PDA

View Full Version : Sam goes out on a high note

Hot Rod
11/12/2009, 04:43 PM
Sam Bradford Most Efficient Quarterback in NCAA History

With Sam Bradford's career at OU likely over, he will leave the Sooners as the most efficient passer in NCAA history.

http://okblitz.com/Article.aspx?id=10958

NORMAN, Oklahoma – If the college career of Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford is indeed over, he will leave as the most efficient passer in NCAA history.

Bradford’s efficiency rating currently stands at 175.62, which would break the record of 168.89 held by Boise State’s Ryan Dinwiddie.

Bradford sustained his second shoulder injury of the season against Texas on Oct. 17, and afterward elected to have season-ending surgery. He said if his recovery went as planned he would enter this year’s NFL Draft. That means, barring any setbacks in his rehabilitation, he has thrown his last collegiate pass.

Florida’s Tim Tebow also has surpassed Dinwiddie’s record, but trails Bradford with an efficiency rating of 170.35.

To be considered for the efficiency rating record, a quarterback must have at least 500 completions. Bradford has completed 604 of his 893 career attempts. He has thrown for 8,403 yards and 88 touchdowns in 31 games.

Bradford led the Sooners to back-to-back Big 12 Championships the last two seasons, and won the Heisman Trophy last year. He is the first quarterback in NCAA history to lead the nation in passing efficiency two years in a row. He holds 15 different Sooner records.

sooner59
11/12/2009, 05:00 PM
And oh by the way Mr. NFL GM......this ^.

pac10SUX
11/12/2009, 05:03 PM
Sammy is something extremely special ... and I don't mean that in the short-bus sort of way! :D

Good luck to him in the NFL.

jdsooner
11/12/2009, 06:33 PM
I miss watching him play. In the time I have had season tickets, I have been privileged to watch Adrian Peterson, Sam Bradford, Tommy Harris, Josh Heupel, and the list could go on and on. I have watched two Heisman winners and one that should have won the Heisman (AD)

I wish Bradford great success in the NFL.

MyT Oklahoma
11/13/2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the memories Sam and best wishes in your future. Glad you chose to be a Sooner.

budbarrybob
11/13/2009, 02:24 AM
Good for Sam. I doubt that he'd think he went out on a high note, neither do I.
But he went out a SOONER!

Seamus
11/13/2009, 03:11 AM
I miss watching him play. In the time I have had season tickets, I have been privileged to watch Adrian Peterson, Sam Bradford, Tommy Harris, Josh Heupel, and the list could go on and on. I have watched two Heisman winners and two that should have won the Heisman (AD and Josh)

Fixed.

goingoneight
11/13/2009, 10:35 AM
We should just fire these coaches who made an unheralded OKC boy the best player in college football.

Sasakwa
11/13/2009, 11:55 AM
Happy for Sam, but also happy that that record will no longer be held by someone named Dinwiddie.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/13/2009, 11:58 AM
I miss watching him play. In the time I have had season tickets, I have been privileged to watch Adrian Peterson, Sam Bradford, Tommy Harris, Josh Heupel, and the list could go on and on. I have watched two Heisman winners and one that should have won the Heisman (AD)

Heupel should have won as well.

soonerborn30
11/13/2009, 10:32 PM
We should just fire these coaches who made an unheralded OKC boy the best player in college football.

Yes, I'm sure God-given ability had nothing to do with it.

SunnySooner
11/13/2009, 11:14 PM
I'm very happy for Sam, can't wait to watch him on Sundays, but I'm REALLY thrilled that this record doesn't belong to someone named Tebow. Shallow, yes, I know.;) :D

VA Sooner
11/14/2009, 08:07 AM
Good luck, Sam. We'll miss your play-making abilities. See you on Sundays!

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2009, 08:25 AM
Sam rules...Nothing else can be said.

stoopified
11/14/2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the memories Sam.One thing I have learned in my 40 years as a Sooner fan is that great players keep replacing great players at OU.Pruitt Followed Owens,Washington followed Pruitt.In the past decade Heupel was followed by Hybl,who was followed by White,wh was fllowed by Thompson,who wasfollowed by Bradford,who is followed by Jones.I have a feeling I forgot someone in that string of QBs but I can't seem to recall. :D

A-M
11/14/2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the memories Sam.One thing I have learned in my 40 years as a Sooner fan is that great players keep replacing great players at OU.Pruitt Followed Owens,Washington followed Pruitt.In the past decade Heupel was followed by Hybl,who was followed by White,wh was fllowed by Thompson,who wasfollowed by Bradford,who is followed by Jones.I have a feeling I forgot someone in that string of QBs but I can't seem to recall. :D

Yes we do keep seeing the great ones at OU and it started a lot of years ago! Makes me wonder what LJ will become in a couple more years.:)