PDA

View Full Version : Officiating...

rawlingsHOH
11/14/2009, 08:13 PM
Negatives...
Punt catch interference on Broyles, even caused a fumble, no call.
Offensive pass interference, BLATANT, flagged, then waived off.
A holding flag, again picked up, no explanation.
Catch ruled on the field when he was clearly bobbling it. (replay corrected)
A false start, they gave A&M 3 chances before finally flagging it.
Offensive PI, push off by Fuller on the TD, no call.
TD catch wasn't reviewed even though it was very close to bobble/sideline.
Personal foul on Clayton. ?
A hold on Good. Not even CLOSE to a hold.
Phantom false start on Ratterree. It never occurred.

Breaks....
Facemask that was missed on the fumble.

rawlingsHOH
11/14/2009, 09:01 PM
Game gets lopsided and calls magically get better.

soonerinabilene
11/14/2009, 10:10 PM
its not a complete saturday on soonerfans until you make your weekly b*tch thread, is it?

rawlingsHOH
11/14/2009, 10:46 PM
Sorry, the officiating was horrendous the first 20 minutes of the game.

delhalew
11/14/2009, 11:12 PM
Officiating is awful everywhere. I'm sick of it. Until those who make decisions are sick of it, it don't matter.

Celebration penalty needs to be done away with. Let the kids get exited. Play with emotion.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2009, 11:13 PM
Officiating is awful everywhere. I'm sick of it. Until those who make decisions are sick of it, it don't matter.

Celebration penalty needs to be done away with. Let the kids get exited. Play with emotion.

Yep...Refs suck and nothing is changing in that regard.

soonerborn45
11/15/2009, 12:11 AM
Negatives...
Punt catch interference on Broyles, even caused a fumble, no call.
Offensive pass interference, BLATANT, flagged, then waived off.
A holding flag, again picked up, no explanation.
Catch ruled on the field when he was clearly bobbling it. (replay corrected)
A false start, they gave A&M 3 chances before finally flagging it.
Offensive PI, push off by Fuller on the TD, no call.
TD catch wasn't reviewed even though it was very close to bobble/sideline.
Personal foul on Clayton. ?
A hold on Good. Not even CLOSE to a hold.
Phantom false start on Ratterree. It never occurred.

Breaks....
Facemask that was missed on the fumble.

Really though winning 65 to 10 is not enough? Oh yeah and half of those calls you listed were the correct calls. The fuller TD was nothing illegal. Jackson tripped on his own feet. Seriously why are you complaining about officiating in a 55 point win?

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2009, 12:17 AM
Officiating shouldn't be grading shouldn't be dependent on outcome - I assume the league grades each game? I too, thought is was not a great game by the refs - but not lop-sided. Both team drew a bunch of ticky-tack calls that really shouldn't have been called.

sooner59
11/15/2009, 12:40 AM
I hate those yellow towel things those zebra-looking folks can't seem to hold on to. Everytime one of them drops theirs, they forget where to spot the ball and we end up further away from a 1st down. They think we are distracted by the yellow flags and we don't notice the ball being moved. I have news for them......I noticed. And I think this thing goes straight to the top. Its a conspiracy.

And I think Bobby Bowden may have something to do with it.

delhalew
11/15/2009, 12:43 AM
Bowden's too damn senile to know he's about be run out of town. I think you better look elsewhere.

ocsooner
11/15/2009, 12:46 AM
I hate those yellow towel things those zebra-looking folks can't seem to hold on to. Everytime one of them drops theirs, they forget where to spot the ball and we end up further away from a 1st down. They think we are distracted by the yellow flags and we don't notice the ball being moved. I have news for them......I noticed. And I think this thing goes straight to the top. Its a conspiracy.

And I think Bobby Bowden may have something to do with it.

I know I seem to go all weird when I see them drop one. Bet if they took some alergy medicine before the game, they wouldn't have to use them so much.

sooner59
11/15/2009, 01:14 AM
Bowden's too damn senile to know he's about be run out of town. I think you better look elsewhere.

:mack: ?

[hairGel] ?

:les: ?

Who is it then?!?!

swardboy
11/15/2009, 08:31 AM
I blame Venables !!!!

mehip
11/15/2009, 09:43 AM
Not bitching about it but, that was indeed some pretty horrible officiating.

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2009, 10:14 AM
Let the kids get exited.

They are. Well, if the foul is flagrant enough.

rawlingsHOH
11/15/2009, 10:52 AM
Really though winning 65 to 10 is not enough? Oh yeah and half of those calls you listed were the correct calls. The fuller TD was nothing illegal. Jackson tripped on his own feet. Seriously why are you complaining about officiating in a 55 point win?

The post was made in the FIRST quarter of a 14-10 game.

Please watch it again and tell me which "half" was made correctly. And even if so, that still leave 5+ BLOWN calls in a little over 1 quarter.

It was total incompetence. I especially enjoyed the Good "hold"!

Soonerwake
11/15/2009, 11:37 AM
Saw those too, but the only one I got irritated with was the lack of blowing the play dead on an obvious offsides by V. Miller that almost got Landry killed. :mad:

soonerborn45
11/15/2009, 12:01 PM
The post was made in the FIRST quarter of a 14-10 game.

Please watch it again and tell me which "half" was made correctly. And even if so, that still leave 5+ BLOWN calls in a little over 1 quarter.

It was total incompetence. I especially enjoyed the Good "hold"!

My bad I was at the game so I didn't know when it was posted. I was overdoing it when I said half, I was just referring to the Fuller TD and the Broyles one. From where I was sitting and watching it on the jumbo screen it looked like they didn't touch him on that punt, thats just me. I do agree that some of the calls were bad but nowadays thats just going to happen and you have to accept it.

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2009, 01:36 PM
The call of the day came against ND from the replay booth. I have never seen a play like this called a fumble with the QB's arm in motion - not at the college or pro level. Plus it was called incomplete on the field, so it required "indisputable evidence" - I thought is was indisputable the other way. To compound things, they had to invoke the new ruling of a clear fumble recovery immediately following the play. In this case, there were 2 refs near the ball blowing whistles and waving incomplete and most players on the field *clearly* stopped playing as the ball lay on the ground. I'm no ND fan and have been sort of pulling for Pitt this year. ND would have been in a tough situation anyway at 4th and 15, but the call ended the game and was just not acceptable.

bluedogok
11/15/2009, 10:04 PM
Game gets lopsided and calls magically get better.
The officials start handicapping ...

Officiating is what has turned me off on basketball, pro or college. Football seems to be getting worse but I don't know how much of that is just more exposure to bad calls with the use of more HD cameras than we used to see...but really, the officials can't completely dominate a game like they can in basketball.

Yeah, it isn't like they are acting like the 80's era Miami players anymore.

MamaMia
11/16/2009, 01:36 AM
Bobby Bowden is a creep.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2009, 01:39 AM
Bowden has paid his respects to our program many times. I have no problem with him.

sooner59
11/16/2009, 02:01 AM
Bowden has paid his respects to our program many times. I have no problem with him.

Nah, after seeing Bowden voting us 5-10 spots lower than the majority of coaches in the polls over the years, I just write him off as angry at us for 2000 and senile. He doesn't respect it near as much now after we kept him from a title....and that is just weak sauce.