PDA

View Full Version : If anyone can make it better Bobby can!

setem
11/10/2009, 03:08 PM
If Stoops really is the coach we(the real fans) all know he is, then he will turn this around. If he pulls off wins in the remaining games and makes a stellar run next year it will be his finest coaching job. If there is talk of him moving on then he will wait to see how next year pans out before stepping down. This is where he becomes a master motivator and picks these guys up and leads them to victory. I don't know if any of you know that one of the mantras for the players and coaches has been "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard". I know that is more of a off season type slogan but these boys need to claw, push and fight as hard as possible now more than ever. Even with the injuries and setbacks if they work hard on the field they will finish this season in a great way!

It is easy when you have a team full of superstars and we have seen them here at OU. If Bob can take good players and make them champions next year then we know we have one of the greats. Sometimes you are dealt a terrible hand and sometimes those cards are good enough to win. Can he win with this hand he has been dealt? I really think he can! I think these final games and the bowl game will be his finest showing as a the skipper of the Sooner Schooner. It will pay off dividends for next season as far as momentum. If Bob makes the right moves in the off season and we are back in Big XII and NC title hunt next year. He will chisel his legacy into Sooner history.

I will be here if it does not work out but if all goes right for us, boy it will be sweet to witness greatness!

BOOMER SOONER!

texas bandman
11/10/2009, 04:50 PM
I have faith in Bob, just like I had faith in Barry. Many people don't remember the dark days for Barry, but in 1981 he was 7-4-1, in 1982 and 83 he was 8-4. Two years later he won his third MNC. I have faith that Bob can bring us back from this "down" year just like Barry led us back.

tanjou
11/10/2009, 04:52 PM
loooooooool

http://i34.tinypic.com/14u9sfs.jpg

setem
11/10/2009, 05:10 PM
Did you put Mike's pic in there or is that the way you found it?

and are you saying only Mike can fix this?

Our D is far from being any kind of a problem!

goingoneight
11/10/2009, 06:05 PM
I'm glad we *don't have* last year's defense or Stoops would be gone by the end of the year! :D

That alone tells you something...

we gave up 26, 35, 38, 28, 41 in certain games last year. We're alive in games this year because of the vast improvement on that side of the ball.

I expect with time to heal and more game experience the same will be said of the offense. It happened slowly but surely after a fluke quarterback fiasco from 2005 to 2007.

tanjou
11/10/2009, 06:29 PM
Did you put Mike's pic in there or is that the way you found it?

and are you saying only Mike can fix this?

Our D is far from being any kind of a problem!
It was already like that. This is about 4-6 and money and faith in Stoops like his last name is Christ.

setem
11/10/2009, 06:36 PM
I don't think anyone is holding Bob up as Christ-like. Who else is going to save this team? OU is not 4-6 right now. We are 5-4...

tanjou
11/10/2009, 07:02 PM
Forgive my lack of clarity.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2l9ms7t.jpg

wishbonesooner
11/11/2009, 01:05 AM
I couldn't coach a jr high team, but I see teams playing on Saturdays that don't have a ton of talent. They're sound fundamentally, and they don't beat themselves with silly mistakes. If coaching staffs with not nearly as much talent as we have can get their teams to play like that, why is our "great" staff not able to?

En_Fuego
11/11/2009, 01:11 AM
I couldn't coach a jr high team, but I see teams playing on Saturdays that don't have a ton of talent. They're sound fundamentally, and they don't beat themselves with silly mistakes. If coaching staffs with not nearly as much talent as we have can get their teams to play like that, why is our "great" staff not able to?

You Got It