PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the NY-23 race is tightening...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/12/2009, 12:43 PM
Owens may have been sworn in too soon.

Absentee ballots to change the winner? (http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/11/its_not_over_recanvassing_shows_ny23_race.html)

Wonder if Hoffman wins, how that will work for Pelosi Healthcare and reconciliation?

I Am Right
11/12/2009, 04:18 PM
You know, I read that, what is going on? Does Hoffman have a chance?

TheHumanAlphabet
11/12/2009, 04:53 PM
Sounds like it as more absentee ballots are left to count that the vote total difference. Many votes to be counted come from Fort Drum.

mikeelikee
11/13/2009, 01:17 AM
Even if Hoffman passes him with the absentee ballots, I'm doubtful it will change anything. San Fran Nan Pelosi rushed to get him sworn in ASAP, so he could help her pass that abomination of a healthcare bill.

LosAngelesSooner
11/13/2009, 02:25 AM
Even if Hoffman passes him with the absentee ballots, I'm doubtful it will change anything. San Fran Nan Pelosi rushed to get him sworn in ASAP, so he could help her pass that abomination of a healthcare bill.:rolleyes:

TheHumanAlphabet
11/13/2009, 09:31 AM
Even if Hoffman passes him with the absentee ballots, I'm doubtful it will change anything. San Fran Nan Pelosi rushed to get him sworn in ASAP, so he could help her pass that abomination of a healthcare bill.

Yes, but the state has not declared a winner. Yes Pelosi rushed him into a swearing in, she knew the vote wasn't certified. So he would have to vacate the position if the state certifies Hoffman the winner. There is still likely to be a consensus bill to vote on, and if Hoffman is there, she may not have the votes to pass again...

Frozen Sooner
11/13/2009, 09:43 AM
That's a somewhat odd analysis. A conservative candidate claiming that the absentee ballots cast when there was a Republican candidate still in the race would be better for him than those cast after the Republican bowed out. May be true, it just seems odd that he thinks the Republican would be pulling votes from the Democratic Party candidate and not the "Conservative Party" candidate.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/13/2009, 11:22 AM
The two mainlines were pretty similar. She endorsed the Dem when she got runned out...

Jacie
11/13/2009, 11:46 PM
He would have to get about 70% of the total absentee votes to overtake Owens.