PDA

View Full Version : Hello Independence Bowl

PLaw
11/8/2009, 10:29 PM
Heck, I don't even know if the Big XII has a contract with the Shreveport bowl. Just imagine, going from the BCS Championship game to a toilet bowl in one season. Wow, this could be the big descent in the short history of the BCS.

Boomer

oksoonerdave
11/8/2009, 11:49 PM
Heck, I don't even know if the Big XII has a contract with the Shreveport bowl. Just imagine, going from the BCS Championship game to a toilet bowl in one season. Wow, this could be the big descent in the short history of the BCS.

Boomer

We went to this bowl in 99 and was happy as heck to go.

yermom
11/9/2009, 01:38 AM
at this point, i'm kinda looking forward to a short trip to a crappy bowl instead of a long trip to a crappy bowl :D

En_Fuego
11/9/2009, 02:52 AM
The Toilet Bowl would be better than going back to a MNC Game and losing again. We are getting a bad national reputation for being the whipping boy.

And don't ask me how I feel about the Fiesta Bowl...:(

sendbaht
11/9/2009, 04:17 AM
Personally I perfer a lesser bowl and win then a higher and lose.
I'd trade our last 3 NC games for wins at the Holiday or Cotton. Just me.

missann
11/9/2009, 04:26 AM
The Toilet Bowl would be better than going back to a MNC Game and losing again. We are getting a bad national reputation for being the whipping boy.

Yep.

SGT Park3R
11/9/2009, 05:57 AM
Don't you have to get 7 wins to be bowl eligible?

AlbqSooner
11/9/2009, 06:59 AM
6 wins is bowl eligible.
Going from the MNC game to the Independence bowl in one year would be ironic indeed. The opposite of that was Stoop's first two seasons at OU.

yermom
11/9/2009, 08:40 AM
eff all that

as much as it sucks, it's much worse IMO to lose national championship hopes in September than January

you'd really prefer 2005 to 2004?

rainiersooner
11/9/2009, 08:51 AM
Just imagine, going from the BCS Championship game to a toilet bowl in one season. Wow, this could be the big descent in the short history of the BCS.

LSU went from the BCS Championship (which it won) to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl in one year.

SteelClip49
11/9/2009, 09:22 AM
Oklahoma can win out and still head to the Cotton Bowl.

But right now it looks like it will be the Holiday Bowl against USC/Oregon/Zona.

beer4me
11/9/2009, 09:24 AM
6 wins is bowl eligible.
Going from the MNC game to the Independence bowl in one year would be ironic indeed. The opposite of that was Stoop's first two seasons at OU.

Which we still don't have yet

yermom
11/9/2009, 09:24 AM
i'm not sure we are more attractive than OSU even if we beat them at this point

can i barf now?

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 09:26 AM
I've always gone with the premise of who gives a rat's *** about what Bowl you go too. We've been lucky enough to go to FOUR MNCs in ten years. 4 MNC Trophies would have been nice...however...I think you have to look deeper. Winning is everything to some fans. I have learned over the years that you don't win a MNC every year. We haven't and yet...Teams show up on Saturday gunning for us. Our success over the years has 7 National Championships, 42 Conference championships and the end is never near...

Teams gun for us as we set the bar high. This year 4 teams have jumped the bar we have set. That doesn't mean the next three can even get close...it means they are going to be gunning for us. Time to reset the bar again. Time to root our boys on harder now than we ever have.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/9/2009, 09:39 AM
I'm thinking of the Houston Bowl versus Navy thanks to their defeat of Notre Dame.

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 11:45 AM
Any scenario where we could play ND?

ndpruitt03
11/9/2009, 11:47 AM
If we got anything lower than the Cotton Bowl then I say we just forgo a bowl game this season.

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 11:49 AM
Why? Don't these Seniors deserve to go? You say this for your own selfish reasons? The more live game snaps these kids get...the better we'll be next year. Your crazy.

sooner ngintunr
11/9/2009, 12:01 PM
If we got anything lower than the Cotton Bowl then I say we just forgo a bowl game this season.

And the extra month of practice that this team needs? You don't have a clue.

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 12:04 PM
We sure have become a spoiled, whiney little bitch fanbase in 10 years, no?

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 12:12 PM

Dean. I don't know if it's so much that. I think there are just some folks who wait around for bad things to happen to the Sooners. I think some folks always focus on the bad. Being perfect is a tough way to live your life....especially when it's impossible and you don't know it.

FWIW...

Is ndpruitt03 our old friend NicZepp?

If he is...I think you can see where his point of view comes from.

ndpruitt03
11/9/2009, 12:16 PM
And the extra month of practice that this team needs? You don't have a clue.

If we go to say the Indy bowl or the Houston Bowl it's about 2 or 3 more weeks of practice. And football is a year round deal anyway. We are always practicing even when we technically aren't supposed to.

Blues1
11/9/2009, 12:17 PM

I became Spoiled in 1954 or was it 53...?? ~~~ :)

If you are "Not Spoiled" then might as well Root for Baylor or Wyoming....
Hell Yes Spoiled and would LIKE to stay that way....
Though This Season it will be very hard to stay that way....

2009 ~~~ This is NOT Oklahoma Football...... :(

ndpruitt03
11/9/2009, 12:18 PM
Why? Don't these Seniors deserve to go? You say this for your own selfish reasons? The more live game snaps these kids get...the better we'll be next year. Your crazy.

We don't have a ton of seniors playing. Not going to a bowl motivates the younger guys more IMO. The problem with OU football right now is the failure of the football staff to motivate and coach these players like they should at a program with this much talent.

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 12:20 PM
We don't have a ton of seniors playing. Not going to a bowl motivates the younger guys more IMO. The problem with OU football right now is the failure of the football staff to motivate and coach these players like they should at a program with this much talent.

Thanks Jenny.

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 12:23 PM
Most of the 90's were "NOT Oklahoma football." Anybody remember getting blown out 100 - 0 a couple times by NU? Anybody remember what it felt like walking out of our own stadium after getting ***-raped by Tulsa and TCU in the same year? Anybody remember 3-8?

This year is an anomoly. A freakish blip on the radar screen that needs to hurry up and get over with. All of the injuries, weird mojo, no-kicking crapola, etc. are just ****ed up.

All that said, the same people who are whining like little bitches now are the same people who whine like little bitches every single game after every single play that isn't a TD, and even sometimes then they whine because it wasn't stylish or was overdue. There's a lot of people out there who fit this description. All I can say is it would suck to be them. The ones I watch imploding during every game can't be enjoying themselves, and they sure as hell make it miserable for anyone else around them.

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 12:26 PM
Most of the 90's were "NOT Oklahoma football." Anybody remember getting blown out 100 - 0 a couple times by NU? Anybody remember what it felt like walking out of our own stadium after getting ***-raped by Tulsa and TCU in the same year? Anybody remember 3-8?

This year is an anomoly. A freakish blip on the radar screen that needs to hurry up and get over with. All of the injuries, weird mojo, no-kicking crapola, etc. are just ****ed up.

All that said, the same people who are whining like little bitches now are the same people who whine like little bitches every single game after every single play that isn't a TD, and even sometimes then they whine because it wasn't stylish or was overdue. There's a lot of people out there who fit this description. All I can say is it would suck to be them. The ones I watch imploding during every game can't be enjoying themselves, and they sure as hell make it miserable for anyone else around them.

That's the fact Jack...er a or...Dean!

Sometimes I have to get up and go watch the game from somewhere else. Throat Punching isn't allowed anymore. :pop:

Blues1
11/9/2009, 12:26 PM

Yep I remember those Years.......But Right Now I Remember last Saturday Night a lot More.......:(

ndpruitt03
11/9/2009, 12:27 PM

We are losing games basically the same way we've lost most of the time under Stoops. Defense plays well but allows one slip up that's just enough to lose, offense doesn't do anything for most of the game. We lose a close game.

JLEW1818
11/9/2009, 12:30 PM
the touchdown was scored off of a turnover

that the ran to like the 5 yard line?

RedstickSooner
11/9/2009, 12:32 PM

Dean, I must respectfully disagree.

We became a spoiled, whiney little bitch fanbase in about *two* years. Maybe three. I remember plenty of complaining about coaches, players, etc. during 2001 and 2002.

ndpruitt03
11/9/2009, 12:35 PM
the touchdown was scored off of a turnover

that the ran to like the 5 yard line?

This game I'll give you that. But I'm talking overall losses. Against BYU we played great D, offense did nothing, Defense slipped at the end of the first half and the end of the game to lose. Against Miami defense plays good most of the game, offense really does nothing, defense gave up late score to lose. Texas same story. The offense did lose this game a little more than the other games. But you look at most of the past losses. Florida is the same story. Oklahoma State 01, LSU same story, There are a few anomalies in there. But most of the losses are the offense not doing anything, defense playing well enough to win.

RedstickSooner
11/9/2009, 12:36 PM
We are losing games basically the same way we've lost most of the time under Stoops. Defense plays well but allows one slip up that's just enough to lose, offense doesn't do anything for most of the game. We lose a close game.

Well, uhm... That's actually mostly how we seemed to lose games under Stoops during the early aughts. Then we switched, and started winning with offense and losing due to a suspect defense.

Stoops just seems to like to keep we fans on our toes with a varied football product. I wouldn't mind if he put it together one year to give us a great offense *and* a great defense at the same time... But syncing such things up must be tricky.

JLEW1818
11/9/2009, 12:36 PM
agree