PDA

View Full Version : The next person who starts...

C&CDean
11/8/2009, 09:29 AM
a "hate on Landry" thread is going to get one hell of a banning.

Please post your vitriol in the 27 other "Landry sucks" threads going right now.

FaninAma
11/8/2009, 10:18 AM
Dean, how about if we start one about his mama?

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/8/2009, 10:51 AM
Landry sucks. He's easily the weakest link on the Dillon Panthers. :D

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/28/landry_jqfmabnc_300.jpg

Phil
11/8/2009, 11:03 AM
Dean, how about if we start one about his mama?

His mama was sitting behind me on the plane back from Lincoln last night. I'm pretty sure she was taking it harder than he did.

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 11:06 AM
He looked like a deer in headlights...

FaninAma
11/8/2009, 12:57 PM
Phil, I actually feel sorry for the kid.
I'm sure his family feels bad. Maybe
he'll end up being a better QB from this.

I do know that next year if he has a
meltdown even close to last night he
will be sitting on the bench because
there will be other options at QB.

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 01:00 PM
Troy Aikman looked worse in his first outing...

Sooner04
11/8/2009, 01:04 PM
Last night wasn't Jones's first outing.

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 01:05 PM
Last night wasn't Jones's first outing.

uhm, excuse me...did somebody say it was ???

Sooner04
11/8/2009, 01:10 PM
uhm, excuse me...did somebody say it was ???
You are comparing apples to oranges then. Who cares what Troy did in his first start as a true freshman? Jones has seen action in every game this year but one. The only creature, dead or living, who could lay an egg bigger than the one Jones deposited last night was a brontosaurus.

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 01:11 PM
Landry laid an egg...

MyT Oklahoma
11/8/2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah he layed an egg but still football is a team sport and it takes more than one player to lose any game. Landry wasn't kicking field goals and he wasn't blocking on our line, was he?

Everybody has off days including each and every one of us. However, none of us have our off days on national television. Lucky us, huh?

P.S. I like to critisize as much as the next person but I never, ever attack our players.

btk108
11/8/2009, 02:06 PM
Move on, guys, move on. Remember they're still kids, not pro's.....how screwed up were we when we were 18, 19, 20? We won't be able to fix it, that's up to the coaches.....if you're a fan....you're a fan whether we win or lose. Support 'em and lets get ready for Sat. No, I'm not pumping sunshine, I'm just as upset as the next guy, but me bitching about it is not going to change a thing except my blood pressure. BOOMER!

SoonerTrain
11/8/2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah he layed an egg but still football is a team sport and it takes more than one player to lose any game. Landry wasn't kicking field goals and he wasn't blocking on our line, was he?

Everybody has off days including each and every one of us. However, none of us have our off days on national television. Lucky us, huh?

P.S. I like to critisize as much as the next person but I never, ever attack our players.

Right on! I agree 100% The kid had a bad game, but he deserves a chance to work it out. Enough of this knee jerk reaction BS. If the message board "experts" ran the team, there would be firings, scholarship revocations, and public floggings after every game!

MyT Oklahoma
11/8/2009, 02:17 PM
I was at the OU/KSU game and Landry played a big part of helping to win that game in the second half. Last night was an off night and that happens to all of us with very few exceptions.

StoopTroup
11/8/2009, 04:27 PM
The only creature, dead or living, who could lay an egg bigger than the one Jones deposited last night was a brontosaurus.

You really ought to hand in your Sooner Card for that.

Speaking of someone who could use some time off.

That's pretty awful 04.

You suck hard sometimes.

Collier11
11/8/2009, 04:51 PM
Because of Landry we still have had a shot this year, this team coulda easily fallen apart but we have been right in every single game

Crucifax Autumn
11/8/2009, 05:25 PM
Some pretty ridiculous dooshbaggery going on here...

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/8/2009, 06:34 PM
Anyone ever drive on I-30 between Dallas and Fort Worth? The Landry sucks. ;)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1402/767795101_f7f254120a.jpg

SPuL
11/8/2009, 06:47 PM
Move on, guys, move on. Remember they're still kids, not pro's.....how screwed up were we when we were 18, 19, 20? We won't be able to fix it, that's up to the coaches.....if you're a fan....you're a fan whether we win or lose. Support 'em and lets get ready for Sat. No, I'm not pumping sunshine, I'm just as upset as the next guy, but me bitching about it is not going to change a thing except my blood pressure. BOOMER!

SOONER!

snp
11/8/2009, 08:07 PM
This board is really starting to suck these days. Way too many posters can't differentiate between their *** and their face and they feel they're qualified to critique the coaching staff. And bashing a RS freshman for having an off-night, on the road, against a quality defense is just sickening.

Bring on the bans, please.

badger
11/8/2009, 10:29 PM
My trip to Lincoln:
http://i37.tinypic.com/23kz2mt.jpg
Seriously, had tons of fun, win or lose. Take care, guys.

OUinFLA
11/8/2009, 10:31 PM
Right on! I agree 100% The kid had a bad game, but he deserves a chance to work it out. Enough of this knee jerk reaction BS. If the message board "experts" ran the team, there would be firings, scholarship revocations, and public floggings after every game!

Ahhh, the good old days.

I miss them.

GKeeper316
11/9/2009, 04:11 AM
its whitney hand's fault anyways...

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 08:52 AM
My trip to Lincoln:
http://i37.tinypic.com/23kz2mt.jpg
Seriously, had tons of fun, win or lose. Take care, guys.

Badj...the last time the Wife and I went...Jason White blew his knee. Nate Hybl tried to rally the Team unsuccessfully. We walked out of there without a win that day too. The NU Fans were cordial. Told us to have a safe trip Home and good luck the rest of the way that year. I think it was an omen.

Jason recovered. Nate and the Team won OU's first Rose Bowl Trophy and I still have an OU Rose Bowl Shirt hanging in my closet. I will probably wear it today. It's to remind me of when the chips are down....things can always get better....and they will. Landry will probably win a Heisman before it's all over.

Glad you had a safe trip.

ST

NormanPride
11/9/2009, 10:51 AM
baj was clinging to my hand on the trip from the stadium to the bus when a whorn fan walked by shouting "8-4!". I have never been so close to going to jail.

Collier11
11/9/2009, 11:01 AM
truth hurts sometimes

NormanPride
11/9/2009, 11:44 AM
It does.

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 11:47 AM
Still...

Having a whorn throw it at you while your in Lincoln...

I'm betting if a couple of Huskers had heard him...they would have stomped a mudhole in his *** for you. They understand what we're dealing with.

Collier11
11/9/2009, 11:48 AM
I hope on everything that ut goes 8-4 next yr, of course with that middle school schedule I doubt it

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 12:14 PM
I hope bevo gets H1N1 and gives it to all the whorns who ride his backside.

goingoneight
11/9/2009, 12:30 PM
Just remember we probably have a healthy Sam with UT's OOC schedule. We may not get a goal line push, but I doubt Sam gets slammed to the turf by the Wymoing Cowboys and the East Popcorn State Aggies.

But, what can you do? Everyone takes a step back here and there. I much prefer to have a coaching staff like we have that's proven they can get out of these kinds of slumps eventually and get us back in title contention instead of a Charlie Weiss, Bobby Bowden or the like. This staff has done some damn impressive things in recent years given the odds stacked against them... this is just a bigger challenge that may take longer.

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 12:41 PM
You damn right. Guys like Stoops aren't easy to find.

There is a reason Coaches and Players want to work for him.

Zimmy
11/9/2009, 01:48 PM
You really ought to hand in your Sooner Card for that.

Speaking of someone who could use some time off.

That's pretty awful 04.

You suck hard sometimes.

I doubt you even went to OU.

olevetonahill
11/9/2009, 01:50 PM

And CK makes his appearance in a Dean thread non the less :pop:

Zimmy
11/9/2009, 01:51 PM
And CK makes his appearance in a Dean thread non the less :pop:

Whta#@#!

Collier11
11/9/2009, 02:53 PM
CK, you really are pathetic...get a life little kid, you get kicked off of two sites for running your smart mouth and yet you cant stay away. If you like the boards so much you shouldnt have been such a punk

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 02:59 PM
Say goodnight Zimmy.

CrimsonJim
11/9/2009, 03:00 PM
Buh bye, Zimmy.

olevetonahill
CK, you really are pathetic...get a life little kid, you get kicked off of two sites for running your smart mouth and yet you cant stay away. If you like the boards so much you shouldnt have been such a punk

And POOF he was gone :D

beer4me
CK, you really are pathetic...get a life little kid, you get kicked off of two sites for running your smart mouth and yet you cant stay away. If you like the boards so much you shouldnt have been such a prick

fixed :D

CrimsonJim
11/9/2009, 03:01 PM
He is kind of a little *poof*, isn't he? ;)

olevetonahill
11/9/2009, 03:02 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D

beer4me
11/9/2009, 03:03 PM

:D :D :D :D

sooner ngintunr
11/9/2009, 03:10 PM
LOL

badger
11/9/2009, 04:20 PM
baj was clinging to my hand on the trip from the stadium to the bus when a whorn fan walked by shouting "8-4!". I have never been so close to going to jail.

Oh, you must mean part 2... sorry, looks like the original cut this part off...
http://i38.tinypic.com/2ykymp5.jpg

yukonmiller
11/9/2009, 04:21 PM
Let's just face the facts, our QB sucks, our recievers suck, our line really sucks, our running backs suck, our field goal kicker sucks, our o-coordinator sucks, our recruiting sucks. Our defense doesn't suck. So, LJ is just one of many

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 04:24 PM
There. Have a red card. Why? Cause you left one person out from your suckage list. you.

Collier11
11/9/2009, 04:35 PM
Oh, you must mean part 2... sorry, looks like the original cut this part off...

you guys must really like wearing hoodies?

badger
11/9/2009, 04:38 PM
you guys must really like wearing hoodies?

It was cold in Lincoln. NP was the smart one and wore all white (since Nebraska fans like to wear red), while I was an idiot and wore a reddish hoodie. Looks like I was playing for the same team Landry was Saturday... awwwww, did I just type that. Shame on Badger. I will neg and ban myself... for one hour.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/9/2009, 07:00 PM

You know, based on the third panel, Badj and NP kinda look like Terrance and Phillip. ;)

http://a6.vox.com/6a00c22521073e8e1d00fad695b6260005-500pi

FaninAma
11/9/2009, 08:45 PM
This board is really starting to suck these days. Way too many posters can't differentiate between their *** and their face and they feel they're qualified to critique the coaching staff. And bashing a RS freshman for having an off-night, on the road, against a quality defense is just sickening.

Bring on the bans, please.

So what should we talk about on a Sooner football
board .......Oprah's Book of the Month Club?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2009, 10:44 PM
There. Have a red card. Why? Cause you left one person out from your suckage list. you.

http://www.afunnystuff.com/uploads/1168243517.jpg

Where where are you tonight?
Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the world over
And thought I found CK.
But he made another and... *PPBPBBFFT!*

He was gone.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 06:59 AM

Lets see you were at 2 years...wonder how many you're up to now?

Mississippi Sooner
11/10/2009, 01:22 PM
I greatly approve of this thread. It's why I didn't even bother looking in on the forum for a few days after the game. I already knew the Landry bashers would be out in full force.

Bottom line, he made a few dumb freshman decisions, but he was running for his life most of the night because of our defective offensive line. I don't know where he'll go from here, but I do know for damn sure that he didn't suddenly drop from being the second coming of Sam to an afterthought in one game.

redhawk49
11/10/2009, 05:20 PM
We WANT Dean on that wall!!!! WE NEED Dean on that WALL!!!!..........

gotpoi73
11/10/2009, 06:50 PM
I greatly approve of this thread. It's why I didn't even bother looking in on the forum for a few days after the game. I already knew the Landry bashers would be out in full force.

Bottom line, he made a few dumb freshman decisions, but he was running for his life most of the night because of our defective offensive line. I don't know where he'll go from here, but I do know for damn sure that he didn't suddenly drop from being the second coming of Sam to an afterthought in one game.

kurt warner had a 5 pick game two weeks ago, i guess he sucks too. so spoiled watching sam. give landry a break. people usually grow from adversity. better to lose a road game in a down year anyway. bashers...suck it

Okiemofo
11/10/2009, 10:02 PM
Landry has all kinds of talent yet to be seen! He has a cannon of an arm and can get the ball way down the field if ever Wilson lets him. Don't write this kid off. What happened in Lincoln was NOT his fault.

Soonerus
11/10/2009, 10:06 PM
Landry has all kinds of talent yet to be seen! He has a cannon of an arm and can get the ball way down the field if ever Wilson lets him. Don't write this kid off. What happened in Lincoln was NOT his fault.

He has great upside but he clearly shares in the fault at NU...

C&CDean
11/11/2009, 08:49 PM
He has great upside but he clearly shares in the fault at NU...

Indeed.

Being a lifelong Packer fan, Landry reminded me very much of Brett Favre and his last game as a Packer. NFC championship against the Giants. Favre was lost. He had the complete armadillo in the headlight look, and threw up gimme interceptions galore. In his last game. As a Packer.

Now he's a Viqueen, and he's gonna get him an MVP. Maybe.

People who are hating on Landry are just plain, old stupid. Of course Landry doesn't have Favre's track record, but I see a lot of Brett in him. We'll see how he responds.

sooner ngintunr
11/11/2009, 11:17 PM
We'll see how he responds.

eggzactly. Im not gonna jinx him. nuff said.

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2009, 02:21 PM
As long as he doesn't have so much Farve in him he starts gobbling vicodin and playing touch football in Wrangler commercials I'll be cool. ;)

fossil
11/12/2009, 05:37 PM
He looked like a deer in headlights...

You would too if you didn't have time to fart before someone landed on you.

SoonerShark
11/14/2009, 01:31 PM
Why would anyone hate Landry Jones? Seems like a good kid from a good family. The only QB without a bad day is the one who sits on the bench in the pros holding a clipboard for 14 years and makes $2-million+ per year.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/15/2009, 05:43 AM
Why would anyone hate Landry Jones? Seems like a good kid from a good family. The only QB without a bad day is the one who sits on the bench in the pros holding a clipboard for 14 years and makes $2-million+ per year.

Vince Gump? Na, he's not that underpaid

StoopTroup
11/15/2009, 09:33 AM
People who are hating on Landry are just plain, old stupid. Of course Landry doesn't have Favre's track record, but I see a lot of Brett in him. We'll see how he responds.

I'd say that Landry and the entire Team responded. If they could respond like they did last night when we travel to Lubbock...We're on our way to spanking lil red raider and aggie. Then we'll be in a decent Bowl. Win that...and I'm excited about next year. Very excited.

Boomer Sooner! ! !