PDA

View Full Version : Former Trojan Great Anthony Davis

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2009, 11:19 AM
What a scumbag. USC has really turned out some real winners over the years, with OJ and Charles White. Now this:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-simers15-2009nov15,0,3010229.column

THERE WAS a small table set up in front of the Coliseum, a cover from a new book to be released by Anthony Davis, and Davis nearby signing autographs. This time he wasn't charging for them.

A year ago he was offering his autograph to Trojans fans at $10 a signature, turning away a youngster who had no cash.

It was a pathetic scene, Davis dressed in a loud suit with a huge Nike swoosh across his back, still trying to make hay from his exploits against Notre Dame more than 30 years ago.

At the time he claimed all the money he was making from his autograph was going to the "Anthony Davis Foundation."

"I put six kids through school who otherwise couldn't afford to go to school," Davis claimed a year ago, while even producing a picture of the kids. "I wouldn't be out here without a reason."

None of those kids ever stepped forward after challenged to do so by Page 2, and now one year later Davis says it's come to his attention the Anthony Davis Foundation was bogus.

He also says he has no idea what happened to all the money he raised while hawking his autograph.

"What I was doing was right," he maintains, "but I didn't know about the other side. That was bad. That was my mistake."

Leonard Wayne is publisher and financier of "If My Nike's Could Talk," Davis' book to be released Dec. 5. (Apparently, according to the title, only one of AD's shoes talks to him.) Wayne says he recently sent a letter to the foundation operator asking that Davis' name no longer be used.

"No more selling autographs," Wayne says. "We have [Davis] doing things the right way now."

I was going to ask where the proceeds from the new book will be going, but I have a pretty good idea.

kevpks
11/15/2009, 11:27 AM
It's pretty sad he can pull a stunt like this and not even be up for discussion as biggest embarrassment for the program.

stoopified
11/15/2009, 11:30 AM
What a scumbag. USC has really turned out some real winners over the years, with OJ and Charles White. Now this:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-simers15-2009nov15,0,3010229.column

THERE WAS a small table set up in front of the Coliseum, a cover from a new book to be released by Anthony Davis, and Davis nearby signing autographs. This time he wasn't charging for them.

A year ago he was offering his autograph to Trojans fans at $10 a signature, turning away a youngster who had no cash.

It was a pathetic scene, Davis dressed in a loud suit with a huge Nike swoosh across his back, still trying to make hay from his exploits against Notre Dame more than 30 years ago.

At the time he claimed all the money he was making from his autograph was going to the "Anthony Davis Foundation."

"I put six kids through school who otherwise couldn't afford to go to school," Davis claimed a year ago, while even producing a picture of the kids. "I wouldn't be out here without a reason."

None of those kids ever stepped forward after challenged to do so by Page 2, and now one year later Davis says it's come to his attention the Anthony Davis Foundation was bogus.

He also says he has no idea what happened to all the money he raised while hawking his autograph.

"What I was doing was right," he maintains, "but I didn't know about the other side. That was bad. That was my mistake."

Leonard Wayne is publisher and financier of "If My Nike's Could Talk," Davis' book to be released Dec. 5. (Apparently, according to the title, only one of AD's shoes talks to him.) Wayne says he recently sent a letter to the foundation operator asking that Davis' name no longer be used.

"No more selling autographs," Wayne says. "We have [Davis] doing things the right way now."

I was going to ask where the proceeds from the new book will be going, but I have a pretty good idea.As far as I am concerned all Trojans are Spawn of Satan BUT why is Davis pimping his autograph any different than Jamelle pimping his pic and sig at OU games?

badger
11/15/2009, 11:39 AM
As far as I am concerned all Trojans are Spawn of Satan BUT why is Davis pimping his autograph any different than Jamelle pimping his pic and sig at OU games?

I dunno... is Jamelle claiming that his autograph proceeds are going to a phony foundation to benefit the educations of children that don't exist, also?

OU-HSV
11/15/2009, 11:51 AM
What a sack of sh*t

the_ouskull
11/15/2009, 12:34 PM
No, there's not any question with Jamelle. All proceeds from his signing go directly to the "Jamelle Hollieway Child Supoort and Bail Fund." MAN, he could run, though...

the_ouskull

stoopified
11/15/2009, 12:42 PM
I dunno... is Jamelle claiming that his autograph proceeds are going to a phony foundation to benefit the educations of children that don't exist, also?That is what happens when you are legaly blind and attempt to skim an article.I missed the part about the phony charity.

ouwapiti
11/15/2009, 12:46 PM
sounds suspiciously like george costanza's "human fund' !!!!

bringit
11/15/2009, 03:49 PM
I guess I would have to google Anthony Davis since I have no idea who this "great" is. Sounds dooshy though.

Jacie
11/15/2009, 04:39 PM
I guess I would have to google Anthony Davis since I have no idea who this "great" is. Sounds dooshy though.

If you'd been old enough to watch football back in the day, you would remember when he scored 6 touchdowns against Notre Dame . . .

Flagstaffsooner
11/15/2009, 04:44 PM
It's pretty sad he can pull a stunt like this and not even be up for discussion as biggest embarrassment for the program.
Good comedy right here.:D

SteelClip49
11/16/2009, 01:52 AM
Not all former Trojans are scum.

Lynn Swann is as classy as they can get.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2009, 02:40 AM
A Republican to boot.

47straight
11/16/2009, 12:10 PM
I've got no problem with a former player making a little extra money signing whatever.

Just don't lie and say that the money's for the kids.

badger
11/16/2009, 12:13 PM
That is what happens when you are legaly blind and attempt to skim an article.I missed the part about the phony charity.

I am not trying to start anything, but I said that because I read this:

ictsooner7
11/16/2009, 05:46 PM
A Republican to boot.

Like he said.....all trojans are scum.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2009, 09:49 PM
That wasn't even close to being creative.