PDA

View Full Version : UT Fans At Their Best

FaninAma
11/10/2009, 09:20 PM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=6076609&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

They never fail to impress me.

rainiersooner
11/10/2009, 09:31 PM
To be fair, the overwhelming response seemed to be against anyone laughing at us or the hurt players. But, yeah, there are some d-bags posting there, for sure.

SPuL
11/10/2009, 09:31 PM
I don't know if you were taking this as a sarcastic jab at them for enjoying the Oklahoma injuries. But actually a lot of them seemed to be mature on the topic and the average census seemed to be "I never wish harm on an athlete and my prayers are with them and their families. However, I do enjoy every OU loss."

Of course there was one or two of the idiots there.

FaninAma
11/10/2009, 09:35 PM
To be fair, the overwhelming response seemed to be against anyone laughing at us or the hurt players. But, yeah, there are some d-bags posting there, for sure.

I wouldn't say overwhelming since a lot of the posts
calling out the *********s were from Sooner fans....not
horn fans.

Soonerus
11/10/2009, 09:39 PM
It goes with the territory, when you are on top for 50 years people enjoy you stubbing your toe from time to time...It is actually a compliment...

FaninAma
11/10/2009, 09:51 PM

It goes with the territory, when you are on top for 50 years people enjoy you stubbing your toe from time to time...It is actually a compliment...
Do you really think those type of comments would be
tolerated at all on Soonerfans.

On the thread linked 9 different horn posters stated
the injuries were fair payback to the coaches or the
program for some perceived transgression or outright
expressions of pleasure that Sooner players were injured.

Only 6 horn fan posters expressed dismay at these asses
or sympathy for the players. So, no the overwhelming majority
of horn fans on that board did not condemn the idiots.

Soonerus
11/10/2009, 09:55 PM

I don't blame you for being mad...just try to not let it affect you...

SunnySooner
11/11/2009, 12:08 AM
I don't blame you for being mad...just try to not let it affect you...

Yeah, really, these are whorn fans we're talking about here...keep your expectations low, and you'll be much less disappointed.:texan: ;)

JLEW1818
11/11/2009, 12:08 AM
Sunny wants me ..

:eek: :D

SunnySooner
11/11/2009, 12:21 AM
Sunny wants me ..

:eek: :D

:hot: :D :D :D

And why the 'eek'??? I would rock your world.;)

JLEW1818
11/11/2009, 12:22 AM
I'm sure you would !

SunnySooner
11/11/2009, 12:25 AM
Good to see you have respect for your elders, grasshopper.:P

badger
11/11/2009, 09:59 AM
let them think whatever they want about us. the fact remains that if they only won against us by 3, they better get worried about what awaits them the rest of the year.

kbsooner21
11/11/2009, 10:08 AM

Who cares what the whorns think?

kustang619
11/11/2009, 10:14 AM
I would like to know what cheap shots were taken on Colt at the end of the game. I remember two personal fouls called on OU where Colt was hit while letting the ball go...One of those calls resulted in, I believe, Sam Proctor getting a helmet to helmet call...If they are refering to the end of the game, you need to remember that Colt was not just taking a knee, he was trying to run around a little and waste time...Beal had already started diving for Colt when Colt slid, then Colt jolted back after the play like he had just gotten laid out...Know the facts or shut your mouth...

orangesunset
11/11/2009, 10:29 AM
I would like to know what cheap shots were taken on Colt at the end of the game. I remember two personal fouls called on OU where Colt was hit while letting the ball go...One of those calls resulted in, I believe, Sam Proctor getting a helmet to helmet call...If they are refering to the end of the game, you need to remember that Colt was not just taking a knee, he was trying to run around a little and waste time...Beal had already started diving for Colt when Colt slid, then Colt jolted back after the play like he had just gotten laid out...Know the facts or shut your mouth...

That last hit on Colt was a head blow with the fist while Colt was lying on the ground. The referee was standing right next to the players looking right at them and promptly called the foul. Colt said after the game that he momentarily blacked out from the hit. Watch how his head snapped back when he was hit.

FaninAma
11/11/2009, 11:33 AM
That last hit on Colt was a head blow with the fist while Colt was lying on the ground. The referee was standing right next to the players looking right at them and promptly called the foul. Colt said after the game that he momentarily blacked out from the hit. Watch how his head snapped back when he was hit.

Orangesunset....what a ghey handle.

That last hit on Colt nearly made him black
out? Seriously?

orangesunset
11/11/2009, 02:54 PM
Orangesunset....what a ghey handle.

That last hit on Colt nearly made him black
out? Seriously?

Those were Colt's words, not mine.

How on earth do you know what the hit felt like? When was the last time a 230 pound defensive player smashed his hand into your head? Who are you to say a hard hit hit wasn't a hard hit?

OUDoc
11/11/2009, 03:07 PM
I must have missed that massive hit. Is there a youtube link?

JLEW1818
11/11/2009, 03:08 PM
uhhh more loser burnt orange people

i promise most don't even like the color orange

OUAlumni1990
11/11/2009, 04:06 PM
And why the 'eek'??? I would rock your world.;)

:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

BoomerSoonerGoOU
11/11/2009, 05:48 PM
Those were Colt's words, not mine.

How on earth do you know what the hit felt like? When was the last time a 230 pound defensive player smashed his hand into your head? Who are you to say a hard hit hit wasn't a hard hit?

Eat sh*t.

orangesunset
11/11/2009, 10:56 PM
Eat sh*t.

Ahh, the eternal rites of Fall. Leaves changing. Cool, evening breezes. Sooners whining about calls.

jdsooner
11/11/2009, 11:04 PM
This one sums it up for me:

Screw OU. I hope every last SOB drops dead.

OUAlumni1990
11/11/2009, 11:10 PM
Ya think they are still bitter about some of those brutal beatings of the past?

MamaMia
11/11/2009, 11:53 PM
Wow. Thats pretty rude.

mojohornfan
11/12/2009, 08:48 AM

YES!!!!!

Seen it.....
CART MCCOY came from it. *********s post on both Hornfans and soonerfans!! Read and move on!

OUDoc
11/12/2009, 09:31 AM
So, is there or is there not video evidence of the blow to the head that nearly made Colt lose consciousness?
Seriously, I'd like to see what the uproar is about.

sooneron
11/12/2009, 09:44 AM
I really don't have high expectations for such a self entitled fanbase. They have some good fans, but, by and large - spoiled mama's boys.

This one cracks me the hell up, tho-

First, he doesn't give a rip about character as long as a kid has talent, and some of those kids have bit him with off the field issues.

ROTFLMAO!!! Yeah, a whorn can point fingers about off the field issues. LOL!

I was also touched by the sympathy from the poster that said that it's too bad the tornado didn't finish us off. Biggest bunch of chest thumpers around. W'w'w'w'-ww--w-w-w-we're texas!!!

sooneron
11/12/2009, 09:45 AM
Dear orangesunset,

**** off.

srsly.

Sincerely,

Ryan Reynold's knee

47straight
11/12/2009, 03:23 PM
Meh. I hear worse on the radio and from UT fans I know.

orangesunset
11/12/2009, 03:45 PM
So, is there or is there not video evidence of the blow to the head that nearly made Colt lose consciousness?
Seriously, I'd like to see what the uproar is about.

Well, just watch the play, if you have TIVO. It didn't make any highlight reels (as barely anything from that crappy game did) I'm just saying that Colt said so. No reason for him to lie. Plus, a ref was right there. At the time, Colt WAS on the ground, and the Sooner player made a swing with his arm perhaps to deliver a blow, or perhaps to dislodge the ball. Regardless, he hit Colt in the head and the flag was called. the Sooners didn't contest it, as it was a pretty dumb move. Bet the player got a scolding for it, as it sealed the game.

FaninAma
11/12/2009, 03:52 PM
YES!!!!!

Seen it.....
CART MCCOY came from it. *********s post on both Hornfans and soonerfans!! Read and move on!

Disagree. I have been posting on Soonerfans
since 2000. I know the owner of the board
and the moderators personally and that kind
of crap would have been halted and the thread
locked ASAP on this board.

Also I guess Lid is only an expert on lecturing
Sooner fans about their behavior on this board.
Didn't see him or any of the other horns
that post regularly on this board lecturing
their fellow horns about their pathetic posts on
their own board.

orangesunset
11/12/2009, 03:54 PM
Dear orangesunset,

**** off.

srsly.

Sincerely,

Ryan Reynold's knee

Reality check:
This year, we lost:
Our starting tight end.
the THREE tight ends following him.
Brandon Collins, our starting wide receiver, for the season.
Christian Scott, our starting cornerback, for the season.
Jared Norton, our starting linebacker, for the season.
Deal with it.

FaninAma
11/12/2009, 03:56 PM
Well, just watch the play, if you have TIVO. It didn't make any highlight reels (as barely anything from that crappy game did) I'm just saying that Colt said so. No reason for him to lie. Plus, a ref was right there. At the time, Colt WAS on the ground, and the Sooner player made a swing with his arm perhaps to deliver a blow, or perhaps to dislodge the ball. Regardless, he hit Colt in the head and the flag was called. the Sooners didn't contest it, as it was a pretty dumb move. Bet the player got a scolding for it, as it sealed the game.

So if it happened just the way you described
do you feel that that's an excuse for so many
of your fans to express satisfaction about the
injuries to OU players?

Statalyzer
11/12/2009, 04:22 PM
So, like every other message board in the country, there are a few idiots even when there are a bunch of people behaving rationally. Definitely worth a new thread.

Disagree. I have been posting on Soonerfans since 2000. I know the owner of the board and the moderators personally and that kind of crap would have been halted and the thread locked ASAP on this board.

Ah, so because you know someone personally, other people's experiences with that person must be incorrect and not have actually happened?

SoonerBacker
11/12/2009, 04:24 PM
injuries to OU players?

Come on now! Trying to use logic with a hornfan is a waste of time.

TexasLidig8r
11/12/2009, 05:38 PM
Also I guess Lid is only an expert on lecturing
Sooner fans about their behavior on this board.
Didn't see him or any of the other horns
that post regularly on this board lecturing
their fellow horns about their pathetic posts on
their own board.

Actually Nuevo-GDC, I do very little lecturing to sooner fans on here about their behavior on their own board. What's the point?

Now, I will occasionally bait, will deride, will poke good natured fun, will stir it up and if you ever, with the assistance of many years and thousands of dollars of counseling, ever got past your "I hate Everything Remotely Associated with UT" syndrome, you will see that I bring up some legitimate, substantive discussion points as well. Granted, some of these points may require honest introspection.. yet, nonetheless, they are brought up and through the grace of the Admins and Mods, are allowed to be debated.

I believe any individual who takes pleasure in the injury to these young athletes is sick.. be it cheering because they were injured, repeating inane nicknames ("Cart") or in any manner, taking pleasure with such misfortune, should be taken out and horsewhipped.

At the end of the day, it is a game being played for our enjoyment by kids who for the most part, just want to have fun, get an education and enjoy life. The fact that we either overly celebrate them. .or deride them.. because of the color of their jerseys.. can be pathetic.

orangesunset
11/12/2009, 05:59 PM
injuries to OU players?

No, not at all. No one should ever celebrate a player getting hurt. I wasn't even discussing that issue. I was responding to a post where a Sooner tried to pretend that nothing happened on that last personal foul call. Colt McCoy said he nearly blacked out from that hit, so we can assume something devious did happen. A referee right on the spot called it, so he must have felt so, too.

JLEW1818
11/12/2009, 06:01 PM
he probably blacked out b/c lil Shipley had his way with him the night before!!!

pilobolus
11/13/2009, 09:35 AM
I love this tidbit from an apparent product of a UT education:

Too bad the tornado's is not enough.

Texas plays a pathetic schedule and their two toughest opponents were missing their major playmakers. I can't wait to see Bama or Florida rip them some new a-holes.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2009, 09:44 AM
I'm still holding out that they won't get the chance to play either of those teams. They are due for their yearly cluster****.

FaninAma
11/13/2009, 09:58 AM
I'm still holding out that they won't get the chance to play either of those teams. They are due for their yearly cluster****.

Go Hornfrogs.

Isn't it wierd that the old SWC football programs that didn't get an invite to the Big 12 are actually doing fairly well....TCU, Houston, Rice. The only one that isn't doing better than they did in the SWC is SMU thanks to the death penalty.

The reason for this is they no longer live in the shadow of UT and are members in conferences that are free from the domination of UT.

I find it interesting now that the Big 12 that is morphing into the old SWC in terms of quality of their football programs. Oh well, as long as somehow, someway UT finds a way to dominate the league does it really matter to the Big 12 commissioner's office?

OUDoc
11/13/2009, 10:40 AM
Well, just watch the play, if you have TIVO.

If you were an OU fan, would it still be on your TIVO?

TexasLidig8r
11/13/2009, 10:49 AM
Go Hornfrogs.

Isn't it wierd that the old SWC football programs that didn't get an invite to the Big 12 are actually doing fairly well....TCU, Houston, Rice. The only one that isn't doing better than they did in the SWC is SMU thanks to the death penalty.

The reason for this is they no longer live in the shadow of UT and are members in conferences that are free from the domination of UT.

I find it interesting now that the Big 12 that is morphing into the old SWC in terms of quality of their football programs. Oh well, as long as somehow, someway UT finds a way to dominate the league does it really matter to the Big 12 commissioner's office?

Maybe the TCUs and Houstons of the world are doing better because they are playing the majority of their games before crowds of less than 50K against outmatched opponents.

Put TCU and Houston in the Big XII.. and let's see them go to Austin. . . and Norman and Lincoln.

The front liners for those programs are very good, but they lack depth. And once Gary Patterson leaves TCU, will they remain good?

tator
11/13/2009, 10:57 AM
There's no room for common sense here, Lid :)

FaninAma
11/13/2009, 11:01 AM
Maybe the TCUs and Houstons of the world are doing better because they are playing the majority of their games before crowds of less than 50K against outmatched opponents.

Put TCU and Houston in the Big XII.. and let's see them go to Austin. . . and Norman and Lincoln.

The front liners for those programs are very good, but they lack depth. And once Gary Patterson leaves TCU, will they remain good?

For the past several years TCU has been better than any team in the Big 12 North.

Houston beat what many feel is the 2nd best team in the Big 12, OSU, at stillwater.

I suspect TCU's crowds rival most of the crowds of the Big 12 North teams, Nebraska excepted.

All I am saying is that the Big 12 is getting more mediocre by the year. Last year was a bit of an exception but then the bowl games sort of exposed the weak defenses in the league.

picasso
11/13/2009, 01:15 PM
I didn't read any of that crap but just by what they were saying last season I still don't understand their logic at the end of the '08 season.

Somehow we cheated by winning all of our games in a dominating fashion.:confused:

JLEW1818
11/13/2009, 01:19 PM
well, winning BCS bowls are the only thing that matters... and the Sooners are 2-5 in those

OU has lost 3 national titles, so they are the first loser, so they are the worst team in the country

Big 12 championships mean nothing. Mack likes winning bowl games in december, more than winning the conference

but last year, the BCS didn't matter, b/c it determined the tie breaker, and the Sooners got the bid

but lets play under the BCS, but if it comes down to the tiebreaker, lets throw out the BCS.. its a stupid computer... BCS bowls shouldnt count either.. oh wait

-hornfans.com

orangesunset
11/13/2009, 02:23 PM
For the past several years TCU has been better than any team in the Big 12 North.

Houston beat what many feel is the 2nd best team in the Big 12, OSU, at stillwater.

I suspect TCU's crowds rival most of the crowds of the Big 12 teams, Nebraska excepted.

All I am saying is that the Big 12 is getting more mediocre by the year. Last year was a bit of an exception but then the bowl games sort of exposed the weak defenses in the league.

Strangely, the TCU game against Utah is their first sellout this year. The crowds have been sparse, while the play has been outstanding.

orangesunset
11/13/2009, 02:27 PM
If you were an OU fan, would it still be on your TIVO?

Ha. Very good point. Even as a UT fan, I'm not sure I'd want it on MY TIVO, being that it's one of the more wretched games ever played.

The last sequence where UT ran out the clock was one of the slowest, most anti-climatic finishes I've ever seen of a RRR game. The only thing that made it remotely bearable was watching Stoop's now traditional expression at the end of all OU games against good opponents.

sooneron
11/13/2009, 09:37 PM
Reality check:
This year, we lost:
Our starting tight end.
Deal with it.

Dude, you're clueless, his knee injury in last year's game was due to some repeated dicey hits by the cow linemen.

I would like a link to colt discussing his alleged "near concussion".

pilobolus
11/13/2009, 09:38 PM
I like a good smash mouth defensive game. At least Texas doesn't play like a bunch of pansies anymore like they did in the early 2000s.

picasso
11/13/2009, 10:17 PM
The only thing that made it remotely bearable was watching Stoop's now traditional expression at the end of all OU games against good opponents.
Yes, because since 2005, Stoops has not beaten any good opponents.:rolleyes:

That must mirror how I feel when the silver hillbilly Mack has the mean scowled spittle face.
Wipe your lip ya greasy hillbilly.

picasso
11/13/2009, 10:19 PM
Reality check:
This year, we lost:
Our starting tight end.
Deal with it.

Hows about you lose Colt and Shipley and see how well you look?

Not so good Jack.

sooner ngintunr
11/13/2009, 11:43 PM

This year all six of those games are tossups. IMSO.

The point is that if those teams were in the Big 12 (never gonna happen), the coaches wouldn't have to leave. The teams would get better with recruiting and the crowds/stadium renovations would come.

TCU came to Norman last year, held us to the same amount of points as you guys did.

I wish you guys would schedule some real OOC. * wouldn't schedule UH or TCU for nothing. You guys gotta keep it real with North Texas and Rice.

Keep thinking that you would just smoke them year in year out, I guess imagination and fantasy is better than reality to * fans.

sooners2win
11/14/2009, 12:03 AM
the guys who said he hopes all our players drop dead....must be the man who has no nuts now!

BHud
11/14/2009, 01:54 PM
uhhh more loser burnt orange people

i promise most don't even like the color orange

Oh jlew.....then why do you think it is that God made sunsets burnt orange?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3046/2873942335_aebe53cc9f.jpg

BHud
11/14/2009, 01:57 PM
We scheduled Piggy. They backed out to play aggy.

This year all six of those games are tossups. IMSO.

The point is that if those teams were in the Big 12 (never gonna happen), the coaches wouldn't have to leave. The teams would get better with recruiting and the crowds/stadium renovations would come.

TCU came to Norman last year, held us to the same amount of points as you guys did.

I wish you guys would schedule some real OOC. * wouldn't schedule UH or TCU for nothing. You guys gotta keep it real with North Texas and Rice.

Keep thinking that you would just smoke them year in year out, I guess imagination and fantasy is better than reality to * fans.

BlackChipBJ
11/15/2009, 01:46 AM
First, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments from my fellow Horn brethren. With that said, a lot of the HornFan posters, are of the t-shirt variety, but that is still no excuse for vile comments.

Also, I was appalled when one of the outspoken liberals compared our miltary to rednecks hunting muslims.