PDA

View Full Version : Moving on: The Support Landry Thread

NormanPride
11/9/2009, 11:51 AM
Okay, so Landry sucked against Nebraska. What he CANNOT DO is suck against the aggies. This is our best chance at becoming bowl eligible and we need to give him the most confidence we can.

That means no booing. No, not even if he throws a pick-six on his first pass. Okay, you can grumble, but NO BOOING.

Instead, cheer. Cheer hard when he comes out. Cheer even harder when he steps up after a bad play. Go nuts when he does something good. If he knows that we're behind him no matter what, maybe he steps into that throw on the screen pass and hits DeMarco in stride for a big gain. If he BELIEVES that we will cheer for him even if he makes a mistake, maybe he'll play better. And that, my fellow Sooner Fans, is what we need right now.

We, as fans, can control the atmosphere against A&M. So, you don't have to forget the crappy performance against Nebraska, but I implore you to not let it influence your fandom come Saturday. CHEER HARD.

OKLA21FAN
11/9/2009, 11:53 AM
IN!

NormanPride
11/9/2009, 11:58 AM
As an added bonus, I am spekking everyone who agrees to cheer for Landry.

:les: BRIBERY WORKS, PEOPLE!

badger
11/9/2009, 12:04 PM
I will cheer for Landry... and the rest of the OU football team.

I am quite anti-Aggie.

Go Landry! :)

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 12:08 PM
OU fans will be cheering for Landry and the team. All the faggoty-assed haters will be too busy gnashing their teeth and diddling themselves to pictures of sheep - cause deep down inside, they're aggy.

westbrooke
11/9/2009, 12:12 PM
Hell. Yes. This absolutely needed to be said. Give 'em hell, Landry.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2009, 12:15 PM
http://fitjohnny.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/hater_tots1.jpg

FaninAma
11/9/2009, 12:17 PM
OU fans will be cheering for Landry and the team. All the faggoty-assed haters will be too busy gnashing their teeth and diddling themselves to pictures of sheep - cause deep down inside, they're aggy.

Of course all true OU fans will be cheering for Landry on Saturday because there is no option. That's the coaches fault not Landry's.

I hope he goes on and becomes the best QB OU ever had but it doesn't change the fact he had a bad game Saturday. So bad in fact that I think it's legitimate to be concerned about his ability to handle high pressure games/situations. But again that will be a coaching determination, not mine.

The fact is that Landry will get every opportunity to succeed. I hope he does. I do agree that it is very aggyish to hope the kid fails just to support a personal opinion that Landry may not be up to the job. I have held many opinions that have been absolutely wrong so while I may doubt Landry's ability to handle the job it will in no way keep me from hoping he succeeds and cheering for him on Saturdays.

rainiersooner
11/9/2009, 12:25 PM
He's got my full support.

Maybe he needs to grow the 'stache back?

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 12:34 PM
He's got my full support.

Landry has my support until there is someone else standing behind center.

The Coaching Staff has my support as well.

Some folks ought to send their tickets in to the ticket office so Students and Fans who want to support the Team can go...at the very least...give them to a charity. They could take some time off and go to a game in Stoolwater. It might help them realign their perspective a bit. Then if they still feel the same way in April...they can tear up their Season Ticket Renewal. I need four together next year anyway.

:pop:

goingoneight
11/9/2009, 12:34 PM
Keep in mind that the terrible performance was three shanked field goals from being a win.

Landry will get better with time. Sam was awful against Iowa State in 2007, just that ISU didn't have a defense to make us pay for it. That and we had better OL and WR corps supporting him.

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 12:39 PM
That was a Team loss. I'm betting Tress has been kicking FGs since he got back to Norman.

cvsooner
11/9/2009, 12:40 PM
Kurt Warner, winner of Super Bowls, threw five interceptions last week in a loss. Yesterday he tossed five TDs.

Soonersince57
11/9/2009, 12:41 PM
He's looked great at home and good at Kansas. I bet he does well this weekend!

SunnySooner
11/9/2009, 12:43 PM
I'll be cheering from FL--Go Landry!!!
Landry's Greatest Hits--the reason he's a Sooner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyeWat53qJU

Blues1
11/9/2009, 12:43 PM
Of course all true OU fans will be cheering for Landry on Saturday because there is no option. That's the coaches fault not Landry's.

I hope he goes on and becomes the best QB OU ever had but it doesn't change the fact he had a bad game Saturday. So bad in fact that I think it's legitimate to be concerned about his ability to handle high pressure games/situations. But again that will be a coaching determination, not mine.

The fact is that Landry will get every opportunity to succeed. I hope he does. I do agree that it is very aggyish to hope the kid fails just to support a personal opinion that Landry may not be up to the job. I have held many opinions that have been absolutely wrong so while I may doubt Landry's ability to handle the job it will in no way keep me from hoping he succeeds and cheering for him on Saturdays.

After 57 years do you think I would Not Root for "The Whole Team" ~~~ ?
I root for Every Player on Every Down in Every Game --- But IF this 2009 Sooner Team plans to Win this game "Everyone Needs to Step it Up a Bunch"....The fans can only Cheer when there's something to Cheer about.....

Neb 10 OU 3 ~~~ This is Not Oklahoma Football ~ If we Lower our Expectations it Might become OU Football.....

TheUnnamedSooner
11/9/2009, 12:46 PM
I was on the fence until you offered spek...

so,

IN!

;)

OKC-SLC
11/9/2009, 12:49 PM
in

NormanPride
11/9/2009, 12:51 PM
I was on the fence until you offered spek...

so,

IN!

;)

No spek for you! :texan:

SoonerMavrick25
11/9/2009, 12:51 PM
I agree. I'll be there supporting. Here's to Landry and a 4 game winning streak into next season!! (I broke company policy today and wore an OU polo) HA!

SoonerMavrick25
11/9/2009, 12:52 PM
No spek for you! :texan:

Soup nazi? Is that you????

1890MilesToNorman
11/9/2009, 12:53 PM
Yep, we need to help him forget about Nebraska. In 100% and then some.

NormanPride
11/9/2009, 12:54 PM
http://cooknkate.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/sein_soup_nazi.jpg

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif

TUSooner
11/9/2009, 12:57 PM
IN, of course.
Sheesh, how could you not be?! The guy had 1 bad game against a top D. That stuff happens.

badger
11/9/2009, 01:12 PM
I really hope we can find a good FG kicker before next season. That is more troubling than the QB position right now, cuz we all know Landry will bounce back to his other-record setting performance (not the record-setting performance of Saturday, of course).

sooneron
11/9/2009, 01:34 PM
IN, of course.
Sheesh, how could you not be?! The guy had 1 bad game against a top D. That stuff happens.

This ^

and VERY IN! Of course, I wasn't ready to dump him the second that the off season rolled around.:rolleyes:

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/9/2009, 01:59 PM
In fer sher! LJ is not the problem. He's a stud.

NormanPride
11/9/2009, 01:59 PM
Guys, I'm not saying anyone was ready to dump him as soon as that game was over. I think very few were and, after sleeping, I think even fewer are now. Alls I'm saying is that the best thing we can do for our team right now is build the confidence of the young man that captains the offensive ship.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2009, 02:08 PM
I ran an experiment and watched several games with lowered expectation and several others with raised expectations. (Double-blind study, randomly selected, yada yada)

Results: No apparent difference

boomermagic
11/9/2009, 02:12 PM
Jones will be great in time.. He needs experience that's all...

NormanPride
11/9/2009, 02:12 PM
I ran an experiment and watched several games with lowered expectation and several others with raised expectations. (Double-blind study, randomly selected, yada yada)

Results: No apparent difference

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif

Sooner04
11/9/2009, 02:19 PM
I'm booing his mustachioed *** during warmups and I'm heaving fruit at him when he comes out of the tunnel for the game. I'll bet I'm more accurate with a tomato from section 102 than he was in Lincoln from between the hashmarks.

Viva Los Bradford!

OklahomaRed
11/9/2009, 02:19 PM
In!

The bus is leaving the terminal whether someone wants to get on or not, so let's put on our crimson glasses and see where this bus is going!

Sooners through thick and thin!

FaninAma
11/9/2009, 02:22 PM
I'm booing his mustachioed *** during warmups and I'm heaving fruit at him when he comes out of the tunnel for the game. I'll bet I'm more accurate with a tomato from section 102 than he was in Lincoln from between the hashmarks.

Viva Los Bradford!

Holy crap Brandon. That is funny.

I tend to be in the camp that feels that your QB either has it or he doesn't.

Jason White had it. Josh had it. Bradford had it. You could tell at a fairly early point in their career.

My prediction, not hope, is Landry does not fall into the previously mentioned group.

SoonerStud615
11/9/2009, 02:24 PM
All the bitching in the world can (and usually does here) happen Saturday night-Friday night, but Saturday morning, its gameday and we're all Sooner born and Sooner bred!

SCxxSOONER
11/9/2009, 02:25 PM
Okay, so Landry sucked against Nebraska. What he CANNOT DO is suck against the aggies. This is our best chance at becoming bowl eligible and we need to give him the most confidence we can.

That means no booing. No, not even if he throws a pick-six on his first pass. Okay, you can grumble, but NO BOOING.

Instead, cheer. Cheer hard when he comes out. Cheer even harder when he steps up after a bad play. Go nuts when he does something good. If he knows that we're behind him no matter what, maybe he steps into that throw on the screen pass and hits DeMarco in stride for a big gain. If he BELIEVES that we will cheer for him even if he makes a mistake, maybe he'll play better. And that, my fellow Sooner Fans, is what we need right now.

We, as fans, can control the atmosphere against A&M. So, you don't have to forget the crappy performance against Nebraska, but I implore you to not let it influence your fandom come Saturday. CHEER HARD.

Agreed, Ive been as hard on Landry as anyone, but we have to look past the nebraska game and move on from it, let's not let this one game define his career. He is who we have at qb at the university of Oklahoma right now so let's do our best and support him. Boomer

FaninAma
11/9/2009, 02:28 PM
BTW, I heard that the CIA was recruiting Landry very hard because they heard he was an expert at overthrowing things.

I know, lame.

Sooner04
11/9/2009, 02:35 PM
I wish Bob Stoops would take a page out of Jerry Jones's playbook and BENCH LANDRY!

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 02:47 PM
I might take a play outta that book and bench Brando, the mulleted priest lover.

Sooner04
11/9/2009, 02:50 PM
Go Padres!

Man, how good would these Sooners be if we had the efficient quarterback play of Tarvaris Jackson guiding our ship.

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 02:55 PM
What we really need is an intra-mural bowling star guiding the SS Stoops.

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/9/2009, 03:02 PM
I've been a Sooner since birth(82') and made it through Blake and that old drunk so nothing, I mean NOTHING will stop me from wearing my Crimson and Cream and being a supportive fan. I usually refrain from posting after losses because of all the haters in the house and people jumping off the ledge but damn it people, these are 18-23 year old STUDENT ATHLETES! These kids give their college lives up to play college football and we should all be so proud as to be priviledged enough to yell loud and proud for our boys. Gripe and complain all you want about the coaching staff because they're grown men who are doing a job. The deserve praise when they do a good job and to be reprimanded when they do a poor job just like all of us in the work force of America. But for the young men who give 4-5 years of their lives for our beloved university, yell as loud for them as you would when we're 9-0 but do the same when we're 0-9.

Now let's beat the damn aggies and get bowl eligible! Sorry all, my rant is now done.

BOOMER!

Sooner04
11/9/2009, 03:03 PM
Well, we'd be that much closer to going back to the Wishbone, so I bet I'd be worshipped.

:)

jdsooner
11/9/2009, 04:02 PM
Hooray for Landry! Hooray for Beer!

Boomer Sooner!

Bourbon St Sooner
11/9/2009, 04:43 PM
Holy crap Brandon. That is funny.

I tend to be in the camp that feels that your QB either has it or he doesn't.

Jason White had it. Josh had it. Bradford had it. You could tell at a fairly early point in their career.

My prediction, not hope, is Landry does not fall into the previously mentioned group.

I remember Peyton Manning throwing 4 ints against UCLA his Freshman year. Boy, that guy just never had it.

stoopified
11/9/2009, 05:03 PM
Beat T.Boone Stae and I will be the BIGGEST Landry supporter.

SunnySooner
11/9/2009, 05:16 PM
My nomination for the 2009 season theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barLaHrtvoM

Chuck Bao
11/9/2009, 05:20 PM
I will be cheering for Landry. He will be a great OU quarterback when he gets more experience.

FaninAma
11/9/2009, 05:23 PM
I will be cheering for Landry. He will be a great OU quarterback when he gets more experience.

If he is the starting QB I will, too. I just don't want him annointed the definite starter this spring by the coaching staff. I want them to throw the competiton wide open including giving Bell an honest shot if he comes in early.

soonerP_A_C
11/9/2009, 05:40 PM
I'm in, too...

and if he beats osu I'll grow a 'stache myself... and it won't be pretty.

RedstickSooner
11/9/2009, 06:14 PM
I'll cheer for him. Think the only thing I really yell at the TV about where it's directed at players is when receivers drop catchable balls. I always feel like if you're gonna suit up and call yourself a wide receiver, your number one priority day in and day out should be catching a ball. Hell, I'd rather have some dude who runs a 5.6 40 yard dash, but catches everything thrown to him, than an athlete who lets it bounce off his hands.

The rest of my yelling is usually at the coaches, because if a play doesn't work, I usually figure it's the coaches' fault for calling it instead of something else.

I'll be watching and cheering, but I won't be as emotionally vested from here on out. I can't really help that: I consider us a championship team, and once we're bounced from championship contention, game outcomes become much less critical to me.

Now, it's all about recreational fandom. Just watching the games because it's football, and it's the Sooners playing, and I always get a little flash back to my youth and our glory days in the 1980s and how it felt to watch games with my dad back then.

badger
11/9/2009, 06:52 PM
Bump!

Even if you are angry at Landry now, think of the home winning streak we have going. Landry must have our utmost support to keep this record going. If he gets the offense moving, we won't need to worry about our FG issues.

KEEP THE STREAK ALIVE! Go, Landry, go!

MyT Oklahoma
11/9/2009, 07:14 PM
In like Flint.

P.S. Your either a Sooner or your not folks. It's just that simple.

canes4ever
11/9/2009, 07:20 PM
Jones is not a bad QB. He should do just fine against the Aggies,Suh was draped all over Landry last weekend. Your Oline needs to step up,outside Broyles,the OU receivers this year are not as good as past seasons so Jones needs another sec or two.

BigBoomerInBigD
11/9/2009, 08:00 PM
In!

BOOMER!!!!

SoonerTrain
11/9/2009, 09:35 PM
I'm in! Time to rally Sooners!

AlbqSooner
11/9/2009, 09:38 PM
I started watching the Sooners in September 1954. I was oh so easy to be a fan. I cheered them through Gomer, Gibbs, Blake, and Smelly.
I will cheer them for the remainder of this season.
I also predict, as I have before, that Landry will be one of the GREAT OU quarterbacks before he leaves.

Crucifax Autumn
11/9/2009, 10:28 PM
I have always and will always cheer my team and I will always cheer for Landry or any other player to have a great game and bring home the win. And if I start throwing fruits and vegetables, it's gonna be some of the fruits posting here getting thrown at some of the vegetables posting here

NormanPride
11/10/2009, 10:54 AM
Bumping for great justice. Visualize cheering for the team, visualize sending good vibes and confident mindwaves. Imagine yourself standing the whole game even though your knees ache and the kid in front of you is crying about the popcorn he spilled on the ground. You can do it!

ouwapiti
11/10/2009, 11:12 AM
i love ya boy......just dont let it happen again!!!!haha

badger
11/10/2009, 11:22 AM
Visualize the comfy couch that reclines. Visualize the big screen plasma that can pause and rewind live television. Visualize Fox Sports Net having as good of a broadcast as ESPN or ABC, if only OVERSTOCK.COM would keep their little yellow line on the field all of the time. You can do it!

(I am trying to reach the rest of the audience that will not include 85k at Owen Field!)

texas bandman
11/10/2009, 12:48 PM
In...Landry had a bad day, I'm positive he'll rebound and heck, "I'm Sooner Born and Sooner bred" I always rooted for all of the Sooners during the 90's so why would I stop now.