PDA

View Full Version : Blake Bell

MamaMia
11/9/2009, 09:26 PM
6'5"
212 lbs.

He will most likely gain about 10 to 15 lbs before the next season begins. He will be a true freshman but will bulk up and start working with receivers this upcoming Spring and during the summer since he'll be here in January. That will put him at around 222 to 217. He never took an official visit to Norman.

He and his dad along with I think...an uncle, who both played pro ball, made a trip to Norman just to look around and he knew; he just knew. The word out is that he will remind us all of Jake Locker from Washington. Hes a duel threat of major proportions. He tore USC up. Thats what we need. I get great comfort in this.

Petro-Sooner
11/9/2009, 09:27 PM
Where is he from?

TXBOOMER
11/9/2009, 09:28 PM
I thought he wasn't going to be in here until the summer.

sooneron
11/9/2009, 09:47 PM
The word out is that he will remind us all of Jake Locker from Washington.

You mean THE Jake Locker that has a lower qb rating than Landry?

oksoonerdave
11/9/2009, 09:47 PM
Blake is from Wichita, KS
High School is Bishop Carroll High School

Curly Bill
11/9/2009, 10:00 PM
Dude's big, will we be turning him into a guard too? :D

LOL, that never gets old! :P

JLEW1818
11/9/2009, 10:25 PM
he reminds me of Bomar

sooneron
11/9/2009, 10:28 PM
Dude's big, will we be turning him into a guard too? :D

LOL, that never gets old! :P

heh

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2009, 10:47 PM
I heard his forearms are the only substance on earth that CAN'T be cut by Ginsu knives.

sooneron
11/9/2009, 10:52 PM
I heard that he has a t shirt with SWAGGER written on it!

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2009, 10:53 PM
I heard he once sold a used pair of underwear to Billy Mays.

MamaMia
11/9/2009, 10:54 PM
You mean THE Jake Locker that has a lower qb rating than Landry? I believe Landry Jones is rated at 69 or 70 on ESPNs QB chart with Locker at 80, but thats not the point. This isn't about Landry Jones or the ratings. Those ratings have a lot to do with raw stats. I don't believe ratings accurately measure a players ability. There are so many factors involved that raw stats can be very deceiving. Locker is up for the 2009 O’Brien Quarterback Award, not that that matters in this discussion either.

The point is that Bell, like Locker, who most of us saw win against Washington, is big. They can scramble and they'll take off running. I've heard Bell is very hard to stop and keeps even the best defenses guessing, that hes pretty fast and hard to bring down. Qualities that reminded me of Locker. I think he'll be a great QB for us.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2009, 10:56 PM
I heard he's the only QB to ever have his dial turned up to ELEVEN.

TXBOOMER
11/9/2009, 10:57 PM
You mean THE Jake Locker that has a lower qb rating than Landry?

Do you seriously think Landry is a better QB than Jake Locker?

Petro-Sooner
11/9/2009, 10:57 PM
Take off running? I'm listening.............

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2009, 10:58 PM
I heard that he's the only man to have the bulls run with HIM.

Last year's event put 18 bulls in the hospital.

sooneron
11/9/2009, 11:08 PM
I believe Landry Jones is rated at 69 or 70 on ESPNs QB chart with Locker at 80, but thats not the point. This isn't about Landry Jones or the ratings. Those ratings have a lot to do with raw stats. I don't believe ratings accurately measure a players ability. There are so many factors involved that raw stats can be very deceiving. Locker is up for the 2009 O’Brien Quarterback Award, not that that matters in this discussion either.

The point is that Bell, like Locker, who most of us saw win against Washington, is big. They can scramble and they'll take off running. I've heard Bell is very hard to stop and keeps even the best defenses guessing, that hes pretty fast and hard to bring down. Qualities that reminded me of Locker. I think he'll be a great QB for us.
He MAY be great, but as you stated so eloquently in another thread. HS is where you show promise. I'm sure by winning state titles and setting passing records, Landry showed all sorts of promise. Bell had better have a 4.4 40 in his arsenal if he wants to keep his jersey clean behind this OL.

And Locker is impressive with his 14 tds to 9 interceptions. Up for the O'Brien? Yeah, that's a stretch for him to win. I can name 10 qbs that will win it before Locker will. Did you get that from UW's SID or something?
And yes, the qb rating does measure how well a qb performs, if you want to disagree over that, it's your perogative, but the rating was devised for a reason.

OUAlumni1990
11/9/2009, 11:15 PM
I heard that he's the only man to have the bulls run with HIM.

Last year's event put 18 bulls in the hospital.

That's not what I heard. I heard the bulls were running, saw HIM, turned around, and scampered back the other way :D

rawlingsHOH
11/9/2009, 11:26 PM
The word out is that he will remind us all of Jake Locker from Washington. Hes a duel threat of major proportions. He got tore up and knocked out by OU. Thats what we need. I get great comfort in this.

Fixed!

MamaMia
11/9/2009, 11:28 PM
He MAY be great, but as you stated so eloquently in another thread. HS is where you show promise. I'm sure by winning state titles and setting passing records, Landry showed all sorts of promise. Bell had better have a 4.4 40 in his arsenal if he wants to keep his jersey clean behind this OL.

And Locker is impressive with his 14 tds to 9 interceptions. Up for the O'Brien? Yeah, that's a stretch for him to win. I can name 10 qbs that will win it before Locker will. Did you get that from UW's SID or something?
And yes, the qb rating does measure how well a qb performs, if you want to disagree over that, it's your perogative, but the rating was devised for a reason.
Thats a lie. I never made that statement. I have never been one to hang my hat on QB ratings. If you want to discuss subject matter that would pertain to Landry Jones or QB ratings, this is not that thread.

Why is it so hard for you to read complimentary comments about an OU recruit?

You just have your panties in a wad because I think Landry Jones played a crappy game Saturday and I said so. Get over it already. :D

tommieharris91
11/9/2009, 11:37 PM
Thats a lie. I never made that statement. I have never been one to hang my hat on QB ratings. If you want to discuss subject matter that would pertain to Landry Jones or QB ratings, this is not that thread.

Need a refresher?

Problem being that "potential" is something you have in high school. Results are what you're suppose to have in college, or at least if you're a Sooner.

sooneron
11/9/2009, 11:39 PM
I stand corrected, it was a lie.

you said potential, not promise.

MamaMia
11/9/2009, 11:52 PM
Do you honestly not know the difference between the words potential and promise?

prrriiide
11/9/2009, 11:52 PM
J. Locker (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184374) 16/24 154 6.4avg 0td 0int
J. Locker (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184374) 12 4 43.7avg 1td 17long

Hmm. Locker's stats in the OU game last year. Our D wasn't world-killers last year, either, and we pretty much bottled him up. I'm just sayin' is all.

Hopefully Bell is all you say. But he'll have to be better against top-tier competition than Locker was against us.

He tore USC up.

Also consider that the D that Locker lit up is a shell of the one that held U-Dub to 190 total yards 2 years ago (Locker didn't play vs USC last year). He's had two years to mature, and USC graduated about half of the defensive players taken in last season's draft. After the USC win, he promptly crapped out an omlet the next week against Stanford:

J. Locker (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184374) 16/31 191 6.2avg 1td 2int

J. Locker (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184374) 6 21 3.5avg 0td 10long

MamaMia
11/9/2009, 11:57 PM
J. Locker (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184374) 16/24 154 6.4avg 0td 0int
J. Locker (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184374) 12 4 43.7avg 1td 17long

Hmm. Locker's stats in the OU game last year. Our D wasn't world-killers last year, either, and we pretty much bottled him up. I'm just sayin' is all.

Hopefully Bell is all you say. But he'll have to be better against top-tier competition than Locker was against us.

Also consider that the D that Locker lit up is a shell of the one that held U-Dub to 190 total yards 2 years ago (Locker didn't play vs USC last year). He's had two years to mature, and USC graduated about half of the defensive players taken in last season's draft. After the USC win, he promptly crapped out an omlet the next week against Stanford:

J. Locker (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184374) 16/31 191 6.2avg 1td 2int

J. Locker (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184374) 6 21 3.5avg 0td 10long Yes, but he can scramble. :D

SoonerMavrick25
11/10/2009, 08:23 AM
I think I remember people being excitied about Tommy Grady, Noah Allen, Brent Rawls, Rhett Bomar, Keith Nichol ...... Did I leave anyone out?

BillyBall
11/10/2009, 08:32 AM
I think I remember people being excitied about Tommy Grady, Noah Allen, Brent Rawls, Rhett Bomar, Keith Nichol ...... Did I leave anyone out?

Troy Aikman

SoonerMavrick25
11/10/2009, 08:40 AM
Troy Aikman

True.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/10/2009, 08:44 AM
I heard he once spent 5 minutes with Tim Tebow and is a better person for it.

Crimson Kid
11/10/2009, 09:07 AM
Even if he can run, bob and the staff will take those wheels off and force him to stay in the pocket.

adoniijahsooner
11/10/2009, 09:12 AM
http://www.varsitykansas.com/top/story/1234.html

sooneron
11/10/2009, 09:47 AM
Do you honestly not know the difference between the words potential and promise?

You need some of one to have the other. Wow, senility is setting in, isn't it?:D

MamaMia
11/10/2009, 10:13 AM
You need some of one to have the other. Wow, senility is setting in, isn't it?:D
Hey, I'm not the one who doesn't know the difference between the words promise and potential. :D
I heard he once spent 5 minutes with Tim Tebow and is a better person for it. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/giggle.gif

My Opinion Matters
11/10/2009, 10:23 AM
That's nice. Landry's our quarterback next year.

FaninAma
11/10/2009, 10:50 AM
Even if he can run, bob and the staff will take those wheels off and force him to stay in the pocket.

That's why it is so easy for the sculpture to create their Heisman statues for the little Heisman park area in front of the stadium.

The simply assume the pose and position they displayed for their entire career at OU.

FaninAma
11/10/2009, 10:50 AM
That's nice. Landry's one of our potential quarterbacks next year.

Fixed. :D

TJKDone
11/10/2009, 11:03 AM
That's nice. Landry's our quarterback next year.

I'm with everyone else Matters. Blake Bell should be the starter next year for sure.

That would be the only scenario I could possibly come up with to guarantee a loss for OU in the RRS.

Hook'em

sooneron
11/10/2009, 11:36 AM
I'm with everyone else Matters. Blake Bell should be the starter next year for sure.

That would be the only scenario I could possibly come up with to guarantee a loss for OU in the RRS.

Hook'em

Who do you guys have in the wings? B/c Charles isn't exactly a win 'em all kind of qb.

srsly, I don't know the depth chart.

sooneron
11/10/2009, 11:38 AM
Hey, I'm not the one who doesn't know the difference between the words promise and potential. :D

Let me know if you need a good doctor for that tendonitis you're going to have grasping at straws the way you are...:D

goingoneight
11/10/2009, 12:21 PM

Why does everybody always say this like it's an insult to classically train a quarterback in a passing offense? I mean a zone-read every now and then or a sneak is fine, but how much better is a guy REALLY just because he takes off too early? Tom Brady? Peyton Manning? How much do those guys run? Sam Bradford rarely ever ran with the ball. He had the athleticism to pick up critical yardage on breakdowns, but he kept his eyes on the guys who are there to make plays for him. Heupel was the same way.

Mjcpr
11/10/2009, 12:22 PM
He throws funny.

o_shaw
11/10/2009, 12:25 PM
Who do you guys have in the wings? B/c Charles isn't exactly a win 'em all kind of qb.

srsly, I don't know the depth chart.

Jamal Charles? Texas is going exclusively to the wildcat with an NFL running back?

primetime43
11/10/2009, 12:29 PM
Jake Locker may have pedestrian stats but he'll be a top 10 pick.

sooneron
11/10/2009, 12:33 PM
Jamal Charles? Texas is going exclusively to the wildcat with an NFL running back?

I meant Chiles.

goingoneight
11/10/2009, 12:35 PM
It's going to be Harris or the new kid, Gilbert from what I hear from the overconfident whorn coworker.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/10/2009, 12:37 PM
Jake Locker may have pedestrian stats but he'll be a top 10 pick.

i'd like to argue with you but i went back and looked at some of the top 10 QB picks in the NFL draft over the last 2 decades.

swardboy
11/10/2009, 12:44 PM
He throws funny.

Hard to intercept.....

Bourbon St Sooner
11/10/2009, 01:33 PM
Do you seriously think Landry is a better QB than Jake Locker?

I think Landry has a better record than Jake Locker.

tator
11/10/2009, 01:56 PM
I heard Bell is a man, and he's not even 40.

yankee
11/10/2009, 09:25 PM
It's going to be Harris or the new kid, Gilbert from what I hear from the overconfident whorn coworker.

gilbert is without a doubt the future of the horns at QB. he's already the 2nd stringer as a true freshman. it's his team next year, barring any unforeseeable events.

yankee
11/10/2009, 09:26 PM
I think Landry has a better record than Jake Locker.

i think landry is on a much better team than locker.

w0lfe
11/11/2009, 09:06 AM
I guarantee you the people surrounding locker dont supposedly have the talent that Landry has around him. Washington has sucked for awhile now.

SoonerPr8r
11/11/2009, 10:49 AM
I agree with the last couple of posters in that Locker hasn't had near the talent around him that Landry has. I think Locker on a better team would be a beast and a heisman candidate.

Also, I believe we will have a 2 to 3 way battle for QB next spring.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/11/2009, 01:19 PM
I guarantee you the people surrounding locker dont supposedly have the talent that Landry has around him. Washington has sucked for awhile now.

and you are basing this on? there were some 2nd stringers on washington's squad last year that were impressive when they came in against us.

SoonerMavrick25
11/11/2009, 02:30 PM
I would hope that OU has more talent then an 0-12 team last year. I know they were hit with injuries a lot like we are this year. So I agree that if you place Locker on this team, or surround him with some good college talent he would be of the beastly variety. That said he might not play in the NFL. Dude was drafted in the 10th round by the LAA Angels and signed with them. Might pull a Samardzija, Shelf life in baseball seems a little better then QB. Unless your last name is Favre.

Widescreen
11/11/2009, 03:28 PM
and you are basing this on? there were some 2nd stringers on washington's squad last year that were impressive when they came in against us.

And those awesome 2nd stringers helped them light our horrible defense up for 14 whole points, right?

w0lfe
11/11/2009, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi

And those awesome 2nd stringers help them light our horrible defense up for 14 whole points, right?

And didnt win a game last year