PDA

View Full Version : Prepaid Legal?

yermom
11/16/2009, 04:23 PM
anyone ever use it? would it be worth like $10 a month?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2009, 04:24 PM
I've got it at work, mostly for doing the will stuff...Im about to drop it though....

Oldnslo
11/16/2009, 05:20 PM
There was a moment or so when I created Legalguard, which was going to be a competitor to Prepaid. See, I analyzed their contract and saw that it was... well, let's just say it was easy to come up with a better idea.

Just couldn't ever get a sales staff going. Prepaid started as multi-level marketing. I tried to start with independent agents.

My bad. I still have some cards somewhere.

Anyway. I'd just put $10/mo aside for whatever emergency you have in mind.

FaninAma
11/16/2009, 05:21 PM
anyone ever use it? would it be worth like $10 a month?

I used them for my will and trust. They also saved me some money on a speeding ticket. They will do some review of simple legal issues but if it involves review of contracts or appearing before a judge they refer you out, albeit at a discounted rate.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 05:22 PM
Heh. The nasty word check got you. diso****ed. Heh.

AlbqSooner
11/16/2009, 05:23 PM
When I practiced in Oklahoma I had some people bring it to me. I told them to keep the card because everything that card offered I did for free anyway. A half hour consultation? If I did that and could not offer you any help, I never charged. Lots of lawyers don't. If I could help you, I didn't bill for the initial consultation. Lots of lawyers don't.
Go through the policy and you will find that it does not provide much of anything that many lawyers will give you for free with or without the card.

yermom
11/16/2009, 05:28 PM
There was a moment or so when I created Legalguard, which was going to be a competitor to Prepaid. See, I analyzed their contract and saw that it was... well, let's just say it was easy to come up with a better idea.

Just couldn't ever get a sales staff going. Prepaid started as multi-level marketing. I tried to start with independent agents.

My bad. I still have some cards somewhere.

Anyway. I'd just put $10/mo aside for whatever emergency you have in mind.

this is "Legal Resources" through my employer's benefits package

http://www.legalresourcesplan.com/covered_services/index.cfm

they said they'd cover my first DUI ;)

Condescending Sooner
11/16/2009, 05:59 PM
Pre-paid has a long history of financial and legal issues. I wouldn't trust them to actually be around when you needed them.