PDA

View Full Version : Why Compare Landry to Sam

TXBOOMER
11/8/2009, 08:04 PM
Landry and our offense obviously have shown against lower tier defenses that they have some potential. But, why are several of us trying to compare him to Sam. Sam turned out to be a Heisman Trophy winning top pro prospect. Why say Sam would have thrown interceptions, Landry doesn't have the receivers Sam had, Landry doesn't have the line Sam had blah blah blah. Landry is no Sam Bradford and that is okay because very few are. Just like Landry the rest of the offense is not as good as their predecessors Sam's Redshirt sophmore year we played for a national championship and he won the Heisman I don't expect that out of Landry and the rest of the offense next year. From the looks of this offense we are going to be in for long term growing pains. Maybe in three years we can make the comparison but it is way too early at this point. BOOMER!

CatfishSooner
11/8/2009, 08:15 PM
Hopefully we're not making those comparisons b/c I sincerely hope Landry is NOT our QB in three years...or even next year

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 08:23 PM
It's natural because both took over as RS freshmen.

Though Loadholt, Robinson, Cooper, Kelly, Iglesias, Gresham, etc aren't playing anymore.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 09:24 PM
Sam won a Heisman

before you say anything about Landry

just remember, Sam won a Heisman

HE WAS ELITE

not every qb at OU will do that.... nor will every qb have the same skills as Sam.. or even Jason

TXBOOMER
11/8/2009, 09:29 PM
It's natural because both took over as RS freshmen.

Though Loadholt, Robinson, Cooper, Kelly, Iglesias, Gresham, etc aren't playing anymore.

Those would be the predecessors I mentioned. Are you Landry's brother or what?

delhalew
11/8/2009, 09:30 PM
It's not a fair comparison. If for no other reason, because of surrounding players alone. I can't tell you why our oline can't get together. I can't tell you why our TE's and receivers can't be consistant. Until they step up you can't judge Landry too harshly...well not without sounding like a blithering idiot anyway.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 09:31 PM
Sam would not have thrown 5 interceptions last night

because Sam is a better qb

now I'm not saying Landry wont become a better qb... b/c i know he will

but Sam is way better, that's obvious