PDA

View Full Version : Will 11/14 be the first non-sellout?

colinreturn
11/9/2009, 03:45 AM
:pop: i will be there, but i have a bad feeling that the sellout streak is over...

pappy
11/9/2009, 04:10 AM
nah...sooner nation will show up as always.

SGT Park3R
11/9/2009, 06:48 AM
nah...sooner nation will show up as always.

I concur.

AlbqSooner
11/9/2009, 06:56 AM
I understood that all games were sellouts already. If you are asking about no-shows, that is another question.

batonrougesooner
11/9/2009, 07:22 AM
home night game against B12 opponent.

It will be packed.

King Barry's Back
11/9/2009, 08:49 AM
Yeah, the only tickets that might be available are tickets returned by A&M, and I wouldn't expect that to be so many.

SteelClip49
11/9/2009, 09:27 AM
For OU fans who regularly go to games and decide not to go this coming weekend because of being 5-4 might as well turn in their SOONER card and go jump on some other train. Either you are a SOONER or you are not.

Boo-Effin-Hoo...it's a learning process and it's just one season. Stop complaining and support OU. If you can't support OU while they are down then it shows our fanbase is really weak.

Nebraska fans know how to support their team when down in the dumps. For those who don't go to the game on Saturday just because you are pissed then all I have to say is....relinquish your SOONER fandom and don't ever come the F back!

Veritas
11/9/2009, 09:34 AM
What kind of dumbass question is this? Of course Sooners will show up. Sheesh.

Get some perspective. Rather than your HEISMAN TROPHY WINNING QB under center you have a boy who this time last year was still lining up across from kids as young as 15 and 16. Your crazy awesome tight end has missed the old season from injury. Your O-line all graduated last year.

It's been a bad luck season, but it's one bad luck season in almost a decade of great seasons.

Did you not live through the '90s?

rawlingsHOH
11/9/2009, 09:35 AM
sell out

SoonerPr8r
11/9/2009, 09:38 AM
It's my fiance's b-day and i am still thinking of a way to get to the game under the risk of injury

Sooner04
11/9/2009, 10:12 AM
home night game against B12 opponent.

It will be packed.
It will be a sell out, but there will be a lot of empty seats just like there were at the K-State game.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/9/2009, 11:46 AM
you have a boy who this time last year was still lining up across from kids as young as 15 and 16.

No, I'm pretty sure he was sitting on the OU sideline this time last year. ;)

PDXsooner
11/9/2009, 12:20 PM
Say what you want, but OU's fan base has always been a fragile relationship. Yes, Sooner fans are supportive, and yes there is a large contingent of loyal fans...BUT OU was getting 65,000 at games in the 90's -- if OU ever were to be as mediocre as say, nebraska recently, i would expect there to be some non-sold out games...

ndpruitt03
11/9/2009, 12:22 PM
You are an idiot if you don't go to OU games. Even if we are bad. If you have tickets go to the games. John Blake didn't stop me from going to some games. If I had tickets I would be going to the remaining 2 home games also. There's only so many times a year you can go to OU football games. If you don't go just because we suck you shouldn't be an OU fan.

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 12:23 PM
What kind of dumbass question is this? Of course Sooners will show up. Sheesh.

Get some perspective. Rather than your HEISMAN TROPHY WINNING QB under center you have a boy who this time last year was still lining up across from kids as young as 15 and 16. Your crazy awesome tight end has missed the old season from injury. Your O-line all graduated last year.

It's been a bad luck season, but it's one bad luck season in almost a decade of great seasons.

Did you not live through the '90s?

V...

Could you have those Uprights in Lincoln checked for me. I'm pretty sure they weren't regulation.

TIA

ST

badger
11/9/2009, 12:27 PM
I will be sitting A&M because of fatigue (just got back from Nebraska road trip), not because we have four losses. I don't have tickets to the game anyway, I just scalp from those that do.

I think there will be plenty of cheap tix for those of you that want to make the trip. We may not have 303 consecutive sellouts like the Huskers, but I don't think OU will fail to sellout Owen Field this Saturday.

flopshotjoe99
11/9/2009, 12:39 PM
pops & I will be there, sure wish it was an early game, but we'll manage.:cool:

TheUnnamedSooner
11/9/2009, 12:39 PM
I understood that all games were sellouts already. If you are asking about no-shows, that is another question.

^ This.

sooneron
11/9/2009, 01:38 PM
Hell, the baylor game had empty seats and Sam was playing.

rawlingsHOH
11/9/2009, 01:48 PM
Hell, the baylor game had empty seats and Sam was playing.

Yeah, the student section was pretty disappointing on a perfect afternoon.

DMAFB_Sooner08
11/9/2009, 01:55 PM
wish I could be there, I was at all the games in the 90's as a young one with my dad and would love to be stationed closer to home to attend all the games

Seen rough times and this aint rough times

BOOMER SOONER