PDA

View Full Version : Record-setting night for Landry Jones

the_sooners_abide
11/8/2009, 09:07 AM
http://newsok.com/article/3415741

OU-HSV
11/8/2009, 09:13 AM
It was a rough night for Landry. Hopefully he learned some things....or else hopefully Blake Bell or Drew Allen are better than Landry.

To me it looked like most of his short to medium passes were too low which resulted in a lot of tipped passes....and then his long passes seemed overthrown. I must say though in the first half I commented on some nice touch passes he seemed to throw.
But that very last throw was pathetic. It's just like the announcers were saying he threw it like it was the last play of the game...yet it wouldn't have been.

IronHorseSooner
11/8/2009, 09:20 AM
I am still confused about a few plays. They were beating the outside coverage with Broyles all the way down the field, but on 3rd and 5, they run a draw play into the teeth of the defense. The second was the final play. There were 30 seconds left, not 3! Why did they throw that?

OU-HSV
11/8/2009, 09:22 AM
And why did it look like a shot put throw?

tulsaoilerfan
11/8/2009, 10:34 AM
I have seen way too many things on offense this season that just make me shake my head and wonder what the **** is going on

meoveryouxinfinity
11/8/2009, 10:36 AM
The reign is officially over, or at least, taking a vacation.

LiveLaughLove
11/8/2009, 11:32 AM
I believe the final play was supposed to be an intermediate go route between the corners and safeties. Its a timing throw, that you have to zip in there. He didnt throw it on time and so the receivers are into the safeties. he should have dumped down or threw it away. I think he was frustrated and so just heaved it.

I could be wrong, I only saw it the once live, but thats what it looked like to me.

For the record its a hard throw, but one a Sooner QB does in practice daily, Im sure.

Spanish Sooner
11/8/2009, 11:40 AM
I am still confused about a few plays. They were beating the outside coverage with Broyles all the way down the field, but on 3rd and 5, they run a draw play into the teeth of the defense. The second was the final play. There were 30 seconds left, not 3! Why did they throw that?

The reason they ran the draw play is they had had some earlier success with running, and Suh had just gone off the field with cramps, so I guess they figured, knowing they'd go for it on fourth down, lets see if we can pound it again with their best DT on the sidelines.

jdsooner
11/8/2009, 11:56 AM
Well, you can't get intercepted when you run the ball.

MR2-Sooner86
11/8/2009, 12:06 PM
Well, you can't get intercepted when you run the ball.

You can fumble though...

S008NER
11/8/2009, 01:43 PM
29 Rushes-80 Yards-2.8 yards / rush

This is the problem.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 01:45 PM
so Jones holds the TD record and Pick record

nighttrain12
11/8/2009, 02:29 PM
The least they could do is say who held the record previously.

prrriiide
11/8/2009, 03:16 PM
29 Rushes-80 Yards-2.8 yards / rush

This is the problem.

Yes it is. But don't fail to point out that Patton's Patsies couldn't run-block their way through a wet paper banner. WTF has he been teaching these guys? Run blocking is run blocking no matter what position you play: you fire out and knock your assigned victim on his arse. What is so difficult about that? But it seems to be beyond the comprehension of our OL.

nighttrain12
11/8/2009, 05:06 PM
I saw on soonersports.com that Landry's 58 pass attempts tied Josh Heupel's OU single-game record. It didn't say how many INT's Josh had in that game.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/110709aaa.html

nighttrain12
11/8/2009, 05:15 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/media_guide.html

I notice in the OU football media guide, they apparently don't list negative 'individual' records. As a team, OU threw 4 INT's in a game twice,
1969 against Kansas State and also in 1970 against Wisconsin. The most for a season (team total) is 18 in the year 2000.

SoonerShark
11/8/2009, 06:00 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/media_guide.html

I notice in the OU football media guide, they apparently don't list negative 'individual' records. As a team, OU threw 4 INT's in a game twice,
1969 against Kansas State and also in 1970 against Wisconsin. The most for a season (team total) is 18 in the year 2000.

69s and 70s QB was Jack Mildren. We were killed by KSU in 69 with Lynn Dickey as their QB and we beat Wisconsin in Norman if my childhood memories are correct.

OUMallen
11/8/2009, 06:03 PM
Yes it is. But don't fail to point out that Patton's Patsies couldn't run-block their way through a wet paper banner. WTF has he been teaching these guys? Run blocking is run blocking no matter what position you play: you fire out and knock your assigned victim on his arse. What is so difficult about that? But it seems to be beyond the physical aptitude of our OL.

FTFY

I Am Right
11/8/2009, 06:43 PM
Can you believe that performance last night