PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Irrational Exhuberance

westcoast_sooner
11/16/2009, 01:21 AM
As critical as the board was after the loss to Nebraska last week, I was expecting a little more after the win last night. The Sooners put up some good numbers, and after they got over a slow start in the first, and managed to settle in, I thought the offense was clicking as well as it has all season.

IMO, there was enough good play last night to warrant some kudos. Landry settled in and threw good balls. DeMarco was outstanding. Broyles was his usual incredible self. The OL, while not great, did protect Landry well enough he didn't get sacked. And the Defense held the "number 1 offense in the big XII" to only 14 first downs and 226 total yards, while coming up with 4 sacks.

There's always something to critique, but there were enough good plays that we can look at the game, which gets us Bowl Eligible, as a positive.

Just my opinions - I'm pretty happy with what I saw last night.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2009, 01:38 AM
When you spend all week bad-mouthing players, it's tough to come back it whoop it up.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2009, 01:54 AM
I think folks still have a hangover from the fact there is no big ring to reach for this season. I think you'll see more excitement if we can keep the home streak alive in a couple of weeks.

sooner59
11/16/2009, 01:56 AM
I was at the game in Lincoln and I can't say I saw this score, but I did take the Sooners -20 against A&M. I didn't get too down on them even though I made a long trip and spent some $$$. Nebraska played some defense, we never caught breaks on offense, and we did what we do at home. I give our guys props for never giving up and clawing through the schedule after all that has happened this season.

SunnySooner
11/16/2009, 02:09 AM
Yeeow! Ayipioeeay!

How's that?:D Seriously, I had a great time watchin the butt kickin last night, and I was in a much better mood today than last Sunday.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/16/2009, 09:50 AM
I think we're reserving judgement for Texas Tech.
If we lose, at least the regular season will end on a good note after the a$$kicking we will give the Pokes.

rawlingsHOH
11/16/2009, 10:11 AM
Looking for Irrational Exhuberance
You are never as good as your best game, never as bad as your worst.

btk108
11/16/2009, 05:34 PM
I was exuberant...until I got back to the tailgate and Dean had drank all the beer.

TUSooner
11/16/2009, 05:42 PM
I can do irrationality, but I can't do it with exhuberance. :O

1890MilesToNorman
11/16/2009, 05:43 PM
Here's my judgement.

We kicked some A$$ on Saturday!!! and it's a good feeling.

Now fire the whole lot of'em. :rolleyes:

badger
11/16/2009, 05:56 PM
If your real question is where you should go to get some lulz since we're all being rational and not funny to read here, then look no further than TexAgs.com! (http://texags.com/main/forum.topic.asp?forum_id=5&days=2)

I kid you not. Their football board which I have linked above has been nothing but funny since Saturday. The best part is that unlike the whorn fan site, during meltdowns, TexAgs does NOT crash. Thus, your giggling never ends.

TexAgs.com! Go for the lulz, leave before you die laughing.