PDA

View Full Version : This kid is averaging...

the_ouskull
11/17/2009, 12:43 AM
...51 points per game, and we didn't even RECRUIT him?

FIRE CALVIN SIMPSON!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=41319

the_ouskull

Editors Note: If you view this thread (or, more specifically, that link) after Tuesday, it may not be as funny...

kevpks
11/17/2009, 08:49 AM
We need to fire the Verdigris, OK recruiting team immediately. How could they have missed this kid?

stoopified
11/17/2009, 09:33 AM
My understanding is that we did recruit Clarke and the other small-town scoring machine Keiton Page(osu).The story I heard is WW committed to us and Paige and Clarke backed away form OU becuse they claimed WW was a selfish ballhog.Funny thing is WW has been a consummate team player and at times too unselfish.IMHO based on comments I heard and read I think Clarke and Page were intimidated by the higher profile WW.

In the end would you rather have WW or Clarke?It is a no-brainer for me.Lets see how long he can go and still have an average at 20+ points a game,I'm betting not long.

badger
11/17/2009, 09:59 AM
When I watched WW last season, it's like he knew Rotnei aned Keiton called him a selfish ballhog, so he wanted to prove to them and everyone else that he wasn't a selfish ballhog and went out of his way to pass as much as possible to not be tagged with the moniker of selfish ballhog.

What a selfless baller. :D

And yes, I think it was pretty much a given that Keiton was too short for OU, so OSU would be perfect for him, where he would still be taller than one person (Travis Ford), and Rotnei I think was set on SEC ballin from the the beginning, or staying in the Tulsa area. His daddy even got a job at ORU... which eliminated TU from his recruiting list. LOL :rolleyes:

OUbasketball4life
11/17/2009, 10:39 AM
I think we did recruit Rotnei but it was something about Rotnei not being to fond on WW, If I remember correctly but not sure. If Cade finds his stroke this year it makes things even out. Yes, it would have been nice to have Rotnei but he would be coming off the bench at OU and at Arkansas he's starting and he has the green light to light it up. I'm always supportive of OK kids so I wish him the best, except 12/2 when they come to Norman.

NormanPride
11/17/2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah, we had no shot at either of these kids.

Collier11
11/17/2009, 12:08 PM
We did recruit Rotnei, he didnt want to play with WW. Word is he didnt like him from the AAU days

badger
11/17/2009, 12:23 PM
We did recruit Rotnei, he didnt want to play with WW. Word is he didnt like him from the AAU days

One is a top candidate for player of the year, the other looks like he put on some bad weight:
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics21/400/US/USOEYWVWTEFAOFA.20091114213936.jpg

Maybe it's just a bad photo? Or maybe, he is the next Eating Eaton ;)

the_ouskull
11/17/2009, 02:55 PM
We need to fire the Verdigris, OK recruiting team immediately. How could they have missed this kid?

My guess is that they were scouting another player from Verdigris and just missed him. D*mn it!

the_ouskull

stoopified
11/18/2009, 09:32 AM
Clarkes average took a bit of a hit as Louisville held him down slightly below his average ,about 35 points down.Thanks to Clarke's meager 16 point effort Arkansas lost a close one, 96-66.

badger
11/18/2009, 09:38 AM
Clarkes average took a bit of a hit as Louisville held him down slightly below his average ,about 35 points down.Thanks to Clarke's meager 16 point effort Arkansas lost a close one, 96-66.

So, you mean Clarke can't hit as many three's when he's shooting them against the equivalent of a high school team? ;)

stoopified
11/18/2009, 09:54 AM
So, you mean Clarke can't hit as many three's when he's shooting them against the equivalent of a high school team? ;)Well the Alcorn State team that he ung 51 on was drilled 82-66 by Lousiana -Monroe.Yeah,the same team we beat last night.

CobraKai
11/18/2009, 10:36 AM
We definitely DID have a shot at Rotnei. He is named after former OU great Rotnei Anderson, and was raised on OU fan. At one point in his recruitment he and WW were considered a package deal. Apparently they had a significant "falling out" at some point, and basically we had the choice to take one or the other, but not both. Taking Rotnei means we do not get WW. I think we made the right call.

stoopified
11/18/2009, 11:12 AM
We definitely DID have a shot at Rotnei. He is named after former OU great Rotnei Anderson, and was raised on OU fan. At one point in his recruitment he and WW were considered a package deal. Apparently they had a significant "falling out" at some point, and basically we had the choice to take one or the other, but not both. Taking Rotnei means we do not get WW. I think we made the right call.Me too.

stoopified
11/18/2009, 11:30 AM
We definitely DID have a shot at Rotnei. He is named after former OU great Rotnei Anderson, and was raised on OU fan. At one point in his recruitment he and WW were considered a package deal. Apparently they had a significant "falling out" at some point, and basically we had the choice to take one or the other, but not both. Taking Rotnei means we do not get WW. I think we made the right call.DDP

the_ouskull
11/18/2009, 06:46 PM
If any of you think my original post was serious, then you can play a game of skip and go f*ck yourself.

I mean, serious on Orange Power, maybe. :D

Sh*t, I can see it now... "He's already averaging 50 a game. How many will it be by the time the Gooners git here? YEE-HAW!" I'm glad he went to Arkansas. Didn't OSU get the other white guy that was good in Oklahoma that year?

the_ouskull

stoopified
11/18/2009, 09:56 PM
If any of you think my original post was serious, then you can play a game of skip and go f*ck yourself.

I mean, serious on Orange Power, maybe. :D

Sh*t, I can see it now... "He's already averaging 50 a game. How many will it be by the time the Gooners git here? YEE-HAW!" I'm glad he went to Arkansas. Didn't OSU get the other white guy that was good in Oklahoma that year?

the_ouskullKeiton Page Pawnnee,good shooter,defensive liability.

badger
11/19/2009, 09:39 AM
Keiton Page Pawnnee,good shooter,defensive liability.

Maybe he'll start slapping the floor to show his defensive intensity a la Greg Paulus :D

(of course, Paulus sucked on defense too)

Collier11
11/19/2009, 10:02 AM
wojofrujalewskichowski started that, not Paulas...just sayin ;)

kbsooner21
11/19/2009, 11:41 AM
wojofrujalewskichowski started that, not Paulas...just sayin ;)

And that dude played some mean D

Collier11
11/19/2009, 11:43 AM
he WAS natl def player of the year I believe