PDA

View Full Version : 65-10

tulsaoilerfan
11/15/2009, 12:54 PM
Finally got a chance to go thru my DVR recording of last night's game, and i can't figure out why the hell Reynolds, Lewis, and Clayton were still in the game in the 4th quarter? Do we not have a couple of Frosh LB's that need some reps? I just don't get it.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/15/2009, 01:19 PM
We needed a lot of players getting some reps. Also, could've stopped throwing to the endzone to set up a few field goal attempts.

soonerborn45
11/15/2009, 02:23 PM
What freshmen did you wanna put in? Ronnell Lewis got in and he is the only freshman that could use reps. Offense who did you want to go in? Only 7 linemen that are playing and need all the reps they can get and qb landry needs all the reps too.

Sooner7dust
11/15/2009, 02:35 PM
They scored 14 on K state, so we were trying to hold them under that.

tulsaoilerfan
11/15/2009, 04:13 PM
What freshmen did you wanna put in? Ronnell Lewis got in and he is the only freshman that could use reps. Offense who did you want to go in? Only 7 linemen that are playing and need all the reps they can get and qb landry needs all the reps too.

I didn't say anything about the offense, did i? Never saw Ronnell take the field at LB, nor did i see Bird on the field; having Reynolds, Clayton, and Lewis still in with 4 minutes and change left is ridiculous.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/15/2009, 04:17 PM
FIRE LAUNDRY JOHNS

soonerborn45
11/15/2009, 05:36 PM
I didn't say anything about the offense, did i? Never saw Ronnell take the field at LB, nor did i see Bird on the field; having Reynolds, Clayton, and Lewis still in with 4 minutes and change left is ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous? Defense is different from offense. Coaches always keep the defense in late no matter what the score is. And yes ronnell was in just look at the stats he recorded 3 tackles, 2 on special teams and 1 defensive. And what good was it gonna do to put them in anyways? Take some meaningless snaps in a blow out against the oppenents second team offense.

rawlingsHOH
11/15/2009, 05:47 PM
Finally got a chance to go thru my DVR recording of last night's game, and i can't figure out why the hell Reynolds, Lewis, and Clayton were still in the game in the 4th quarter? Do we not have a couple of Frosh LB's that need some reps? I just don't get it.

They've always tried to mix in the back-ups with starters at first. To keep some "coaches" on the field at all times.

tulsaoilerfan
11/15/2009, 09:13 PM
They've always tried to mix in the back-ups with starters at first. To keep some "coaches" on the field at all times.

It's 65-10; is there really any need for those guys on the field at at that time? What if Lewis or Clayton had gotten hurt?

tulsaoilerfan
11/15/2009, 09:14 PM
How is it ridiculous? Defense is different from offense. Coaches always keep the defense in late no matter what the score is. And yes ronnell was in just look at the stats he recorded 3 tackles, 2 on special teams and 1 defensive. And what good was it gonna do to put them in anyways? Take some meaningless snaps in a blow out against the oppenents second team offense.

I guess i'm wrong for thinking that with possibly all 3 LB's gone after this season that we need the back ups to get any kind of playing time; forgive me

soonerborn45
11/15/2009, 09:53 PM
I guess i'm wrong for thinking that with possibly all 3 LB's gone after this season that we need the back ups to get any kind of playing time; forgive me

Ok here are your projected linebackers next year wang chung if all three go which isnt going to happen because Lewis is back for at least one more year and Reynolds has been given a medical redshirt but for sh*ts and giggles lets say they go...Austin Box(plays a lot) Tom Wort (injured) Ronnell Lewis (plays)
Hmmm yeah your right.

BoomerJ
11/15/2009, 10:08 PM
Are you sure about Reynolds getting his medical redshirt? Last I recall, Stoops said they haven't applied for it yet (2-3 weeks ago) and they hadn't decided on applying for it yet.

1890MilesToNorman
11/15/2009, 10:21 PM
Why is it that we win 65-10 and we can't enjoy it without questioning every little decision the coaches make?

I'm serious, what will make you people happy?

sooners2win
11/15/2009, 11:07 PM
I would have liked to see R. Lewis at the middle in the 4th quarter.

Curly Bill
11/15/2009, 11:37 PM
Getting the backups playing time in an actual game is for losers. :rolleyes:

Well, that and teams that like to plan for the future, you know: lesser teams than OU. ;)

nighttrain12
11/16/2009, 12:16 AM
The game is 4 quarters long, that is why those guys were still in the game. They deserve to play the whole game no matter what the score is.

Curly Bill
11/16/2009, 12:21 AM
The game is 4 quarters long, that is why those guys were still in the game. They deserve to play the whole game no matter what the score is.

One of the dumber things I've ever heard.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2009, 12:59 AM
Now I'm agreeing with Curly Bill. Wierd.

Stoops' insistence on keeping starters in the game late is one of the things I don't understand. He must have a reason for it. Has anyone ever asked him?

tommieharris91
11/16/2009, 02:13 AM

Personally, I'd rather not lose more starters to injury because they were playing during garbage time.

VA Sooner
11/16/2009, 08:55 AM
Would have loved to see Ronnell Lewis on the field at linebacker. The dude is a beast! Knocked the hell out of some punt and kickoff returners.

DMAFB_Sooner08
11/16/2009, 09:16 AM
He must have a reason for it.

This, I am thinking some people just cant be happy, they will always need something to gripe about...there is a reason we are on a football message board and not on a football field

sooneron
11/16/2009, 09:48 AM
FIRE ROB STUPES!!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
11/16/2009, 10:11 AM
Where's Lupica when you need him to tell us we runned up the score and were really mean to the Aggies.

rawlingsHOH
11/16/2009, 10:23 AM
Are you sure about Reynolds getting his medical redshirt? Last I recall, Stoops said they haven't applied for it yet (2-3 weeks ago) and they hadn't decided on applying for it yet.
I don't think you can officially get your 6th year until the end of the regular season.

freakhorn
11/16/2009, 12:01 PM

bloodthirsty still thinks its 2008.

KRYPTON
11/16/2009, 12:51 PM
We don't rotate backups enough, I agree and I'd love to keep the starters away from injury risk... but Ibiloye saw lots of reps at least *shrug*

And RJ Washington and McFarland did plenty of damage.

NormanPride
11/16/2009, 12:56 PM
R. Lewis gets in regularly on running plays. He's seen some good reps at LB this year.

soonerborn45
11/16/2009, 04:42 PM
I don't think you can officially get your 6th year until the end of the regular season.

When I originally posted it I said he has the redshirt. What I meant was that it is a very good chance he will get the redshirt due to missing all of 06 with a knee injury and the fact that he has been in good standing for all of his career.

tulsaoilerfan
11/16/2009, 05:08 PM
Ok here are your projected linebackers next year wang chung if all three go which isnt going to happen because Lewis is back for at least one more year and Reynolds has been given a medical redshirt but for sh*ts and giggles lets say they go...Austin Box(plays a lot) Tom Wort (injured) Ronnell Lewis (plays)
Hmmm yeah your right.

Lewis plays on special teams, and that's been just about it; Reynolds is no lock to get another year, and Travis Lewis is draft eligible although i doubt he will go

tulsaoilerfan
11/16/2009, 05:09 PM
R. Lewis gets in regularly on running plays. He's seen some good reps at LB this year.

he gets in regularly on running plays? I guess i have missed that all year; i do recall him being on the field for 1 play at Nebraska i believe, but that's all i can remember seeing him on the field outside of special teams; just would like to see the local kid get more playing time when the outcome is no longer in doubt

tulsaoilerfan
11/16/2009, 05:10 PM
Why is it that we win 65-10 and we can't enjoy it without questioning every little decision the coaches make?

I'm serious, what will make you people happy?

In light of all the other starters having been pulled on the defensive side of the ball it's a legit question; why do some of you insist on defending every thing the coaches do? Please pass me the kool aid

Jello Biafra
11/16/2009, 05:15 PM
In light of all the other starters having been pulled on the defensive side of the ball it's a legit question; why do some of you insist on defending every thing the coaches do? Please pass me the kool aid

because its the resposibility of the coaching staff to make sure each and every one of these kids reaches their full potential. if some of those kids are playing well but not quite there yet, they need to stay on the field. i personally think jones needs to be on the feild EVERY SINGLE DOWN regardless of the score. same goes for some of the defensive players. later in the game, especially down big time, those offenses will be throwing mucho...if there are some suspect linebackers and lineman vs the passing game, what more pressure would you want than being up big and keeping the other team from scoring at all?

rawlingsHOH
11/16/2009, 05:15 PM
he gets in regularly on running plays? I guess i have missed that all year; i do recall him being on the field for 1 play at Nebraska i believe, but that's all i can remember seeing him on the field outside of special teams; just would like to see the local kid get more playing time when the outcome is no longer in doubt
He played a ton against Idaho. Other than that his reps have been minimal.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 05:20 PM
tulsaoilerfan is the exact person I've talked about on here forever.

It would suck to be him. Never happy. Ever. I'll use the same line I use on all the other bitchy whiners: "I bet you bitch when you cum."

We get it. Stoops and his staff all suck. We should fire the lot. We ****ing get it. Jeez.

soonerborn45
11/17/2009, 02:17 AM

why do you insist on criticizing every little thing? They won for heavens sake just be happy with the win. Just because Ronnell Lewis didnt get more than 30 snaps you're b*tching. just be happy with a freaking 65 - 10 victory you little whinebag.

MeMyself&Me
11/17/2009, 08:04 AM
One of the dumber things I've ever heard.

Actually, I remember BV saying pretty much the same thing to defend one of the starters running back a turnover for a touchdown late in the 77-0 aTm romp a few years back. Not that it makes the statement any smarter.

StoopTroup
11/17/2009, 08:21 AM
When you pull your starters...doesn't the other Team tend to pull theirs too?

So...when you put in your backups...they are playing backups....not starters.

Now...a smart Coach like Stoops...continues to play his boys just like he would in a close game and slot in backups here and there to give them real PT and isolate them on tape so the Coaches can work on them.

Now...I'm no Coach...but I'm pretty sure that's what I would do if I was.

Just another way to maybe look at it?

TOF....the game is always changing and doing things like pulling your starters isn't always going to be the right thing to do.

Trust in Stoops.