PDA

View Full Version : All You Murray Haters...

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2009, 10:56 PM
...Can STFU now right?

gaylordfan1
11/14/2009, 10:59 PM
Yes, enough said.

the_sooners_abide
11/14/2009, 10:59 PM
Who hates Murray? Him, Broyles, and Miller are our only viable weapons on offense...and Patty O'Hara

spatton713
11/14/2009, 11:01 PM
i dunno anyone who hates murray hes a stud

gaylordfan1
11/14/2009, 11:03 PM
this thread goes way back questioning who is better.... Murray or Brown. CA is just confirming his opinion. Murray did look slow in that 45 long run... but it was a TD!

olevetonahill
11/14/2009, 11:05 PM
****in red nOObs need to just STFU :pop:

gaylordfan1
11/14/2009, 11:07 PM
****in red nOObs need to just STFU :pop:

nicely said.... agreed.

goingoneight
11/14/2009, 11:11 PM
this thread goes way back questioning who is better.... Murray or Brown. CA is just confirming his opinion. Murray did look slow in that 45 long run... but it was a TD!

It's called patience... if you run like a bull in a China shop, that play goes nowhere past the first tackler.

Okie35
11/14/2009, 11:11 PM
Who hates Murray? Him, Broyles, and Miller are our only viable weapons on offense...and Patty O'Hara

HAHHAAHAHAHAHA Patty is a superior athlete.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2009, 11:12 PM
There have been MANY here bashing Murray for over a year and yet he consitently makes the big plays. I don't have anything against Bown and I love the guy. Our entire TB corps is amazing.

Okie35
11/14/2009, 11:15 PM
It's called patience... if you run like a bull in a China shop, that play goes nowhere past the first tackler.

No he did look slightly slow honestly but then again he has lost some of his speed after his injuries. To me there really isn't a best back out of Brown and Murray they both compliment each other. Jeremie Calhoun will be a great back next year. Hopefully Miller will be in the rotation more too.

gaylordfan1
11/14/2009, 11:16 PM

Man, I know. Murray has totally changed from a shifty runner to a bulldozer! I kinda like the change. You have to run tough with this o-line. I've always been a Murray supporter myself.

mightysooner
I don't know of any Murray haters either.

goingoneight
Miller is nursing a sore ankle I hear. Sucks for him, but he IS #3 or 4 on the depth chart afterall.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2009, 11:17 PM
I love the guy...He can either bulldoze or act shifty.

Okie35
11/14/2009, 11:20 PM
Man, I know. Murray has totally changed from a shifty runner to a bulldozer! I kinda like the change. You have to run tough with this o-line. I've always been a Murray supporter myself.

Murray has always ran people over when he had the chance. You don't remember his freshman year when he put his head down and knocked the helmet off a North Texas player.

CrimsonJim
11/14/2009, 11:33 PM

No he did look slightly slow honestly but then again he has lost some of his speed after his injuries. To me there really isn't a best back out of Brown and Murray they both compliment each other. Jeremie Calhoun will be a great back next year. Hopefully Miller will be in the rotation more too.

I could be mistaken, but I believe he still has a 4.4 40 time.

mightysooner
11/14/2009, 11:35 PM

He sure doesn't look it. Will be interesting to see what his combine score is in the 40. Looks like a 4.5 guy to me.

Okie35
11/14/2009, 11:39 PM

Probably around 4.5 now like mightysooner said.

Curly Bill
11/14/2009, 11:39 PM
He may be reported as a 4.4 guy now by the coaching staff, but I bet he's not.

goingoneight
11/14/2009, 11:44 PM
He may be reported as a 4.4 guy now by the coaching staff, but I bet he's not.

Same thing with Brown. He's been run down more times than not this year.

Curly Bill
11/14/2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I don't think either of them are 4.4 guys.

Thing is: 4.4 is faster than hell, and there just isn't that many of those guys around, at least not near as many as are reported.

True 4.4 and under guys are the exception.

rawlingsHOH
I love Murray as a receiver.

mightysooner
Neither of those two have elite speed. They're both power backs.

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2009, 11:58 PM

Brown's a slasher - has never been a power back. I also serious doubt the 210lbs they list CB at.

I didn't know there were any Murray haters - at least not from our fan base. I'm not convinced he comes back next year if he feels he can shine at the combines. With his receiving abilities and size, he would get drafted and not sure he could improve his stock a huge amount by coming back.

mightysooner
11/15/2009, 12:01 AM
When has Brown ever been a slasher? He's always been a north/south runner as far as I can recall and doesn't have the speed to get to the outside. He's not elusive. He's always seemed like a power I back to me.

rawlingsHOH
11/15/2009, 12:03 AM
Brown's a slasher - has never been a power back. I also serious doubt the 210lbs they list CB at.

I know he's about 10 pounds lighter than last season.

delhalew
11/15/2009, 12:12 AM
Murray has great vision. When gets some blocks he is dangerous. I really like the way he's been finishing lately.

ocsooner
11/15/2009, 12:15 AM

I wasn't there, but on TV he did look slow. Then again, so did Gresham. It's hard to tell on TV.

I will say, he really turned it on after he crossed the field and saw the endzone 30 yards away.

I really loved watching people bounce off him tonight.

And, for the record, I'm not a Murray hater.

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2009, 12:22 AM
When has Brown ever been a slasher? He's always been a north/south runner as far as I can recall and doesn't have the speed to get to the outside. He's not elusive. He's always seemed like a power I back to me.

People say he is a power back, but watch him - he doesn't break tackles and he doesn't run over people or drag them for extra yards. Where's the power? He does do his damage between the tackles because he is patient and has good vision and *is* elusive. He make subtle moves and sets up blocks well and frustrates defenders - not the break-their-ankles type of elusive.

sooner59
11/15/2009, 12:25 AM
People say he is a power back, but watch him - he doesn't break tackles and he doesn't run over people or drag them for extra yards. Where's the power? He does do his damage between the tackles because he is patient and has good vision and *is* elusive. He make subtle moves and sets up blocks well and frustrates defenders - not the break-their-ankles type of elusive.

This.

Curly Bill
11/15/2009, 12:26 AM
Calhoun appears to be more the power back.

CrimsonJim
11/15/2009, 12:26 AM

That. ^^^

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2009, 12:31 AM
Calhoun appears to be more the power back.

^This and that :) Calhoun has that "lean" I love to see in power backs. It looks like his wrapped up and just leans into the tackler and moves another yard or 3. I've been waiting for him to get enough carries in a game to settle in and start seeing the field. Him and Nelson are going to be that classic lighting and thunder.

VA Sooner
11/15/2009, 12:33 AM
Looked good tonight. Can the o-line help make gaps next week against Texas Tech?

Depends on who's left on the roster. Is Tyler Evans out?

Still a lot of false starts.

tnraider1
11/15/2009, 01:24 AM
Murray has always looked slow to me, even before the injuries, but when was the last time you saw him chased down from behind? It must be his running style, he just always looks like he's in cruise control.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/15/2009, 01:46 AM
i still think he has a ways to go before he believes how fast he is. he's still looking back at defenders like they are going to catch him.

sooner59
11/15/2009, 02:02 AM
Murray has always looked slow to me, even before the injuries, but when was the last time you saw him chased down from behind? It must be his running style, he just always looks like he's in cruise control.

In the 2007 OU-texas game, I was 20 yardline row 6, and when he jumped over J.J. Finley and smoked Cedric Griffin for a TD......he looked pretty damn fast. Just sayin.

gaylordfan1
11/15/2009, 03:00 AM
Murray will be back next season!!!!!!! I have no doubt. I think he wants to be the best back Oklahoma has ever seen. At least thats what he said.

kelloggOUballa
11/15/2009, 03:07 AM
I'm pretty sure he outran the entire ATM defense on the long TD run tonight. And I would say he's right at 4.4. Before the injuries/gained weight, I think he was a 4.3 guy. He was straight lightning.

IronHorseSooner
11/15/2009, 08:26 AM
Murray has always ran people over when he had the chance. You don't remember his freshman year when he put his head down and knocked the helmet off a North Texas player.

I think that was against Baylor. He juked like 2 guys, then he plowed right through the Baylor safety and knocked his helmet off. This was the same game as the KO return for the TD right before the end of the 1st half.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2009, 10:25 AM
TEAM MURRAY!!!!

Okie35
11/15/2009, 11:22 AM

Brown had elite speed when he won state in hurdles in Louisiana.

Okie35
11/15/2009, 11:25 AM
I think that was against Baylor. He juked like 2 guys, then he plowed right through the Baylor safety and knocked his helmet off. This was the same game as the KO return for the TD right before the end of the 1st half.

It was Baylor. Funny thing was I was going to say either Baylor or NT but I thought it was earlier in the season. I had to check up on it and yea you're right.

Soonerwake
11/15/2009, 11:54 AM
I hate Eddie Murray. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=eddie+murray&FORM=BIFD#focal=421fee85e9d601d7052b5f71b514fe8b&furl=http%3A%2F%2Fbushlibrary.tamu.edu%2Fexhibits% 2F2008-born_to_play_ball%2Fphotos%2Fmurray_eddie.jpg
:D

Love Demarco Murray. But, he was not 4.4 fast last night. Fast enough though.

JLEW1818
11/15/2009, 12:23 PM
DM looked great. Looks like he is getting a little faster. I'd still bet a bill, that he runs over a 4.5 at the combine. I'm sure he will be back at school tho. Just a reminder nic Harris ran a 4.85......

badger
11/17/2009, 02:44 PM
I think he's coming back.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091117_92_0_NORMAN370316)

Jello Biafra
11/17/2009, 02:51 PM

what bout Ahmad Kabba???

Jello Biafra
11/17/2009, 03:02 PM

vision??? really?!?!? we are talking about the same back that more times than not, runs into his own players right? i would call that a power back...at least mentally.

calhoun seems to be more of the peterson type back...hits the hole hard then makes a move. the only time he tries to bull people is when he gets cornered. we will be talking about calhoun in the same tone as AD one day...

Snyder Cyclone
11/17/2009, 03:13 PM
I don't really know if he could run a sub 4.5 forty.

JLEW1818
11/17/2009, 04:04 PM
I think he's coming back.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091117_92_0_NORMAN370316)

he needs to

he would not be in the top 5 rounds

i don't think

MamaMia
11/17/2009, 04:06 PM
There have been MANY here bashing Murray for over a year and yet he consitently makes the big plays. I don't have anything against Bown and I love the guy. Our entire TB corps is amazing. Who are all these people bashing Murray? Granted I don't come close to reading all the posts on here but I've never read any post bashing him. Link[s] please? :pop:

texas bandman
11/17/2009, 04:12 PM
I love Murray, but why are we talking about the Mary Tyler Moore Show on the football board?

:D
fwiw I am DM's biggest fan

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2009, 06:38 PM
vision??? really?!?!? we are talking about the same back that more times than not, runs into his own players right? i would call that a power back...at least mentally.

calhoun seems to be more of the peterson type back...hits the hole hard then makes a move. the only time he tries to bull people is when he gets cornered. we will be talking about calhoun in the same tone as AD one day...

You can't convince me that CB is a power back until he displays some power. If you say he runs into his own players, then you think he is just a poor back. I don't think that is the case, but I do think he relies more on effective blocking than say, DM, and it he is not getting a lot of that this year. DM is bigger and stronger than CB and has adjusted his style to run over people more this year knowing there are fewer holes. I can't see comparing Calhoun to AD, but he is definitely a power back. Remember, AD was in the line-up his true FR year and caused other backs to transfer out. Calhoun hasn't seen much action yet in his RS FR year. No hit on Calhoun, there just are not many ADs out there.