PDA

View Full Version : God bless US President Obama

Chuck Bao
11/15/2009, 11:28 PM
President Obama is saying all the right things during his trip to Asia, in my opinion. First US president to meet with the leaders of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) and he calls them partners.

I'm very pleased that President Obama decided to use his meeting with ASEAN leaders to put pressure on Burma to free Aung San Suu Kyi. The previous policy of ignoring ASEAN and the situation in Burma was clearly not working.

And, ASEAN has a 600 million population with a hodge podge of Muslim, Christian, Buddhist and Hindu.

I think President Obama has left for China this morning. The Chinese markets are welcoming him with Hong Kong up 1.49% and Shiang Hai up 1.80%. I told Thai investors to buy and keep buying this morning and thankfully that is panning out.

I told investors that I believe that Obama's trip will yield results whether it is apparent or not. China may not give anything away during the visit, but currency markets are likely to anticipate a more amicable relationship and understanding to resolve the imbalance of trade issue in an orderly manner that still protects China as the largest holder of US government debt.

Correct or not?

Curly Bill
11/15/2009, 11:32 PM
I'm sure this'll work out just as awesome as everything else Brack has laid hands on.

Petro-Sooner
11/15/2009, 11:34 PM
Hail dear leader...............

Chuck Bao
11/15/2009, 11:48 PM
I'm sure this'll work out just as awesome as everything else Brack has laid hands on.

Apparently so. And, it is working out pretty damn well for me. I told investors (and I email my comments to 40,000 investors each morning) that the Thai stock market is going to fly. Either President Obama is good or I am. Probably both of us...

Curly Bill
11/15/2009, 11:49 PM
Glad Brack is doing good by someone then.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/15/2009, 11:50 PM
I guess I don't frequent enough, but what exactly do you do Chuck? Sounds like a very interesting business life.

PDXsooner
11/16/2009, 12:11 AM
the problem with barack obama is that he thinks too big for most small-minded americans. large-scale solutions for large-scale problems aren't like a mcdonalds drive-thru where you can get your quick and easy big-mac. many things take 10-20 years to truly change. healthcare, a change in energy policy (one where we're not directly funding our enemies), etc. are like turning a cruise ship. slow and steady.

of course, as americans we wanted the meaning to life and all other things solved in the first 6 months. and naturally, those who didn't want obama to win were going to pounce on him and rip apart his every move regardless of what he does...

i can't express how thankful i am that he is our president.

Petro-Sooner
11/16/2009, 12:17 AM
the problem with barack obama is that he thinks too big for most small-minded americans. large-scale solutions for large-scale problems aren't like a mcdonalds drive-thru where you can get your quick and easy big-mac. many things take 10-20 years to truly change. healthcare, a change in energy policy (one where we're not directly funding our enemies), etc. are like turning a cruise ship. slow and steady.

of course, as americans we wanted the meaning to life and all other things solved in the first 6 months. and naturally, those who didn't want obama to win were going to pounce on him and rip apart his every move regardless of what he does...

Thats comedy at its best!!

Chuck Bao
11/16/2009, 12:19 AM
I'm head of research for the largest brokerage firm in Thailand. Small by US standards, but 40 branches, 600 marketing officers and 30-50,000 active retail accounts. What I do is panic each morning at 5am staring at a blank screen until I can come up with something useful and that unfortunately involves paraphrasing news of what is happening in the US. Yeah, I hate that and it is stupid. The cool thing is that I call the market and our stock picks tend to do very well.

Curly Bill
11/16/2009, 12:22 AM

LOL, that's good stuff. :rolleyes:

Chuck Bao
11/16/2009, 12:25 AM

Agree.

I also think that the stock market does not like change. Bailouts definitely yes, but change, no. Uncertainty requires a risk premium even if the changes are for the good. Obama has his detractors here, but he is rock star in Asia and apparently in Europe.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 12:32 AM
I'm sure this'll work out just as awesome as everything else Brack has laid hands on.Then it'll probably work out pretty damn good.

I mean...it COULD turn out like everything Dubya laid HIS hands on...

Ardmore_Sooner
11/16/2009, 12:33 AM

Wouldn't the same hold true then for the past administration(s) and the way the economy went during their time in office?

PDXsooner
LOL, that's good stuff. :rolleyes:

thanks!

LosAngelesSooner
LOL, that's good stuff. :rolleyes:Yet incredibly accurate, unfortunately.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 12:34 AM
Wouldn't the same hold true then for the past administration(s) and the way the economy went during their time in office?What we are seeing now are the effects of his time in office. :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
11/16/2009, 12:35 AM
Then it'll probably work out pretty damn good.

I mean...it COULD turn out like everything Dubya laid HIS hands on...

Dead horse homeboy! "W" has left the building. :rolleyes:

You libs need to come up with a better defense for your boy than: "W" sucked just as bad. I admit "W" sucked, now what about the idjit that's in there now???

Ardmore_Sooner
11/16/2009, 12:39 AM
What we are seeing now are the effects of his time in office. :rolleyes:

Yeah, cause that's exactly what I said. :rolleyes:

I was actually agreeing with him and trying to make the point that both sides do the same crap whenever their guy isn't in office.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 12:41 AM

You libs need to come up with a better defense for your boy than: "W" sucked just as bad. I admit "W" sucked, now what about the idjit that's in there now???
Not what I said, Homeboy.

Dubya is INFINITELY worse than President Obama has ever been, even on his worst day.

Curly Bill
11/16/2009, 12:45 AM

Dubya is INFINITELY worse than President Obama has ever been, even on his worst day.

How many Brack bumper stickers you have on your Prius anyway? ;)

Chuck Bao
11/16/2009, 12:45 AM

Not a chance, dood. The previous administration screwed up so much stuff that it will take some time to fix things. As mentioned earlier, I like President Obama repairing some of the damage to Asian trade partners.

Curly Bill
11/16/2009, 12:47 AM
Not a chance, dood. The previous administration screwed up so much stuff that it will take some time to fix things. As mentioned earlier, I like President Obama repairing some of the damage to Asian trade partners.

Good thing we elected the savior then! :rolleyes:

Still...I thought that laying on of hands thing would have worked quicker.

Chuck Bao
11/16/2009, 12:57 AM

You can lay on hands or you can grab your ankles. It's funny when you say it that way. Did I mention before that you're cute?

Curly Bill
11/16/2009, 12:59 AM
You can lay on hands or you can grab your ankles. It's funny when you say it that way. Did I mention before that you're cute?

Argument killer...

...I'm outta here.

Least I'll rest easy knowing Brack is on the job. :D

Chuck Bao
11/16/2009, 01:11 AM
This is a textbook case for noobs. If you want to win an argument on SF, just call your opponent cute.

But, CB I be serious. You the sweet guy and cute.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/16/2009, 01:27 AM
This thread got ghey in a hurry.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 02:05 AM
How many Brack bumper stickers you have on your Prius anyway? ;)
I still have my McCain bumper sticker on my Jeep. :texan:

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 02:11 AM

Forgive me for a moment of rationality, but President Obama is FAR from "the savior." He's a very flawed President and is making too many compromises, in my opinion. He's backed down from some campaign promises that he dearly needs to honor. He's made a few gaffes (though not nearly as many as his predecessor) and he needs to grow more of a backbone.

That said, he's got a **** ton of stuff on his plate to fix that the last guy effed all the eff up all over the place. He's got a bunch of idiots and contrarians on BOTH sides of the aisle in Congress. He's got a scardy cat, under educated populace who are clinging to old, worn out and disproven ideals which do not carry water in the current climate of the world who freak out over half-baked conspiracy theories and resist the inevitable and necessary changes that are coming REGARDLESS of which party they are registered with.

It's gonna take a while to fix all that IF it ever gets fixed.

PDXsooner
11/16/2009, 02:30 AM
personally, if he comes through on his energy policy and at least gets us headed in the right direction i'll be satisfied. broken promises? sure, he'll have plenty of them, he's a politician. i'd expect nothing less. anyone expecting ANY president to come through on everything is woefully underinformed.

most people don't even know what they want. they just want something different that what exists because they're unsatisfied with their own life, so they bitch constantly.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 07:51 AM
I guess I don't frequent enough, but what exactly do you do Chuck? Sounds like a very interesting business life.

Oh it's an interesting lifestyle alright.

Harry Beanbag
11/16/2009, 08:13 AM
This thread got ghey in a hurry.

It started out that way.

soonerhubs
11/16/2009, 08:46 AM
That said, he's got a **** ton of stuff on his plate to fix that the past few presidents and congresses effed all the eff up all over the place.
Fixed to establish a more realistic statement. :D

MrJimBeam
11/16/2009, 08:46 AM
He's got a scardy cat, under educated populace who are clinging to old, worn out and disproven ideals which do not carry water in the current climate of the world

It's gonna take a while to fix all that

Just take away their right to vote and then appoint a bunch of czars that answer to no one.

Oh wait, it might not take as long as you think.

olevetonahill
11/16/2009, 09:18 AM
Hey Chuck at least you started a thread with Good intentions.
Seems like the Far both sides cant let it go at that

NormanPride
11/16/2009, 11:18 AM
No kidding, vet.

Chuck, think you'll be able to make a couple tailgates with your commission? :D

Veritas
11/16/2009, 11:28 AM
Obama has done well improving the perception of the US from without.

The question is, of course, how one values that factor.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 11:36 AM
Well if the Asians are happy, I'm happy.

JohnnyMack
11/16/2009, 11:36 AM
Regardless of how long it takes to turn around a ship, if BHO doesn't do something about creating jobs in the next 12 months he's finished. But like a good politician he saw the writing on the wall and decided that since he had massive majorities in both houses of congress and a high approval rating he should start with his ultimate pet project, that of healthcare reform. Combine that with silly spending projects like TARP 2, CARS and the first time home buyer tax credit and this guy is racking up debt faster than my mother at a Nordstrom's sale.

In my opinion what Obama SHOULD have done would have been to quite literally roll up his sleeves, put on a hard hat, grab a shovel and develop a WPA-like initiative that showed him at photo op after photo op across this country getting people working again. Spending money rebuilding the infrastructure, getting hands on with the people and shaking free of his aloof image. Instead he opted to engage in some typical cronyism and petty politics.

Obama was elected by middle class, middle America who took a chance on the notion that his speeches weren't rhetoric and that he would be different. If you take a look at the polling data you'll see he's losing the very people who propelled him into office. I say he's got a very short window in which to reconnect with this group of people and show that he does care what happens to them. Winning the east coast and the west coast won't do it. If Obama doesn't regain his trust with the states that put him over the top (Florida, Ohio, Iowa, etc.) he's going to be out of a job.

The reality of it all is that our economy is in really dire straits right now. Our economic problems are the result of systemic failures over a period of decades, not months. Short term band-aids and an overvalued stock market (echo bubble) will only last so long. When the next storm comes rolling through, the question will be whether or not the current administration made the right choices and steered the ship into the waves or if we're about to get broadsided.

MamaMia
11/16/2009, 01:58 PM

He sucks worse.

MamaMia
11/16/2009, 02:00 PM

He sucks worse. We are going down an already well known bad path.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axC6pmF4cY

FaninAma
11/16/2009, 02:08 PM
Agree.

I also think that the stock market does not like change. Bailouts definitely yes, but change, no. Uncertainty requires a risk premium even if the changes are for the good. Obama has his detractors here, but he is rock star in Asia and apparently in Europe.

Exactly what change has Obama instituted?

And with his protocol gaffes(like bowing to the Japanese Emperor) I'm starting to think he's not any brighter than George Bush.

LAS, if the current administration has the same low opinion of the American people that you have then Obama is finished and will be lucky to last his first term.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 02:32 PM
Just take away their right to vote and then appoint a bunch of czars that answer to no one.

Oh wait, it might not take as long as you think.Oh my God. The Czar conspiracy theory again?

Do you even know ANYTHING about the "Czars?"

"Answer to no one" indeed...:rolleyes:

Chuck Bao
11/16/2009, 03:06 PM
Obama has done well improving the perception of the US from without.

The question is, of course, how one values that factor.

Obviously, it is important for me. I grew up thinking that the US is the beacon of hope and democracy and freedom for the rest of the world. The last eight years have been a diaster in terms of foreign diplomacy, world opinion and with the economic might of the US being shattered. The whole deal was clinched with my right-wing family saying that they don't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 03:14 PM
Well it's about time we get on board with the rest of the world and flush this democracy and freedom thing down the drain.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 03:15 PM
Chuck's got family issues.

NormanPride
11/16/2009, 03:20 PM
I don't remember us being so xenophobic under past presidents. But under Bush, we started saying "**** you" to the rest of the world. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 03:23 PM
I'm older than most on here, and we've been saying "**** you" to the rest of the world my entire life. It didn't start with Bush.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 03:24 PM
I'm older than most on here, and we've been saying "**** you" to the rest of the world my entire life. It didn't start with Bush.

But now we say it with a smile and a hood wink. It makes all the difference.

FaninAma
11/16/2009, 04:05 PM

Bush sucked.
Obama sucks.

Trying to defend either is pretty clear evidence your just a party hack.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 04:08 PM
But now we say it with a smile and a hood wink. It makes all the difference.
Somebody needs to look up the word "diplomacy" in the dictionary.

85Sooner
11/16/2009, 04:08 PM
Obviously, it is important for me. I grew up thinking that the US is the beacon of hope and democracy and freedom for the rest of the world. The last eight years have been a diaster in terms of foreign diplomacy, world opinion and with the economic might of the US being shattered. The whole deal was clinched with my right-wing family saying that they don't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks.

8 years? Specifically what do you think was done wrong, besides the initial bailout and kissing too many democrats asses.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 04:09 PM
Bush sucked.
Obama sucks.

Trying to defend either is pretty clear evidence your just a party hack.Bush sucked worse than any President we've ever had.

Obama is luke warm, marginally a disappointment in some areas, and succeeding amazingly in others (like the areas Chuck is talking about) that Bush ALSO sucked hard at.

Is Obama the "savior?" (whatever that means)
No.

Is he the disaster the wingnuts would have us believe he is?
Not even close.

Chuck Bao
11/16/2009, 04:12 PM
Chuck's got family issues.

Probably. I just have a hard time understanding why any of them would vote Republican or watch Fox News. We don't talk politics because of Mom's house rules. We can talk economics and I hold my ground there. We don't talk foreign policy because "we don't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks" sentiment on the other side. I don't think any of them can talk about the sanctity of marriage, but whatever.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 04:12 PM
Somebody needs to look up the word "diplomacy" in the dictionary.

That's what makes the difference Sherlock. ****, sometimes I think everything goes in one ear and out the other with you.

JohnnyMack
11/16/2009, 04:13 PM
Bush sucked worse than any President we've ever had.

Obama is luke warm, marginally a disappointment in some areas, and succeeding amazingly in others (like the areas Chuck is talking about) that Bush ALSO sucked hard at.

No.

Not even close.

Can you please point out these amazing successes?

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 04:15 PM
Bush sucked.
Obama sucks.

Trying to defend either is pretty clear evidence your just a party hack.

But what if Obama sucks monkey balls. Is that racist?

FaninAma
11/16/2009, 04:16 PM
So Obama's accomplishments have consisted of going around and telling other countries that the US acted like jerks under the last administration? Um, okay.

But what is his next trick once he gets through apologizing to everybody?

He has done absolutely nothing he promised to do in terms of promoting renewable energy and creating jobs in this country.

He hasn't instituted any banking or investing reforms. The same people who were stealing us blind under Bush are stealing us blind under Obama.

Bush was a horrible President and sold us out to Big Oil and Big Banking. I don't see a damned thing that Obama has done to change that.

BTW, I suggest that when he meets with the Chinese he bends over and grabs his ankles because that will be very symbolic for what the Chinese are about to do to this country via the power they weild from holding a trillion dollars of our IOU's.

KABOOKIE

His diplomacy for starters. In other words, his amazing success at being amazing.

JohnnyMack
His diplomacy for starters. In other words, his amazing success at being amazing.

Bowing. He's apparently good at that.

Kind of like you are....on my dick!!!

Ardmore_Sooner
11/16/2009, 04:22 PM
Buuuuuuuurrrrn

Chuck Bao
11/16/2009, 04:23 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2756661#post2756661

And for my part, you can check out post #11 in that thread.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 04:24 PM

Dude, I'm bowing because I can't find that thing. I suggest shaving your pubes. Might make your weenis visible.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 04:24 PM
You already conceded one very important one: Under Dubya we were the most feared, most despised nation in the world.

Under President Obama we are the most popular nation in the world and world leaders are now willing to meet with us, support us and work with us. This wasn't the case under Bush.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 04:27 PM

Kind of like you are....on my dick!!!Bowing to an EMPEROR of a nation is RESPECT, not deference.

Shoot. Japan wouldn't eff with us no matter what we did. They need us too much.

All this hubbub about his bow is reh-tah-ded.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/16/2009, 04:32 PM
President Obama is saying all the right things during his trip to Asia, in my opinion. First US president to meet with the leaders of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) and he calls them partners.

I'm very pleased that President Obama decided to use his meeting with ASEAN leaders to put pressure on Burma to free Aung San Suu Kyi. The previous policy of ignoring ASEAN and the situation in Burma was clearly not working.

And, ASEAN has a 600 million population with a hodge podge of Muslim, Christian, Buddhist and Hindu.

I think President Obama has left for China this morning. The Chinese markets are welcoming him with Hong Kong up 1.49% and Shiang Hai up 1.80%. I told Thai investors to buy and keep buying this morning and thankfully that is panning out.

I told investors that I believe that Obama's trip will yield results whether it is apparent or not. China may not give anything away during the visit, but currency markets are likely to anticipate a more amicable relationship and understanding to resolve the imbalance of trade issue in an orderly manner that still protects China as the largest holder of US government debt.

Correct or not?

Dude, I don't get it. I can see you're getting all misty eyed because this guy comes over there and talks purty, but when do people start expecting results. The Chinese are lecturing him on monetary policy and today Bernanke comes out and says "FU. Rates are staying low and the printing presses are working overtime."

I have to say he has been good for my gold holdings though.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 04:33 PM
Bowing to an EMPORER of a nation is RESPECT, not deference.

Bowing to an Emporer is a sign of financial superiority.

FaninAma
11/16/2009, 04:36 PM
Dude, I don't get it. I can see you're getting all misty eyed because this guy comes over there and talks purty, but when do people start expecting results. The Chinese are lecturing him on monetary policy and today Bernanke comes out and says "FU. Rates are staying low and the printing presses are working overtime."

I have to say he has been good for my gold holdings though.

Isn't it beautiful? My gold fund investment is now up over 700%.

JohnnyMack
11/16/2009, 04:37 PM
Bowing to an Emporer is a sign of financial superiority.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Palpatine_ROTJ.jpg

JohnnyMack
11/16/2009, 04:38 PM
Dude, I'm bowing because I can't find that thing. I suggest shaving your pubes. Might make your weenis visible.

Winter's coming. I gotta keep the little guy warm.

JohnnyMack
11/16/2009, 04:39 PM
You already conceded one very important one: Under Dubya we were the most feared, most despised nation in the world.

Under President Obama we are the most popular nation in the world and world leaders are now willing to meet with us, support us and work with us. This wasn't the case under Bush.

That's what you came up with?

Try again.

Howzit
11/16/2009, 04:40 PM
Regarding the bowing the bowing thing in Japan, everyone does realize that everyone bows to everyone there, right? So that doesn't bother me so much.

Now, regarding the bowing to the Saudi whatever, that bothered me because I don't like towel heads.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/16/2009, 04:41 PM

Haven't you read, the accomplishment is feriners like us now. And that's brought all of the following.

No more NATO troops for Afganistan
No sanctions on Iran
No breakthrough with S Korea
Our dollar continuing to go in the toilet, while TurboTax Timmy gets laughed at by Chinese school children.

Howzit
11/16/2009, 04:41 PM
I guess that would have been better in the political correctness thread.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 04:45 PM
That's what you came up with?

Try again.Casually dismissing the obvious, important and unassailable truth doesn't make it any less significant or important, buddy.

Bowing to an Emporer is a sign of financial superiority.Sure. Whatever.

Don't let the fact that WE are financially superior to Japan get in the way of your ignorance.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 04:49 PM
Sure. Whatever.

Don't let the fact that WE are financially superior to Japan get in the way of your ignorance.

Speaking of ignorance..... WTF is an Emporer?

You might get the joke then......

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 04:53 PM
A spelling mistake.

A RARE one on my part.

Carry on, 4th grader.

JohnnyMack
11/16/2009, 04:59 PM
Casually dismissing the obvious, important and unassailable truth doesn't make it any less significant or important, buddy.

His decision to leave Iraq is admirable. I hope he follows suit in Afghanistan (I would say Hillary Clinton's quote yesterday on that matter is a positive one).

Beyond that I've seen very little from this guy that makes me think he's done anything more than C work. Just the way I see it.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/16/2009, 05:01 PM
A spelling mistake.

A RARE one on my part.

Carry on, 4th grader.

Your membership to Mensa has been revoked. ;)

FaninAma
11/16/2009, 05:04 PM
Holy crap guys! Have you not figured out yet that the Democrats and the Republicans both serve the same masters? And here's a little hint....it's not the US taxpayers.

The sooner you wake up and get over this stupid partisn bickering the quicker we can get somebody in office who will work for us. They want you to bicker and fight about party ideology. It's all a freaking diversion to keep you occupied while they come in and steal trillions and trillions of our tax dollars.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 05:09 PM

Says the satisfier of Tulsa's finest...

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 05:10 PM
Holy crap guys! Have you not figured out yet that the Democrats and the Re[publicans bot serve the same masters? And here's a little hint....it's not the US taxpayers.

The sooner you wake up and get over this stupid partisn bickering the quicker we can get somebody in office who will work for us. They want you to bicker and fight about party ideology. It's all a freaking diversion to keep you occupied while they come in and steal triliions and trillions of our tax dollars.

People on this board need to listen to this ^^^^^^^.

JLEW1818
11/16/2009, 05:13 PM
I'll tell you who it was... it was that damn Sasquatch

GrapevineSooner
11/16/2009, 05:32 PM
What Fan said.

There's a reason I only have a passing interest in politics these days. And why I'm very skeptical of any fan boys towards a particular pol or political party. Doesn't matter if it's Bush or O'bama, Democrat or Republican.

Yes, the Bush Admin left a huge fiscal mess. I don't exactly see the signs where O'Bama is making it any better.

In fact, I read where the Chinese are going to grill O'bama about the costs of healthcare. You know, since they're one of our nation's biggest creditors and all.

Fraggle145
11/16/2009, 05:34 PM
People on this board need to listen to this ^^^^^^^.

goddamn loch ness monster.

85Sooner
11/16/2009, 05:40 PM
Bush sucked worse than any President we've ever had.

No.

Not even close.

Your evidently too young to remember Carter.

85Sooner
11/16/2009, 05:42 PM

God..... you do come from another planet.

85Sooner
11/16/2009, 06:21 PM
double post

85Sooner
11/16/2009, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U6fL7Y4BZA

Seems like everyone else knows protocol except one person.

picasso
11/16/2009, 06:25 PM
What we are seeing now are the effects of his time in office. :rolleyes:

And the current President's time in the Senate.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BermudaSooner
11/16/2009, 07:10 PM
Wow, how did I miss this discussion, and how did lasooner finally find someone to agree with some of his left coast thinking?

PDXsooner
11/16/2009, 07:21 PM
i agree with this. obama will still be a slave to the democratic party's policies, but he very well could end up being one of our best presidents ever.

proud gonzo
11/16/2009, 07:24 PM
Wow, how did I miss this discussion, and how did lasooner finally find someone to agree with some of his left coast thinking?um... lasooner is a different person than LosAngelesSooner (aka LAS)

Jimminy Crimson
11/16/2009, 07:26 PM
Obama has his detractors here, but he is rock star in Asia and apparently in Europe.

All for sending him to Asia or Europe say 'AYE!' :texan:

BermudaSooner
11/16/2009, 07:45 PM
um... lasooner is a different person than LosAngelesSooner (aka LAS)

Oh yea-- I'm very sorry to have assulted lasooner in such a manner. My apologies.

Okla-homey
11/16/2009, 08:05 PM
Bowing to an EMPEROR of a nation is RESPECT, not deference.

Nope. Sorry. He is the personal embodiment of the United States abroad. Thus, his deep bowing is precisely the same thing as bowing on my behalf. The deep bowing was wrong. Period.

JohnnyMack
11/16/2009, 10:49 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/11/16/2009-11-16_obama_has_lost_the_center.html

Bourbon St Sooner
11/17/2009, 09:16 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/11/16/2009-11-16_obama_has_lost_the_center.html

Nice article. It's pretty much dead on except he left out rounding up all of Goldman Sachs and throwing them in the clink.

swardboy
11/17/2009, 09:24 AM
Too many czars in the kitchen.....I mean really, this blatant bypass of the constitution and congress is troubling to say the least regardless of party.

Okla-homey
11/17/2009, 10:49 AM
Too many czars in the kitchen.....I mean really, this blatant bypass of the constitution and congress is troubling to say the least regardless of party.

That and this out-of-control and reckless spending. The d00d has already spent more on social program crappery than Bill C. spent in eight years.

More than anything else, I resent his "analysis paralysis" on the way ahead in Afghanistan. We have young Americans in harms way. Make a danged decision already.

King Barry's Back
11/17/2009, 12:07 PM
Agree.

Alright, now you're on my turf.

I wouldn't say he's a rock star in Europe. The Europeans have a lot of unrealistic expectations and they are starting to realize that those are going to be unfulfilled. He's more popular that GWB, but GWB was despised in all of Europe that isn't still worried about being invaded by Russia. For a whole bunch of reasons.

European politicians -- hard to describe them in short-hand -- but they tend to express kind of a sunshine and flowers view of serious problems. Anything that is seriously an issues, and they just pretend that it's not there. Europeans in general don't want to hear about it, and they don't want to see it. They for sure don't want to do anything about it. (Bush of course very strongly liked to talk about problems he was worried about, and liked to presure the Europeans to help him with those problems, and that's where his popularity really fell off on the Old Continent.)

Also, there is no equivalent to the American Republican Party in Western, Continental Europe. No organized party here believes that markets should regulate themselves, that successful risk-takers should be rewarded, or that unsuccessful risk-takes should be punished. Less risk, the better, over here.

So when the GOP is elected in the US, Europeans really don't know how to take it. They are shocked that the US doesn't already have nationalized medicine, and far more shocked that there is anybody in the US fighting against it. My feeling is that they see Republicans as something like Martians, and I am always being asked to explain why Republicans are doing this or that. They just don't get that, and don't like it.

So Dems will always be more popular here.

Also, if Obama actually sends 30k more troops to Afghanistan, and if he insists on asking the Europeans for help, I predict his popularity here will really take a hit. For the Euros, more troops is the wrong direction if he wants to keep up his popularity across the pond.

MamaMia
11/21/2009, 06:22 PM
A spelling mistake.

A RARE one on my part.

Carry on, 4th grader. Speaking of grade school...I believe that particular word could be spelled correctly by most 2nd graders. :D