JLEW1818
11/11/2009, 02:51 PM
Darius White is the biggest WR recruit in Texas, since Roy Williams

is that true, Rhino?

is the kid that good?

47straight
11/11/2009, 06:29 PM
It depends.

If Texas signs him, then indeed he is the biggest WR recruit in Texas since Roy Williams.

If we sign him, he was overrated anyway, has shown weaknesses during camp and the season, probably had his mother interfere in the recruiting process, couldn't make grades, a cancer, a traitor, and is getting paid by Big Red Sports and Imports.

JLEW1818
11/11/2009, 06:59 PM
LOL

Curly Bill
11/11/2009, 09:15 PM
That Dez Bryant guy is pretty good.

btk108
11/11/2009, 09:16 PM
who the heck is "some"....is he related to "they"?

stoopified
11/11/2009, 10:30 PM
If White is being compare to Roy Williams,I don't want him.Williams was overrated while at UT and has been equally lame in the NFL.

JLEW1818
11/11/2009, 10:46 PM
i agree Roy Williams was overrated

but only against Oklahoma

he dominated other teams

he sucks in the NFL too

Eielson
11/12/2009, 12:46 AM
If White is being compare to Roy Williams,I don't want him.Williams was overrated while at UT and has been equally lame in the NFL.

How many WR's does OU that are doing better in the NFL?

JLEW1818
11/12/2009, 12:48 AM
well this pic does not look good for us or White

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/white.jpg

Collier11
11/12/2009, 01:48 AM
HE was way overrated and his opinion of himself is equally too high

TheHumanAlphabet
11/12/2009, 12:02 PM
It depends.

If Texas signs him, then indeed he is the biggest WR recruit in Texas since Roy Williams.

If we sign him, he was overrated anyway, has shown weaknesses during camp and the season, probably had his mother interfere in the recruiting process, couldn't make grades, a cancer, a traitor, and is getting paid by Big Red Sports and Imports.

You could add she probably needs to feed him chicken while in line waiting for the team bus... ;)

stoopified
11/12/2009, 05:40 PM
How many WR's does OU that are doing better in the NFL?Apparently Burnt Orange Cow worship has affected your reading comprehension.What I sais was Williams was overratted at UT and also in the NFL,which is of course a fact all who don't worship burnt orange resdily acknowledge . At no point in my post did I say OU has produced ANY superstar reciever.

The difference being while Roy Williams the Lesser had a good college career and has had a decent but UNSPECTACULAR NFL career,he has come NOWHERE near fufilling the hype that has surrounded him.He is only the 3rd best WR for the Cowboys now.IF not for the emergence of Myles Austin as a true go-to WR Dallas would be screwed as Williams continues to underachieve.

Eielson
11/12/2009, 08:20 PM
Apparently Burnt Orange Cow worship has affected your reading comprehension.What I sais was Williams was overratted at UT and also in the NFL,which is of course a fact all who don't worship burnt orange resdily acknowledge . At no point in my post did I say OU has produced ANY superstar reciever.

I'm still not clear where my reading comprehension is not up to par. Maybe I'm just not very smart, and I apologize for making you read such a terribly written post.

Regardless, you made an insult on Williams' NFL career, and used that as evidence of why we wouldn't want him. The fact remains that despite him not achieving this great hype that others have set for him, he still is outperfoming any of our receivers.

I'm all for bashing the Longhorns and anything to do with them. I just feel that it needs to make sense, and be a legit insult. To make fun of Roy Williams underachieving is fine, but to say we couldn't use a player of his caliber is nonsense. This sounds like something OSU would say, and I would like to hold us to a higher standard.

JLEW1818
11/12/2009, 08:56 PM
I do know that horns Roy Williams was 0-4 against OU

i do know that

yermom
11/12/2009, 08:59 PM
I do know that horns Roy Williams was 0-4 against OU

i do know that

Teddy Lehman caught more TD passes from Texas QB's in Texas games than TFRW did

JLEW1818
11/12/2009, 09:35 PM
Teddy Lehman caught more TD passes from Texas QB's in Texas games than TFRW did

stat of the decade

Salt City Sooner
11/12/2009, 11:17 PM
You can toss Rocky Calmus' & Jonathan Jackson's names in that one as well.

Scott D
11/12/2009, 11:25 PM
I'm still not clear where my reading comprehension is not up to par. Maybe I'm just not very smart, and I apologize for making you read such a terribly written post.

Regardless, you made an insult on Williams' NFL career, and used that as evidence of why we wouldn't want him. The fact remains that despite him not achieving this great hype that others have set for him, he still is outperfoming any of our receivers.

I'm all for bashing the Longhorns and anything to do with them. I just feel that it needs to make sense, and be a legit insult. To make fun of Roy Williams underachieving is fine, but to say we couldn't use a player of his caliber is nonsense. This sounds like something OSU would say, and I would like to hold us to a higher standard.

We had a Roy Williams at OU...we called him Malcolm Kelly

yermom
11/12/2009, 11:26 PM
:(

sooner59
11/13/2009, 01:59 AM
How many WR's does OU that are doing better in the NFL?

Mark Clayton. And maybe Mark Bradley.

Collier11
11/13/2009, 09:57 AM
Other than one season, Roy williams has been a flop. Now he did make a pro bowl I believe but other than that, meh

Scott D
11/13/2009, 12:17 PM
Other than one season, Roy williams has been a flop. Now he did make a pro bowl I believe but other than that, meh

Well to be fair, considering the receivers that he was on the same team with. It's not hard to fool people into thinking you're a pro bowler when you're competing for passes with an alcoholic drug addict and a slow fatass who made his name by being bigger than every defensive back in the pac-10 before trying to go pro as a sophomore and screwing up any chance at a future.

TJKDone
11/13/2009, 12:21 PM

He has always been compared to him. It has more to do with physical appearance at this point than production. Roy Williams did way, way more in terms of receiving yardage and the like in High School than DW. In fact DW's stats aren't special at all. However, if you don't want him, we would be glad to have him.

Stoops does want him and it has sounded like he is a Sooner lock for some time, but strange things are happening this year on the recruiting front and even a blind steer may find the green grass:D

Hook'em

Scott D
11/13/2009, 12:26 PM
too bad that blind steer didn't give Shipley an injury from running into it. ;)

47straight
11/14/2009, 12:21 PM
but strange things are happening this year on the recruiting front and even a blind steer may find the green grass:D

Now did you come up with that? That's a good phrase.

Chris Patterson
11/15/2009, 12:17 PM
He has always been compared to him. It has more to do with physical appearance at this point than production. Roy Williams did way, way more in terms of receiving yardage and the like in High School than DW. In fact DW's stats aren't special at all. However, if you don't want him, we would be glad to have him.

Stoops does want him and it has sounded like he is a Sooner lock for some time, but strange things are happening this year on the recruiting front and even a blind steer may find the green grass:D

Hook'em

In his sophomore and junior seasons, Darius White averaged at least 25 yards per catch. That is an awesome yards per catch average and it shows his big play ability. He had about 1000 yards receiving during his junior season. White probably would have had a big year this season if not for two reasons. His quarterback is terrible at passing and he has been injured some. If it wasn't for those two reasons, he probably would be having another big season. Darius White is an awesome prospect and I hope he signs with OU. His upside is unreal. Here is a link to his highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34VL2cd5V9s

OU44life
11/18/2009, 12:24 PM
well this pic does not look good for us or White

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/white.jpg

Ive read some comments on a Texass message board that this is Lache Seastrunk and not Darius White. Have you heard anything else on this pic jlew?

JLEW1818
11/18/2009, 01:04 PM
that is on his facebook (White)

Lache Seastrunk looks a little different. check out an image

i hope that aint White tho ...

JLEW1818
11/18/2009, 01:09 PM
http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/white2.jpg

OU44life
11/18/2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the update jlew!

Harry Beanbag
11/18/2009, 01:53 PM
Geez, even the walls are painted burnt orange. :vomit:

OU44life
11/18/2009, 02:00 PM
is that a crispy new Longhorn tshirt his girlfriend is wearing?

JLEW1818
11/18/2009, 03:07 PM
i think i need to have talk with this kid

sooner59
11/19/2009, 02:49 PM
Ah crap...

sooner59
11/19/2009, 02:53 PM
If anyone has ESPN INsider, there is a story about White talking Sooners/whorns in the recruiting section.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail?&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2fonthetrail

Collier11
11/19/2009, 03:04 PM
He basically is saying that he will wait til after signing day but OU and ut are at the top

NOVSooner
11/19/2009, 08:42 PM
i may be biased here but the dude needs to open his eyes and see the POTENTIAL!!! OU has Landry for at least 2-3 more seasons, he has experience from this year, OU is not RELIABLY deep at WR and White could come in, compete but have a QB with experience. After Colt, TX is up in the air...but then again, i may just be biased

Big D Sooner
11/19/2009, 10:59 PM
Those pictures don't appear to be that recent (look what they are wearing). It looks like they were taken in the summertime. Didn't he used to be a sure thing for Texas before the season?

47straight
11/19/2009, 11:44 PM
i may be biased here but the dude needs to open his eyes and see the POTENTIAL!!! OU has Landry for at least 2-3 more seasons, he has experience from this year, OU is not RELIABLY deep at WR and White could come in, compete but have a QB with experience. After Colt, TX is up in the air...but then again, i may just be biased

I dislike the horns as much as anyone, but their freshman Gilbert has a very bright future. He has looked very good, even though it was in mopup duty.

Curly Bill
11/19/2009, 11:48 PM
Losing Colty-boy might actually make the whorns more dangerous on offense, as I'm guessing Glibert can throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield.

TJKDone
11/20/2009, 02:50 PM
He basically is saying that he will wait til after signing day but OU and ut are at the top

It appears his plans may have changed. Green grass and orange houses baby. Let it be so!

Hook'em

IronHorseSooner
11/21/2009, 11:45 AM
Sorry, but I question the sanity and integrity of any kid in any sport who wants to go worship the Orange Cow! On second thought, I'm not sorry about that comment.