PDA

View Full Version : Supersize Me!

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 02:47 PM
You can watch this one for free right now on YouTube.

I never wanted to watch it as I figured I was one of the folks who understood that you can eat that **** anyway.

I was watching his first few days of eating nothing but McDonalds and found myself sick to my stomach. Then as he is eating a Supersize meal...he starts to get sick too. I about tossed my cookies.

I don't know how this guy did it.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 03:03 PM
I'm gonna make my kids watch this. That way they will never ever ask me to stop by there again.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 03:30 PM
Here's a tidbit you might want to know....

Heroin is worse for you than ham.

Fraggle145
11/10/2009, 03:32 PM
Pretty ****in scary if you ask me.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 03:34 PM
His girlfriend (A vegan) seems pretty pissed at him....lol

He's addicted to it now....less than 30 days.

If you eat there more than one a week...McDonalds calls you a heavy user. 72% of the people who eat there are heavy users. Another category is "The Super Heavy User". SHUers eat there 3 or more times a week. 22% of the people who eat at McD's are SHUers.

If McDs users were to all start going there only 1 time per week...I believe they would go bankrupt and at the very least...they would start closing down stores. Franchisers would probably freak.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 03:48 PM
The place I enjoyed going to as a child died nearly 35 years ago. If you want a hamburger,,,find a local place that pats out the burger for you and cooks it right before you put it in your mouth. Burgers aren't the best thing you could eat...but at least you're getting your burger fix and putting money back into the local economy.

The same for those of you who hit Taco Bell, BK, Arby's...

We can do better.

Dean kills his own food....so can you. :D

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 03:56 PM
Towards the end he says that he had eaten as much McDs as nutritionists say he should eat in 8 years...LOL

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 03:59 PM
DAY 30 - THE LAST McSUPPER

ROTFLMFAO!

Boomer.....
11/10/2009, 04:00 PM
The moldy burgers/sandwiches near the end are disturbing.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 04:01 PM
185 pounds to 210 in 30 days.

Soonersince57
11/10/2009, 04:06 PM
You can watch this one for free right now on YouTube.

I never wanted to watch it as I figured I was one of the folks who understood that you can eat that **** anyway.

I was watching his first few days of eating nothing but McDonalds and found myself sick to my stomach. Then as he is eating a Supersize meal...he starts to get sick too. I about tossed my cookies.

I don't know how this guy did it.

Me too. I can only eat breakfast there every now and then. Burgers :P

Chuck Bao
11/10/2009, 04:08 PM
Free 24/7 McD home delivery is the debil.

I've had to stop ordering because it makes me sick. I can feel my heart racing and my blood pressure go up.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 04:09 PM
It took him 8 weeks on a strict vegan diet to get his cholesterol and triglycerides and body levels back to his normal original levels. Then he dropped the vegan thing.

tommieharris91
11/10/2009, 04:10 PM
The place I enjoyed going to as a child died nearly 35 years ago. If you want a hamburger,,,find a local place that pats out the burger for you and cooks it right before you put it in your mouth. Burgers aren't the best thing you could eat...but at least you're getting your burger fix and putting money back into the local economy.

The same for those of you who hit Taco Bell, BK, Arby's...

We can do better.

Dean kills his own food....so can you. :D

I thought Arby's had a big operation in Tulsa...

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 04:14 PM
I thought Arby's had a big operation in Tulsa...

I think it's owned and operated by the Davis Family or at least it was. At one time I think they had over 60 stores.

I will say this...the market fresh sammies are good but you should split one with another person or save it for your next meal. Plus...$7 for a sammich. That's quite a bit. They should offer a 1/2 sammie and some soup.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 04:22 PM
Next up on YouTube! :eek:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/vhs-videos/1406-1.jpg

soonermix
11/10/2009, 04:37 PM
yes overall supersize me is pretty scary.
they scare you by saying how much his cholesterol went up, the weight gain, and how much his general health deteriorated.

what they don't really go into is the fact that this guy really didn't eat that much but during this experiment he had to eat mcdonalds for every meal breakfast, lunch, and dinner. plus his body wasn't used to the ****tyness of mcdonalds. he usually ate pretty healty foods. not to mention that if they asked if he wanted to supersize he had to do it.

now if you take somebody like me who always eats ****ty foods and is already pretty overweight i bet i could do the same general thing as in eat mcdonalds every meal but not be in near as bad of shape as that dude that did it .

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 04:49 PM
SUPERSIZE II? :D

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 05:58 PM
Next up on YouTube! :eek:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/vhs-videos/1406-1.jpg

What an ending....

"Let us pray that someday there will be an end to slavery."

I'm speechless.

I can't believe this is still on YouTube

tidalmouse
11/10/2009, 08:02 PM
Yeh the Dude looked like Crap when he went to the Doc.Face was Flush,Blood Pressure was up and had a prety good Spare Tire going.It looked like if he'd kept it up it might have killed him. :pop:

Chuck Bao
11/11/2009, 03:41 PM
I don't know. Just two years ago, I was saying that fast food franchises could eventually prove to be the healthier eating choices because the big corporate franchises have standards and large long-term contracts to ensure uniformity. Okay, this was back during the bird flu scare. And, who knows where local diners got their food supplies?

I could order a Big Mac and put cottage cheese, or green curry, or picante saunce on it and call it heaven. Messy burger was the best burger and the golden fries were there to mop up any thing that didn't make it to my mouth on the first try. The bonus, of course, was always that I could use my hands and didn't need eating utensils or manners or to be pleasant company with silly talk during the meal.

Okay, I completely discount that opinion now.

I'm still anti-social. I'm still too busy to go out to a proper restaurant and enjoy a leisurely meal. I still like a Big Mac with cottage cheese with a side a Golden Fries. The problem is that my body can't handle it anymore. So, I ditch the fries. Still my body can't handle it. I switch from the Big Mac to the Filet of Fish. Still my body can't handle it. I'm guessing that as we get older it is harder for our body to metablize that stuff. By older, I mean just two years from love it to hate it.

Still, who knows where the local street vendors and restaurants get their chicken, pork and other stuff? The key thing is that I'm not feeling really crappy after eating it, either.

StoopTroup
11/11/2009, 04:36 PM
Is "Big Mac" some sort of code word? ;)

badger
11/11/2009, 04:46 PM
The movie apparently made McD's spend more in PR than the movie itself cost to make.

It also encouraged McD's to have more healthy options for everyone. Instead of fries and soda with Happy Meals, you can now have apples and low fat milk, for example.

Also, McD's no longer has the film's namesake meal option, the "Supersize." It apparently wasn't a big seller anyway.

Chuck Bao
11/11/2009, 05:21 PM
Is "Big Mac" some sort of code word? ;)

No, but "special sauce" is.