Most people here don't realize that this is the only way to be a capitalist. Most Christian churches tend to frown on rich, greedy people.Which Churches would that be?

tommieharris91
11/18/2009, 10:53 PM
Which Churches would that be?

Any church that considers greed one of the seven deadly sins.

Fraggle145
11/19/2009, 12:04 AM
Most people here don't realize that this is the only way to be a capitalist. Most Christian churches tend to frown on rich, greedy people.

Except the ones that fill the coffers ;)

Pricetag
11/19/2009, 01:01 AM
The SO's favorite girl suggests a running mate.
Palin-Beck. Wow. The loudest of the righties would cream their jeans, and all the folks not talking would come out in droves for the Obama landslide.

Pricetag
11/19/2009, 01:13 AM
It's going to take a lot of good, hard thinking at the individual level, about elections on every level of government.

The mayoral race here in Tulsa this year was disgusting. The ads from Adelson and Bartlett were so intellectually insulting. I don't live in the city, so I didn't get to vote, but neither of those jokers would have gotten mine. How do they expect us to take them seriously when these are the messages that they are sending out? I hate it that so many people respond to them.

11/19/2009, 02:24 AM
Palin-Beck. Wow. The loudest of the righties would cream their jeans, and all the folks not talking would come out in droves for the Obama landslide.I doubt Beck would be in politics. Palin will run for something, if not president. If the election is not totally frauded in '10, President Obama might not even be the democrat nominee, if there still is a democrat party.haha. America will be so broke and PO'd in another 12 months, there's no telling what will happen.

C&CDean
11/19/2009, 09:37 AM
Palin-Beck. Wow. The loudest of the righties would cream their jeans, and all the folks not talking would come out in droves for the Obama landslide.

All the "droves" came out last election. How the hell do you think Brack won?

MrJimBeam
11/19/2009, 09:43 AM

Rich doesn't always = greedy
Greedy doesn't always = rich

Pricetag
11/19/2009, 10:50 AM
All the "droves" came out last election. How the hell do you think Brack won?
If you're right, then the Republicans have to get some of those people to have a chance to win against him in 2012. No way it happens if they put up a ticket that non-hardcore conservatives will want to vote against.

C&CDean
11/19/2009, 11:02 AM
2012 will be the year of the Independent.

yermom
11/19/2009, 11:17 AM
i think it's going to take a lot longer than that

Pricetag
11/19/2009, 11:20 AM
I bet we still don't have any independent candidates on the ballot here in Oklahoma.

NormanPride
11/19/2009, 11:30 AM
Does Oklahoma even allow independent candidates on the ballot?

StoopTroup
11/19/2009, 11:47 AM
2012 will be the year of the Independent.

You mean the year the Independent gets more votes than the Republican Candidate?

TUSooner
11/19/2009, 03:08 PM
The whole "she's a moron" argument doesn't hold up. At all. Why? Cause she's not any more of a moron than - well let's see - Pelosi? Obama? Reid? Frank? Hillary? Biden? Or even Bush? There's a ton of politicians out there who are far more moronic than Palin

High praise indeed!

C&CDean
11/19/2009, 03:11 PM
Heh. I guess it's about the most you can give a pol.

NormanPride
11/19/2009, 04:01 PM
I would consider her much more moronic if measuring in the amount of embarrassing quotes she's generated. I mean, she's got to be up there with Bush Jr. in the short amount of time she's had on the national stage. :D

She's probably great at studying and taking tests. You know those people? The ones that got good grades but were dumber than **** when it came down to it? She comes across like that.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2009, 04:08 PM
She's probably great at studying and taking tests.

The evidence weighs heavily against this. Everything from her debate performances to not being able to name any Supreme Court decisions that she disagrees with (including one from just a few months previous that had an enormous negative impact on the state she governed AND which she was against before she was for) to having to jump from cow college to cow college to complete her degree tends to indicate she's probably NOT great at studying or taking tests.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone's ever accused her of being book-smart.

CORNholio
11/19/2009, 04:41 PM

If that bitch got ahold of the Constitution,I am scared of what she might do.

Kind of like how the right feels about the obamanator. Turn about is fair play.

Fraggle145
11/19/2009, 07:10 PM
Kind of like how the right feels about the obamanator. Turn about is fair play.

Right but my point earlier in the thread is I should probably mellow out... We've seen all that Obama has done... I doubt she could do much different.

Fraggle145
11/19/2009, 07:10 PM
The evidence weighs heavily against this. Everything from her debate performances to not being able to name any Supreme Court decisions that she disagrees with (including one from just a few months previous that had an enormous negative impact on the state she governed AND which she was against before she was for) to having to jump from cow college to cow college to complete her degree tends to indicate she's probably NOT great at studying or taking tests.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone's ever accused her of being book-smart.

Not intellectually curious...

NormanPride
11/20/2009, 11:30 AM

I'll admit I didn't know her history. She sounds like a dumbass. How did she become governor in the first place? Someone said she graduated with a communication degree in 5 1/2 years and wanted to be a sportscaster?

What the ****, Alaska?

Scott D
11/20/2009, 11:38 AM
They like her so much in Alaska, they just couldn't wait to be so high in unemployment ;)

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2009, 11:44 AM
I'll admit I didn't know her history. She sounds like a dumbass. How did she become governor in the first place? Someone said she graduated with a communication degree in 5 1/2 years and wanted to be a sportscaster?

What the ****, Alaska?

She ran with an (R) next to her name. That pretty much does it in Alaska.

According to someone (and I'm not saying it's true) her life ambition was to be a on SportsCenter until someone told her that she'd have to move to Connecticut.

NormanPride
11/20/2009, 11:46 AM
Yes, but how did she get to run with the R next to her name? You have to know people and have lots of money. My question should be: Who does she know that put her in that position, and how can we kill them?

C&CDean
11/20/2009, 12:31 PM
Man you guys let some bimbo rile you all up. It's funny and fascinating all at the same time. Y'all got some serious chick issues...

NormanPride
11/20/2009, 02:11 PM
I don't care if she's got a penis under there or not. I'm just frustrated that someone with no legitimate future in politics is sticking around because people are stupid. I guess I'm not really mad at her, I'm mad at everyone else. Stop listening to stupid people and let smart people get a shot at running things.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2009, 05:12 PM
Yes, but how did she get to run with the R next to her name? You have to know people and have lots of money. My question should be: Who does she know that put her in that position, and how can we kill them?

There was an incumbent GOP governor who was pretty unpopular. He hemmed and hawed on whether he would run again and ended up not filing until the week of the deadline to run in the primary. She was riding a wave of popularity (which was mostly deserved) after taking on the chair of the Republican Party over unethical use of state resources. I was honestly surprised she beat Tony Knowles in the general.

King Barry's Back
11/22/2009, 04:44 PM

She ran against the sitting governor of Alaska, the most powerful Republican in the state, and defeated him in the primary. She then was elected to the seat over the Democrat.

By going against and defeating the GOP establishment, she earned the "rogue" title she's so proud of.

Say what you want about Sarah Palin -- and there is plenty to say -- but her defeat of Gov Murkowski with the whole party powers-that-be against her was both impressive, and a testament to American democracy.

Nowhere in Europe, at least Western Europe, could a party outsider be elected over the party pooh bah. People here run with the blessing of the party, not against it.

King Barry's Back
11/22/2009, 04:48 PM
This thread is now on the 6th page. As it's mostly old news to me, I have skipped from page 2 to the end of page 5.

But I can tell you this. Democrats often and repeatedly announce her to be stupid and basically useless, and no threat to them. But they have lavished attention on her book. She gets coverage EVERYWHERE in the liberal press, more than the conservative press.

And look how much attention she gets here, on a football message board?

I am not endorsing Sarah Palin, and probably won't vote for her (she resigned her office, bad form), but it's clear that Dems see her as a very serious threat (otherwise they would ignore her) and it's clear that a whole bunch of people are extremely interested in her.

KC//CRIMSON
11/25/2009, 11:57 AM
Why ignore her? She's been fun to point and laugh at, don't ya know! I bet the people in this video couldn't collectively tie their own shoes.

mKKKgua7wQk

I Am Right
11/25/2009, 06:48 PM
Palin Motivates Mothers to Launch Their Own Political Campaigns

FOXNews.com

Sarah Palin is keeping a tight lid on her political ambitions for 2012, but her influence on other would-be politicians can by seen by the growing number of women she has inspired to seek public office.

print email share recommend (5)
AP

Nov. 20: Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin waves to the crowd during a book signing appearance for, "Going Rogue," at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in in Norwood, Ohio (AP).
Sarah Palin is keeping a tight lid on her political ambitions for 2012, but her influence on other would-be politicians can by seen by the growing number of women she has inspired to seek public office.

The 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate's conservative philosophies and her folksy, hockey-mom approach to politics have galvanized other mothers to launch political campaigns -- at all levels of government -- aimed at reducing big-government spending.

Even Palin's real-life family dramas -- like her teenage daughter's pregnancy -- add to her appeal, her followers say.

Patricia Sullivan, a mother of four who is running in the Republican primary to take on Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson in Florida's 8th Congressional District, says Palin's authenticity and rejection of Washington elitism inspired her to launch her own political run.

"She is real America," Sullivan said in an interview Wednesday with FoxNews.com. "She's brought more recognition to the fact that moms can do it all."

Patricia Sullivan is running in the Republican primary to take on Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson for Florida's 8th Congressional District seat.

Lisbeth "Liz" Carter of Atlanta, Ga., is planning a run for the Republican nomination to battle Democratic Rep. Hank Johnson for Georgia's 4th Congressional District.

Denel Wardell is running for a state senator seat in Lauderdale County, Alabama.
Sullivan announced early last month that she would seek to challenge Grayson, whose first term in Congress has been marked by several controversies, including calling a female adviser to Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke's a "K Street whore."

"I think that for a long time people see politicians as part of an elite establishment, and our nation's at a crossroads where the American people realize that the elite establishment has gotten us into a mess," Sullivan said, sounding themes associated with Palin.

Lisbeth "Liz" Carter of Atlanta is planning a run for the Republican nomination to battle Democratic Rep. Hank Johnson in Georgia's 4th Congressional District. She said Palin possesses a quality that many career politicians lack: common sense.

"Her views are simple and basic," said Carter, a 40-year-old mother and CEO of a small consulting group that assists private companies in executive recruitment. "She's a leader who inspired people to step up and say we've had enough.

"She doesn't put herself up in an ivory tower and say 'I know what's best for you,'" Carter said, adding that she thinks Palin was "mishandled" last year by both the McCain campaign and the Republican National Committee.

"She was sort of put into a box, and her true spirit and her passion were not allowed to really shine through," she said. "She wasn't just a pretty picture standing next to John McCain."

Palin's post-campaign popularity has soared in recent weeks as she has barnstormed the country on a whirlwind book promotion tour.

A Fox News poll conducted Nov. 17 to 18 found that 47 percent of respondents are more likely to give Palin a favorable rating than they are House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. And about six in 10 polled said the former Alaska governor has been treated unfairly by the press.

Even Palin cites her simplistic approach toward government and her down-to-earth demeanor as qualifications for public office.

"I have common sense and I have, I believe the values that are reflective of so many other American values," she said in a recent interview with Fox News' Bill O'Reilly. "I believe that what Americans are seeking is not the elitism."

Denel Wardell, who is running for a state senator seat in Lauderdale County, Ala., told FoxNews.com that Palin's views inspired her to seek office.

"My first obligation is to the people who elect me, not to the party I'm running on. And Sarah Palin made her first obligation the American public," said Wardell, who has recently worked as a tea party organizer.

"She's not manufactured. She's one of us," she said.

KABOOKIE
11/25/2009, 07:11 PM
Why ignore her? She's been fun to point and laugh at, don't ya know! I bet the people in this video couldn't collectively tie their own shoes.

mKKKgua7wQk

I'd bet dollars to donuts they're all smarter than the average Obama supporter.

mm1KOBMg1Y8

tommieharris91
11/25/2009, 07:18 PM
Nevermind, this thread is about to get really stupid again.

Scott D
11/25/2009, 07:35 PM
about to?

tommieharris91
11/25/2009, 07:38 PM
about to?

OK I'll edit it.

Scott D
11/25/2009, 07:50 PM
lol...my statement still stands.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/25/2009, 08:40 PM
This thread is exactly why I'm gonna start voting independent. My God we need a third party.

C&CDean
11/25/2009, 08:55 PM
This thread is exactly why I'm gonna start voting independent. My God we need a third party.

Indeed young man, indeed.

GottaHavePride
11/25/2009, 09:37 PM

THIS.

And how about a fourth, fifth, and sixth party while we're at it?

King Crimson
11/26/2009, 12:38 AM
Indeed young man, indeed.

i remember specifically posting this same thing....about voting independent and never having been a member of "either" political party. claiming a viable 3rd party at least was sorely needed. and you, my friend Dean....posting that it was "time to grow up" and pick a side between the GOP and Dems. because that's how we do here.

looks like you've come to the other side, yo.

yermom
11/26/2009, 12:59 AM
well, there is a difference between wanting a third party and throwing your vote away on one

Nader pretty much gave us Bush, didn't he?

Scott D
11/26/2009, 01:03 AM
I doubt it, Nader only appealed to fringers. States that only allow you to vote (R) or (D) on the ballot are the problem. Enough so that there should be considerations as to whether or not their systems are being 'bought' by those two parties.

yermom
11/26/2009, 01:07 AM
i'm thinking Florida. i'm pretty sure those voters wouldn't have been voting for W...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_20 00

Scott D
11/26/2009, 01:12 AM
you could argue that any of the other candidates on the ballot affected the outcome in Florida, and not just the 1% of morons that voted for a crackpot like Nader.

Crucifax Autumn
11/26/2009, 02:04 AM
Interesting to note that that Wiki shows what geniuses Bush and Gore's legal teams were...not. In all the recount scenarios that the later media recounts reviewed, the one the Gore campaign actually sewed for and insisted on is the scenario he was sure to lose. In the full recount that the Bush legal team insisted on Gore woulda won.

I still find that to be the single most interesting thing about that entire fiasco.

yermom
11/26/2009, 02:27 AM
you could argue that any of the other candidates on the ballot affected the outcome in Florida, and not just the 1% of morons that voted for a crackpot like Nader.

same difference :)

still, Nader's votes were probably pretty close to all Gore votes

Crucifax Autumn
11/26/2009, 03:01 AM
Nah...The Nader voters woulda written in Jerry Brown if Nader wasn't on the ballot.

Fraggle145
11/26/2009, 03:16 PM
I'm registered Independent. Unfortunately in this stat it just means you cant vote in primaries.

C&CDean
11/26/2009, 08:06 PM
i remember specifically posting this same thing....about voting independent and never having been a member of "either" political party. claiming a viable 3rd party at least was sorely needed. and you, my friend Dean....posting that it was "time to grow up" and pick a side between the GOP and Dems. because that's how we do here.

looks like you've come to the other side, yo.

Hardly.

I still consider myself a centrist/conservative with right leaning tendencies, however, my problem is the stupidity that has bubbled to the surface in this country over the past 8 years or so is wearing me slick. The partisan fighting - not the values of each side - the stupid us vs. them is completely making my taint hurt. When I see KC or LAS going stupid against Tuba or RLIMC (who go just as stupid) I think "Judas H. Priest with blinders on and a dick in my *** I hate this country." This country has devolved into a mindless mosh pit of political crapola. In all seriousness, I blame the Bush haters. I mean I hated Clinton, but the Bush haters took it to a whole new level of stupid.

So, as time goes by, I see a third party as a need, not really a want. I still don't think it'd be viable, but you never know. If enough people get sick of the stupid bull**** bickering between parties then it might fly. Who the **** knows?

11/27/2009, 10:30 AM
Hardly.

I still consider myself a centrist/conservative with right leaning tendencies, however, my problem is the stupidity that has bubbled to the surface in this country over the past 8 years or so is wearing me slick. The partisan fighting - not the values of each side - the stupid us vs. them is completely making my taint hurt. When I see KC or LAS going stupid against Tuba or RLIMC (who go just as stupid) I think "Judas H. Priest with blinders on and a dick in my *** I hate this country." This country has devolved into a mindless mosh pit of political crapola. In all seriousness, I blame the Bush haters. I mean I hated Clinton, but the Bush haters took it to a whole new level of stupid.

So, as time goes by, I see a third party as a need, not really a want. I still don't think it'd be viable, but you never know. If enough people get sick of the stupid bull**** bickering between parties then it might fly. Who the **** knows?Recipe for continued nanny state. We can thank Glenn Beck for his help, there.

C&CDean
11/27/2009, 11:11 AM
Recipe for continued nanny state. We can thank Glenn Beck for his help, there.

I can honestly say I don't have a ****ing clue what you're talking about.

NYC Poke
11/27/2009, 03:12 PM
I can honestly say I don't have a ****ing clue what you're talking about.

I think it had to do with some weird combination of Martha Stewart, Glenn Beck, and Fran Drescher.

11/27/2009, 06:58 PM
I can honestly say I don't have a ****ing clue what you're talking about.I'll take you at your word.

C&CDean
11/27/2009, 08:20 PM
Dude, WTF is a "nanny state" and I honestly never listen to any talk radio/TV anymore. It wears me slick.

Alls I know is that what is cooking right now tastes like dog sh it. In a not very good way.

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 08:36 PM
Dean Pretty much sums up My stand .:D

Zbird
11/28/2009, 09:21 PM
I'd still hit it.

Only with your hammer.

OklaPony
12/3/2009, 12:16 PM
Seems like an appropriate time to bump this thread up since the former Veep nominee is in Norman today.

Crazy stuff... they started lining up for entry wristbands about 3:30 or so yesterday. Looks like a campground outside our front door.

NormanPride
12/3/2009, 12:38 PM
Are you selling parking or something? Gotta make money off of this somehow. :D

StoopTroup
12/3/2009, 01:26 PM
What is she wearing?

I bet it's red. Is it red?

What kind of shoes? Go ahead...tell us about the shoes....

Viking Kitten
12/3/2009, 01:31 PM
These people must not have jobs. Kind of like their hero.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs117.snc3/16461_203678524736_704519736_2970996_2716789_n.jpg

Uncle Ernie
12/3/2009, 02:49 PM

You need to flush out your pillow case... I mean HEADGEAR. I've read a sh!tload of your musings. You're a racist, homophobic and incapable of free thought. That's why you like Palin. That and you think you'd get a shot. There. I feel better. Have your little buddy neg me to Boliviastan.

OklaPony
12/3/2009, 03:57 PM
Are you selling parking or something? Gotta make money off of this somehow. :D
I was kind of hoping to sell an extra grand piano or two. :D

starclassic tama
12/3/2009, 04:08 PM
who? oh, you mean the airhead anti-intellect that completely ruined the campaign for the obviously superior candidate? i guess it is his fault for picking her, though.

I Am Right
12/3/2009, 04:13 PM
I'm registered Independent. Unfortunately in this stat it just means you cant vote in primaries.

make a decision.

Chuck Bao
12/3/2009, 04:16 PM
Hardly.

So, as time goes by, I see a third party as a need, not really a want. I still don't think it'd be viable, but you never know. If enough people get sick of the stupid bull**** bickering between parties then it might fly. Who the **** knows?

With all due respect, I have to say that I disagree. Your taint may hurt and I am not saying that is a bad thing because it should.

First, to place the blame on the Bush haters is disingenuous. The Bush administration was made fun of along the lines of a SNL skit or a South Park episode (I detest South Park and I think they go way over the line of humor). I suppose any US President is going to get this treatment.

As an American living overseas, I did tell my family that President Bush was one of the most hated people on the face of the planet and they thought I was way, way out of line. I will stand my ground in saying that he was possibly a good guy who had no business in the White House and he allowed some people to promote policies that were not good for America in the longer term, but he has to ultimately take responsibility.

The attacks on President Obama are on such an incredibly different level. There are no comparisons. It is personal. It is occasionally against his wife and kids. It is extremely inflammatory. It is racist. It is unjustified, in my opinion, as President Obama has to deal with the ****load of problems created under the previous administration.

If we are talking about the board here, it is constantly overwhelmed with anything that can be cut and pasted from the ultra-conservative media and spun in such a way to attack President Obama. There is not just one thread, but new ones started each day. Occasionally those with clearer thoughts will object, but that’s about it. To put the blame on liberals of the board with the same group of reprehensible haters and thread starters is unfair.

Any posts against the Bush administration here was immediately yelled down as “America – love it or leave it.” When the shoe is on the other foot, there is just an incredible about of projection about “you hated America first”. That is just sickening.

The country is equally divided and the partisanship is growing worse by the day. However, it has to be noted that there is one party that continues to campaign on fear and hate. It is telling about their derision and hatred of “hope”.

That is why I dislike Palin. She is just another light-weight who can lip-sinc the right-wing, religious Republican spew without actually understanding the ramifications on people’s lives. It is pretty sad that Republicans with a bit of character and backbone are not getting their day in the spotlight and serious consideration for the presidency. For the record, I think McCain would have been a very decent president. He didn’t seem willing to compromise his integrity, except for selecting Palin. And, that, in my opinion, cost him the election.

yermom
12/3/2009, 04:45 PM
make a decision.

Giant ****** or turd sandwich?

Condescending Sooner
12/3/2009, 05:15 PM
First, to place the blame on the Bush haters is disingenuous. The Bush administration was made fun of along the lines of a SNL skit or a South Park episode (I detest South Park and I think they go way over the line of humor). I suppose any US President is going to get this treatment.

The attacks on President Obama are on such an incredibly different level. There are no comparisons. It is personal. It is occasionally against his wife and kids. It is extremely inflammatory. It is racist. It is unjustified, in my opinion, as President Obama has to deal with the ****load of problems created under the previous administration.

This is a giant load of crap. According to you, the criticism of Bush was all in fun, but any criticism of Obama is inflammatory and racist. You are obviously completely biased.

The criticism I have heard about Obama mostly involve the orgy of spending and gaffes involving foreign diplomacy.

When people like you scream racism on every criticism, eventually real claims will be neglected.

yermom
12/3/2009, 05:19 PM
some of it is racist

OklaPony
12/3/2009, 05:29 PM
These people must not have jobs. Kind of like their hero.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs117.snc3/16461_203678524736_704519736_2970996_2716789_n.jpg

Meowww... Showing your claws today? :)

I like this pic better...

http://members.cox.net/bluestanggt/001.JPG

yermom
12/3/2009, 05:31 PM
dude. that's badass :D

Uncle Ernie
12/3/2009, 05:42 PM
This is a giant load of crap. According to you, the criticism of Bush was all in fun, but any criticism of Obama is inflammatory and racist. You are obviously completely biased.

The criticism I have heard about Obama mostly involve the orgy of spending and gaffes involving foreign diplomacy.

When people like you scream racism on every criticism, eventually real claims will be neglected.

That's just condescending! Wait! OOOHHHH! Never mind.

Chuck Bao
12/3/2009, 06:07 PM

I did not say that criticism of Bush was all in fun. I did say that I did not approve of South Park type humor but Ameriican presidents have to suffer through that.

I did say that attacks on President Obama are racist, but that was down my list and it wasn't my key point. You can try to flip it around and make it sound like that is all I stated. There have been a number of treads posted here using African-American stereotypes and applied to the US President, his wife and daughters. That can fairly be called racist in my opinion. If you think that is a brand of humor, go with it, dude.

I accept any criticism of President Obama on the blow-out on state spending. However, I also have to argue that there was no choice. The blow-out already started under the previous adminstration and had to be continued in hopefully a successful attempt to get the economy running again. The jury is still out on that, but the US markets hitting new 13-month highs does indicate that some of that state spending has turned around the outlook and restored stability to the financial sector. If you want to argue this, I am ready.

I know a little more about foreign policy. But, are we talking about substance and policy initiatives or gaffes about bowing? Listen up, America has been humbled and weakened already. Our power is our economic might. The military cannot be strong without a supporting economy. I read some article somewhere yesterday that basically said that the American empire is over. Maybe that was already in the cards.

But, I would like a little more substance in a debate when you think I said a load of crap. Sometimes I do release a giant turd. And, I do listen. Linked articles to conservative blogs, not so much.

Chuck Bao
12/3/2009, 06:33 PM
This article is funny to me. I don't know why. Maybe it is telling about some of our Christian brothers and sisters. Maybe it shows their committment and knowledge of Biblical verses. Maybe it shows their lack of priorities and making a joke out of holy scripture. Who knows what is in their hearts and without knowing, all I have to say is God bless them.

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2009/11/16/biblical-anti-obama-slogan-use-of-psalm-1098-funny-or-sinister/

Biblical anti-Obama slogan: Use of Psalm 109:8 funny or sinister?
Psalms 109:8 says, 'Let his days be few; and let another take his office.' The citation is being passed around the Internet as a rallying cry against President Obama.

By Tracey D. Samuelson | Contributor/ November 16, 2009 edition

There’s a new slogan making its way onto car bumpers and across the Internet. It reads simply: “Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8”

A nice sentiment?

Maybe not.

The psalm reads, “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.”

Presidential criticism through witty slogans is nothing new. Bumper stickers, t-shirts, and hats with “1/20/09” commemorated President Bush’s last day in office.

But the verse immediately following the psalm referenced is a bit more ominous: “Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.”

The slogan comes at a time of heightened concern about antigovernment anger. Earlier this year, the president’s senior adviser, David Axelrod, said that Tea Parties could lead to something unhealthy. In September, authorities shut down a poll on Facebook asking if President Obama should be killed.

Still, that doesn’t push the Psalms citation into the realm of hate speech, says Chris Hansen, a staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).

The use of Psalm 109:8 is ambiguous as to whether its users are calling for the President to serve “only one term, or less than one term,” he says.

Deborah Lauter, director of civil rights at the Anti-Defamation League agrees that the bumper sticker falls within acceptable political discourse.

For it to be considered hate speech, it “would advocate actual violence or cite scripture that was more clear in its message.”

But that doesn’t mean that it’s completely innocent.

“Are we concerned about real hostility towards [President Obama]? Absolutely,” says Ms. Lauter. “Is this a part of that movement? It may be, but in terms of this message itself, we would not criticize it.”

“The problem is you don’t know if people who are donning that message in a shirt or on a bumper sticker are fully aware of the quote or what follows. Obviously that message makes the ambiguity disappear. If they’re just referring to him being out of office, that’s one thing. If they’re referring to him being dead, that’s so offensive. It’s protected speech, but it’s clearly offensive.”

For many, the slogan is just a humorous way express disapproval for President Obama. It’s been tweeted and retweeted by Obama critics with messages like “too funny” and “an excellent prayer for America.”

Twitter user Cheri Douglas felt compelled to share the psalm with others. Reached by phone, she said she found it on website while searching for Bible passages relating to leadership – a topic on which she writes, speaks, and consults for a living.

Ms. Douglas was unaware of the verses that followed the ones she referenced and doesn’t think that those who shared the psalm wish the President harm.

“I don’t believe there’s Christians who wish him ill will,” she says.

But Douglas does say she’s unhappy with the president and used the psalm to convey that she’d like him to serve only one term.

Veritas
12/3/2009, 06:44 PM
Ok, I'm in my helicopter with my Remington .308 Tactical...oh, I see a moose right there....

BOOM! HEADSHOT!