PDA

View Full Version : A couple of notes and a question for those at the game

Collier11
11/15/2009, 11:04 PM
First the notes, with this team getting some confidence going into the last two games, TT's QB has a bad foot and Robinson for osu has a concussion...not that I enjoy another play getting hurt but this will undoubtedly give us an even greater shot to win the last two games.

Question: I was hanging out with some people after the game lastnite, I was unable to go and they all went to the game. I commented that Demarco looked on tv like he was afraid to cut it loose with the speed and that he didnt look as fast which some on here have said recently. All of those who were at the game said he looked really fast in person.

For those of you at the game, what was your opinion on his speed?

BrockLanders
11/15/2009, 11:08 PM
Looked fast to me. Out ran the aggie D a few times to the corner and did not get caught from behind.

Curly Bill
11/15/2009, 11:23 PM
I wasn't at the game, but I'll make the observation that outrunning the aTm defense prolly shouldn't count for a whole lot.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2009, 01:07 AM
It was secondary guys DM was going against when he got the corner a couple of times and I'm sure they weren't slow. I could believe he is still getting better from his last surgery - it wasn't a minor thing and it happened less than a year ago. Man, I hope he gets a chance to play in the bowl this year.

KantoSooner
11/16/2009, 09:29 AM
I can't comment on his speed, but I see him driving after first contact MUCH better than he has in years past. He really moves the pile. And that's a good thing.

BermudaSooner
11/16/2009, 09:52 AM
He looked fast to me, and really makes good driving contact when he is going down.

On his long TD catch where he went across the field, he looked really fast, but on the replay looked like he was just cruising. I think that is part of what makes him a great back.

Collier11
11/16/2009, 10:01 AM
Yea, that was the main play where he looked slow on tv

NormanPride
11/16/2009, 10:57 AM
The aggie D may be young, dumb and ugly, but they aren't slow.

mightysooner
11/16/2009, 03:33 PM
I noticed a speed differential when Calhoun entered the game in mop up duty. He didn't look slow on tv compared to Murray. I still say he's a 4.5 flat guy. We'll see how he scores at the combine. His "speed" reminds me of Maurice Claretts "speed" and Clarett was a 4.5 guy at his peak.

stoopified
11/16/2009, 04:59 PM
Personally I don't get too caught up in pure speed and 40 timesI recall Switzer saying that Little Joe was NEVER timed at OU but he(Barry) did not think Joe was any faSTER THAN ABOUT 4.6 . Mrray and Brown for that matter are both fast enough to get the job done.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2009, 05:08 PM
DM was matched up against lb's a few times when coming out of the backfield and he looked faster than the linebacker...

Collier11
11/16/2009, 05:09 PM
well I wasnt speaking of 40 times, mainly just how did he look on the field compared to on tv

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2009, 05:11 PM
Its hard to say..I didn't watch much in the 2nd half but number 11(I think the atm wlb) was covering him and struggled catching him...and the **** poor tackling of the aggies made it worse

soonerborn30
11/16/2009, 05:31 PM
There were a couple times when he came around the corner where he looked really fast. Like 2007 fast. That really long zig zag run he did started out pretty fast, he just ran out of gas toward the end it looked like.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/16/2009, 06:32 PM
I was sitting in the NW endzone and watching murray on the long play, when he was cutting across the field, even live, seemed like he was jogging, just waiting to find the right place to cut back up field...

madillsoonerfan5353
11/16/2009, 08:40 PM
He did find the aTm guy at the goal line and hit him before going into the endzone that was cool!! :D

VA Sooner
11/16/2009, 11:28 PM
Looked fast to me. He's still got it... just make sure he plays in a bowl game for once and not get sidelined with a stupid injury in the last or second to last game. (i.e. Fiesta Bowl, Big 12 Championship game 2008, National Title Game 2008).

Need all our star playmakers on the field.

sooner59
11/17/2009, 12:31 AM
He did find the aTm guy at the goal line and hit him before going into the endzone that was cool!! :D

That was great. It was such an AD move. You are going to score anyway, might as well find somebody to hit in the process, lol. Yeah, on that play it didn't seem that he was trying to run full speed at times. I saw other plays during that game where he looked faster. I think he was kind of looking for lanes and blockers. He kept turning his head and looking behind him. That will always slow you down a bit.