PDA

View Full Version : Pukes hoping for 45k on Thursday Nite

SunnySooner
11/16/2009, 03:53 PM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=82150

I am embarrased for them. #12, prime time, national coverage...pitiful.
[hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel]

badger
11/16/2009, 04:07 PM
I doubt that people would take the effort to buy season tickets if they weren't going to use them. If OSU needs any motivation, here goes: You're never going to ranked this high under Gundy ever again. Make the most of it now.

NormanPride
11/16/2009, 04:13 PM
No kidding. Next year they're REALLY going to suck.

rawlingsHOH
11/16/2009, 04:19 PM
I guess I don't like the fact they will have 2 extra days off. I didn't realize they played Thur.

badger
11/17/2009, 10:02 AM
I guess I don't like the fact they will have 2 extra days off. I didn't realize they played Thur.

Ja, but it's a bad time for their QB to get a concussion, no?

StoopTroup
11/17/2009, 11:46 AM

Two extra days isn't going to make them good enough or healthy enough to walk into Norman and beat our Defense.

Jello Biafra
11/17/2009, 11:51 AM
its not like colorado isnt capable of making a few blitzes work for them. all it will take is one well timed hit and we win by 75.

badger
11/17/2009, 12:03 PM
Dan Hawkins during preseason: 10 wins and no excuses!

Colorado since then: 10 wins?! No, EXCUSES!!!!!!

MrJimBeam
11/17/2009, 12:26 PM
OSU HAV THE GRATEST FANS EVAR!!! THAY LOV THIER SCHOOL MOR THAN ANYBODY IN THE COUNTRY WORLD!!! EXTRA LARGE MATRISSESSS. COME TO THE GAME DAMMMMIT!!![hairGel] :eddie: succs :stunned:

badger
11/17/2009, 12:41 PM
Does this thread mean the trash talking starts a week early? Oh, all right then, here goes:

Your new stadium has so many more fans and is so much more expensive than the previous one. Alas, you've already doubled your home loss total from last season... when your only home loss was to OU.

You might poke (snicker snicker) fun at OU for our four losses. Yes, we agree that we have four losses this season. However, they are all on the road and we remain undefeated at home. Guess where our upcoming Bedl@m battle is!

We are really quite happy for you, as a sister school institution in our great state. However, we must insist that you realize how very unimpressive we find your season thus far, even if the pollsters find you fit to be ranked. Who, exactly, have you beaten?

You may point out that our wins are not very impressive either. Fair enough. However, we are happy to say that when we face an opponent, we act like we actually belong in the game. What's with these double-digit losses? How incredibly unheard of! 10 point loss to Houston at home?! 27 point loss to Texas at home?

And yes, we applaud your ability to score more points against Texas than us, we really do. However, your most powerful offense in the universe is about to encounter the most powerful defense in the universe.

In short, you lose.

StoopTroup
11/17/2009, 01:31 PM
Good luck aggie....

You're gonna need it.

badger
11/17/2009, 01:34 PM
Die aggie....

You're gonna eventually anyway.

Too harsh? ;)

StoopTroup
11/17/2009, 01:36 PM
Too harsh? ;)

Not realistic. Penicillin helps if you get the clap....but it didn't get rid of the clap altogether. :D

soonerhubs
11/17/2009, 02:37 PM
I'm just angry that I have to go to class, and I'm unsure where to park.

The idiots in charge of parking up here should be taken to the woodshed for their incompetence.

soonerborn45
11/17/2009, 04:54 PM
I think it is just hilarious that they are going to be excited for 45k at their stadium. It seats 60k and they haven't even come close to selling it out yet. HA!!!!!!!

badger
11/17/2009, 05:23 PM
I think it is just hilarious that they are going to be excited for 45k at their stadium. It seats 60k and they haven't even come close to selling it out yet. HA!!!!!!!

If they wanted a game to tell parents to take their kids to, this would be a good one. They probably should open up the gates a little for cheaper to ensure a full fandom.

But... meh. If they embarrass themselves on a week night game, we can all giggle with beer a la Troy a few years ago on Friday. Remember? :stunned:

:D

stoopified
11/17/2009, 05:37 PM
I'm still trying to sigure out how in the hell the Pukes jumped from #18-#12 with a 7 point win over an average TT team on their home field.EIGHT home games, now there is a challenging slate.

SunnySooner
11/17/2009, 09:18 PM
I just wonder how the hell they think they are ever gonna be anywhere near the same league as us as far as "elite program" status, when they can't even muster enough fans to fill their stadium for a marquee game in a "good" year. How can they truly be that delusional? And here's a quote I love...

Let em have all the idiots, the uneducated, the poor, the unwashed masses. I'll gladly lock arms and sway from side to side on saturdays with anyone wearing orange in BPS knowing full well that they are part of something not because its easy, popular and convenient, but because its something they believe in. -- Biscuits

Uhh, so you're a better fan if your team consistently SUX??? Wouldn't that just make you a fan who didn't make a very good decision when you chose your team? That has to be the aggiest thing I've ever read. lOSUrs.[hairGel] :stunned: [hairGel]

sendbaht
11/17/2009, 10:38 PM
I'm still trying to sigure out how in the hell the Pukes jumped from #18-#12 with a 7 point win over an average TT team on their home field.EIGHT home games, now there is a challenging slate.

I'm glad their ranked this high, I hope after the CO game they move into the top ten, then when we beat them it will help us move into the top 25.:)))

but on a side note......I'm a tad surprized they are 12th also....

SoonerDood
11/17/2009, 11:21 PM
I'm a tad surprized they are 12th also....

No joke. OSU had a one-game season, and they're 0-2. AT HOME. Best wins include Georgia (who has been called the worst team in the SEC East by ESPN) and Mizzou (who lost to Baylor at home.) Not exactly a #12 resume'.

goingoneight
11/18/2009, 09:32 AM
It is kinds weird knowing Gundy, with a Bed-lame loss, will have an equal at Sooner best if not better record than Stoops this season.

So Gundy will get a 40-year (heh) contract, and next season Bob will be 10-3 at worst while OSU fights for four wins again.