PDA

View Full Version : ESPN All Americans (AKA **** you Dickie V)

colleyvillesooner
11/13/2009, 05:46 PM
:D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/preview2009/news/story?id=4651093

ESPN polled 10 of their experts and Willie's breakdown was this:

1st Team - 7
2nd team - 2
Left off - 1 (Vitale)

he was also Player of the year pick by Fran Fraschilla and Doug Gottlieb.

Can't wait to watch this guy all year.

Sooner04
11/13/2009, 05:52 PM
This bodes well for Willie. Blake Griffin was left off of Vitale's preseason 1st and 2nd team AA list last year as well.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/13/2009, 05:56 PM
What a freakin idiot. Seriously senile.

badger
11/13/2009, 06:18 PM
ESPN: So, Willie Warren?
Dickie V: Is he a Dukie?
ESPN: No...
Dickie V: NOT ON MY LIST, BABY!

:rolleyes: WW needs to have an outstanding season to earn OU another Naismith... but he's definitely up for it. Go Willie!

the_ouskull
11/13/2009, 09:59 PM
Dukie V and Jay Williams (the one that sucks at motorcycle, not the one that sucks at not shooting limo drivers, and not the white one) are the only "pundits" that didn't have Willie on their first or second team, pre-season.

the_ouskull

OUbasketball4life
11/13/2009, 10:24 PM
Screw Dickie v. Said the same about Blake and that turned out ok

IronHorseSooner
11/14/2009, 07:54 AM
I swear that J-Will has an issue with Coach Capel. I don't know what it is, but there has to be something there. He also lobbied for DeJuan Blair last year to win the Naismith, and downplayed Blake's accomplishments last year. Dickie V loved Kelvin Sampson, but hasn't given props to Coach Capel. What is strange on both of these counts is that COACH CAPEL WAS/IS A DUKIE!!!! In fact, he made one of the greatest shots in Duke history...OVER UNC! That would be like Sam coming back and not giving props to Jason White.

badger
11/14/2009, 09:50 AM
COACH CAPEL WAS/IS A DUKIE!!!!

This is why I hope Coach K never retires a la Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno, etc. He can dominate the ACC and frustrate stay ranked and whatever, but don't you dare retire, Mike Kryz....and so on. We don't want you coming after Jeff for another 50, 100 years :mad:

Oh, and eff Jay Williams. He's probably upset that Jeff still holds some school record he was trying to pursue or something. Was Jay ever the Naismith?

EDIT: Yes, along with other major awards in 2002. Maybe he's jealous that BG and WW will have a pro career and he never really did? lol

soonervegas
11/21/2009, 03:47 PM
Dick also did not have OU in his preseason top 25 LAST YEAR!!!

IronHorseSooner
11/21/2009, 06:03 PM
During last night's SU-UNC game, I muted the TV. My wife wondered what was going on, and I told her why (Dickie V). My wife is NOT a sports fan by any stretch, but even she understood why I did it. He should have been put out-to-pasture years ago, but like Corso with football, he just hangs around because he is a buffoon. The king of the College BBALL @$$hats, though, is Billy Packer. Digger is not far behind. It is like Coach Capel said last year about these guys. There are too many of them who have strong East Coast ties, and it woefully effects their analysis and judgment.

okienole3
11/22/2009, 03:57 PM
Dukie V and Jay Williams (the one that sucks at motorcycle, not the one that sucks at not shooting limo drivers, and not the white one) are the only "pundits" that didn't have Willie on their first or second team, pre-season.

the_ouskull

this

rawlingsHOH
11/22/2009, 04:25 PM
These last two years have been odd for Vitale. If it is a fringe player, understandable. But Griffen was a CONSENSOUS all-american, and he blew him of. Warren got lots of love, and inexplicably, also left off.

Coincidence two OU guys?

I mean, BLAKE GRIFFIN? Come on, Dick!