PDA

View Full Version : Leach interested in Louisville job?

sooner59
11/17/2009, 05:03 PM
I know its tough for Tech to recruit against and play against the Big 12 South, but Louisville seems like a downgrade. This would just be an odd move.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/18374274

stoops the eternal pimp
11/17/2009, 05:05 PM
I know its tough for Tech to recruit against and play against the Big 12 South, but Louisville seems like a downgrade. This would just be an odd move.
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/18374274

Thats why I wouldn't bet against Leach doing it...

sooner59
11/17/2009, 05:13 PM
Thats why I wouldn't bet against Leach doing it...

I see your point. And because of this, I wouldn't be surprised either. :pop:

ndpruitt03
11/17/2009, 05:15 PM
I think it might be a decent move because you can win the Big East at Louisville. Winning a South title at Tech just won't happen unless OU and Texas both have down years at the same time.

ouleaf
11/17/2009, 05:25 PM
Wasn't there a big fuss about his contract negotiations with Tech wanting to put in a claus penalizing him leaving Tech for another job? I remember him getting all fussy about Tech not having faith in him sticking around with if a major program offered? Not that Louisville is a major program, but still.

Oldnslo
11/17/2009, 05:30 PM
Leach + Louisville = BCS contender every year.

badger
11/17/2009, 05:30 PM
Mikey making an odd move? NEVER! ;)

Seriously though, the Big East has similar quirky offenses to Mikey's, so this wouldn't be a good career move for him. Moving to the Big 10, however, would have that conference scrambling.

Tressel: Speed?!
Paterno: Passing over running?!
Ferenz: De-emphasizing defense?
Belima: More high scoring games?!
Rich Roddy: Oh, hi guys. I was just here to clean out my desk...

;)

Jello Biafra
11/17/2009, 05:31 PM
Wasn't there a big fuss about his contract negotiations with Tech wanting to put in a claus penalizing him leaving Tech for another job? I remember him getting all fussy about Tech not having faith in him sticking around with if a major program offered? Not that Louisville is a major program, but still.

Louisville=not having to ever playing OU or Texas again. period. he will win the big east in at least the second year and Ohio players that dont go to OSU will be beating down his door to play within his system.

yermom
11/17/2009, 05:37 PM
yeah, i'm thinking not having to recruit against Texas or OU would be nice. and getting to BCS games would be a bit easier

TUSooner
11/17/2009, 05:38 PM
It would be odder for him to go to Notre Dame.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Unthinkable. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!1

He would kick all kinds of booty at L'ville, and he'd give them the kind of offense that had become used to.

oudivesherpa
11/17/2009, 06:53 PM
It would be odder for him to go to Notre Dame.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Unthinkable. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!1

He would kick all kinds of booty at L'ville, and he'd give them the kind of offense that had become used to.

A Mormon at Notre Dame--Is it 2012, is the world ending. :eek:

TXBOOMER
11/17/2009, 07:01 PM
Leach + Louisville = BCS contender every year.

This. + I don't see him ever winning a Big 12 Championship anytime soon. I always figured he would end up at Cal or some other Pac 10 school.

bluedogok
11/17/2009, 08:37 PM
Louisville=not having to ever playing OU or Texas again. period. he will win the big east in at least the second year and Ohio players that dont go to OSU will be beating down his door to play within his system.
This could definitely be the case if Kelly leaves Cincy for Notre Dame.

royalfan5
11/17/2009, 08:56 PM
Just imagine Leach at the Kentucky Derby six or seven Juleps in.

OU-HSV
11/17/2009, 09:00 PM
He used to coach some at Kentucky. I don't know if he has any ties to that state still or any reason he'd want to live there again. But I could see him going to L'ville regardless...just seems like something he'd do, just another challenge he'd take on.

westcoast_sooner
11/18/2009, 01:22 AM
Yes - the reason Stoops picked him as his OC was because his UK offense was the toughest one he had to defend at Florida.

I can think of as many reasons for Leach to take a job like that as I can reasons not to take it. Sure, it would be a step down, but he's facing facts that he's not going to compete for the Big XII South year in and year out. He'll have some success, go to bowl games and once in awhile, have a year like last year. But he just won't be able to get the kind of talent to beat Texas and OU every year. Point is why not look around for a different school, someplace he can really toss it around and build a program. UL could work, or some others might be good for him as well. And if there was friction between him and the AD last year, that might mean one or the other wants him out sooner rather than later.

Kind of interesting.