PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Two Teams

salth2o
11/9/2009, 01:57 PM
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

August 2009 - The cup of optimism runneth over. We are planning on a strong run to #8.

November 2009 - The cup of pessimism runneth over (at least for some). Many are hoping that we get bowl eligible.

My personal feelings are that a person's (or team's) true character is revealed in its time of greatest challenge. We will see how this young Sooner bunch handles the remainder of the year and grows from going through a ton of adversity.

This quote seems appropriate...

"If we study the lives of great men and women carefully and unemotionally we find that, invariably, greatness was developed, tested and revealed through the darker periods of their lives. One of the largest tributaries of the RIVER OF GREATNESS is always the STREAM OF ADVERSITY."
- Cavett Robert

Boomer Sooner!

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2009, 02:00 PM
Or how about this quote...

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

SunnySooner
11/9/2009, 02:29 PM
"Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be." Machiavelli

Time to dig deep!! Boomer!

OUDoc
11/9/2009, 02:34 PM
"DOH!" -Homer Simpson

Howzit
11/9/2009, 02:35 PM
"Ahhhh mom...you know I'm not like other guys. I'm nervous and my socks are too loose."
- Waldo

OUDoc
11/9/2009, 02:37 PM
http://www.emeraldlich.com/blog/pics/1138/1138_2.jpg

Desert Sapper
11/9/2009, 02:50 PM
'What does not kill me makes me stronger.' Friedrich Nietzche

kevpks
11/9/2009, 03:51 PM
"DOH!" -Homer Simpson

“You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is: never try.” -Homer Simpson

stoopified
11/9/2009, 05:01 PM
I'm so horny if I run into the wall I'm gonna beep.-stoopified

FaninAma
11/9/2009, 05:12 PM
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

August 2009 - The cup of optimism runneth over. We are planning on a strong run to #8.

November 2009 - The cup of pessimism runneth over (at least for some). Many are hoping that we get bowl eligible.

My personal feelings are that a person's (or team's) true character is revealed in its time of greatest challenge. We will see how this young Sooner bunch handles the remainder of the year and grows from going through a ton of adversity.

This quote seems appropriate...

"If we study the lives of great men and women carefully and unemotionally we find that, invariably, greatness was developed, tested and revealed through the darker periods of their lives. One of the largest tributaries of the RIVER OF GREATNESS is always the STREAM OF ADVERSITY."
- Cavett Robert

Boomer Sooner!

The seeds of the demise of this year's team were sewn last year.

Failure to improve the OL's run blocking skills.

The failure to anticipate and prepare for the potential worst case scenario.....Bradford's injury.

kevpks
11/9/2009, 05:28 PM
Does anyone else remember in the late 90s when they used the play the "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" clip from Animal House when we would fall behind at home.

goingoneight
11/9/2009, 05:41 PM
"F**k Texas."
-Albert Einstein