PDA

View Full Version : When is the last time...

TUSooner
11/8/2009, 08:47 AM
OU "put it all together" and played an inspired, efficient, disciplined and competent game against a good team in a big game?

I realize that many teams never do that, but we are OU, we're are supposed to do it all the time. And I'm sure we have done it recently (if you count Mizzou and TTech as "good") but I really can't remember such a game since the Crystal Football.

All I can recall right now are the "big" games when we have been out motivated, out-coached, and out-played, even if it was by just barely enough to lose.

Am I SPOILED? Absolutely !!!

OU-HSV
11/8/2009, 08:55 AM
The only games that come to mind are (as you said) Tech and Mizzou....other than that I totally agree

VA Sooner
11/8/2009, 09:07 AM
The only games that come to mind are (as you said) Tech and Mizzou....other than that I totally agree

Agree.

TUSooner
11/8/2009, 10:14 AM
bump. I demand an answer!

;)

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 10:21 AM
OU "put it all together" and played an inspired, efficient, disciplined and competent game against a good team in a big game?

I realize that many teams never do that, but we are OU, we're are supposed to do it all the time. And I'm sure we have done it recently (if you count Mizzou and TTech as "good") but I really can't remember such a game since the Crystal Football.
All I can recall right now are the "big" games when we have been out motivated, out-coached, and out-played, even if it was by just barely enough to lose.

Really? Since 2000 the Sooners haven't played a complete game against a good team?

I wouldn't say spoiled, I'd call it irrational.

TUSooner
11/8/2009, 10:29 AM
Really? Since 2000 the Sooners haven't played a complete game against a good team?

I wouldn't say spoiled, I'd call it irrational.

So what "complete game against a good team" did I overlook? You offered a response (inane though it is) but not an answer.
FAIL

TheUnnamedSooner
11/8/2009, 10:32 AM
Maybe Cincinatti last year? At the time no one thought much of it, but they turned out really good. I might be reaching..,

Texas in 2007?

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2009, 12:18 PM
Rose Bowl against Wazzu comes to mind. I think OU has dismantled UT a couple of times as well. But it has been awhile.

SGT Park3R
11/8/2009, 12:29 PM
Oregon a few years back maybe. Not sure what the bowl name was though.
Not talking about the onside kick Oregon game.

CatfishSooner
11/8/2009, 12:33 PM
def. Tech..

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/8/2009, 12:33 PM
What I see is that the Sooners either blowout their opponent or they lose. Tough, gritty victories don't seem to be within our ability.

OU-HSV
11/8/2009, 12:47 PM
Oregon a few years back maybe. Not sure what the bowl name was though.
Not talking about the onside kick Oregon game.

Holiday bowl

SGT Park3R
11/8/2009, 12:50 PM
Holiday bowl

Thanks. Yea that one.:D

MyT Oklahoma
11/8/2009, 02:26 PM
I thought the beat down of Number One ranked Missouri in the 2007 Big 12 Championship Game was pretty impressive. Unfortunately we followed it up with an uninspired effort in the Fiesta Bowl.

Trust me I am as disappointed as anyone else over the past seven years.

Ground_Attack
11/8/2009, 03:00 PM

Weren't Mizzou and Tech ranked #1 and #2, respectively? I'd say they should qualify as good teams. Just because we **** kicked them doesn't change the fact that they beat pretty much everyone else.

Why do most Sooner fans go into "retard mode" after a loss? Sure, I'm disappointed but its not like its the end of the world. Get some perspective, people!

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 03:51 PM
So what "complete game against a good team" did I overlook? You offered a response (inane though it is) but not an answer.
FAIL

Angry internet super-fan says Sooner haven't played a complete game in almost 10 years! LOL

Gotta love it.

bluedogok
11/8/2009, 05:21 PM
I seem to remember a 65-13 game in the Cotton Bowl in 2003....

Both Big 12 Championship games against Missouri looked like inspired efforts and the Tech game last was if you ask my Tech wife and I who were at the game.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 05:27 PM
I seem to remember a 65-13 game in the Cotton Bowl in 2003....

Both Big 12 Championship games against Missouri looked like inspired efforts and the Tech game last was if you ask my Tech wife and I who were at the game.

Nope, no way!

:P

Stitch Face
11/8/2009, 06:54 PM
The Big XII title game against Nebraska was pretty frickin sweet

OUmillenium
11/8/2009, 09:54 PM
What I see is that the Sooners either blowout their opponent or they lose. Tough, gritty victories don't seem to be within our ability.

I see this a lot as well. It was nice beating UTerus in 2007 28-21, though.

Since the Crystal Ball...
Big wins in my mind are UT in 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004.

At Bama.

Oregon wins.

Some OSUx wins.

Some good ones in there but they are becoming more rare.

TUSooner
11/8/2009, 10:08 PM
Weren't Mizzou and Tech ranked #1 and #2, respectively? I'd say they should qualify as good teams. Just because we **** kicked them doesn't change the fact that they beat pretty much everyone else.

Why do most Sooner fans go into "retard mode" after a loss? Sure, I'm disappointed but its not like its the end of the world. Get some perspective, people!

I guess those TTech Mizzou wins were pretty good, at least at the time, before we learned they were overrated/.

"Retard mode"? A slight exaggeration, but kinda funny.

Pricetag
11/8/2009, 11:29 PM

Your description sounds to me kinda like, "When was the last time OU played like an underdog?"

Even this year, with as bad as things have gone, with as depleted as this team has become, we've been favored in every game except Texas. That's something to think about. It's sure to change against Tech and perhaps OSU, but still.