PDA

View Full Version : Would you go to an OU Bowl Game...

StoopTroup
11/8/2009, 09:22 AM
if we are 8-4?

7-5?

6-6?

At 6-6 would Bob even take the Team to a Bowl if offered?

As the general feeling seems to be one of a near Sooner meltdown....I thought this might be something to think about. Are you Sooner enough to go if we ended up 6-6?

We still have two Home Games left. I hope everyone shows up and roots our Team on. We have a great Defense and they don't deserve to be bagged on by Fans just because the Offense is struggling. I hope the Defense can continue to keep it close for the Offense in the next three games. The Offense really needs to light TAMU up this Week.

I don't usually move on but should we win the TAMU game...winning in Lubbock is key for Landry and Company. They really need to shake this Road Game Blues. We have had this for a long time. This Road Game Blues is what has awoke the Monster IMO. Bob needs to address it and put it to bed. It should be his number one priority in my mind.

Chin up Sooner Fans.

BEAT THE AGGIES!

BOOMER SOONER!

ST

btk108
11/8/2009, 09:25 AM
ST...I'll be there next week....and I'm not gonna boo Landry or the line....but somebody needs to spank their little behinds.

King Barry's Back
11/8/2009, 09:29 AM
At 6-6 would Bob even take the Team to a Bowl if offered?

My understanding is that under Big XII rules, he would be obligated to take the team to a bowl if offered.

With the Big XII pretty well sucking and probably having some trouble filling it's bowl allotment, I reckon the odds are good a 6-6 Sooners team would be offered.

I know a lot of you went to Shreveport ten years ago and had a heckuva time. Maybe it'll be fun again this time round?

OU-HSV
11/8/2009, 09:30 AM
Why not?...we're 5-4 and I'm going to the a&m game in Norman next weekend. Sure I'd go to a bowl game. Just because we suck and can't win close games and have an unbelievable amount of issues doesn't mean I quit liking the Sooners or quit supporting them.

the_sooners_abide
11/8/2009, 09:31 AM
If they can get a bowl game on the east coast where I live, regardless of their record, I'm there.

salth2o
11/8/2009, 09:37 AM
Why not?...we're 5-4 and I'm going to the a&m game in Norman next weekend. Sure I'd go to a bowl game. Just because we suck and can't win close games and have an unbelievable amount of issues doesn't mean I quit liking the Sooners or quit supporting them.

StoopTroup
11/8/2009, 09:39 AM
My understanding is that under Big XII rules, he would be obligated to take the team to a bowl if offered.

With the Big XII pretty well sucking and probably having some trouble filling it's bowl allotment, I reckon the odds are good a 6-6 Sooners team would be offered.

I know a lot of you went to Shreveport ten years ago and had a heckuva time. Maybe it'll be fun again this time round?

Well...honestly I hope we don't end up 6-6. I'm sure much of this all depends on where the Bowl was too. I mean...if your 6-6 and it's in Boise? You won't see me there.

If it was Shreveport. I'd probably go especially if it was against a Team I wanted to watch us play.

Good points.

okcusooner
11/8/2009, 09:40 AM
No. I wouldn't go. This team is more an exercise in frustration than enjoyment. Why spend the money for tickets, travel, lodging etc., when I can be just as frustrated in front of my tv for free?

kelloggOUballa
11/8/2009, 09:43 AM
I thought that, since we played Idaho State, that we have to win two of the last three to make a bowl game.

nighttrain12
11/8/2009, 02:39 PM
I thought that, since we played Idaho State, that we have to win two of the last three to make a bowl game.

I think you are right.

Funky G
11/8/2009, 02:49 PM
I'd rather watch Obama make out with Hillary...

soonergirlNeugene
11/8/2009, 02:52 PM
And if the bowl we go to is the Holiday vs Oregon as Fox is projecting?

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 03:29 PM
If Bob was offered a bowl at 6-6 and he said no

he can take his *** out of Oklahoma

(he would never do that tho)

Sorry but he is not bigger than the game

ouduckhunter
11/8/2009, 03:34 PM
If Bob was offered a bowl at 6-6 and he said no

he can take his *** out of Oklahoma

(he would never do that tho)

Sorry but he is not bigger than the game

I agree!

OUAlumni1990
11/8/2009, 03:43 PM
Heck I would go to a bowl game even at 6-6. Chances are the tickets would be cheaper!

OUAlumni1990
11/8/2009, 03:44 PM
:D

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 03:56 PM
You have to take the offer.

The extra month's worth of practice is huge.

We don't win the national title in 2000, if we didn't get to the Independence Bowl in 99.

proud gonzo
11/8/2009, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't go to the bowl game anyway because i'm broke. Where's that option?

bluedogok
11/8/2009, 05:17 PM
If it was in the area I would probably go, they might stand a good chance of winning one as well if they are playing the No. 6 tea, from the Big 10 or some team like that.

nighttrain12
11/8/2009, 05:19 PM
Heck I would go to a bowl game even at 6-6. Chances are the tickets would be cheaper!

We still need to establish if the Idaho State win counts in the 6 win total for qualifying.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 05:21 PM
We still need to establish if the Idaho State win counts in the 6 win total for qualifying.

It counts.

bluedogok
11/8/2009, 05:29 PM
IIRC I think they have changed the rules regarding games against I-AA schools in recent years due to the addition of the twelfth game. It used to be how many games against I-AA in consecutive years or something like that, I think one per season is now acceptable and counts in the win total.

jdsooner
11/8/2009, 05:31 PM
Last bowl game I attended we lost 55-19. I can go to the dentist for less.

SoonerShark
11/8/2009, 05:39 PM

Oddly enough, the closest we have come to that is Bush making out with Dick... Cheney.

SoonerShark
11/8/2009, 05:43 PM
Depends upon where it is and what other family events are taking place around Christmas. Actually, bowls are more fun when you are not in it and can root for the underdogs in every bowl.

pac10SUX
11/8/2009, 05:59 PM
If it is on the left coast cause we're watchin expenses, dang strait we'll be there with bells on.

Sorry abOUt the mental picture. :D

MyT Oklahoma
11/8/2009, 08:01 PM

Which one do you think would be the top?

P.S. Sorry had to say it.

TXBOOMER
11/8/2009, 08:08 PM
Bob wouldn't do that. He knows we need all the Bowl practice we can get.

KABOOKIE
11/8/2009, 08:25 PM
No, and it's not about performance. The bowl prices are a joke these days.

StoopTroup
11/8/2009, 08:44 PM
It's cool to see so many devoted fans at the 6-6 level.

I'd go too...then I would hunt Sam and Jermaine down and get as many autographs as I could get. Oh yeah...McCoy too.

OUmillenium
11/8/2009, 09:38 PM

I don't think that is the type of offensive performance we have been demanding.

But at least some scoring would be involved.

delhalew
11/8/2009, 09:52 PM
One reason we get bowl love is because we travel well. I'd go to any bowl I am able regardless of record. Meinike car care?:)

PLaw
11/8/2009, 10:34 PM
hey, you're assuming we are going to be bowl eligible? No. I went to two Fiesta Bowls this decade. I was certain I was the reason we lost both, so I have vowed not to go to any more bowl games until we can demonstrate that we can beat some quality teams away from home.

BOOMER

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/8/2009, 10:56 PM
If it is on the left coast cause we're watchin expenses, dang strait we'll be there with bells on.

Me too. I went to the Holiday Bowl vs. Oregon and when the Pride came out and played Boomer Sooner, I literally teared up because I hadn't heard it live since I moved away from Oklahoma years before.

The economy and personal financial situation being what it is, I can't afford bowl game travel, but like you said...if they play on the left coast, I'm there too, calling in favors with any in-laws I might need to stay with.

OUBookbabe
11/8/2009, 11:15 PM
No, I would not go to a bowl game. I have been to 2 games-Orange Bowl vs Washington (the year before we won it all, I think the game was 1-1-85) and Sugar Bowl (2004) vs LSU. Both losses-don't want to be the jinx. Karma keeps me at home!

batonrougesooner
11/8/2009, 11:46 PM
I would but we usually just go for the destination. The game is a plus.