PDA

View Full Version : Calhoun finally looked good

htownsooner7
11/17/2009, 05:23 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere else. I thought Calhoun looked much better this last week. And make no mistake, Calhoun's development is very significant for this program.

Jello Biafra
11/17/2009, 05:33 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere else. I thought Calhoun looked much better this last week. And make no mistake, Calhoun's development is very significant for this program.

there have been several games this season in which hes played well.
kinda tough to look like a stud when you are busy trying to avoid getting hit in the back field. backs like AD and Calhoun simply cannot be making their first moves before they get to the line of scrimmage.

rawlingsHOH
11/17/2009, 05:59 PM
Calhoun's previous performances were often behind the back-up OL, and in situations where we were simply trying to run out the game clock. Hard to make plays in those type of opportunities.

The counter-point could be that J.Miller has looked great in similar roles.

Bottom line, I like both!

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2009, 06:43 PM
I think Calhoun and Miller are our future thunder and lighting pair - great change of pace/style.

JLEW1818
11/17/2009, 07:30 PM
it's hard to get a real good look

considering the only time he is in the game, backup players have usually taken over

well.... OUr backup oline probably aint too different than the starting online

htownsooner7
11/17/2009, 07:55 PM
He got a bunch of those carries, and Miller didn't. Wonder if he's turned a corner at practice.

ashley
11/17/2009, 08:29 PM
I doubt that he is the future.

JLEW1818
11/17/2009, 08:44 PM

He was a 5 star recruit

the kid obviously has some talent

Murray will be back next year. Clay and Finch are coming in too

ashley
11/17/2009, 08:49 PM
He was a 5 star recruit

the kid obviously has some talent

Murray will be back next year. Clay and Finch are coming in too

I hear he has a ways to go. Not very fast and not good moves.

JLEW1818
11/17/2009, 08:51 PM
needs a good spring!

TexasSoonerdad
11/17/2009, 08:53 PM

Unlike you, I think we should all enjoy the positive steps forward and be proud of a Sooner who has worked his butt off to show what he can do.

SCxxSOONER
11/17/2009, 09:52 PM
Unlike you, I think we should all enjoy the positive steps forward and be proud of a Sooner who has worked his butt off to show what he can do.

Looked pretty damn good to me, looked quick and powerful

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/17/2009, 10:01 PM
I hear he has a ways to go. Not very fast and not good moves.

Watch his high school film where he makes nearly the entire damn defense miss him.

Not surprising your spek is so red making stupid comments like that

BosworthXXXL
11/17/2009, 10:23 PM
Calhoun was #2 tailback coming out according to Phil Steele.....

that says something

Collier11
11/17/2009, 10:56 PM
He is a troll, dont worry about ashley

westcoast_sooner
11/18/2009, 12:16 AM
Thought the kid looked really good. I like the way he runs, even behind a beat-up young OL. I think he sees a lot of PT next season.

ashley
11/18/2009, 07:07 AM
I hope I am wrong.

ashley
11/18/2009, 08:44 AM
He is a troll, dont worry about ashley

Because I questioned that he was our future ar running back?

TexasSoonerdad
11/18/2009, 10:26 AM
Because I questioned that he was our future ar running back?

It just must be that you trend to the negative side. Just can't figure out what would lead you to say something like that.

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 10:39 AM
It just must be that you trend to the negative side. Just can't figure out what would lead you to say something like that.

just shock value.

i dont think ive talked to anyone yet that hasnt said that kid will be anything other than THE starter next season. Demarco is the starter now because of his contributions to the team in the past. freshman rbs don't typically start because of their tendency to panic and not being able to keep the handle on the ball. calhoun is a strong, fast runner who has decent vision for a freshman and most of us will probably agree, will be way up on the list of all time runningbacks by the time he leaves.

sidenote: i dont know anyone on the inside but most people i talk to are educated enough about football to know a good runner when they see him. calhoun makes me feel like when i saw murray run for the first time before his kajillion injuries.

Okie35
11/18/2009, 11:58 AM
Calhoun was #2 tailback coming out according to Phil Steele.....

that says something

He was actually the number 1 coming out at a few other places. He'll get plenty of min. next year, hopefully. I mean he is a good back, he has good vision.

KantoSooner
11/18/2009, 12:31 PM
Calhoun is the real deal. Mark it down. My only disappointment with him is that his string of games in which he de-helmeted would be tacklers came to an end.
My 'Jlew' style obcessions would be: Calhoun and 'Big Daddy' King. (for name alone if nothing else, I mean THAT is a football name.)

Collier11
11/18/2009, 12:45 PM
Im ready to see what Hurst will do as a starter next yr, him and Kevin Brent intrigue me as well as Ronnell Lewis

NormanPride
11/18/2009, 12:51 PM
I haven't heard anything about Kevin Brent so far, but he's got the stars to be a good one.

BoulderSooner79
11/18/2009, 01:27 PM
I think Calhoun is the type to terrorize defenses in the 4th quarter. One of those "<insert RB name here> gets stronger in the 4th" guys. I *hate* that announcer cliche, BTW. RBs do *not* get stronger late in the game; defenses and especially DLs get tired and thus have trouble getting off blocks. But it is nice to have backs that can exploit this fact.

Collier11
11/18/2009, 01:35 PM
I disagree a little, AD always seemed to get stronger later in the game. Remember his 2nd half @Oregon in the rip off game, he was unstoppable

KRYPTON
11/18/2009, 02:32 PM

U R RONG

:texan: :D :texan:

ashley
11/18/2009, 08:28 PM
U R RONG

:texan: :D :texan:

I hope he is. I would love to be wrong.

starclassic tama
11/18/2009, 09:19 PM
I disagree a little, AD always seemed to get stronger later in the game. Remember his 2nd half @Oregon in the rip off game, he was unstoppable

148 yards in the 4th quarter alone

ridiculous

kelloggOUballa
11/18/2009, 10:26 PM
Demarco is the starter now because of his contributions to the team in the past.

DeMarco is the starter because DeMarco is our second-best weapon behind Ocho Cinco. He showed that, and Wilson showed that, against A&M. You don't give a token stater reps at three different positions, sorry. When DeMarco is healthy, he is a game changer. It just takes time to recover from injury to injury. He is starting to peak again.

BoulderSooner79
11/18/2009, 10:54 PM

Perfect example of defense getting tired in late in the game. On top of that, the coaches remembered he is not just strong, but *fast*. They started running him outside and those tired LBs couldn't get outside.

Good backs look stronger late in the game because the DL has been trying to move 300+ OL guys for 60 plays. Good coaches know this. Of course, your team must be in the game to take advantage.

gaylordfan1
11/18/2009, 10:58 PM
I really like Caloun.... But I think J. Miller has a lot to offer! Hopefully he gets healthy. I was more impressed with him than Calhoun. Miller has a burst in the hole and speed to break away. I was expecting to see Miller in the A&M game and was confused why he didn't get any snaps. I later found out he was injured. Up to that game Miller had more yards on less plays than Calhoun. They will compliment each other well in the future.