PDA

View Full Version : Look at the top of the Big XII

IronHorseSooner
11/8/2009, 02:10 PM
I believe that the Big XII has three teams that will make at least the Elite Eight this year: KU, *, and us. KU, without a doubt, is the most talented team in America. They have guys who have won it before, and a slew of great recruits. However, when I look at * and us, I don't see much difference.

Tiny v. Pittman: When these two meet, it might be enough to shift tectonic plates. I will first state the disclaimer that I am NOT a Pittman (aka Private Pyle) fan. That being said, Tiny has better footwork, and a better offensive game. Tiny is more like Tractor Trailer. Private Pyle is more like Oliver Miller.

Crocker v. Hamilton: I will take a seasoned vet like Crock over a Frosh any day of the week. He's a better defender, and he has been the MVP of a Sweet 16 game.

WW v. Bradley: Bradley comes in with a lot of hype, but he will go against a guy who might be the best in the college game this year. WW is more polished, and is bigger and stronger than Bradley.

TMG v. Lucas: MDAA PG v. MDAA PG. They are very different PGs. TMG is more like Collins at KU. Lucas is more like his brother John, III. Both are good shooters. This is probably a wash as to who is actually better.

Wright v. James: James gets this here, easily. I won't even go into the reason why.

The benches are about equal. Mason and Davis are about the same. Johnson and Fitzgerald do about the same thing. Chapman and Allen are both just big bodies that each coach will throw in there. Balbay is a guard who can't shoot to save his life; whereas, Pledger is a shooter who just needs experience.

Outside of the match up between Wright and James, these teams look fairly equal.

King Crimson
11/9/2009, 11:49 PM
i like KU to win it all, if i had to picl. but i think UK is the most "talented team" in America.

Texas will be pretty tough come February. I think UT is a dangerous 2-3 type seed. i think OU is a 4-7 type seed. as much as Barnes gets bashed on this board and the old one....he's won with a lot of different lineups and styles.