PDA

View Full Version : BYU Jinx?

OUmd
11/11/2009, 05:08 PM
I was thinking that with all the craziness that has occurred this year is anyone else up for never playing BYU again?

First time we played BYU in 1994 - Gibbs last season = loss and then 4 straight years of some of the worst football in OUr history.

Second time we played BYU in 2009 = already with 4 losses and begging for a 7-5 season.

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2009, 05:17 PM
I don't believe in jinx(es). But I've been cranky with all my wives this season, so subconsciously, maybe I do believe this one.

TUSooner
11/11/2009, 06:56 PM
I don't believe in jinx(es). But I've been cranky with all my wives this season, so subconsciously, maybe I do believe this one.

Burn him at the stake!

Dio
11/11/2009, 11:07 PM
No, we need to schedule them again so we can beat the cold hard **** out of em

goingoneight
11/12/2009, 12:25 PM
I remember people saying that about us playing Miami in 2007... we did okay then.

You schedule big games and you play them... whether they're 0-12 and coached by Ty Willingham or defending National Champions coached by Pete Carroll. Would it have been nice this year to play UNT, USU, UT-C and ULaLa, get OUr O-Line in shape and save Sam and Gresham, etc for Texass? Yeah, definitely. But seasons like 2000 are a lot sweeter when you beat the best to become the best.

To add, a cakewalk 4-0 isn't always the best way to play football. Just ask Kansas. "How good are you?"" takes precedent over who you play.