PDA

View Full Version : Uhhh... WTF?

tommieharris91
11/14/2009, 01:32 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/356/oflag.jpg
Apparently this was taken in Mississippi.

LosAngelesSooner
11/14/2009, 01:57 PM
http://www.anatomorphex.com/picts/shatter/FX013_PRINT.jpg

KABOOKIE
11/15/2009, 02:15 AM
That should be against the law.

How dare they disgrace THE Stars and Bars.

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2009, 02:46 AM
That should be against the law.

How dare they disgrace THE Stars and Bars.

This.

(Except that isn't the Stars and Bars)

This is the Stars and Bars:
http://www.sos.georgia.gov/archives/museum/images/flag_1861-1863.jpg

swardboy
11/15/2009, 08:50 AM
A true son of the south......

.....south side Chicago.

Flagstaffsooner
11/15/2009, 09:17 AM
Makes me sick.

MR2-Sooner86
11/15/2009, 11:54 AM
Classic!

:pop:

soonerbrat
11/15/2009, 05:58 PM
you would delete it...'cept you don't have the power.

KABOOKIE
11/15/2009, 06:38 PM
WOAH! What an INCREDIBLY racist thing to say.

Dude...I would delete your post ASAP.

Holy ****.

Why are you against freedom of speech. Commie much?

proud gonzo
11/15/2009, 08:13 PM
i don't really understand what those flags are trying to say anyway. Who cares?

Harry Beanbag
11/15/2009, 08:42 PM
i don't really understand what those flags are trying to say anyway.

Me either.

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2009, 09:07 PM
I don't exactly get it either, but I do know more than a few of my fellow SCV members who are Democrats and proudly voted Obama.

I know a couple in the UDC as well.

SteelClip49
11/16/2009, 01:58 AM
Confederate flags reek of fecal matter.

GottaHavePride
11/16/2009, 02:02 AM
Yeah, I removed that post. HUGELY racist, and no two ways to interpret that.

However, I don't see the Obama flag thing as immediately racist. Could just be Southerners actually expressing support for Obama. I don't see that as a big deal.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 02:03 AM
Stalker stalks me so much that he steals the pic I posted and uses it as an avvie?

You want something to remember me by at all times, eh? ;)

proud gonzo
11/16/2009, 02:12 AM
The First Amendment protects someone's right to express his opinion about a statement as much as it protects someone else's right to make a statement in the first place.

Just because people have the right to say anything they want doesn't mean they should. It also doesn't mean they won't look like dicks for doing so.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I know how it all works.

lexsooner
11/16/2009, 09:54 AM

It's not a freedom of speech issue - this is not a public forum regulated by the government. This is a privately-owned website, so they can do whatever they want. In this case, they did the right thing and deleted that post.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 09:54 AM
Heh. Look at PG posting in a political thread.

As for the flags? Meh. I don't get it. As for the Sambo post? I don't see it any differently than the idiots who put Bush up as Alfred E. Neuman from MAD.

As a child, we ate at Sambo's restaurant often. And if you darkened Obama's skin a little, he'd look like the Sambo character. People that are screaming "racism" on this deal (even though I think the original post was steeped in racism) are off base. When does it become racism to compare a black to a black? Enlighten me.

badger
11/16/2009, 10:02 AM
This.

(Except that isn't the Stars and Bars)

This is the Stars and Bars:
http://www.sos.georgia.gov/archives/museum/images/flag_1861-1863.jpg

People that still wave the Confederate flag might find that waving this one instead would stir up a lot less controversy, since it isn't as recognizable.

I am not sure what to make of the Obama flags.

SteelClip49
11/16/2009, 10:12 AM
SicEm...you do realize that flag has no merit. If you think it has any merit today then you are way more delusional than I thought.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 10:13 AM
What do you mean by "merit?"

GottaHavePride
11/16/2009, 10:21 AM
Sambo - in the story - was supposed to be southern Indian. In fact, the story itself is a good story about an Indian boy who outsmarts a pack of tigers, and not racist a bit.

What WAS racist about it was the illustrations in it that depicted Sambo as a blackface caricature. Because of that, "Sambo" has been a racial slur since the 30s. Using that name to refer to President Obama? Really damn racist.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 10:29 AM
OK. I'll buy that. Sorta. So the guy who drew the pics way back in the 1920's or 30's painted him black because he was a racist? How do you know this? And when we ate at Sambo's (they were famous for their pancakes) we used to walk around and look at all the pictures in the restaurant that told the Sambo story. You could follow them around and see the whole thing. Pretty cool. And pretty not racist.

Also, explain to me why it's OK and funny to do Bush as Alfred E Neuman. And how it's not OK to do Brack as Curious George. I'll agree that Bush looks a lot like Neuman, and you'll have to agree that Brack looks a lot like George. And spare me the "historically, racists say blacks = monkeys" thing.

Half a Hundred
11/16/2009, 11:10 AM
People that still wave the Confederate flag might find that waving this one instead would stir up a lot less controversy, since it isn't as recognizable.

And that's the point. They aren't displaying the flag to celebrate their Southern heritage. Otherwise, I wouldn't see the yahoos in New Jersey with it on their trucks.

Someone trying to make a quick buck. Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

Half a Hundred
11/16/2009, 11:26 AM
OK. I'll buy that. Sorta. So the guy who drew the pics way back in the 1920's or 30's painted him black because he was a racist? How do you know this? And when we ate at Sambo's (they were famous for their pancakes) we used to walk around and look at all the pictures in the restaurant that told the Sambo story. You could follow them around and see the whole thing. Pretty cool. And pretty not racist.

Sambo was an ethnic slur for blacks all the way back to Civil War days. The same sorts of slurs used for Africans were used by European colonists for dark-skinned people all over the world (particularly Southern Indians and Australian Aborigines).

Meanwhile, when the book was imported to the US, the illustrations were changed from those of a typical Southern Indian to the "darky" blackface image we know of nowadays. Not knowing the racist implications of that iconography at that time to would be like not knowing today that a hammer and sickle implied anti-capitalism.

The book: not racist toward Africans, typically condescending of the day toward the "wogs". The name and imagery: really racist.

Also, explain to me why it's OK and funny to do Bush as Alfred E Neuman. And how it's not OK to do Brack as Curious George. I'll agree that Bush looks a lot like Neuman, and you'll have to agree that Brack looks a lot like George. And spare me the "historically, racists say blacks = monkeys" thing.

Neuman - foolish and silly looking
Curious George - less than human

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 11:33 AM
Like anything else, it's "racist" if it's intended to be.

So people are pissed about Curious George/Brack cause George is less than human? All the people I've heard bitching about it was because it was racist. Y'all need to pick one chunk of silliness and stick with it.

Half a Hundred
11/16/2009, 11:41 AM
Like anything else, it's "racist" if it's intended to be.

So people are pissed about Curious George/Brack cause George is less than human? All the people I've heard bitching about it was because it was racist. Y'all need to pick one chunk of silliness and stick with it.

It's racist because George's not human, just as dominant society once considered black people to be.

Most racism in this country is of the unintentional sort. So are most exercises of prejudice and bias.

soonerbrat
11/16/2009, 02:00 PM
I don't exactly get it either, but I do know more than a few of my fellow SCV members who are Democrats and proudly voted Obama.

do you know any in the KKK?

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 02:21 PM
Heh. Look at PG posting in a political thread.

As for the flags? Meh. I don't get it. As for the Sambo post? I don't see it any differently than the idiots who put Bush up as Alfred E. Neuman from MAD.

As a child, we ate at Sambo's restaurant often. And if you darkened Obama's skin a little, he'd look like the Sambo character. People that are screaming "racism" on this deal (even though I think the original post was steeped in racism) are off base. When does it become racism to compare a black to a black? Enlighten me.Last I heard you guys were claiming that he was half-white. :rolleyes:

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 02:24 PM
Stalker stalks me so much that he steals the pic I posted and uses it as an avvie?

You want something to remember me by at all times, eh? ;)

Why yes. If there ever was a picture of your posting style, THAT would be it.

Plus, I get enough negs from you daily to remember you.

And remember… You sign each neg with “asdf.” A Stalking Dumb ****.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 02:26 PM

HOLY ****...I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE TO ESSPLAIN THIS:

Alfred E. Newman = Goofy White Guy who looks like a caricature of George W. Bush.
George W. Bush = Goofy White Guy who looks like a caricature of Alfred E. Newman.

Curious George = A small monkey owned by a white man in a yellow suit.
President Obama = A Hawaii raised, half black/half white, tall, thin man owned by pharmaceutical lobbyists.

------

Oh, and by the way: historically, racists say blacks = monkeys.

Guess what that makes you?

****ing...reh...diculous. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 02:27 PM
Why yes. If there ever was a picture of your posting style, THAT would be it.

Plus, I get enough negs from you daily to remember you.

And remember… You sign each neg with “asdf.” A Stalking Dumb ****.Quit stalking me and making ridiculously dumb posts and I'll quit negging your ***. *shrug*

Or don't. Makes no difference to me.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 02:36 PM
There was someone in the stadium yelling “Come on Sambo! Throw it deep!!!”

I overhead some lady say, “I’m sure that redneck does not know that Sambo is racist.” I looked behind me to find out the “redneck” yelling Sambo was black.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 02:40 PM
Quit stalking me and making ridiculously dumb posts and I'll quit negging your ***. *shrug*

Or don't. Makes no difference to me.

This would be true if you weren’t negging post that had nothing to do with you…… ASDF.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 02:43 PM
<----see avatar.

Alfred E. Newman = Goofy White Guy who looks like a caricature of George W. Bush.
George W. Bush = Goofy White Guy who looks like a caricature of Alfred E. Newman.

President Obama = A Hawaii raised, half black/half white, tall, thin man owned by pharmaceutical lobbyists.

------

Sorry, all I heard was….

Making fun of white people is funny.
Making fun of black people is racist.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 02:45 PM

------

So, because I think your saviour looks like Curious George (and he does) it makes me a racist huh? That's like saying since you live in LA, you're a cum-guzzling fag.

Wait...

badger
11/16/2009, 02:54 PM
In the sake of fairness, W. has been depicted as a monkey man a lot. Here is an Internet fodder version of this:
http://www.globalpov.com/images/bush-monkey.jpg

I think Bush has been depicted as a monkey the same reasons (primarily) that Barack is - because he has big ears and people disagree with his politics. That's all.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 02:56 PM
THAT's RACIST!!!1!!

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 02:57 PM
But, but, it's racist when you do that to Barak because of the historical use of it against people of color. :rolleyes:

NormanPride
11/16/2009, 02:58 PM
In what world does President Obama look like Curious George? Am I thinking of a different cartoon monkey?

Half a Hundred
11/16/2009, 02:59 PM
<----see avatar.

Sorry, all I heard was….

Making fun of black people is racist.

Comparing Bush to Neuman - the humor in no way arises from his race
Comparing Obama to Curious George - the humor at least in part does arise from his race

See the difference?

badger
11/16/2009, 03:00 PM
Comparing Obama to Curious George - the humor at least in part does arise from his race

The humor? Who said it's funny? Are you implying that racist jokes are funny?

(had to turn the tables on you a little because you seem set on your argument being right, when in fact your argument sounds just as "wrong")

sooneron
11/16/2009, 03:02 PM

Was that in the "psst, they won't think we're bigots if..." newsletter?

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 03:03 PM

See the difference?

So you're saying Brack is a monkey?

You people are weird.

JohnnyMack
11/16/2009, 03:08 PM
Here's a challenge for one of you white folks to undertake. Address the next 25 black people you see as "sambo" and let me know how that works out for you.

If you don't understand the racial connotations of that epithet, you're either ignorant or a liar.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 03:09 PM

See the difference?

Yes.

Making fun of white people - Funny. No humor because of race
Making fun of black people - Racist. All attempts at humor are because of their race.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 03:12 PM
Here's a challenge for one of you white folks to undertake. Address the next 25 black people you see as "sambo" and let me know how that works out for you.

If you don't understand the racial connotations of that epithet, you're either ignorant or a liar.

I’m suddenly reminded of a Kentucky Fried Movie scene….

sooneron
11/16/2009, 03:13 PM
I think some of this may be because white people haven't been compared to <humans for about 450 years now. I've never heard of a white guy being called a chimp or gorilla.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 03:13 PM

There's a hundred things we aren't allowed to call black folks.

Tell me Mr. Negro Apologist, what aren't we allowed to call white folks?

The rub here is the double standard.

Half a Hundred
11/16/2009, 03:15 PM
The humor? Who said it's funny? Are you implying that racist jokes are funny?

(had to turn the tables on you a little because you seem set on your argument being right, when in fact your argument sounds just as "wrong")

Many people think racist jokes are funny. They wouldn't tell them if they didn't.

Still doesn't make them any less racist.

So you're saying Brack is a monkey?

You people are weird.

Past is prologue, friend. Just because you might not like something having other implications, doesn't mean you're allowed to get around those implications.

Yes.

Making fun of white people - Funny. No humor because of race
Making fun of black people - Racist. All attempts at humor are because of their race.

Attempts at humor based on their race certainly are. For example - teleprompter jokes are not racist.

Half a Hundred
11/16/2009, 03:18 PM

Who said you're not allowed to call them such things? Sure, you'll likely face social consequences, but no one's stopping you from calling black people racial epithets. Freedom of speech, and all.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 03:21 PM
OK, let me get this straight. A comedian like Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock or a thousand other black comedians tells whitey jokes all night and it's a crack up. Good, clean humor. Besides, we all deserve it for "keeping them <human for 450 ****ing years - pssst - our country ain't that old.

The problem here is that everybody - especially the weany-wristed white liberal apologists - has their PC radar so finely tuned every thing that is said or done has racist implications. Well I mean everything said by Whitey that is.

Humor is humor. Tell an Irish, Pollack, gay, black, mexican, etc. joke and if it's funny, we should all be able to laugh at it. Unfortunately, only one group of folks is allowed to tell jokes about other ethnic groups. You know, cause they deserve to be allowed to.

Bull**** I say.

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 03:22 PM
Attempts at humor based on their race certainly are. For example - teleprompter jokes are not racist.

Nope. That is blatantly racist because everyone knows that black people have been historically made fun of the their speech deficiencies. Don’t axe me why.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 03:24 PM
Who said you're not allowed to call them such things? Sure, you'll likely face social consequences, but no one's stopping you from calling black people racial epithets. Freedom of speech, and all.

Man, you can miss the point with the best of them.

Half a Hundred
11/16/2009, 03:32 PM
OK, let me get this straight. A comedian like Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock or a thousand other black comedians tells whitey jokes all night and it's a crack up. Good, clean humor. Besides, we all deserve it for "keeping them <human for 450 ****ing years - pssst - our country ain't that old.

It's still racist humor. It's just not as offensive because there's no power behind it.

The problem here is that everybody - especially the weany-wristed white liberal apologists - has their PC radar so finely tuned every thing that is said or done has racist implications. Well I mean everything said by Whitey that is.

That's a pretty broad stroke you're taking there. I don't think you see a wide majority of liberals claiming that "Obama the Messiah" jokes are racist.

Humor is humor. Tell an Irish, Pollack, gay, black, mexican, etc. joke and if it's funny, we should all be able to laugh at it. Unfortunately, only one group of folks is allowed to tell jokes about other ethnic groups. You know, cause they deserve to be allowed to.

Bull**** I say.

You know, those people might not think it's as funny as you do. The difference is that there's very little they can do about it in the public sphere. Meanwhile, if someone says a joke that offends Middle America, O'Reilly's on the tube the next day pointing out that whoever said the joke is the debbil to 2 million people. It's only been in the past 25 years that turnabout has been fair play to Middle America when they make jokes about minorities.

Half a Hundred
11/16/2009, 03:33 PM
Man, you can miss the point with the best of them.

Am I? Is anyone stopping you from calling people those names? Or are you stopping yourself because you fear the consequences?

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 03:40 PM
No, the point is there is a double-standard and then there's a bunch of white people out there who feel they need to speak out for blacks on this issue. That, to me, is so much more racist than calling Brack Sambo. I guess you guys think they aren't smart enough to think/speak for themselves or something.

Also, I'm an equal opportunity name caller. Hell, my momma told me I was "English, Irish, ******, and Dog." The 4th grade teacher didn't think it was funny though when I did my report on "what nationality are you?" the next day at school.

People are way too sensitive about **** anymore.

JohnnyMack
11/16/2009, 03:45 PM

How about if I called you a Tebow fan? How would that make you feel?

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 03:49 PM
Tebow. Sambo. Mmmmmm.

Jello Biafra
11/16/2009, 04:03 PM

what do you mean "you white folks"???

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 04:05 PM
<----see avatar.

Sorry, all I heard was….

Making fun of black people is racist.Why am I not surprised that you were unable to see the nuance in difference and, instead, could only focus on the most simple dilution of thought available from that post? :rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
11/16/2009, 04:06 PM
what do you mean "you white folks"???

Sit down and shut up cracker. It's almost time for you to watch Mama's Family.

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 04:07 PM
So, because I think your saviour looks like Curious George (and he does) it makes me a racist huh? That's like saying since you live in LA, you're a cum-guzzling fag.

Wait...
YAY! The old "You're Gay!" insult...that isn't an insult and is merely inaccurate since I'm not bigoted against gay people.

Oh, Deano...you never fail to disappoint me by showing how simple your thought process is...:D

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 04:22 PM
Or a bacon hater?

Half a Hundred
11/16/2009, 04:31 PM
No, the point is there is a double-standard and then there's a bunch of white people out there who feel they need to speak out for blacks on this issue. That, to me, is so much more racist than calling Brack Sambo. I guess you guys think they aren't smart enough to think/speak for themselves or something.

I'm not speaking out for blacks on this issue, so don't get me wrong. I'm speaking out for "if you don't want to get labeled as a racist, don't say racist things". You're right, a black person would be much better suited for advancing the concerns of his community than I would ever be. However, consideration for those who come from different backgrounds as oneself isn't a racial issue - it's an issue of basic human decency.

Also, I'm an equal opportunity name caller. Hell, my momma told me I was "English, Irish, ******, and Dog." The 4th grade teacher didn't think it was funny though when I did my report on "what nationality are you?" the next day at school.

People are way too sensitive about **** anymore.

What makes a person too sensitive?

Jello Biafra
11/16/2009, 04:49 PM
Sit down and shut up cracker. It's almost time for you to watch Mama's Family.

why i gotta be some cracka?!?!?for the record, i prefer good times or whats happenin. that rerun just cracks me up....i bet that BOY could tear up a bowl of chittlins and greens.

Jello Biafra
11/16/2009, 04:50 PM
YAY! The old "You're Gay!" insult...that isn't an insult and is merely inaccurate since I'm not bigoted against gay people.

Oh, Deano...you never fail to disappoint me by showing how simple your thought process is...:D

we DID notice you DIDNT say your WEREN'T a cum guzzling fag....just pointing out what others were thinking...

LosAngelesSooner
11/16/2009, 04:55 PM
we DID notice you DIDNT say your WEREN'T a cum guzzling fag....just pointing out what others were thinking...
At this point do I really NEED to refute it?

I don't think so. I'm pretty damned confident in my sexuality.

badger
11/16/2009, 04:55 PM

JLEW1818
11/16/2009, 04:56 PM

KABOOKIE
11/16/2009, 04:57 PM

So are we.

Jello Biafra
11/16/2009, 04:57 PM

so you DO guzzle cum by the buckets then.

im not saying you're gay but my instincts say you carry a "European handbag" the color of yo mommas vagina...

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 05:00 PM

Gay?

Jello Biafra
11/16/2009, 05:03 PM
see there? that was a yo momma joke ON TOP OF the gay joke.....next up, racial orientation.

C&CDean
11/16/2009, 05:05 PM

Simple thought process? Are you ****ing kidding me? Getting "you're gay" out of what I typed would be simple. And stupid. And normal for you.

Read it again Mensa boy. You said I was a racist because I think he looks like George. I said that's as dumb as me saying you slobber knobs because you live in LA. Unless I'm missing something, you completely missed something.

Jello Biafra
11/16/2009, 05:10 PM
Simple thought process? Are you ****ing kidding me? Getting "you're gay" out of what I typed would be simple. And stupid. And normal for you.

Read it again Mensa boy. You said I was a racist because I think he looks like George. I said that's as dumb as me saying you slobber knobs because you live in LA. Unless I'm missing something, you completely missed something.

easy dean, i hear he likes it rough. alternating smacks with feathers and bars of sopa send him into throws o passion...

sooneron
11/16/2009, 09:17 PM
Besides, we all deserve it for "keeping them <human for 450 ****ing years - pssst - our country ain't that old.

Your knowledge of history is unsurpassed. :rolleyes:
The African slave trade, whereas it regarded the new world (psst, including what is now the USofA), began well more than 400 years ago. :rolleyes:

actually, it should be more of a head shaking smilie...

A Sooner in Texas
11/16/2009, 09:29 PM
I'm not speaking out for blacks on this issue, so don't get me wrong. I'm speaking out for "if you don't want to get labeled as a racist, don't say racist things". You're right, a black person would be much better suited for advancing the concerns of his community than I would ever be.

True, but any time a black person does speak out in trying to advance the concerns of his or her community, he or she pretty much gets slapped down as being "overly sensitive" - which is true in a lot of cases. Not so true when you're comparing a black person to a monkey, even a cartoon version.
Of course, there are racists of every color. I (as an editor of our newspaper) was called a racist by a black man a couple of weeks ago who then proceeded to tell me he "doesn't see color." Bull****.
Would it be racist to say it was an example of the pot calling the kettle black? ;)

Chuck Bao
11/16/2009, 10:29 PM
I don't get it. I don't get why anyone would feel oppressed, put down, insulted, their humanity and lives denigrated by a double standard on racial slurs. If that double standard keeps you awake at night, or rather posting on a message board, I really wonder if there are not other issues.

proud gonzo
11/16/2009, 10:44 PM
somebody asked about names you're not supposed to call white people? Here's a list of racial slurs (and plenty of them are for "white people") http://www.rsdb.org/

and I'm guessing this wouldn't be a good time to tell my stevie wonder jokes, huh?

SteelClip49
11/17/2009, 01:10 AM
the Mexican flag is better than the confed flag.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/17/2009, 01:32 AM
http://thealexislink.com/alexis/confederate_flag%20joke%20web%20pic.jpg

C&CDean
11/17/2009, 09:20 AM
I don't get it. I don't get why anyone would feel oppressed, put down, insulted, their humanity and lives denigrated by a double standard on racial slurs. If that double standard keeps you awake at night, or rather posting on a message board, I really wonder if there are not other issues.

Actually Chuck, it doesn't keep me awake at all. However, it is just another example of the current double standard on this whole race dealio. It goes way beyond the jokes/names. I ain't all excited/shook up about any of it, I just think it reeks of ........ racism? Yeah, I know, there's no such thing as racism against whites.

Half a Hundred
11/17/2009, 09:35 AM
Are you oppressed in any way by this perceived double standard? If so, how? If not, then why concern yourself with it?

SteelClip49
11/17/2009, 09:38 AM
Dean... don't get all hurt because my opinion is the same of many others. I can say what I know is valid. There are 52 flags that matter (DC and the American Flag) and the confederacy is dead.

C&CDean
11/17/2009, 09:48 AM
Dean... don't get all hurt because my opinion is the same of many others. I can say what I know is valid. There are 52 flags that matter (DC and the American Flag) and the confederacy is dead.

Oh. So now there's many others who feel the mexican flag is "better" than a former flag of several states that were/are in the union? Riiight. Well actually, you may be right. There's a whole lot of mexicans that would agree with you.

As far as the confederacy being dead, you need to take that up with Sicem. I ain't a son of the confederacy, and all my kin came from ****ing Germany and England. I ain't got a horse in that whole race.

C&CDean
11/17/2009, 09:54 AM
Are you oppressed in any way by this perceived double standard? If so, how? If not, then why concern yourself with it?

Uh, we're talking about it on a bbs. I'm offering up my opinion. Not concern with the "perceived" double standard.

Not that it matters to me personally, but I have seen the double standard directly affect lots of folks. I've seen unqualified or underqualified people get jobs and promotions simply based on quota requirements. I've seen (well not personally seen, but saw on the news) violent assaults on white people by blacks or hispanics. It's never a big deal. Let some whites beat up a black and it's Katie bar the door. Tons of punks get beat by cops. If Rodney King was a white dude, you'd never have heard of him.

There's tons of examples of the double standard. If you think it's "perceived" then you're blind or stupid. Again, this doesn't mean that in affects me personally, but however you slice it, it ain't right.

And please spare me the "we deserve it for keeping them down for 500 brazillion years" bull****.

SteelClip49
11/17/2009, 10:55 AM
I am not referring to the Mexican flag being better than the Confed flag. I just said that because the stupid flag has no merit. Many people agree with me that the confed flag is dead and doesn't serve a purpose.

My kin came from Germany and Italy, btw. Now you put me back to Green since you aren't a son of the Confederacy.

C&CDean
11/17/2009, 11:13 AM
Saying the "confed flag is dead" is just wrong. Is the original flag with 13 starts "dead?" Are all the versions of the flag leading up to our current one "dead?" It's a part of our history. If people want to wave to be a redneck, or hate it because of what they feel it represents then that's their option. However, it's very much a piece of American history, and you can't sweep it under the rug.

SteelClip49
11/17/2009, 11:21 AM
I understand it being a part of history but all the flag represents is racism or anytime I see it or hear about it, it's about rednecks or normal people having extreme hate for non-whites. It's like that all the time. Wave the flag with pride but not for pride in the sense of degrading blacks and just plain ignorant. Everytime I see that flag I see ignorance. Boy let me tell you, there is nothing more attractive than a confederate flag on a big trucker grill or a sticker on an old dead beat truck.

The early versions of the American flag are of merit and that's a good history. The confederacy is gone and what is left of it is just people seeking attention and wanting to act like they have a point, like the ACLU.

KC//CRIMSON
11/17/2009, 11:34 AM
Southern Retard Flag.

Half a Hundred
11/17/2009, 11:43 AM
Uh, we're talking about it on a bbs. I'm offering up my opinion. Not concern with the "perceived" double standard.

Not that it matters to me personally, but I have seen the double standard directly affect lots of folks. I've seen unqualified or underqualified people get jobs and promotions simply based on quota requirements. I've seen (well not personally seen, but saw on the news) violent assaults on white people by blacks or hispanics. It's never a big deal. Let some whites beat up a black and it's Katie bar the door. Tons of punks get beat by cops. If Rodney King was a white dude, you'd never have heard of him.

There's tons of examples of the double standard. If you think it's "perceived" then you're blind or stupid. Again, this doesn't mean that in affects me personally, but however you slice it, it ain't right.

And please spare me the "we deserve it for keeping them down for 500 brazillion years" bull****.

Why would the news show that if it were such a common occurrence? People don't care about the mundane.

Honestly, I really am not sure if you're suggesting minorities are treated better than whites in the US. I'd assume that you're not that naive.

C&CDean
11/17/2009, 12:22 PM
Why would the news show that if it were such a common occurrence? People don't care about the mundane.

Honestly, I really am not sure if you're suggesting minorities are treated better than whites in the US. I'd assume that you're not that naive.

So, what you're saying is that blacks beating whites is common occurence and mundane so they don't show it on the news? And whites beating blacks is so rare it makes headlines? You know what, I'd have to agree.

I'm not even sure what you're saying with the whole "minorities being treated better than whites."

There are more opportunities for hard working minorities than there are for hard working whites. You can't refute that. That doesn't mean both can't achieve success, it just means that there are more options for a minority. Education, tutoring, equal employment ops, etc. And I do know that minorities have many more options after they are employed. I'm in a class of folks who don't have a single leg to stand on in an EEO type situation. I'm white, male, straight, under 60, and not handicapped. I'm ****ed when the **** hits the fan.

I got an email a few days ago about "Dutch-American" day. One day. Shoot, blacks get the whole month of February and Kwanza.

jdsooner
11/17/2009, 12:52 PM
My great grandfather and great great grandfather fought (briefly) for the Confederacy.

I am not offended by the display of the Confederate flag. It is a part of our history

I find it to be in poor taste to compare President Obama to Curious George and Sambo.

In American animation in the 1930s and 1940s, the use of "Sambo" imagery was common in all the major animation houses. The scenes which show such imagery have either been cut from their respective cartoons, or the cartoons have been banned altogether. The image that is usually associated with the "Sambo" is that of a happy-go-lucky, clueless, head-scratching black man. The voice is usually high and the syntax elementary.

This quote is in response to a bar in Georgia selling Curious George t-shirts with the monkey peeling a banana with the words "Obama in 08" underneath.

Bill Nigut, southeast regional director for the Anti-Defamation League, said Norman is being disingenuous.

"He can pretend he doesn't understand what the message of that T-shirt is, but he knows full well that's an offensive and demeaning stereotype used to insult African-Americans," Nigut said. He called on citizens not to buy the T-shirts, but stopped short of calling for a boycott of Norman's business or denying him to speak out.

"His speech is protected, but that doesn't mean that it's appropriate and that doesn't mean it's not hateful," Nigut said.

I think that some who have posted on this thread are pretending that they are not making racist comments. I am sure that some of the African-American players we cheer for on Saturdays would take offense at some of the things said on this message board.

C&CDean
11/17/2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah, and people take offense at all kinds of stupid ****, don't they? Doesn't make it right.

jdsooner
11/17/2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah, and people take offense at all kinds of stupid ****, don't they? Doesn't make it right.

So, I can call you any name I want and it is YOUR fault if you take offense?

Half a Hundred
11/17/2009, 04:55 PM
So, what you're saying is that blacks beating whites is common occurence and mundane so they don't show it on the news? And whites beating blacks is so rare it makes headlines? You know what, I'd have to agree.

Nope. Quite the opposite. If it happened all the time, it wouldn't be newsworthy - just as black suspects getting the crap knocked out of them by white cops isn't generally newsworthy (and Rodney King was a big, big exception to the rule).

I'm not even sure what you're saying with the whole "minorities being treated better than whites."

There are more opportunities for hard working minorities than there are for hard working whites. You can't refute that.

Sure I can. Black unemployment is consistently 5% greater than that of white unemployment. Let's not even start on the incarceration and sentencing discrepancies (3% of the black population is in prison, while 0.65% of the white population is in prison in Oklahoma). Meanwhile, a study done a few years ago found that only 14% of black male applicants were called back when applying for a job, while 17% of white male applicants were called back, even when the white applicant had a criminal record and the black applicant did not (this controlled for all other factors).

That doesn't mean both can't achieve success, it just means that there are more options for a minority. Education, tutoring, equal employment ops, etc. And I do know that minorities have many more options after they are employed. I'm in a class of folks who don't have a single leg to stand on in an EEO type situation. I'm white, male, straight, under 60, and not handicapped. I'm ****ed when the **** hits the fan.

I got an email a few days ago about "Dutch-American" day. One day. Shoot, blacks get the whole month of February and Kwanza.

Never mind that schools nowadays are as de facto segregated as they were before busing.

You do know that if you were fired for being a Christian, you'd have a claim, right? Quotas have been gone forever, and all that's generally required is that an active effort is taken to include minorities in consideration for a job - hiring is at the discretion of the employer (and there are plenty of reasons not to hire a person other than their suspect class). I know you work for the feds, so things might seem a little different - however, it's not that way in the private world, and since the government only employs about 5% of the population, that's the majority of us.

Even when they asked for a month, we gave them the shortest one with the worst weather. Now, that's a pretty crappy move, wouldn't you say?

C&CDean
11/18/2009, 11:49 AM
You live in a different world than I do.

C&CDean
11/18/2009, 11:52 AM
So, I can call you any name I want and it is YOUR fault if you take offense?

Sure. Especially if I run around going "I'm a honky, get real honky, sup honky, he a bad honky, honky is you crazy??"

Half a Hundred
11/18/2009, 12:56 PM
You live in a different world than I do.

World's a big place.

Sooner24
11/18/2009, 03:17 PM
Nope. Quite the opposite. If it happened all the time, it wouldn't be newsworthy - just as black suspects getting the crap knocked out of them by white cops isn't generally newsworthy (and Rodney King was a big, big exception to the rule).

Sure I can. Black unemployment is consistently 5% greater than that of white unemployment. Let's not even start on the incarceration and sentencing discrepancies (3% of the black population is in prison, while 0.65% of the white population is in prison in Oklahoma). Meanwhile, a study done a few years ago found that only 14% of black male applicants were called back when applying for a job, while 17% of white male applicants were called back, even when the white applicant had a criminal record and the black applicant did not (this controlled for all other factors).

Never mind that schools nowadays are as de facto segregated as they were before busing.

You do know that if you were fired for being a Christian, you'd have a claim, right? Quotas have been gone forever, and all that's generally required is that an active effort is taken to include minorities in consideration for a job - hiring is at the discretion of the employer (and there are plenty of reasons not to hire a person other than their suspect class). I know you work for the feds, so things might seem a little different - however, it's not that way in the private world, and since the government only employs about 5% of the population, that's the majority of us.

Even when they asked for a month, we gave them the shortest one with the worst weather. Now, that's a pretty crappy move, wouldn't you say?

The remembrance originated in 1926 by historian Carter G. Woodson as "Negro History Week". Woodson chose the second week of February because it marked the birthdays of two Americans who greatly influenced the lives and social condition of African Americans: former President Abraham Lincoln and abolitionist and former slave Frederick Douglass. Woodson also founded the Association for the Study of Negro Life and History, now the Association for the Study of African American Life and History.

Looks like "WE" didn't have anything to do with what month they got. :rolleyes:

Half a Hundred
11/18/2009, 03:29 PM
Buddy, that joke is about as old as Black History Month itself... lighten up

C&CDean
11/18/2009, 03:41 PM
Oh wait, now it's funny again? You libs **** me all up.

SicEmBaylor
11/21/2009, 04:10 AM

A lot of people do. The UDC uses the First National Flag, and a lot of SCV members fly this flag as opposed to the battle flag. What most people refer to as the "Rebel Flag" was never, by itself, the national flag of the confederacy. However, it did appear in some form or another in each of the national flags after the 1st.

As for offending people, I don't give a flying squirrel's *** about offending people.

SicEmBaylor
11/21/2009, 04:13 AM
And that's the point. They aren't displaying the flag to celebrate their Southern heritage. Otherwise, I wouldn't see the yahoos in New Jersey with it on their trucks.

Someone trying to make a quick buck. Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

Well, it is my heritage and I will and do display the flag with pride.

SicEmBaylor
11/21/2009, 04:16 AM
http://thealexislink.com/alexis/confederate_flag%20joke%20web%20pic.jpg

Your people lost the American Southwest. Get over it and get out.

SicEmBaylor
11/21/2009, 04:17 AM
I am not referring to the Mexican flag being better than the Confed flag. I just said that because the stupid flag has no merit. Many people agree with me that the confed flag is dead and doesn't serve a purpose.

My kin came from Germany and Italy, btw. Now you put me back to Green since you aren't a son of the Confederacy.

I happen to be a Son of the Confederacy...a card carrying member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans and a former national officer in the Children of the Confederacy. So, I assume that means that I can turn you red.

olevetonahill
11/21/2009, 04:41 AM
My Great Granpa was In the 4th Ark Infantry CSA

whats that make ME ?

SicEmBaylor
11/21/2009, 04:44 AM
My Great Granpa was In the 4th Ark Infantry CSA

whats that make ME ?

A guy who can turn Fmr red. :D

AlbqSooner
11/21/2009, 07:44 AM
Hey Dean, I am an example of what you said in an earlier post.

In 1990 I applied for a job to try Civil Rights cases. The interview went well, and the attorney who was primarily responsible for hiring told me I would almost certainly get the job. I didn't get it. Ran into the guy about six months later and he said he was really sorry I didn't get the job. Seems the next day they interviewed a 56 year old Black woman in a wheel chair. They knew that if they hired me one of my first cases would be defending them against her discrimination in employment suit. Nothing I could do.

SoCal
11/22/2009, 08:58 AM
Sorry if this is a repost...

KKK will protest over song, chant

Ku Klux Klansmen say they'll protest Saturday at the University of Mississippi.
Grand titan Shane Tate of Tupelo says members are unhappy because Ole Miss Chancellor Dan Jones told the band to drop a pep song after some fans had been chanting "the South will rise again."
Dean of Students Sparky Reardon says the Klan will be allowed to protest for an hour beginning at 10 a.m., four hours before the Ole Miss-LSU football game.
Susan Glisson with Ole Miss' Center for Racial Reconciliation says students plan a counter-protest.
On Nov. 17, Jones asked the band to stop playing "From Dixie With Love," which blends the Confederate Army's fight song, "Dixie," with the Union Army's "Battle Hymn of the Republic."

XingTheRubicon
11/22/2009, 10:30 AM
Jesus was worried about the drug epidemic plaguing the world. In an effort to solve this dilemma, he decided that a few apostles would return to earth and fetch a sample of each drug, so they could understand what these substances did.

Two days after the operation is implemented, the disciples begin to return. Jesus, waiting at the door, lets in each disciple: "Who is it?" "It's Mark" Jesus opens the door. "What did you bring Mark?" "Marijuana from Colombia" "Very well son, come in."

Another soft knock is heard. "Who is it?" "It's Matthew" Jesus opens the door. "What did you bring Matthew?" "Cocaine from Bolivia" "Very well son, come in."

At the next knock Jesus asks, "Who is it?" "It's John" Jesus opens the door. "What did you bring John?" "Crack from New York" "Very well son, come in."

Someone starts pounding on the door. "Who is it?" "It's Judas" Jesus opens the door. "What did you bring Judas?" "FREEZE! THIS IS THE FBI!"

SoonerStormchaser
11/22/2009, 01:15 PM
Oh boy...
http://www.cultofmac.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

btk108
11/22/2009, 01:18 PM
wow....just wow:eek:

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 04:35 PM
Xing...

You going for the full deck of 52?

olevetonahill
11/22/2009, 04:37 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tidalmouse
11/22/2009, 04:47 PM
You not thru yet are ya? Gotta be an Asian Joke.Either Calculas or Penis will work. :D

Collier11
11/22/2009, 04:54 PM
he is playing with a full deck of stupid it looks like

SanJoaquinSooner
11/22/2009, 06:49 PM
Xing, please, please tell me that you are not a Sooner alum.

I'd hate to think prospective students and others might stumble upon this thread and think a dіck like you represents OU.

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 07:45 PM
As a fan of non-PC type behavior I applaud you Rubicon...

...and Caesar would do the same. ;)

KABOOKIE
11/22/2009, 08:18 PM
http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2008/10/29/20/c2ad702c5daac4653e47b1c28b8be4c1_2.jpg

KABOOKIE
11/22/2009, 08:21 PM
http://thegreatsatan.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/obamachefz1.jpg

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 08:25 PM
The Irish gave the Scottish the idea of the kilt.

The Scottish still haven't got the joke.

http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com/uploads/piper.jpg

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 08:33 PM
Irish for a beer.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/22/2009, 08:57 PM
Why don't you worry about apologizing to vet and whatever else you contribute to this board.

They're jokes. I apologize for nothing.

I don't care about an apology, I'm simply hoping you're not an OU alum. The fewer Neanderthals we have graduating from there, the better.

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 09:30 PM
Especially the neanderthals who don't understand how to accept or give an apology and spend countless hours spewing dribble.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/22/2009, 09:50 PM
Especially the neanderthals who don't understand how to accept or give an apology and spend countless hours spewing dribble.

So you defend the NAACP = Apes joke as acceptable for this forum?

SoonerStormchaser
11/22/2009, 10:00 PM
So you defend the NAACP = Apes joke as acceptable for this forum?

So long as you continue to post drivel about how it's ok to fly the Mexican flag above the American flag IN THIS COUNTRY, I suppose it's a draw.

Sooner24
11/22/2009, 10:12 PM
Xing, please, please tell me that you are not a Sooner alum.

I'd hate to think prospective students and others might stumble upon this thread and think a dіck like you represents OU.

I was thinking the same of you.

Phil
11/22/2009, 10:17 PM
While I am a fan of non-PC behavior, this thread has gone a bit too far.