PDA

View Full Version : and with that, there goes Landry's facebook

SPuL
11/8/2009, 10:14 PM
It's sad really. I stopped across his page after the loss. And although the majority of the comments he got were those of supports there were the usual idiots who went off on him, much like some of y'all here.

So either he deleted all the people he knew or just deleted his facebook in general. Either way, it's a smart move on his part.

delhalew
11/8/2009, 10:20 PM
way to cyberstalk a college kid people.

prrriiide
11/8/2009, 10:46 PM
way to cyberstalk a college kid people.

Don't you know? Super Fan has no life outside of OU football and anyone that does not live up to his idealized image of what every OU player SHOULD be able to do is in grave danger.

We should make a rule: you can only rag on a 19 year old kid when you nut up and announce to the world your most boneheaded action/worst job performance when YOU were 19.

ocsooner
11/8/2009, 10:48 PM
Don't you know? Super Fan has no life outside of OU football and anyone that does not live up to his idealized image of what every OU player SHOULD be able to do is in grave danger.

We should make a rule: you can only rag on a 19 year old kid when you nut up and announce to the world your most boneheaded action/worst job performance when YOU were 19.

I'M (almost) 40!!!! GO AFTER ME!!!

SunnySooner
11/8/2009, 10:49 PM
I did too many boneheaded things when I was 19 to choose just one.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 10:55 PM
naw man, he just deleted you... I'm still friends with him....

hhahaha , j/k

Eielson
11/8/2009, 10:57 PM
Criticizing Landry on here is fine. It's not when you make it personal and go to his facebook, though.

Regardless of how he played, he's still our quarterback.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/8/2009, 11:12 PM
It's sad really. I stopped across his page after the loss. And although the majority of the comments he got were those of supports there were the usual idiots who went off on him, much like some of y'all here.

So either he deleted all the people he knew or just deleted his facebook in general. Either way, it's a smart move on his part.

this is the sad part, why youre friends with a teenager you dont know is beyond me. wheres chris hansen when you need him

SPuL
11/9/2009, 12:21 AM
this is the sad part, why youre friends with a teenager you dont know is beyond me. wheres chris hansen when you need him

First off, I'm 21. So even if you wanted to play the "STOP BEING A HOMOSEXUAL CHILD PREDATOR" card on me it wouldn't work.

Second, so what if I added him? I'm an Oklahoma fan and I support him so I added him. Same reason people add celebrities they like on twitter, myspace, etc. There's nothing wrong with that.

Nice try though. ;)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/9/2009, 12:25 AM

I am pretty sure I did too, only...I just can't remember what they were. :D

sooner59
11/9/2009, 12:32 AM
First off, I'm 21. So even if you wanted to play the "STOP BEING A HOMOSEXUAL CHILD PREDATOR" card on me it wouldn't work.

Second, so what if I added him? I'm an Oklahoma fan and I support him so I added him. Same reason people add celebrities they like on twitter, myspace, etc. There's nothing wrong with that.

Nice try though. ;)

Some people forget that not just middle-aged and up people post here. I was friends with football players on FB in undergrad as well. I was even friends in real life with some of them. No biggy.

Leroy Lizard
11/9/2009, 01:12 AM

Sounds like idolatry.

colinreturn
11/9/2009, 01:26 AM
he never updated it, or ever said anything on it anyway. who cares.

nighttrain12
11/9/2009, 02:05 AM
he never updated it, or ever said anything on it anyway. who cares.

Did he ever post any pics of him and Whitney?

En_Fuego
11/9/2009, 02:42 AM
Does Kevin Wilson have a Facebook account ?

insuranceman_22
11/9/2009, 02:51 AM

Heh :pop:

TheHumanAlphabet
11/9/2009, 09:53 AM
^^^ Yeah, I'd like to post to that one... ;)

Seriously, why would you want so much of yourself out there. Not me, old fogey guy here. Anonymity baby!

sooneron
11/9/2009, 09:54 AM
It's pretty pathetic what some of the OU "Fans" are posting on the fans of Landry wall over there.

Makes me a little sick to the stomach to see this crap.

SoonerLB
11/9/2009, 10:04 AM

Even if he did, he'd never respond in a timely manner, but he would give Landry 3 seconds to type an answer.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/9/2009, 10:14 AM
I'm of the Mike Leach view that, if you're a D1A football player at a big program, you should have no time for Twitter, Facebook, or any other social networking site.

Oh an you are all p*****s. Seriously? What people are saying on Facebook and on here is the least of Landry's worries.

SPuL
11/9/2009, 06:52 PM
I'm of the Mike Leach view that, if you're a D1A football player at a big program, you should have no time for Twitter, Facebook, or any other social networking site.

Oh an you are all p*****s. Seriously? What people are saying on Facebook and on here is the least of Landry's worries.

Whether you like to believe it or not, all that stuff does have an affect on athletes in general. Especially for 19-20 year old college athletes.

Why do you think you hear a lot of pro athletes, even celebrities in general, say they pay no attention to the papers and tabloids whether it's positive or negative. A facebook or any other social network is the same thing.

I agree though, it shouldn't be the biggest worry for the kid right now.

swardboy
11/9/2009, 08:10 PM

Hey, it takes one to know one! Er....

SoonerShark
11/9/2009, 08:12 PM
Support the kid.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/9/2009, 08:43 PM

Nice try though. ;)

maybe not a child predator but the homosexual part still plays though. to me its weird to follow around teens that you dont know personally whether theyre somewhat of a public figure or not (which i contend college students really arent, theyre there to play ball and get edumacated). although whats worse is the people that follow around recruits on their facebook and myspace pages.

i guess to each his own its just strange to me, but i guess its easier to just look at his facebook page then stay the mandatory 500 feet away from him.

Partial Qualifier
11/9/2009, 09:04 PM
rolleyes ^^

sooneron
11/9/2009, 09:49 PM
Yes, we're all pussies, :rolleyes: doosh.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/9/2009, 10:40 PM
Um, okay, my parents are professors and don't cry when students hate on them on ratemyprofessors.com. And yes, my parents are as important as Landry Jones. lolz.

sooneron
11/9/2009, 10:46 PM
and how old are your parents?

I'm sorry, I had to edit, that is the funniest thing that I have read on here in days.

bwahahahahaha! Your momma and daddy don't get all angry, that is good stuff right there!

sooneron
11/9/2009, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry, I'm still laughing... what are you, ****ing 13 years old?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2009, 10:52 PM
My mommy and daddy are in prison.

SoonerLB
11/10/2009, 12:52 AM
My momma got runned over by a d***ed 'ol train. ;) :D

sooner59
11/10/2009, 12:57 AM
My momma got runned over by a d***ed 'ol train. ;) :D

It sucks that it happened when you went to pick her up in the rain in your pickup truck. But you shouldn't drive drunk either way. Gotta love that D.A.C.

+1

meoveryouxinfinity
11/10/2009, 08:35 AM
I'm sorry, I'm still laughing... what are you, ****ing 13 years old?

haha older than jlew.

My point is that yeah, it's ****ty for people to post on his facebook. But at the end of the day, he's getting a lot more crap from other people that mean a lot more. And he probably should have shut down his facebook a long time ago.

OUAlumni1990
11/10/2009, 08:52 AM
Landry will learn from this and do better I'm sure. He is just a freshman, and it's good to get these kinda games out of the way. I don't ever remember Bradford having a bad game. I remember him coming out looking alittle flat a couple of times, but never that bad. Landry will realize that although losing is inevitable sometimes, poor effort is not acceptable at OU. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the worst effort we see from him and he will get better...

SoonerMavrick25
11/10/2009, 08:55 AM
Am I the only one that thinks that befriending someone on facebook to turn around and berate them is BullSh#T? How much of a coward can you be? The sad part is 95% of the people saying stuff, were the stiff on the local little league team.

SPuL
11/10/2009, 02:55 PM
Landry will learn from this and do better I'm sure. He is just a freshman, and it's good to get these kinda games out of the way. I don't ever remember Bradford having a bad game. I remember him coming out looking alittle flat a couple of times, but never that bad. Landry will realize that although losing is inevitable sometimes, poor effort is not acceptable at OU. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the worst effort we see from him and he will get better...

I actually thought same about Bradford. But then I remember that he was a different player on the road. He played bad in Road games (Loss @ Colorado, then remember that CLOSE call we had with a horrible Iowa St team?) then played great at home.

I still have faith Landry will clean it up.

maybe not a child predator but the homosexual part still plays though. to me its weird to follow around teens that you dont know personally whether theyre somewhat of a public figure or not (which i contend college students really arent, theyre there to play ball and get edumacated). although whats worse is the people that follow around recruits on their facebook and myspace pages.

i guess to each his own its just strange to me, but i guess its easier to just look at his facebook page then stay the mandatory 500 feet away from him.

I feel sorry for you

the_ouskull
11/11/2009, 02:37 AM

http://www.shockinghumor.com/soundboards/5400/Chris_Hansen_Soundboard

the_ouskull

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2009, 02:53 AM
Um, okay, my parents are professors and don't cry when students hate on them on ratemyprofessors.com.

Your parents are professionals. They are paid to do what they do. Landry is not.

I think it is messed up that people ask for autographs from teenagers. I still laugh at some of the "Sitings" posts. "I saw ____ eating burgers at Coach's!" WTF? When I taught at OU, I had some of the team members in my class. Was I supposed to be in awe of them somehow?

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2009, 02:55 AM

I agree with Leach, but it's none of his business.

SPuL
11/11/2009, 10:37 AM
^I still am laughing @ Leach's cameo in Friday Night Lights

Collier11
11/11/2009, 10:59 AM
Criticizing Landry on here is fine. It's not when you make it personal and go to his facebook, though.

Regardless of how he played, he's still our quarterback.

There is no reason to criticize Landry or any other college athlete! He is a 19 yr old kid busting his butt every single day and representing The University of Oklahoma. He is going to have a bad day here and there, some of you need to get over yourselves.

I seriously wish there was a news feed for everytime one of you f*cked up at work and we could just sit here and dog you, after all most of you are adults and can take it, right?

Collier11
11/11/2009, 11:02 AM
maybe not a child predator but the homosexual part still plays though. to me its weird to follow around teens that you dont know personally whether theyre somewhat of a public figure or not (which i contend college students really arent, theyre there to play ball and get edumacated).

So what do you call it when you religiously watch them every saturday on tv, wear their jerseys, yell at them thru the tv, curse them on message boards, cry yourself to sleep when they lose?

NorthernIowaSooner
11/11/2009, 11:12 AM
So what do you call it when you religiously watch them every saturday on tv, wear their jerseys, yell at them thru the tv, curse them on message boards, cry yourself to sleep when they lose?

id call myself a fan, ive never cursed a player on a message board or cried myself to sleep after a loss. ive gotten angry when they lose but id say im emotionally invested in the team, not the individual player.

i think trying to be friends with them on facebook is a little much is all im saying, go ahead and do it if you think its cool to be "friends" with him so you can tell your buddies that he's your facebook friend.

A-M
11/11/2009, 11:27 AM
I will bet you that LJ is more upset with his play against NU then all of us put together. He wasn't the only player who did something wrong.

Collier11
11/11/2009, 11:28 AM
I am out of college but I do still have my facebook, I am friends with several ex OU players who are now in professional sports such as Mark Clayton and Blake Griffin. I dont see anything wierd about that, its a way to follow those who you rooted for and are a fan of.

Now, the people who write on their walls in college that dont even know them, that is somewhat odd but to each their own I suppose. Most people who are on twitter are on there just to be connected to famous people that they like, its the new way of being a fan I suppose.

I do agree it can go too far though, if you criticize anyone on their facebook, especially those who you dont even know, that is very cowardly

NorthernIowaSooner
11/11/2009, 11:34 AM
I am out of college but I do still have my facebook, I am friends with several ex OU players who are now in the NFL such as Mark Clayton and Blake Griffin. I dont see anything wierd about that, its a way to follow those who you rooted for and are a fan of.

Now, the people who write on their walls in college that dont even know them, that is somewhat odd but to each their own I suppose. Most people who are on twitter are on there just to be connected to famous people that they like, its the new way of being a fan I suppose.

I do agree it can go too far though, if you criticize anyone on their facebook, especially those who you dont even know, that is very cowardly

this i can agree with, its not that bad if a distance is kept but writing on their walls and such is a little much for me, i just use it to keep in touch with friends that have scattered around the country but i guess people use it for different purposes.

TUSooner
11/11/2009, 12:02 PM

Same here.
I have daughter who is 20, and very inteligent, competent, sensible, etc. But I could not imagine even her having to deal with the crap that LJ must be getting. When I was a teenager, I considered college athletes to be fully grown up. Now that I am past 50, I know they really are just "kids."

Sure, the performances of big-time college athletes like OUrs are not above criticism, but the players themseves should remain above attack. I have to say I've been guilty of what I am condemning, but never again (and that even goes for St Timmah :D ).

SPuL
11/11/2009, 03:39 PM
There is no reason to criticize Landry or any other college athlete! He is a 19 yr old kid busting his butt every single day and representing The University of Oklahoma. He is going to have a bad day here and there, some of you need to get over yourselves.

I seriously wish there was a news feed for everytime one of you f*cked up at work and we could just sit here and dog you, after all most of you are adults and can take it, right?

Right on.

yessir!