PDA

View Full Version : Pac-10 reinstates UO Blount...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/9/2009, 02:59 PM
I guess the 2009 season has been completed... (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/fbc/6711409.html)

westbrooke
11/9/2009, 03:07 PM
Hey, it's not like he lied to the NCAA about what happened.

What a bizarre season in so many ways...

badger
11/9/2009, 03:33 PM
If I were an Oregon fan, I would have been embarrassed beyond belief to have that clown running around in an Oregon uniform punching that mouthy BS player and then trying to attack BS fans.

But, I'm not, so it's up to them. It's not like any other school is punching their arrogant, thuggie players this season.

SoonerLB
11/9/2009, 03:37 PM
Must be the debut of Oregon's new 'Reward a thug" campaign, showing the rest of the country what class they have.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2009, 03:57 PM
I suspect there may have been potential law suits to consider.

Leroy Lizard
11/9/2009, 10:59 PM
Who suspended him? Oregon or the conference?

Curly Bill
11/9/2009, 11:13 PM
He should have got a medal for punching that d*uchetastic BS player...

...for the aftermath of that incident, not so much.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2009, 01:08 AM
He should have got a medal for punching that d*uchetastic BS player...

...for the aftermath of that incident, not so much.

Yes! Okay, maybe not a medal - but it was a perfect example of why there are rules against taunting. That dipshizz BSU player was taunting big time and their weenie conference should have stepped in and suspended his azz after his weenie coach didn't.

sooner59
11/10/2009, 01:16 AM
Its not like he lied about something he did that wasn't even against the rules, he just threw a right hook and crushed a dude's jaw on national television, then tried to climb up in the stands to fight the fans. I mean, come on. LOL.

I hope that Arizona St. holds him to negative yards so I can see this headline:

Sun Devils Smoke Blount!

Sooner70
11/10/2009, 06:53 AM
I had a lot of respect for HC Kelly after he suspended this guy "...the rest of the season", and now I have zero respect for him. Not only did he go back on his word, he's trying to hide behind his conference administration and make it look like that body is "allowing" the player back. What a spin.

Folks, I realize OU's season is fizzling and Stoops et al is catching heat, but I guarantee you, Bob S. would never be caught in this kind of thing. First of all, in the initial press conference after the game, Bob would've never said "...Blount is suspended the rest of the season ", like Kelly firmly committed. Stoops woulda said something like "....it's an unexcusable act and he's been suspended indefinitely." Bob is smart in this way and would've left himself an out. Kelly looks like an idiot for handling it this way. He shoulda stuck by his word. He didn't. This has and will come back to bite him. To me, he has no credibility. How can you say one thing & turn around and do another? AND to top it off, try to make it look like it's out of your hands? Pathetic.

OUMallen
11/10/2009, 10:24 AM
Must be the debut of Oregon's new 'Reward a thug" campaign, showing the rest of the country what class they have.

This is better than what Brandon Spikes did X10.

ouwapiti
11/10/2009, 10:35 AM
spikes act was premeditated... isnt that worse than a 'crime of passion'???evidently not ???

47straight
11/10/2009, 11:02 AM
Blount didn't call some other team the dirtiest team he had ever seen. Thus he's not a pathetic hypocrite like Spikes is.

jadubya
11/10/2009, 11:19 AM
BoulderSooner & CurleyBill....

Get your facts straight. Punkass Blount was talking to the media during the offseason and the ENTIRE week leading up to the game that Boise had "an asswhipping coming to them" and that Blount was going to give it to them.

BSU promptly b-slaps his loud mouth during the game by holding him to under 20 yards (i think) and forcing him to fumble.

THe BSU player told Blount after the game "i guess that is 2 *** whippings you owe us" and was slugged while turning his head.

******tastic? Yep....but not on the BSU player. Classic case of loudmouth punk who can dish it out.....but can't take it. If you are gonna talk the talk.....then you better be able to back it up on the field.....and at the VERY LEAST not go psycho defcon 5 on national tv while screaming/threatening fans.

Props to the BSU player for sticking his nose right back in it. If any player was talking that kind of shat before coming to Norman.....and we promptly drilled them.....I would have no problem with our players reminding him of what just happened.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2009, 11:41 AM
I got the facts straight. Classy players shake hands after the game -- especially the winners. That BSU player had *scoreboard* on Blount and needed to say no more. I would have big problems with an OU player pulling that kind of sh*t. I'm not defending Blount - both players acted like children. My point is that this is why there are anti-taunting rules and the BSU player took advantage of the fact the game was over to side-step them. I am confident this behavior would not go unnoticed by Stoops.

jadubya
11/10/2009, 12:41 PM
I agree with your assessment as to what classy players should do. However, I have no problem giving the "talker" back his own line....after his butt has been kicked. If you don't think exponentially worse things have been said by Sooners........or any other team during a game........or before a game......then you have your head in the sand. Good grief....the entire OU/Texas game would be called a forfeit due to excessive taunting in the tunnel.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2009, 01:28 PM
I agree with your assessment as to what classy players should do. However, I have no problem giving the "talker" back his own line....after his butt has been kicked. If you don't think exponentially worse things have been said by Sooners........or any other team during a game........or before a game......then you have your head in the sand. Good grief....the entire OU/Texas game would be called a forfeit due to excessive taunting in the tunnel.

I know crap goes on, but after the game is over - the game is over. If the player is so distraught by the loss or over-whelmed with the desire to rub it in, they should just head for the showers. What BSU-breath did was pre-meditated to evoke an angry response. This really was 10yo playground behavior - some kids feel the need to taunt until they get other kids so upset they try to start a fight. These are 20yo men, not 10yo boys. Blount is a moron and I suspect he is the type that will repeatedly "learn" life lessons until he takes the big dirt nap. The BSU kid let Blount lower himself to Blount's level. But not my team and as I said, I doubt a Stoops player will ever do this.