PDA

View Full Version : Bob probably will listen to Notre Dame

SoonerinSouthlake
11/17/2009, 02:48 PM
Bob has always listened.

Lifting his skirt to Florida, Cleveland Browns, ND in the past, probably Jerry Jones, and others has made him one of the highest paid coaches in football at one of the top 5 jobs in the sport.

He's been loyal....but not stupid ....he knows how to get paid.

I could be wrong of course. Maybe he is interested in trying something new.
But logic says, look what he has accomplished at OU. Not just a National Championship and a great w-l record. But look at Norman Oklahoma. He has directly impacted: attendance, stadium growth, cash for the university which lead to major development..and lets face it he has directly resulted in revenue which has had major positive affects on the City of Norman and surrounding areas.

SO yes...he is a head coach of a top 5 job, but ever more so a major pillar of the community. He likely knows he is one of those guys that will have streets, buildings and community centers named after him. That level takes a lot of things going right to get to There is a VERY short list of people who have reached that pinnacle..and being on that list IS what results oriented coaches dream of.

If it was just a crystal trophy and a win/loss record it'd be logical that just "a new challenge" to would interest him greatly. Whether you consider ND a step up or a step down, as far as the job goes its at best a lateral move.

But for him to risk, and try to repeat everything he has accomplished here would be too much to ask IMHO

Rest well my friends, I believe we have an OU lifer.

(Im sure I will re-copy this message when--The Dallas Cowboy job opens up, Notre Dame opens up AGAIN, Florida Opens up and perhaps I may even have to do it when the Yankee job opens up ;))

badger
11/17/2009, 02:52 PM
STOP IT! NO MORE NOTRE DAME THREADS! IT'S HARD ENOUGH HAVING ONE MENTION OF NOTRE DAME ON THIS SITE! NO MORE! NO MORE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

goingoneight
11/17/2009, 02:56 PM
It's usually an agent that does the money talking. Coaches do interviews solely based on what they can do for the program. If you just transplant coaches with MNC rings, throw in millions and automatically win championships, everyone would be after every coach living or dead.

What makes a great coach look good is what he has on hand. Would Stoops succeed if the OU staff got raided by other schools? Think Steve Spurrier, Bobby Bowden and for this year's argument... Pete Caroll. Both coordinators leave, you lose all your starters, 9 on D, QB and AA Center on offense included... and all of a sudden people think you've lost your "swagger."

C&CDean
11/17/2009, 03:20 PM
For ****s sake, post this crap in one of the other ND threads. Jeeez.