PDA

View Full Version : Our new Nike uniforms.

MyT Oklahoma
11/16/2009, 02:19 PM
There is a picture posted with the article. Gross!

http://newsok.com/nike-officially-releases-new-ou-football-uniform/article/3417872#emailFriend

Nike officially releases new OU football uniform
FROM STAFF REPORTS Comments 2
Published: November 16, 2009

Nike officially released the new uniforms for the University of Oklahoma football team on Monday, via Twitter.

The Sooners will wear the redesigned uniforms on Saturday at Texas Tech.

In a post from @usnikefootball, the company said, "Here it is Sooner fans - the new Nike Pro Combat uniform for Saturday's game."

The uniform features white pants, jerseys and helmets. The jerseys are void of the usual "Sooners" across the front and just feature a number with a small OU crest on the collar. The pants appear to be all white from the front, but feature red striping down the back.

The helmet is also missing something familiar, the OU paperclip logo. Instead, the helmet is solid white with a wide crimson strip down the center. The facemasks are gray.

OU is one of ten teams debuting new uniforms over the last few weeks of the season. Texas Christian and Virginia Tech debut their new Nike Pro Combat uniforms on Saturday. The other programs that will debut new uniforms are: Miami, Florida, Texas, LSU, Ohio State, Missouri and Florida State.

It's believed that the new design of the OU uniform will just be a one-week thing.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/16/2009, 02:22 PM
1) releasing something on twitter is ghey
2) the uniforms are lackluster and quite frankly lame. oh well nothing really to complain about because they aren't ridiculous looking.

sooneron
11/16/2009, 02:23 PM
3) How many threads are going to be dedicated to these "unis" ?

Sooner4FCD
11/16/2009, 02:23 PM
We're dressing up as Ohio State this week?

soonerboy
11/16/2009, 02:26 PM
well uniforms aside if you click on explore the uniform there is a cool little intro to them!

My Opinion Matters
11/16/2009, 02:26 PM
I know I'll be in the minority, but I kinda like 'em.

OUDoc
11/16/2009, 02:28 PM
Kinda ugly but only temporary. Not a big deal.

freshchris05
11/16/2009, 02:29 PM
haha there are too many threads on this...

but i think its funny that newsok is so ****ty that they only have one picture which has been circulating for a while and all they did was resize it and it's all pixelated haha...

badger
11/16/2009, 02:31 PM
The board sure is suffering from thread-itis lately.

soonerboy
11/16/2009, 02:31 PM
I dont think they look bad though, whats so bad about them? nobody can put a finger on it. All they say is, is that it looks bland. Well I got news for you, our regular unis are pretty bland too.

My Opinion Matters
11/16/2009, 02:32 PM
...and with that I think it's been sufficiently covered that there's other threads on this topic.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 02:34 PM
Post it in the other uni thread/s.