PDA

View Full Version : So I went to my first Nascar race yesterday

GrapevineSooner
11/9/2009, 09:38 AM
I can see why some of you are addicted to these races in person.

Observations:

* TV simply does not do the speed of motorsports justice. I took my father-in-law with me, and he said he literally got knocked down on his *** the first time he experienced the whole field going by us on the backstretch running wide open.

* It's fun to watch drunk people in public.

* Eddie Gossage and the staff at TMS know how to do this right, from the traffic to the service once you're at the track...top notch.

* Also a nice touch having a Chinook helicopter bring in the pace car and having the bomber fly over...after having the TCU Marching Band play the national anthem.

* I get why the 48 is hated. What I couldn't understand is why the Jeff Gordon fans in our section were leading the way with all that hatred.

* Probably won't go next April because our son/daughter will be only a few weeks old by then. But I fully intend on going to next November's race.

OUHOMER
11/9/2009, 08:26 PM
i used to have season tickets, camped out for the whole weekend. It was a blast, I need to go again one of these days

kbsooner21
11/9/2009, 09:24 PM
Grapevine, I never really cared for it until I went with my dad to Texas in 04'. I've become addicted ever since! I've now been to Daytona, Bristol, and I think yesterday made my 7th trip to Texas. Yesterday's prerace with that Chinook was the BEST I've ever witnessed! That was awesome! Glad you had a good time and everytime I hear somebody knocking NASCAR, I say at least go to a live race first. :D