PDA

View Full Version : THIS defense

Jello Biafra
11/9/2009, 09:17 AM
with all of the negative, idiotic horseshiite thats been posted on here for the last couple of days, Id like to call out a particular part of this team that is definatley keeping us from being o-fer in big XII play....

this defense is stout gentleman (and ladies badg and sic 'em)

i read at one point in the game saturday, the bug eaters had like -1 yard of rushing going into the third series. hell, if it hadnt have been for a (in my opinion) pass interference no call, and a return to the one, nebbish porbably wouldnt have scored but three points. now, we hold on to this type of play in that game and we get a few breaks here and there, we go into halftime up 21-0 minimum. this is also the same team that has shutout two opponents.

we find a back that has a little bit of vision, a kicker who can kick, a few lineman that can block, a qb that can keep the passes from getting away from him and a few receivers that can consistantly catch a ball, we roll them fools.

the team is young, the coaches are good, the defense is stout. if you can't handle the losses, shut your mouth and at least ACT intelligent.

Widescreen
11/9/2009, 09:40 AM
we find a back that has a little bit of vision, a kicker who can kick, a few lineman that can block, a qb that can keep the passes from getting away from him and a few receivers that can consistantly catch a ball, we roll them fools.

In other words, if we replace our offense and kickers with really good players, we'd be fine? Good plan.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/9/2009, 09:47 AM
Agree, see my Andre' Ware thread. Avg. margin of defeat 3 points. No team more than 21 points. You would think that our offense could score more than 21 points.

Sooner in Tampa
11/9/2009, 10:03 AM
I agree the defense has done the job...time and time again.

I mean come on...the bugeates has 180 total yds of offense...180...and one play was 60 yds...That is PATHETIC

And lest we forget 1 of 14 on 3rd down converstions!!!

DO NOT POINT THE FINGER AT THE DEFENSE!

Jello Biafra
11/9/2009, 10:10 AM
i just feel like all of our issues right now is confidence.

the qb throwing high is his being scared to step into his throws because he is not trusting the blocking.

the wrs are not giving up their bodies to catch the ball for fear of getting the shiite knocked out of them. notice only a few times have receivers left their feet to catch and most of those catches were broyles.

the line is not strong enough yet to handle these older defenses we are facing...did you see suh throwing our lineman around? throwing them! like they were 240 lb high school lineman.

the vision of the runningbacks is an issue because they are just trusting the hole will open and when it never does, they just simply run into the back of the blocker....for gods sakes man! stick your hand out on the back of the lineman and look for a hole and get there.

the offense needs to find itself again. BUT THE DEFENSE!!!! the defense is what is allowing them to get those plays...

this defense is freaking awesome.

Sooner04
11/9/2009, 10:13 AM
In our four losses our defense has given up 14, 21, 16 and 10 points. That's an average of just over 15 points a game.

Jello Biafra
11/9/2009, 10:16 AM
In our four losses our defense has given up 14, 21, 16 and 10 points. That's an average of just over 15 points a game.

i say if we keep teams from scoring 14 points, we should win. it just seems weird saying that. i mean we had like 6 or 7 games last year in which we scored 60+?

Jello Biafra
11/9/2009, 10:47 AM
yeh....for the most part, you guys suck. try and bring some poisitive to this bad situation and (most) everyone will ignore. but by gawd, two days after the loss and we are still beating up on teanagers and their gameplay and coaches who a year ago were the best college football had to offer. im out. dont know when ill be back.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/9/2009, 10:59 AM
true dat.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2009, 11:02 AM
Fo realz.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2009, 11:09 AM
I agree the defense has done the job...time and time again.

I mean come on...the bugeates has 180 total yds of offense...180...and one play was 60 yds...That is PATHETIC

And lest we forget 1 of 14 on 3rd down converstions!!!

DO NOT POINT THE FINGER AT THE DEFENSE!

And on that "drive" that had the 60 yard run, NU didn't score. The offense put 13 points on the board - unfortunately 10 went on the wrong side. I saw one poster claim the defense couldn't get a stop when we needed it! I wonder if that person had the TV on the wrong channel. It was a really bad game for the offense and hopefully goes into the lessons learned column. But the defense (and Broyles) played lights out and were a joy to watch.

cvsooner
11/9/2009, 01:05 PM
the line is not strong enough yet to handle these older defenses we are facing...did you see suh throwing our lineman around? throwing them! like they were 240 lb high school lineman.

Nebraska's defense has been doing that to just about everybody. Suh and Crick are tremendous players. Couple that with our offensive line problems, which directly lead to everything else (i.e., so-so running game with two backs who combined for 2,000 yards last season; and receiving corps that can't seem to hang on to the ball consistently, and a freshman quarterback who had an exceptionally bad night, and a blocked field goal), and you've got all the makings for a loss.

Nebraska was able to capitalize on three mistakes, really: two interceptions and a personal foul penalty. Their only mistake was a fumble that stopped a drive. If we weren't having to throw the ball all over creation since we can't seem to run, I'm not sure the outcome wouldn't have been different.

We make all field goals and we win, 12-10. They make the one they missed and we lose by a point. It's a funny game sometimes.

Considering the offensive line is being held together by superglue and adhesive tape, they're not too bad. They got a real education Saturday night. Man...Nebraska has a really good defense. Landry would have had to be super-accurate and receivers would have had to have velcro hands to win that game.

Widescreen
11/9/2009, 01:12 PM
Landry would have had to be super-accurate and receivers would have had to have velcro hands to win that game.

Or, as you just pointed out, a reliable kicker.

JLEW1818
11/9/2009, 01:19 PM
wish we had this D last year

basically was, cept 2 players

and a year older

soonerlaw
11/9/2009, 01:45 PM
speaking of defense, anyone know the status of English?