PDA

View Full Version : Are we being out recruited by Mack?

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 12:08 PM
Is Texas recruiting the state of Texas better than we are the last few years ? It sure seems like it.. It is vital that we do better there if that is the case.. Opinions ?

MrJimBeam
11/17/2009, 12:16 PM
Yes. They will always recruit the state of Texas better thany we will.

Widescreen
11/17/2009, 12:19 PM
Darius White visiting there this weekend doesn't fill me with joy, that's for sure.

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 12:22 PM
Yes. They will always recruit the state of Texas better thany we will.

Hmm, They haven't always done that ya know.. So why do you assume they should ?

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 12:22 PM
Darius White visiting there this weekend doesn't fill me with joy, that's for sure.

I heard that too..

TXBOOMER
11/17/2009, 12:28 PM
texass will continue to out recruit us. Remember the story from last year about recruiting McFarland. Hot chicks, money, pot, warm weather year round etc.

MrJimBeam
11/17/2009, 12:30 PM
Hmm, They haven't always done that ya know.. So why do you assume they should ?

They probably have since Mack's been there, just haven't always showed on the field.

JLEW1818
11/17/2009, 12:30 PM
go look on the recruiting board, i posted a picture. His dad holding up a "longhorn dad" shirt

oksoonerdave
11/17/2009, 12:35 PM
Texas seems like they get most of the 5 star players from the state, but there are many that get away from them. Many of these players let it be known early that their preferences are out of state (LSU, OSU, FLA, Mizz, sometimes OU).

I'm also noticing that many of these 5 star recruits are expecting to start in their 1st year (especially if they are RB, WR, QB). If they don't get it, then it's off to another school. I don't think Stoops wants to start Freshmen (AD exception) unless he's forced into it.

TexasLidig8r
11/17/2009, 12:37 PM
And it seems like Stoops is looking outside the states of Texas and Oklahoma to fill your coffers.

Your Las Vegas connections are obviously strong.

Mack has done a good job getting commitments from the higher ranked Texas high school recruits.

But... if you look statistically at the last 7 - 8 years or so, Ou's incoming classes have generally been equal if not higher ranked than Texas' classes.

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 12:45 PM
It is a must to win the recruiting battle in Texas.. We can't have the success we want unless we do.. END OF STORY...

rawlingsHOH
11/17/2009, 12:46 PM
Is Texas recruiting the state of Texas better than we are the last few years ? It sure seems like it.. It is vital that we do better there if that is the case.. Opinions ?
8 years out of 10 they will beat us in Texas. Even the years we won, 2004 and 2008, they still beat us on most of the head-to-head battles.

They are the mighty Longhorns with the big dollar.

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 12:47 PM
8 years out of 10 they will beat us in Texas.

They are the mighty Longhorns with the big dollar.

That is NOT acceptable..

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 12:48 PM
And it seems like Stoops is looking outside the states of Texas and Oklahoma to fill your coffers.

Your Las Vegas connections are obviously strong.

Mack has done a good job getting commitments from the higher ranked Texas high school recruits.

But... if you look statistically at the last 7 - 8 years or so, Ou's incoming classes have generally been equal if not higher ranked than Texas' classes.

Vegas Strong ? What have we gotten ? Two players ? OU must beat Mack in the state of Texas..

NormanPride
11/17/2009, 12:50 PM
We're fine. We still get buttloads of talent, and we can still compete for the top 10 in Texas.

MrJimBeam
11/17/2009, 12:50 PM
OU must beat Mack in the state of Texas..

Ain't gonna happen, fire Stoops!

Frozen Sooner
11/17/2009, 12:51 PM
Vegas Strong ? What have we gotten ? Two players ? OU must beat Mack in the state of Texas..

Reynolds
Carter
Murray
Chaisson

freshchris05
11/17/2009, 12:52 PM

Chaisson, Carter, Murray, Reynolds

All proven except Chaisson and he has potential... Strong Vegas connection? I'll take it....

boomermagic
We're fine. We still get buttloads of talent, and we can still compete for the top 10 in Texas.

It is IMPERATIVE that we win the recruiting battle IN TEXAS..

freshchris05
Reynolds
Carter
Murray
Chaisson

damn... beat me to it

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 12:53 PM
Chaisson, Carter, Murray, Reynolds

All proven except Chaisson and he has potential... Strong Vegas connection? I'll take it....

Ok, 4 players..

MrJimBeam
11/17/2009, 12:56 PM

It is imperative we win the recuriting battles in OKLAHOMA!! We already lost one of those to Mack.

My Opinion Matters
11/17/2009, 01:00 PM
You guys are seriously overstating the importance of this.

MrJimBeam
11/17/2009, 01:04 PM
I don't really think it's all that important myself. You get the best from OKLA and the best you can from TEX. Go beat theirs with yours.

SoonerMavrick25
11/17/2009, 01:05 PM
Ok, 4 players..

3 Starters.. thats not bad...

Don't forget David White... he was there coach in high school. On staff now.

OUDoc
11/17/2009, 01:10 PM
They brainwash EVERYONE in the state to remain "true Texans" and go to a state school. It's the way people are in texas. It isn't going to change. If ut is decent, they will pull a majority of the players from within texas. We'll beat them with the smart ones.

Sooner in Tampa
11/17/2009, 01:11 PM
I don't really think it's all that important myself. You get the best from OKLA and the best you can from TEX. Go beat theirs with yours.
^^^^^ THIS

Simple...OUT COACH THE OTHER GUY!!!!!

StoopTroup
11/17/2009, 01:17 PM
+exas is always gonna get the tittie babies that want to stay close to Momma.

We do fine recruiting the ones that are ready to grow up and play at a real football school.

badger
11/17/2009, 01:31 PM
They now have a 100k stadium, in addition to free-flowing coffers that will never dry up to continue paying craploads for the best of everything (except coaches, lol).

The way OU can compete with Texas in recruiting is not to go after 5-star talent, but to find players that have everything to become the best players, except a lot of exposure to top talents. Texas is a big state and whorndom can't sign more than 25 per season.

As such, Texas will miss some gems out there. We need to be getting those. We already are.

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 01:59 PM
They now have a 100k stadium, in addition to free-flowing coffers that will never dry up to continue paying craploads for the best of everything (except coaches, lol).

The way OU can compete with Texas in recruiting is not to go after 5-star talent, but to find players that have everything to become the best players, except a lot of exposure to top talents. Texas is a big state and whorndom can't sign more than 25 per season.

As such, Texas will miss some gems out there. We need to be getting those. We already are.

I know they can't sign all of them but we do need to at least get our share of the really good ones.. I think maybe that is either not realized by some of our fans or they just choose to ignore it.. Do people think texas has been out coaching us the last several years ? NO !

My Opinion Matters
11/17/2009, 02:03 PM
Troll thread has troll.

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 02:04 PM

We ah haven't been beating theirs with the ones we have been getting have we ? :(

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 02:05 PM
Troll thread has troll.

Troll my ***. I'm a Sooner fan and probably have been longer than you..:P

My Opinion Matters
11/17/2009, 02:06 PM
Troll my ***. I'm a Sooner fan and probably have been longer than you..:P

Nice try.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/17/2009, 02:08 PM
They brainwash EVERYONE in the state to remain "true Texans" and go to a state school. It's the way people are in texas. It isn't going to change. If ut is decent, they will pull a majority of the players from within texas. We'll beat them with the smart ones.Even the worst coaches the whorns have had could recruit most everyone they wanted in tx. Head coach at tx is prolly the most cush job in college football.

11/17/2009, 02:12 PM
. Do people think texas has been out coaching us the last several years ? NO !the refs have been the diff in our games with tx. In close games, officiating "errors" have put the whorns in at the end.

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 02:12 PM
Nice try.

I'm not trying buddy.. I HATE texas so what is your fing point? Spell it out..

Seamus
11/17/2009, 02:14 PM
n00b thread of the year. Sissy and Egbert give it two thumbs in the brown.

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 02:16 PM
the refs have been the diff in our games with tx. In close games, officiating "errors" have put the whorns in at the end.

I know sometimes we don't get the breaks but No, I'm not buying that as being the only reason either.. Losing Reynolds in Last years game was one huge reason but we do not have more talent than Texas and we need to recruit better as well IMO..

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 02:17 PM
n00b thread of the year. Sissy and Egbert give it two thumbs in the brown.

noob thread ? Come on get real here NOOB...

Lawtonsoonerfan01
11/17/2009, 02:18 PM
This is not acceptable

oksoonerdave
11/17/2009, 02:20 PM
They brainwash EVERYONE in the state to remain "true Texans" and go to a state school. It's the way people are in texas. It isn't going to change. If ut is decent, they will pull a majority of the players from within texas. We'll beat them with the smart ones.

Yeah, we have proven that our 3 stars are better than many of their 5 stars. The reason: Our 3 stars want to play, their 5 stars expect to play.

FaninAma
11/17/2009, 02:21 PM
OU will always recruit the talent to be able to beat UT. Recruiting is not OU's problem. Up until this year the current run of UT in the RRS was due to an advantage in assistant coaching that developed after the 2004 season when UT started raiding the staffs of other successful programs.

After this season I am absolutely convinced that Venables now gets it and OU will be able to compete on an equal basis with UT again at least from the defensive side of the ball. I do think that Wilson is equal to Davis but we need to do better in this area or we will continue to have close games like this year where it comes down to who turns the ball over the most or who gets the calls from the officials.

Sasakwa
11/17/2009, 02:38 PM

No kidding, where did this come from? Haven't been following too closely but thought he was in the fold?

soonervegas
11/17/2009, 02:59 PM
How highly recruited were Colt and Shipley? I am recruiting ignorant....

freakhorn
11/17/2009, 03:11 PM
the refs have been the diff in our games with tx. In close games, officiating "errors" have put the whorns in at the end.

sounds like you need to bid higher for the refs huh?

BillyBall
11/17/2009, 03:15 PM
How highly recruited were Colt and Shipley? I am recruiting ignorant....

They were both top 20 by position in their classes.

Colt was a 3 star and the 15th rated pro-style qb and Shipley was a 4 star receiver, #18th ranked.

11/17/2009, 03:54 PM
sounds like you need to bid higher for the refs huh?We would get in trouble if we did that.

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 03:54 PM
OU will always recruit the talent to be able to beat UT. Recruiting is not OU's problem. Up until this year the current run of UT in the RRS was due to an advantage in assistant coaching that developed after the 2004 season when UT started raiding the staffs of other successful programs.

After this season I am absolutely convinced that Venables now gets it and OU will be able to compete on an equal basis with UT again at least from the defensive side of the ball. I do think that Wilson is equal to Davis but we need to do better in this area or we will continue to have close games like this year where it comes down to who turns the ball over the most or who gets the calls from the officials.

We have good talent but texas has had AT LEAST equal talent IMO.. We need to have better talent than texas we need the advantage.. If texas has had an advantage in assistant coaching then that is a credit to them and Bob needs to do some raiding of his own maybe.. Hey, We gotta do what it takes to win.. Venables has looked better this year because of his talent and experience on the defense IMO.. I don't think anyone will argue with that.. We have good coaching recruiting is the key IMO.. We gotta out recruit the other guy..

JLEW1818
11/17/2009, 03:59 PM
Sam Bradford = 3 star

Iggy = 3 star

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure what the answer is but as bear Bryant once said.. When all the preperation is done and the hay is in the barn it usually comes down to who's got the hoss and who ain't..

NorthernIowaSooner
11/17/2009, 04:05 PM
We have good talent but texas has had AT LEAST equal talent IMO.. We need to have better talent than texas we need the advantage.. If texas has had an advantage in assistant coaching then that is a credit to them and Bob needs to do some raiding of his own maybe.. Hey, We gotta do what it takes to win.. Venables has looked better this year because of his talent and experience on the defense IMO.. I don't think anyone will argue with that.. We have good coaching recruiting is the key IMO.. We gotta out recruit the other guy..

i dont think its a question of being out recruited by texas, texas just has that pull over texas kids. look at ryan broyles, we didnt recruit him nearly as hard as okie state did but when we offered he jumped at the chance to play for the childhood favorite team. thats what texas has over their guys. mack just has to offer and many will jump at the chance and never look back

the key is to win top players who dont care that texas is texas. weve got a lot of guys out of there that are top players that texas has been after and im sure we will continue to. texas has its pick of who it wants in the state of texas for the most part and take only 1-2 kids maximum from out of state every year. we will get beat as a whole in the state of texas its just something you have to work around by recruiting other states to fill our needs and coaching and development

plus not every stud 5 star high schooler turns into a good college player so its not a big deal if we get rated lower then texas in recruiting rankings

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 04:06 PM
Sam Bradford = 3 star

Iggy = 3 star

And I can't argue with those.. Good job on getting them for sure..:D

Also Broyles is a home town Okie man.. I think he is better than Iggy..

JLEW1818
11/17/2009, 04:06 PM
And I can't argue with those.. Good job on getting them for sure..:D

yah

but don't get me wrong. we need 5stars too

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 04:08 PM
i dont think its a question of being out recruited by texas, texas just has that pull over texas kids. look at ryan broyles, we didnt recruit him nearly as hard as okie state did but when we offered he jumped at the chance to play for the childhood favorite team. thats what texas has over their guys. mack just has to offer and many will jump at the chance and never look back

the key is to win top players who dont care that texas is texas. weve got a lot of guys out of there that are top players that texas has been after and im sure we will continue to. texas has its pick of who it wants in the state of texas for the most part and take only 1-2 kids maximum from out of state every year. we will get beat as a whole in the state of texas its just something you have to work around by recruiting other states to fill our needs and coaching and development

plus not every stud 5 star high schooler turns into a good college player so its not a big deal if we get rated lower then texas in recruiting rankings

I have to agree with you to a point but we can and should do better in texas..:D

MamaMia
11/17/2009, 04:10 PM
Is Texas recruiting the state of Texas better than we are the last few years ? It sure seems like it.. It is vital that we do better there if that is the case.. Opinions ?We're being out-'somethinged', thats for sure. Whatever it is, needs to stop. :mad:

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 04:11 PM
yah

but don't get me wrong. we need 5stars too

Absolutely !:D

11/17/2009, 04:20 PM
We're being out-'somethinged', thats for sure. Whatever it is, needs to stop. :mad:we're being out-whornswoggled.

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 04:32 PM
we're being out-whornswoggled.

I love it !! Thats some funny **** man...:D

ndpruitt03
11/17/2009, 04:37 PM
Our problems aren't talent. We have enough talent to beat Texas or anyone in the country. We just aren't as well coached as we were early in the decade. Our assistants aren't as good as they were from about 2000-2004 or so. And our head coach isn't the same guy he was back then.

Scott D
11/17/2009, 04:55 PM
sounds like you need to bid higher for the refs huh?

I'm all for putting the remaining SWC refs out to pasture permanently.

Jello Biafra
11/17/2009, 05:15 PM
wow. you guys are.....something.

there's so much involved.

maybe the coaches dont have the same fire they used to. maybe they do but, they have lost touch with the players to motivate them. maybe they haven't lost touch but the players they are recruiting aren't smart enough for the system. its a little bit of everything to include: back to back personal fouls and a botched INT-no call one year and lack of running game this last year. thats what the last two Whoren games boil down to.

relax you friggin moose knuckles. college football is cyclical. i will force jlew and sicem make out nekkid on campus corner at high noon if we dont win a NC game by 2012.

SoonerTank
11/17/2009, 05:17 PM
Is sicem and jlew both girls?

Jello Biafra
11/17/2009, 05:24 PM
Is sicem and jlew both girls?

well, initial reports are no but.....there is open debate.

rawlingsHOH
11/17/2009, 05:27 PM
Our problems aren't talent. We have enough talent to beat Texas or anyone in the country. We just aren't as well coached as we were early in the decade. Our assistants aren't as good as they were from about 2000-2004 or so. And our head coach isn't the same guy he was back then.
And we can beat anyone in the country, on any given Saturday.

Or are you possibly saying we have BETTER talent than any one in the country? If that is the case, you need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

TexasLidig8r
11/17/2009, 05:42 PM

Oh good Lord...

Blaming the officials... again. :rolleyes:

You got beat last year because Greg Davis outcoached Venables... made an in game adjustment when Reynolds got hurt.. Venables did not, or could not find an answer and in the 4th quarter, Texas punched your team in the nose and won going away.

This year.. again.. Venables came out with a great defensive plan to stop the 4 wide attack, but when Texas kept a running back in the game and began to run straight at OU... Venables again, couldn't find a solution.

Last year.. you had better talent.. we had the better team.
This year... your offensive line didn't have the experience (and I believe, doesn't have the talent).

Would it really kill you to actually.. oh.. I don't know.. give credit where credit is due.

rawlingsHOH
11/17/2009, 05:56 PM
Oh good Lord...

You got beat last year because Greg Davis outcoached Venables... made an in game adjustment when Reynolds got hurt.. Venables did not, or could not find an answer and in the 4th quarter, Texas punched your team in the nose and won going away.

This year.. again.. Venables came out with a great defensive plan to stop the 4 wide attack, but when Texas kept a running back in the game and began to run straight at OU... Venables again, couldn't find a solution.

This year... your offensive line didn't have the experience (and I believe, doesn't have the talent).

Would it really kill you to actually.. oh.. I don't know.. give credit where credit is due.

Changing the subject for one minute...

Can you tell me a game you felt Texas was robbed by poor officiating?

NormanPride
11/17/2009, 06:05 PM
This should be good.

cjames317
11/17/2009, 06:22 PM
Take the current states of our respective programs and place them in 2003. Think we woulda got AD? I think not.

11/17/2009, 06:56 PM

Can you tell me a game you felt Texas was robbed by poor officiating?OU gets ramrodded by the officials every yr in the whorns game, and the whorns don't want to hear about it on a Sooners' fan internet site. haha.

TexasLidig8r
11/17/2009, 07:12 PM
OU gets ramrodded by the officials every yr in the whorns game, and the whorns don't want to hear about it on a Sooners' fan internet site. haha.

Didn't Ou USED to win, no questions asked?

And when Ou lost, they didn't whine or complain or make up excuses, just acknowledged they lost and vowed to get better?

oh.. that's right..

You USED to be Oklahoma.

11/17/2009, 07:16 PM

And when Ou lost, they didn't whine or complain or make up excuses, just acknowledged they lost and vowed to get better?

oh.. that's right..

You USED to be Oklahoma.Some yrs the officials "mistakes" don't make a difference in the outcome of the game. you realize that, don't you?

NorthernIowaSooner
11/17/2009, 07:24 PM

oh.. that's right..

You USED to be Oklahoma.

the only two games id complain about the officiating is the year we got screwed in 05 in lubbock and then got screwed multiple time in 2006 at oregon. otherwise the team should be good enough to come back from questionable calls.

was robinsons interception really and interception last year in dallas? looked like it but there were other chances to stop texas and win. this year we coulda made field goals and it woulda been a different story. officials have probly goofed on some calls for texas the past couple years (maybe not as blatant and important as the two that we got screwed on) but they still manage to win. i dont like using officiating as an excuse, we should just play well enough to not have any worries about officiating

GKeeper316
11/17/2009, 07:31 PM

not really...

i still hold to my opinion that a 2-3 star guy will be better for the program than a 4-5 star guy, just because the 2-3 star guy will feel snubbed by the recruiting services and will put forth more effort and try to prove that hes a 4-5 star talent that just got overlooked.

JLEW1818
11/17/2009, 07:33 PM
like i said, Sam and Iggy came in as 3stars

BUT, u have to have 4-5 Star players

you build your team with only 2-3 star players, and I'll build mine with only 4-5 star players

I would win 9 times out of 10

ndpruitt03
11/17/2009, 07:42 PM
not really...

i still hold to my opinion that a 2-3 star guy will be better for the program than a 4-5 star guy, just because the 2-3 star guy will feel snubbed by the recruiting services and will put forth more effort and try to prove that hes a 4-5 star talent that just got overlooked.

Depends on how well coached a team is. Stars don't matter if you have good coaching. 2000 team didn't have many stars as far as recruiting goes but that was a well coached group and they believed in themselves. The regular season 03 team had that same focus till the last couple of games. And I think the talent has only gotten better since then. We've lost a lot of key coaches over the years. And we have guys that aren't coaching as well as they were even in their early years.

Kevin Wilson's basically been here since 2002 and he had the lines playing real good as units in 02, 03, 04, but since Patton has come in there have been some inconsistent lines, even though he came in highly regarded, we've had a lot of linemen make the NFL the play hasn't been consistent.

We lost Stoops on defense and the Big 12 has gotten better offenses. OSU's offenses have been better, Texas' offenses have been better, Tech's offense kept getting better. Our defensive numbers suffered. We still played well at times but they weren't dominant like they were in 00-03 or so when the Big 12 really didn't have any good offenses outside of maybe Texas. Yes we lost Bob's brother but it's not like he's had great defenses in Arizona.

Bob Stoops is a lot more comfortable and satisfied with where he is in life. He's not the eager young coach he was 10 years ago, and he probably never will be. He's still a great recruiter, and a good coach, and a good person, but he's not the "No Excuses", "Riverboat Gambler" guy that everyone thought that brought energy in the early 2000s.

If we had the same energy those guys had in the program 7 or 8 years ago we would be unbeatable even with these injuries that we've had.

adoniijahsooner
11/17/2009, 07:54 PM
There is no way to tell if you are being out recruited until you see these players develop. Who's to say that Jeffcoat and D. White are going to be better players than Justin McCay and Chuka Ndulue?

On top of all that, we beat Texas soundly when Bob Stoops was working with less talent than we have know, and I think this year will force the whole coaching staff to have a paradigm shift.

adoniijahsooner
11/17/2009, 07:59 PM

you build your team with only 2-3 star players, and I'll build mine with only 4-5 star players

So TCU is a team loaded with 4-5 star athletes? Utah beat Bama with 4-5 star athletes? Did BYU beat us with 4-5 star athletes? We must not suck the ball sac of 4-5 star athletes when good coach, disciplined, quality young men will do just fine.

JLEW1818
11/17/2009, 08:04 PM
TCU looks great, would they be undefeated in the SEC? no chance

how bout Georgia and the Hawaii game? Basically bama didn't even want to be there... same with us against Boise (bowl games are different i think)

oh and by the way

How many titles does TCU have??? how bout BYU??? how bout Utah?????? compared to the the 4-5 star schools

rawlingsHOH
11/17/2009, 08:06 PM
Kevin Wilson's basically been here since 2002 and he had the lines playing real good as units in 02, 03, 04, but since Patton has come in there have been some inconsistent lines, even though he came in highly regarded, we've had a lot of linemen make the NFL the play hasn't been consistent.

Our 2008 OL was the best of the Stoops Era, even better than 2004.

adoniijahsooner
11/17/2009, 08:22 PM
TCU looks great, would they be undefeated in the SEC? no chance

how bout Georgia and the Hawaii game? Basically bama didn't even want to be there... same with us against Boise (bowl games are different i think)

oh and by the way

How many titles does TCU have??? how bout BYU??? how bout Utah?????? compared to the the 4-5 star schools

Point made, but Jlew I just trust player development much much more than I do ratings givenout by Espn and rivals.

ashley
11/17/2009, 08:23 PM

maybe the coaches dont have the same fire they used to. maybe they do but, they have lost touch with the players to motivate them. maybe they haven't lost touch but the players they are recruiting aren't smart enough for the system. its a little bit of everything to include: back to back personal fouls and a botched INT-no call one year and lack of running game this last year. thats what the last two Whoren games boil down to.

relax you friggin moose knuckles. college football is cyclical. i will force jlew and sicem make out nekkid on campus corner at high noon if we dont win a NC game by 2012.

Good gosh almighty. You are a nut.

ashley
11/17/2009, 08:26 PM

You too.

JLEW1818
11/17/2009, 08:28 PM
Point made, but Jlew I just trust player development much much more than I do ratings givenout by Espn and rivals.

Development has been a huge key to OUr success.

gotta have some 4 and 5 stars too !

but like you said, 3 stars are good too. OU is one of the best at developing those types

- Iggy
- Trent Williams
- Sam Bradford

just off the top of my head

ashley
11/17/2009, 08:33 PM
Anyone that doesn't understand what injuries can do to a team knows very little about football.

adoniijahsooner
11/17/2009, 08:35 PM
Anyway this thread is deceptive, because we have commitment from one of the best backs in Fla and Ca, one of the top QB's in the nation in Blake Bell, and 4 star WR from Kansas in McCay. I would much rather be able to recruit nationally and @ home.

freshchris05
11/17/2009, 08:36 PM
Anyone that doesn't understand what injuries can do to a team knows very little about football.

You too.

Good gosh almighty. You are a nut.

What the **** are you talking about

MamaMia
11/17/2009, 08:41 PM

Can you tell me a game you felt Texas was robbed by poor officiating?
Not unless it was the officials fault that it was windy on their side of the field. :P

boomermagic
11/17/2009, 09:36 PM

Correct !

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2009, 10:40 PM

Don't involve me in your bizarre OU-related homoerotic traditions. ;)

GKeeper316
11/18/2009, 12:16 AM
Oh good Lord...

while i agree that last year, ya venables got outcoached and autin box wasnt prepared to step in and replace reynolds...

but this year... no way you can hang any loss this season on the d. our defensive stats are almost as good as *'s and we've played an infinately harder schedule than you stat padding phucktards. our defense this year is the best in the nation. i'll say it again. our defense this year is the best in the nation. doesnt show it in the stats, but we actually play a tough schedule while you baby **** brown cow worshiping *********s sit back with the easiest non-conference schedule and let coach yellowteef politic his way to a national championship game.

cows are so deluded i have to ask... what color is the sky in your world?

11/18/2009, 12:23 AM
while i agree that last year, ya venables got outcoached and autin box wasnt prepared to step in and replace reynolds...

but this year... no way you can hang any loss this season on the d. our defensive stats are almost as good as *'s and we've played an infinately harder schedule than you stat padding phucktards. our defense this year is the best in the nation. i'll say it again. our defense this year is the best in the nation. doesnt show it in the stats, but we actually play a tough schedule while you baby **** brown cow worshiping *********s sit back with the easiest non-conference schedule and let coach yellowteef politic his way to a national championship game.

cows are so deluded i have to ask... what color is the sky in your world?Do you hope FU kicks their orange snowball a$$es?, like 30-3?

GKeeper316
11/18/2009, 12:30 AM

i disagree...

again... preparation beats talent when talent isnt prepared.

its all about the coaching. look at notre dame. consistantly in the top 10 recruiting classes year in and year out, but suffer from poor preparation by their coaching staff to the point that they are lucky to win half their games.

JLEW1818
11/18/2009, 12:45 AM
So the team full of two and three star players would win? Yall act like just because a kid is a 5 star player he won't work hard. I once knew a guy they called AD. I think he worked hard.

BoulderSooner79
11/18/2009, 12:52 AM
jlew, I don't accept that 'Bama didn't want to be at the sugar bowl. I'm sure they had less fire than if they went to the title game, but they didn't throw in the towel. They lost 2 OLTs and had to shuffle the O-line and couldn't run anymore or protect the QB (sound familiar?).

But back on subject -- top teams have to rely on a few star players and many of them will come from 4-5 star recruits. We get our share considering our location.

starclassic tama
11/18/2009, 02:12 AM
Sam Bradford = 3 star

Iggy = 3 star

iggy was an average player according to you though so the 3 stars shouldn' have been a surprise

MrJimBeam
11/18/2009, 05:58 AM

Are you sure you're posting in the correct thread?

TexasLidig8r
11/18/2009, 09:23 AM

cows are so deluded i have to ask... what color is the sky in your world?

oh yes.. mighty Idaho State... a traditional high school powerhouse... then there was the Gus Malzahn-less Tulsa starting a first year quarterback who got beyotch slapped by SMU... oh.. let us not forget the what... 3rd place team in the Coastal Division of the mighty ACC???.. and finally.. a BYU team that got smoked at home by what .. the 4th place team in that same mighty Coastal Division.. and another non-BCS team.. TCU?

Before you go buying into the "aggy-like group think" around, go re-evaluate your non-conference schedule.

Having said all that.. there is no doubt at all that you have a very salty defense.. your front seven is very good and McCoy is a beast (see how that works.. you can actually acknowledge a rival plays quality ball without lessening your support for your own team).

rawlingsHOH
11/18/2009, 09:52 AM
oh yes.. mighty Idaho State... a traditional high school powerhouse... then there was the Gus Malzahn-less Tulsa starting a first year quarterback who got beyotch slapped by SMU... oh.. let us not forget the what... 3rd place team in the Coastal Division of the mighty ACC???.. and finally.. a BYU team that got smoked at home by what .. the 4th place team in that same mighty Coastal Division.. and another non-BCS team.. TCU?

Before you go buying into the "aggy-like group think" around, go re-evaluate your non-conference schedule.

Having said all that.. there is no doubt at all that you have a very salty defense.. your front seven is very good and McCoy is a beast (see how that works.. you can actually acknowledge a rival plays quality ball without lessening your support for your own team).

Denial isn't just a long river in Egypt.

Texas' OOC schedule has been lauaghably poor for the past 3 years. Ranked by some as the weakest in the country out of all BCS conference schools. Embarrassing. It cost you a shot at the NC last year, and you still don't get it.

OU's wasn't great in 09, but it was at least competitive.

PS - Thank your schedule maker for our Big XII title in 08 for me!

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 09:59 AM
Don't involve me in your bizarre OU-related homoerotic traditions. ;)

o cmon now....don't think noone has noticed you standing in the corner drinkin a zima and biting your lower lip ever so slightly as if you were about to say "that jlew.....yeh im goan get me some of that"

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 10:11 AM

first, if you can recall, we also started a first year qb for the tulsa game....

second, miami is every bit as powerful as your team there smokey and much like our team, is a few injuries away from being the conference champ.

third, tcu? really? why is it they are a good team every once in a while but then when they beat someone like byu and they are meh.

fourth, do you think idaho state could beat wyoming? i do.

boomermagic
11/18/2009, 10:27 AM
i disagree...

again... preparation beats talent when talent isnt prepared.

its all about the coaching. look at notre dame. consistantly in the top 10 recruiting classes year in and year out, but suffer from poor preparation by their coaching staff to the point that they are lucky to win half their games.

Excellent point.. We all know in a lot of games{especially bowl games} we have NOT been prepared to play.. If one says ANYTHING negative about Stoops here you are hung out to dry but I know and most know that We simply have not been prepared in a lot of our games the past several years going back to 04 or 05..

It is amazing to me that posters will BLAST Kevin Wilson but not blame any of it on the guy who is responsible Bob Stoops.. I have seen that deer in the headlight look on Bob's face when he has no idea what to do next and I'm sure you have too if you were paying attention..
Bob is a good coach but he does need to earn his millions no doubt.. Blast me but I'm right..

TexasLidig8r
11/18/2009, 12:15 PM
second, miami is every bit as powerful as your team there smokey and much like our team, is a few injuries away from being the conference champ.

fourth, do you think idaho state could beat wyoming? i do.

Congratulations..

the coaches... and Harris Poll voters.. and AP voters.. and BCS Computers.. and fans and alums of every university in the United States.. and anyone who follows college football...

All disagree with your "sage" like statement that a multiple loss Miami is as "powerful" as Texas. You must have flushed your credibility down the toilet this morning.

As for Idaho State... that same Idaho State team that is currently 1 - 10? Beating 5 -5 Wyoming? uh...

Perhaps you should stick with self-flagellation. :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
11/18/2009, 12:19 PM
iggy was an average player according to you though so the 3 stars shouldn' have been a surprise

I'll admit, i thought he was an average WR. I was dead wrong. That kid did come in as a 3 star and left as a 5 star. I said this after the BYU game on here. He did the little things.

OUmillenium
11/18/2009, 12:36 PM
Do you hope FU kicks their orange snowball a$$es?, like 30-3?

No, but I do expect Alabama to hammer the whorns.

TexasLidig8r
11/18/2009, 01:19 PM
No, but I do expect Alabama to hammer the whorns.

How so? Are they going to discover a passing game all of a sudden?

Widescreen
11/18/2009, 01:41 PM
Maybe because in watching both teams multiple times, it's pretty clear Bama is way better than Texas.

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 01:51 PM
Congratulations..

the coaches... and Harris Poll voters.. and AP voters.. and BCS Computers.. and fans and alums of every university in the United States.. and anyone who follows college football...

All disagree with your "sage" like statement that a multiple loss Miami is as "powerful" as Texas. You must have flushed your credibility down the toilet this morning.

As for Idaho State... that same Idaho State team that is currently 1 - 10? Beating 5 -5 Wyoming? uh...

Perhaps you should stick with self-flagellation. :rolleyes:

like any of the above with the exception OF OU followers would know right? I mean, we have played both of you and both of you were one play from losing. sounds pretty even to me.
facts are, two years ago, you dont have back to back personal fouls (yeh right. bullshiite) on travis lewis, that drive does not continue and we get the ball back to step on your throat. the ref actually makes the right call and gives us the int in the endzone, we take posession and step on your throats. 10 points that were direct results of your referees being part of the game not being part of the field.

as far as idaho state, do you know a phucking thing about idaho state other than they played us in the 2nd game of the season? how bout wyoming? do you know anything about their opponents?

what about the rest of the games? the points i made about tulsa, BYU any thing?

you bore me. do us all a favor and go play a nice quiet game of hide-n-go phuck yerself.

11/18/2009, 02:24 PM
like any of the above with the exception OF OU followers would know right? I mean, we have played both of you and both of you were one play from losing. sounds pretty even to me.
facts are, two years ago, you dont have back to back personal fouls (yeh right. bullshiite) on travis lewis, that drive does not continue and we get the ball back to step on your throat. the ref actually makes the right call and gives us the int in the endzone, we take posession and step on your throats. 10 points that were direct results of your referees being part of the game not being part of the field.

as far as idaho state, do you know a phucking thing about idaho state other than they played us in the 2nd game of the season? how bout wyoming? do you know anything about their opponents?

you bore me. do us all a favor and go play a nice quiet game of hide-n-go phuck yerself.A most admirable post. Lid, stick with the political stuff. You're pretty good there, for an effing lawyer.

TexasLidig8r
11/18/2009, 04:36 PM

oh wah wah wah.. the referees screwed us.. oh. .the sun was in our eyes.. wah wah wah.. If this would have happened.. and that would have happened.. "IF IF IF" the rallying call of Loserville.. Population .. You.

As a matter of fact I do Skippy.. that's why I put Idaho State was 1 - 10 with their only win coming last weekend and they lost to just about every directional school in the states of Washington and Arizona. Same for Wyoming... remember.... I put the 5 -5 record in there??? Are you sure you rememberd to wear your helmet on every play?

Oh. the same Tulsa.. once again.. that lost to SMU.. that lost to UTEP.. that is without Gus Malzahn... THAT Tulsa???

And BYU.. the same BYU that lost at home.. to a horrible Florida State team and got crushed. .at home.. by TCU?

you bore me. do us all a favor and go play a nice quiet game of hide-n-go phuck yerself.

Your lack of eloquence is only exceeded by your parochial reading and comprehension skills.

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 04:45 PM
Your lack of eloquence is only exceeded by your parochial reading and comprehension skills.

says the dipshiite that apparently has nothing better to do than steal old ladies' inheritances and banter with people about that worthless school of his.

ok what about playing both schools? anything? i will hammer you like jane fonda screwing the entire NVA back in the NAM if you guys lose your bowl game this year you short, fat, milk toast looking, thong wearin, strap-on licking little midget. you'd better pray it doesnt happen.

11/18/2009, 04:51 PM
says the dipshiite that apparently has nothing better to do than steal old ladies' inheritances and banter with people about that worthless school of his.

ok what about playing both schools? anything? i will hammer you like jane fonda screwing the entire NVA back in the NAM if you guys lose your bowl game this year you short, fat, milk toast looking, thong wearin, strap-on licking little midget. you'd better pray it doesnt happen.The FU will make the whorns squeal like little brokeback aggies at a Home for Battered Ewes.

TexasLidig8r
11/18/2009, 05:37 PM

ok what about playing both schools? anything? i will hammer you like jane fonda screwing the entire NVA back in the NAM if you guys lose your bowl game this year you short, fat, milk toast looking, thong wearin, strap-on licking little midget. you'd better pray it doesnt happen.

You have much more experience with dealing with the sting.. the heartache.. the humiliation... the agony of losing bowl games.

In fact.. when was the last time you won a bowl game? Was Reagan in the White House?

And... it must be horrible.. the bane of your very existence.. to have to live vicariously through others... perhaps someone else can do what you have not been able to.

You sound more and more like Okie Lite every day.

Tragic... you don't have my scorn... you don't have my vitriole... you are merely an internet presence to be pitied. Alas.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/18/2009, 05:39 PM
it may be my misguided memory but i used to remember you being a better troll than this...

11/18/2009, 05:42 PM
it may be my misguided memory but i used to remember you being a better troll than this...In what way(s) was he better? Was he a bit more humble when we beat the beloved whorns every yr.?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/18/2009, 06:13 PM
no, he was just much better at reeling them in and keeping people's attention. his arguments have always been moody, based on win/loss in the shootout, but there was a certain eloquence about them that you could appreciate. now, they border just this side of coherent and read like lindsay lohan rewriting war and peace from memory.

11/18/2009, 06:26 PM
no, he was just much better at reeling them in and keeping people's attention. his arguments have always been moody, based on win/loss in the shootout, but there was a certain eloquence about them that you could appreciate. now, they border just this side of coherent and read like lindsay lohan rewriting war and peace from memory.Well, he IS a loyer, and a whorn. He'll(hopefully) get better after FU puts 'em down.

cjames317
11/18/2009, 06:33 PM
The FU will make the whorns squeal like little brokeback aggies at a Home for Battered Ewes.

It will be interesting to see Tebus swat Muschamp's corner blitzes like pesky mosquitoes. Colt's gonna lay it on the line and probably run when he shouldn't, right into Spikes' kill zone.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/18/2009, 06:37 PM
Well, he IS a loyer, and a whorn. He'll(hopefully) get better after FU puts 'em down.

i think they have a good shot against florida. florida isn't as good as they were last year when we should have beaten them.

11/18/2009, 06:42 PM
i think they have a good shot against florida. florida isn't as good as they were last year when we should have beaten them.I don't think tx has had any opposition except the Sooners. FU is used to playing tough teams. I agree that they aren't as good as last yr, but are good enough to go all the way. (I hope, anyway)

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 07:36 PM
what tha

Jello Biafra
11/18/2009, 07:39 PM
You have much more experience with dealing with the sting.. the heartache.. the humiliation... the agony of losing bowl games.

In fact.. when was the last time you won a bowl game? Was Reagan in the White House?

And... it must be horrible.. the bane of your very existence.. to have to live vicariously through others... perhaps someone else can do what you have not been able to.

You sound more and more like Okie Lite every day.

Tragic... you don't have my scorn... you don't have my vitriole... you are merely an internet presence to be pitied. Alas.

tell ya what shiitbag, put your money where your mouth is. i want to rid this board of your presence, you want to make us all look like stupid asses...

for your bowl game, make me a bet. your fagtag gang loses, you get banned by ip address for a year. you win, i leave until jan 1, 2011...

cmon dude. sack up. you've got nothing to lose anyway. with a dick that small, there aint no wimmin on here thats gonna let ya hit it anyway. unnnnnless....of course, ive always thought you were here for the slightly built house mouse type men that hang out round these parts anyway.

47straight
11/18/2009, 10:24 PM

Dude, I KNOW you DID NOT just put down Tulsa.

BHud
11/19/2009, 11:46 AM

Oh?! You've lost two in a row, and 4 out of 5 because of the refs? Who let you escape TexAgs???

Jello Biafra
11/19/2009, 12:02 PM
Oh?! You've lost two in a row, and 4 out of 5 because of the refs? Who let you escape TexAgs???

sounds like you need to climb back in that bottle.

11/19/2009, 12:26 PM
Oh?! You've lost two in a row, and 4 out of 5 because of the refs? Who let you escape TexAgs??? What good's a conversation without some bovine brain farts?

BHud
11/19/2009, 12:44 PM
sounds like you need to climb back in that bottle.

And it sounds like you're having a hard time dealing with the fact that Big Game Bob hasn't won a BCS bowl game since prior to the 2nd Gulf War.

JLEW1818
11/19/2009, 12:47 PM
and Mack Brown has won his conference just once in 25 years as a head coach

TJKDone
11/19/2009, 12:48 PM

Nah our coaching has just become superior:D

Hook'em

BHud
11/19/2009, 01:13 PM

Yet has just as many MNCs as "Big Game Bob."

Jello Biafra
11/19/2009, 01:14 PM
And it sounds like you're having a hard time dealing with the fact that Big Game Bob hasn't won a BCS bowl game since prior to the 2nd Gulf War.

really? im having a hard time? neh not really. as long as he's at the helm, we won't have an issue getting to the game. remember, we've lost more bcs TITLE games than your team has won big XII titles.

we're better than you. period. *glub glub* drink up there sparky.

TJKDone
11/19/2009, 01:50 PM
really? im having a hard time? neh not really. as long as he's at the helm, we won't have an issue getting to the game. remember, we've lost more bcs TITLE games than your team has won big XII titles.

we're better than you. period. *glub glub* drink up there sparky.

That is what we need Jello. Keep things the same currently...Coaching, recruiting, etc.

Betcha you know that things have changed though. You've got a couple more seasons to smack...if Stoops stays.

Hook'em

picasso
11/19/2009, 02:00 PM

Hard to argue that one but you need to show some respect for Stoops' making your program better.
Just enjoy your little run, we all know the series is about to turn as per it's history.

JLEW1818
11/19/2009, 03:36 PM
but Bhud honestly, Mack only being the best team in his conference 1 year in 25 years as a head coach? lol ... come on now

Stoops had accomplished more than Mack in just 2 years as a head coach

lol seriously think about that

look at Stoops first 2 years as a coach

now look at Mack Browns career as a coach

similar

BUT WAIT!!! BCS runner-up bowls are the only thing that matter!!!! but lets fly airplanes when the "BCS" (the only thing that matters) puts OU in over texas

Jello Biafra
11/19/2009, 03:55 PM
That is what we need Jello. Keep things the same currently...Coaching, recruiting, etc.

Betcha you know that things have changed though. You've got a couple more seasons to smack...if Stoops stays.

Hook'em

yeh. keep thinking that the reason you won the last two games was because your "better athletes" were better coached than us. no matter what we say to you dooshpickles, you will never agree (openly) with us so it doesn't matter.
last years game came down to injuries. period. you can't just replace 2 1st round draft picks and a plethora of 2nd day guys (because of injury) and expect to win in dallas. just too much to overcome... too many corndog vendors, too many fat bishes with florence jean castlberry hairdos, too many tow truck operators out there towing anything that has oklahoma tags on it, too many hookers tiying people up and leaving them for dead in back alleys, too many refs on the payroll at texas.

just keep telling yourself "we are texas. we're better than everyone else." see where that land ole yeller teef in the next couple of years.

adoniijahsooner
11/19/2009, 05:45 PM
Found this picture on another board. It's Kenny Stills and Chris Martin. The article at the bottom shows we are doing a pretty good job of recruiting.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs055.snc3/14253_206104505279_713045279_4511440_7505368_n.jpg

Stills impressed with Oklahoma visit

Monday, November 16, 2009 | Print Entry

Posted by Greg Biggins

It was a fairly quiet week on the official visit front out West. One player who did hit the road was wide receiver Kenny Stills (San Diego, Calif./LaCosta Canyon) who checked out Oklahoma.

Stills has already visited Tennessee, so the trip to Norman was his second visit of the year.

"Man I loved that place, I had a great time," Stills said. "I know some players I was talking with before the visit were saying there isn't much to do in Norman, but it's a lot better than everyone imagines. I would have no problem spending the next four years of my life there and I was very comfortable with everything about the place.

"The environment was great and I loved the people. Everyone I met, from the players, the coaches, the teachers and the fans were all great to be with. Everyone was down to earth and real and I liked that. The offense is explosive and they know how to put it down on people. They spread the ball around and if you're a receiver, how can you not be excited to play in that style of offense?"

Prior to the visit, Stills said Florida was a slight leader, but the Sooners are right at the top as well.

"This just keeps getting harder and harder," Stills said. "Oklahoma did a great job and gave me a lot to think about. I know I'm blessed to have these options so I'm grateful for that but at the same time, this is going to be such a tough call.

"I have my visit to Michigan this coming weekend and then Florida the following weekend. I'll revaluate after that and see about taking a fifth visit or not."

TJKDone
11/20/2009, 02:45 AM
yeh. keep thinking that the reason you won the last two games was because your "better athletes" were better coached than us. no matter what we say to you dooshpickles, you will never agree (openly) with us so it doesn't matter.
last years game came down to injuries. period. you can't just replace 2 1st round draft picks and a plethora of 2nd day guys (because of injury) and expect to win in dallas. just too much to overcome... too many corndog vendors, too many fat bishes with florence jean castlberry hairdos, too many tow truck operators out there towing anything that has oklahoma tags on it, too many hookers tiying people up and leaving them for dead in back alleys, too many refs on the payroll at texas.

just keep telling yourself "we are texas. we're better than everyone else." see where that land ole yeller teef in the next couple of years.

Interesting how you talk about this past years game and injuries, not mentioning our own. Not even talking about the year before last when the Greatest College offense of all time was taken down by the Big 12's most inexperienced secondary.

I've already said it and it sounds like you are in agreement. Lets keep things as they are currently. I think that will work out best for us and you don't. Only time will tell who is right:D

Hook'em

TJKDone
11/20/2009, 03:28 AM
Found this picture on another board. It's Kenny Stills and Chris Martin. The article at the bottom shows we are doing a pretty good job of recruiting.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs055.snc3/14253_206104505279_713045279_4511440_7505368_n.jpg

Hey you are right. Here is a look at the facts (according to Rivals which I've seen most Sonnerfans posters decry as biased toward UT):

From 2003 - 2008

OU has had an average recruiting class ranking of 7
UT has had an average recruiting class ranking of 12

This years class of Seniors for UT was ranked the 20th best class, with OU's ranking as 3.

UT has not been higher than 5 in the Recruting class rankings during that span, never getting close to the big boys like OU, FL, USC, etc...

You aren't just doing "pretty well," you are better than UT in recruiting. The facts support you.

Hook'em

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2009, 04:41 AM
Yep...The only thing Mack really does better than Stoops is sport the yellerteef.

11/20/2009, 10:52 AM
Take off the crimson glasses. The last time Coach Stoops out-recruited Coach Brown was when he picked up commits from Bomar and Peterson. Since then, it has been all Texas. I am wondering if you still disagree after Darius White and Jackson Jeffcoat commit to Texas.

That said, OU has done VERY well with their recruiting. This year's class is a VERY good one. I am excited for OU that they have such a great O-Line class coming in. I enjoy OU being awesome because it makes the October game more fun to be at.

I am curious if most OU recruiting followers covet JJ and DW as much as the Texas fans.

Jello Biafra
11/20/2009, 12:06 PM
Take off the crimson glasses. The last time Coach Stoops out-recruited Coach Brown was when he picked up commits from Bomar and Peterson. Since then, it has been all Texas. I am wondering if you still disagree after Darius White and Jackson Jeffcoat commit to Texas.

That said, OU has done VERY well with their recruiting. This year's class is a VERY good one. I am excited for OU that they have such a great O-Line class coming in. I enjoy OU being awesome because it makes the October game more fun to be at.

I am curious if most OU recruiting followers covet JJ and DW as much as the Texas fans.

1st, (just off the top of my head)i remember a HIGHLY recruited DT out of texas last year that you guys went to great lengths to recruit....i aint buying your bullshiit!

2nd, who fuggin asked ya?

you're like the fat kid with taped glasses who is always picked last for dodgeball. go hump a seesaw.

11/20/2009, 12:15 PM
1st, (just off the top of my head)i remember a HIGHLY recruited DT out of texas last year that you guys went to great lengths to recruit....i aint buying your bullshiit!

2nd, who fuggin asked ya?

you're like the fat kid with taped glasses who is always picked last for dodgeball. go hump a seesaw.

haha. What an awesome reply. I appreciate it. I suppose that answers how you will feel about losing DW and JJ to Mack.

I will now withdraw and go crawl back under my 10-0 rock. FYI, Mack would NEVER allow one of his teams to finish 7-5 which OU will be after they lose another bowl game. You are right, Mack isn't out-recruiting Mike's little sis.. Crap, Maybe Mack is just that much better a coach than Mike's sis.

JLEW1818
11/20/2009, 12:19 PM

not true. what about the 2008 class? Calhoun, Good, Washington. Top 3 players in texas. All 5 star players. the 2008 texas class had ZERO 5 star players.

http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?year=2008&sport=1
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?sport=1&school=57&year=2008#page1 (see 2008)

Jello Biafra
11/20/2009, 12:23 PM
haha. What an awesome reply. I appreciate it. I suppose that answers how you will feel about losing DW and JJ to Mack.

I will now withdraw and go crawl back under my 10-0 rock. FYI, Mack would NEVER allow one of his teams to finish 7-5 which OU will be after they lose another bowl game. You are right, Mack isn't out-recruiting Mike's little sis.. Crap, Maybe Mack is just that much better a coach than Mike's sis.

well, from the very little ive heard about it, i wouldn't count on getting jeffcoat. how many dends have we put in the nfl in the last 10 years? whos his dad? you can believe that his dad knows who puts them in the nfl and who doesnt.

11/20/2009, 01:45 PM

I will now withdraw and go crawl back under my 10-0 rock. FYI, Mack would NEVER allow one of his teams to finish 7-5 which OU will be after they lose another bowl game. You are right, Mack isn't out-recruiting Mike's little sis.. Crap, Maybe Mack is just that much better a coach than Mike's sis.Overall, you guys recruit better than we do. Any HC for the whorns has recruited well, because lots of in-state kids wnat to go there. Not a skillfull sell. Mack is a fair coach, but certainly not top tier. You guys get points from the refs, and YOU KNOW IT! I don't know how it happens, of course, but you know it does. Good luck cleaning up your act haha. FU-UT.

mightysooner
11/20/2009, 01:56 PM
Of course we get out recruited by Texas IN Texas. That's pretty tough sledding going up against the home team. I'd like to see us expand our recruiting nationally and not just focus on Texas. I'd love to make inroads into California and get some of those kids to come here. If Boise State can recruit in Cali, we definitely should be able to recruit there.

OUDoc
11/20/2009, 01:58 PM

Yeah, Stoops is an idiot for allowing those injuries to our starters. I don't know what he was thinking.

11/20/2009, 03:44 PM
not true. what about the 2008 class? Calhoun, Good, Washington. Top 3 players in texas. All 5 star players. the 2008 texas class had ZERO 5 star players.

http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?year=2008&sport=1
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?sport=1&school=57&year=2008#page1 (see 2008)

I apologize for my wreck-less post. I agree with this.

Collier11
11/20/2009, 04:00 PM

and thats the fact that all texas fans, even LID choose to ignore, ive never once got a good reply when they try to act like Mack is a better coach and I bring that up

Jello Biafra
11/20/2009, 04:11 PM
and thats the fact that all texas fans, even LID choose to ignore, ive never once got a good reply when they try to act like Mack is a better coach and I bring that up

how bout all that jumping off of tall water fountains that most of these faggs were talking after bob went 5-1 on them? man they couldnt throw enough of thier coaching staff under the wheels of that bus.

picasso
11/20/2009, 06:11 PM

This is just stupid. Texas would be very average if you lost Colt and Shipley in the first week of the season.

Collier11
11/20/2009, 08:01 PM
1981 has proven to be just stupid quite a bit ;)

TexasLidig8r
11/21/2009, 11:51 AM

No, it has not been ignored. I have been very open with saying that that is a huge hole in his resume. Just as Ou's now infamous and long standing failure in bowl games is a huge hole in Stoops resume.

When you say, "Mack is a better coach," with whom are you comparing?

And by coach do you mean Xs and Ox coach.. or manager of the game... or recruiter... or bringing in coordinators.. what aspect?

Looking at Texas' record over the last decade though, anyone who says Mack is not an elite coach either doesn't know football or cannot get past his crimson colored glasses.

Collier11
11/21/2009, 12:01 PM
ive never said he isnt

BHud
11/21/2009, 03:05 PM

And for all those conference championships, how many MNCs did those pan out to? Stoops and Mack have the same amount of MNCs, but Mack has been out-recruiting Stoops, has beat him back to back, and 4 of the last 5 games. There is no question as to who the better coach is over the last few years.

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 03:39 PM
There is no question as to who the better coach is over the last few years.

The guy with the most Conference Championships?

Is that a trick question?

Uncle Ernie
11/21/2009, 05:21 PM
No, it has not been ignored. I have been very open with saying that that is a huge hole in his resume. Just as Ou's now infamous and long standing failure in bowl games is a huge hole in Stoops resume.

When you say, "Mack is a better coach," with whom are you comparing?

And by coach do you mean Xs and Ox coach.. or manager of the game... or recruiter... or bringing in coordinators.. what aspect?

Looking at Texas' record over the last decade though, anyone who says Mack is not an elite coach either doesn't know football or cannot get past his crimson colored glasses.

Please scan and attach your law school sheepskin. How the f@ck does a lawyer find time to hang on an opponent's board for 8,000 posts? Are you a corporate guy or the Kahuna of a big firm and you get your toadies to do your work? Have you ever posted on whorns.com? WHere were you at 8 o'clock on February the third 1999? Sorry. I just read all eight pages of this thread and I'm d-d-d-dizzy.

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 05:23 PM
He's got a laptop in his whornbulance.

BHud
11/21/2009, 05:52 PM
The guy with the most Conference Championships?

Is that a trick question?

Mack owns Bob. Over the last 5 years, he's 4-1 against Stoops, with a MNC to trump any Conf Champ Big Game Bob may have won, or been given. 2-0 in BCS games, and back to back RRS wins. Seems pretty clear.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/21/2009, 06:29 PM
Mack owns Bob. Over the last 5 years, he's 4-1 against Stoops, with a MNC to trump any Conf Champ Big Game Bob may have won, or been given. 2-0 in BCS games, and back to back RRS wins. Seems pretty clear.

Really? I thought you whorns like to talk about series record.

Bob - 6
Mack - 5

Conference Championships

Bob - 6
Mack - 1

Seems pretty clear.

MALE918
11/21/2009, 09:28 PM

So do you. your non-cof last year was a joke. As far as this year goes.
Miami > ucf, wyoming, ulm, and utep.
byu > wyoming, ulm and utep
tulsa > ulm and wyoming
idaho state > ulm

Your team doesn't have anyone better than miami and only 1 better than byu and that's close. you don't even break even until our 3rd rated ooc team at tulsa. then finally our weakest link ooc team is still better than your weakest ooc team.

Yes our ooc schedule is tougher but still this year your team is better than ours and at least improving