PDA

View Full Version : I know its early and I apologize for that

MamaMia
11/11/2009, 10:59 AM
however I have to get this off my chest. All I know today is that we have to beat oSu. It would be nice to beat Texas A&M and Texas Tech of course in spite of all of our injuries, and I do 'believe'...but we HAVE to beat oSu or else I cant promise you that I will ever be okay; I mean...until next September.

I am surrounded by them where I live and they are all salivating as I type. They're like vultures.

Boomer.....
11/11/2009, 11:05 AM
The game is the day before my birthday and we will most likely be celebrating it on Saturday. If we lose, it's not going to be a fun one.

A-M
11/11/2009, 11:06 AM
Maybe you should run away and hide for a couple of months. I have a $10.00 bet on the OSU game. With all the new injuries from the NU game, I have already put back the money to pay up if we lose. Who knows what will happen with these last 3 games.

SoonerPr8r
11/11/2009, 11:07 AM
It is also an early game so half the day could be either depressed drinking or happy drinking

JLEW1818
11/11/2009, 11:19 AM
compare both teams to 2001

somewhat similar right now>?

actually, OSU is better than their 01 team

OUr 01 team couldn't score, kinda like this team......

we better jump on them early

Oldnslo
11/11/2009, 11:24 AM
The last time I did the math, I figured that they beat us, on average, about once every 6 years.

The last time was...

SoonerPr8r
11/11/2009, 11:24 AM
The 01 poke team was coached by Lester not by a walking pile of hair gel.

Lester>>gumby

NormanPride
11/11/2009, 11:27 AM
It won't matter to them that we're without our whole team. They could play against the kicker and his highschool friends dressed as the Sooners and they would still savor a victory like it was kobe beef. ****.

MamaMia
11/11/2009, 11:33 AM
Maybe you should run away and hide for a couple of months. I have a $10.00 bet on the OSU game. With all the new injuries from the NU game, I have already put back the money to pay up if we lose. Who knows what will happen with these last 3 games. The thing that boggles my mind about them is that when we beat them, I never say a word. I was raised to be a good sport. In my family being a good sport was more important than winning. On the rare occasions in my adult life when they've won the game, its non stop from them. The time they beat us 2 years in a row we stopped by my husbands clinic on the way to mass that following Sunday morning for some reason or another, and in the gardens by the front door were all these miniature oSu flags. There was a whole garbage bag full of them!

They know we love the Sooners with every fiber of our being so we're popular targets. With all of our injuries this year, like I said, they are truly like vultures.

goingoneight
11/11/2009, 12:27 PM
Anyone think that maybe Nebraska and Texas *might* just have had a territorial advantage and a defense?

Not so much for the agroids. Look no further than OSU's performance against Texass.

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2009, 01:22 PM
It's true that OSU has a porous defense, but I'm not sure we could have scored against air last Saturday. I have a sister that went to OSU and I really hope I don't have to hear from her right after this game. I'd still love her, of course. :O

badger
11/11/2009, 01:24 PM
EDIT: I can't find it, but this should cheer you up Mama - a blast from season's past of the last time OSU thought they were better than OU.

Courtesy of the fark board, circa 2008, pre-Texas game. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122754&highlight=osu)

MamaMia
11/11/2009, 01:50 PM
EDIT: I can't find it, but this should cheer you up Mama - a blast from season's past of the last time OSU thought they were better than OU.

Courtesy of the fark board, circa 2008, pre-Texas game. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122754&highlight=osu)Thats a lot of orange. :eek:

orangesunset
11/11/2009, 02:57 PM
It won't matter to them that we're without our whole team. They could play against the kicker and his highschool friends dressed as the Sooners and they would still savor a victory like it was kobe beef. ****.

And so would you.

MamaMia
11/11/2009, 04:13 PM
And so would you. Uh...We weren't the ones tearing down goalposts when we beat Nebraska at home.

badger
11/11/2009, 04:37 PM
Uh...We weren't the ones tearing down goalposts when we beat Nebraska at home.

Funny you say that :D

oudivesherpa
11/11/2009, 05:16 PM
however I have to get this off my chest. All I know today is that we have to beat oSu. It would be nice to beat Texas A&M and Texas Tech of course in spite of all of our injuries, and I do 'believe'...but we HAVE to beat oSu or else I cant promise you that I will ever be okay; I mean...until next September.

I am surrounded by them where I live and they are all salivating as I type. They're like vultures.

Mama, you should thank you're lucky stars you don't live in Texas, where men are men and sheep are nervous.

At least the sheep will be calm this weekend, all the aggies will be in Norman.

MamaMia
11/11/2009, 05:19 PM
Mama, you should thank you're lucky stars you don't live in Texas, where men are men and sheep are nervous.

At least the sheep will be calm this weekend, all the aggies will be in Norman.
I feel for you. That would be so awful.

TXBOOMER
11/11/2009, 05:46 PM
OSU doesn't have a good D and the game is in Norman. I truly think we will beat them and aTm. But, I don't think we will beat Tech in Lubbock.

TMcGee86
11/11/2009, 06:02 PM
if we lose to freaking A&M at home I will most definitely NOT be okay.

However, that being said, I agree, I too would like to beat OSU.

sooner ngintunr
11/11/2009, 06:45 PM
OSU doesn't have a good D and the game is in Norman. I truly think we will beat them and aTm. But, I don't think we will beat Tech in Lubbock.

I truly agree with you.

GottaHavePride
11/12/2009, 01:50 AM
Uh...We weren't the ones tearing down goalposts when we beat Nebraska at home.

Um, actually, we did.

In 2000. ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/12/2009, 01:56 AM
It won't matter to them that we're without our whole team. They could play against the kicker and his highschool friends dressed as the Sooners and they would still savor a victory like it was kobe beef. ****.no matter how mediocre we might be sometimes, like now, all the other wannabes of the college football world always play their best when they play OU, and act like they won the Superbowl if they beat us. Even back in the '90's, when we lost a lot, the vultures(non-Sooners) saved their best effort for us.

Flagstaffsooner
11/12/2009, 11:58 AM
however I have to get this off my chest.
Like a pink bra at Lake Overholster, huh?;)

MamaMia
11/12/2009, 12:32 PM
Like a pink bra at Lake Overholster, huh?;)
It was lilac. :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2009, 12:35 PM
And so would you.

Isn't there a lonely sheep somewhere wishing you'd quit wasting time posting on a Sooner board? :rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
11/12/2009, 01:05 PM
It was lilac. :DSorry, the sun has faded it, been on the dashboard of my '65 Buick since '73.:D

11/12/2009, 01:09 PM
Isn't there a lonely sheep somewhere wishing you'd quit wasting time posting on a Sooner board? :rolleyes:lonely aggy post at eharmony.ewe

MamaMia
11/12/2009, 01:10 PM
Um, actually, we did.

In 2000. ;) Way different. :D

I can tell by the winky that you already know that though, however for those who don't remember...we had reason. That year the Huskers were ranked #1 before we beat them. When oSu tore the goal posts down the Huskers had already lost to Penn State and Iowa State and ended up 7-7 (3-5 in the Big 12).

Factoid: The oSu/Nebraska game was attended by the least amount of fans they played anywhere that year. ;)

MamaMia
11/12/2009, 01:13 PM
Sorry, the sun has faded it, been on the dashboard of my '65 Buick since '73.:D You can keep it. I have your football jersey in my drawer. It still smells like Brut. :D

fossil
11/12/2009, 02:16 PM
And so would you.

:D For beating OSU? Not likely. Beating OSU happens more often than you probably change your underwear. It ain't no big deal, because it happens the great majority of the time.

11/12/2009, 03:45 PM
:D For beating OSU? Not likely. Beating OSU happens more often than you probably change your underwear. It ain't no big deal, because it happens the great majority of the time.maybe aggy means if you were an aggy, and you beat the Sooners, you too would go into euphoric hysteria(no matter how "down" the Sooner team is)???