PDA

View Full Version : AD vs. Detroit Lions...

OU-HSV
11/15/2009, 02:23 PM
...he lit them up in the first half already. Had a couple nice long runs. Unfortunately he had a costly fumble on the most recent amazing long run, it seemed sure to be another TD. But around the 15 yard line a db grabbed the top of his shoulder pads (horse collar area) with one hand and punched the ball out with the other hand. (not sure if/or how the horse collar rule applies if a fumble occurs before the tackle is made, but no call was made here at all)

His stats right now are near halftime are 12 carries 100 yds 1 td and 1 Reception for 11 yards.

Ruuuuuufus
11/15/2009, 02:24 PM
two fumbles lost in the first half :(

rawlingsHOH
11/15/2009, 02:24 PM
He has a fumbling jinx against the Lions. 3 of his 4 fumbles this season have come against them.

okcusooner
11/15/2009, 02:25 PM
...he lit them up in the first half already. Had a couple nice long runs. Unfortunately he had a costly fumble on the most recent amazing long run. He fumbled the ball around the 15 yard line.

Was a potential horse collar an issue on that last fumble? Surprised the announcers made no mention of it

rawlingsHOH
11/15/2009, 02:25 PM
A lateral on a reverse?

OU-HSV
11/15/2009, 02:27 PM
Was a potential horse collar an issue on that last fumble? Surprised the announcers made no mention of it

exactly...I edited my post to include that in it. I forgot to put it in my original post.

The other fumble was a bad pitch by AD on a reverse. But I'll cut him some slack there, he's not used to pitching the ball.

sooner59
11/15/2009, 02:30 PM

Yeah, I wonder if that guy get a nice little fine in the mail in the next week, courtesy of Roger Goodell...

OU-HSV
11/15/2009, 02:53 PM
AD another long run...and then another TD. He's a stud

OU-HSV
11/15/2009, 02:53 PM
14 car 128 yds 2tds now

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2009, 02:56 PM
Just watched the replay and it was a horse collar. Hard to blame the ref because his attention went to the fumbled ball. Grabbing the horse collar and punching the ball *is* legal - you just can't finish a tackle that way (i.e. you have to let go in time). That's different from a facemask where once you grab and pull, it's already a flag.

delhalew
11/15/2009, 04:37 PM
were are you watching this game?

emm...it's prolly over, huh?

OU-HSV
11/15/2009, 05:09 PM
were are you watching this game?

emm...it's prolly over, huh?

It was on my local Fox here through dish network

It's over,
AD Finished w/ 18 car 133 yds 2 tds and only 2 catches for 10 yds

I'm lucky enough that I had Sidney Rice on one of my fantasy teams. he had 201 rec yds today!

tulsaoilerfan
11/15/2009, 05:28 PM
I thought the long run should have been a horse collar call, but what the hell are they thinking having him try to pitch the ball on a reverse? Just another example of coaches making bad, bad decisions

Soonerfan88
11/15/2009, 10:46 PM
Speaking of bad decisions, early in the game when they are going for 4th & inches, if don't use AD (stupid if you don't) at least it should be a sneak. Instead it's Duggan? and he gets stuffed for a loss. WTF are Childress & his OC thinking during these games?

Sooner04
11/15/2009, 10:52 PM
WTF are Childress & his OC thinking during these games?
Thinking about how nice it is to be 8-1, I'd imagine.

tulsaoilerfan
11/15/2009, 11:35 PM
Probably also thinking how fortunate they are to have Favre; without him this team is probably 4-4 right now

Sooner04
11/15/2009, 11:57 PM
We won the division last year. We were already pretty good.

OU-HSV
11/16/2009, 12:30 AM
Speaking of bad decisions, early in the game when they are going for 4th & inches, if don't use AD (stupid if you don't) at least it should be a sneak. Instead it's Duggan? and he gets stuffed for a loss. WTF are Childress & his OC thinking during these games?

Yeah I didn't get that either. I mean I understand the whole "we'll throw the D off, they'll think we'll give the ball to AD"....but let's be honest here...they had a better chance of getting a first down or even a td on that 4 and 1 giving the ball to their best offensive weapon AD even if the D knew he'd be getting the ball. So I agree, horrible play call there.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2009, 01:10 AM
they had a better chance of getting a first down or even a td on that 4 and 1 giving the ball to their best offensive weapon AD even if the D knew he'd be getting the ball.

If Duggan gets the first down, the play call is called brilliant. If they give it to AD and he gets stuffed, the play is called unimaginative, predictable.

janderson255
11/16/2009, 12:04 PM
It was on my local Fox here through dish network

It's over,
AD Finished w/ 18 car 133 yds 2 tds and only 2 catches for 10 yds

I'm lucky enough that I had Sidney Rice on one of my fantasy teams. he had 201 rec yds today!

Also go to www.justin.tv to watch games online. This is not spam, just helping people watch other games that are not on locally.

wishbonesooner
11/16/2009, 12:40 PM
If every player on the defense knew AD was getting the ball, I'd still like my chances. 1 against 11, if AD is the 1, wouldn't be a fair fight. He'd make it more often than not.

OU-HSV
11/16/2009, 08:10 PM
If Duggan gets the first down, the play call is called brilliant. If they give it to AD and he gets stuffed, the play is called unimaginative, predictable.

Uh, maybe to some. But to me, I'm never gonna fault the Vikes for getting the ball in AD's hands. Especially on important downs.