PDA

View Full Version : 4th and 1

En_Fuego
11/8/2009, 02:02 AM
KW calls a quick pitch sweep to Murray...With no blockers in front.

It's getting really comical........:pop:

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 02:04 AM
this play pissed me off so bad

why not qb sneak it??? why?? you need 2 feet??? are you telling me Jones can reach the ball out 2 ****ing feet??

Bob needs more blame, if people want to blame

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 02:07 AM
Great call if it works. Horrible if it fails.

If he runs a power play, and Suh blows it up, he'd been hung also.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 02:08 AM
4th and short

3rd and short

that has been the story on both sides of the ball each year for us... and we suck on both

En_Fuego
11/8/2009, 02:09 AM
Oh well. Things will get better. It seems like this season was doomed from the start. But I do believe that arrogance plays a big role. If you dont have the personel to run the scheme.......change the freakin scheme.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 02:12 AM
i just don't think this group is mature enough to run a no huddle

last year was a mature team

En_Fuego
11/8/2009, 02:23 AM
Great call if it works. Horrible if it fails.

If he runs a power play, and Suh blows it up, he'd been hung also.

They knew the power of the "Suh" before the game ever started. Projected the #1 player in the draft....and you try to block him man on man ......??????...........It's getting really comical. But I have changed my attitude and now I am taking this season as a episode of Saturday Night Live.

Between the injuries, 6th grade mistakes, dropped balls, penalties, penalties, utter confusion, unbelievable play calling, OL clueless, Kickers on LSD...

But there will be a brighter day. But it wont start until next September. This season has been cast into Comedy Central.

And we all had so much to look forward too in August....thats what hurts.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 02:24 AM
i felt bad for S. Good , the Suh guy was destroying him all night

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2009, 03:19 AM
They knew the power of the "Suh" before the game ever started. Projected the #1 player in the draft....and you try to block him man on man ......??????...........It's getting really comical. But I have changed my attitude and now I am taking this season as a episode of Saturday Night Live.

I know you may find this hard to believe, but there is nothing you know about football that KW doesn't. He knows all about Suh, and he knows all about man-to-man blocking schemes. If he calls for a certain blocking scheme, or calls a certain play, it is for a reason. Do you really think that this stuff escapes him?

They once asked Knute Rockne why his team lost after a particular Saturday. His response? "I won't know until Monday when my barber tells me."

Curly Bill
11/8/2009, 03:23 AM
I know you may find this hard to believe, but there is nothing you know about football that KW doesn't. He knows all about Suh, and he knows all about man-to-man blocking schemes. If he calls for a certain blocking scheme, or calls a certain play, it is for a reason. Do you really think that this stuff escapes him?

They once asked Knute Rockne why his team lost after a particular Saturday. His response? "I won't know until Monday when my barber tells me."

Yes. :D

En_Fuego
11/8/2009, 03:26 AM
But Kevin Wilson cuts his own hair.

OU-HSV
11/8/2009, 09:26 AM

hahaha

StoopTroup
11/8/2009, 09:29 AM
What's comical to me is that any of you think that Suh should go before McCoy in the draft.

StoopTroup
11/8/2009, 09:35 AM
This season has been cast into Comedy Central.

And we all had so much to look forward too in August....thats what hurts.

Explain the KSU win then?

We've blown up on the road. except for the KU game. We have one road game left and three games total. At least the TAMU game is winnable and hopefully Bob will get a road win in Lubbock. We need to win that one just as a mental issue in my mind. Winning at KU and Lubbock would help the Team with this Road Game Funk they are in IMO.

Win all three of the last games and I think it will not only help the players attitudes...it might help some of the Fans pull their heads out of their rears too.

SoonerLB
11/8/2009, 09:45 AM

That's prolly a good thing, the barber would be too tempted to cut his throat.

kevpks
11/8/2009, 09:51 AM
I think they are taking the "let them grow into the system" approach. I think that is fine in the large scheme of things but on individual crucial plays and drives just get back to f-ing basics.

OKC-SLC
11/8/2009, 10:51 AM
this play pissed me off so bad

why not qb sneak it??? why?? you need 2 feet??? are you telling me Jones can reach the ball out 2 ****ing feet??

You are correct--a QB sneak should be able to get 2 yards against any defense with only rare exceptions. However, we've used L Jones for a sneak several times in those 3rd and goal type situations and he just simply lacks he push, the extension, and/or the blocking to be able to do it. I don't know why, but I've seen a lot of QB sneaks gaining very little by this team

That's not to say tossing to Murray and telling him to go 1 on 3 for 5 yards is a good idea either.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 10:56 AM
You are correct--a QB sneak should be able to get 2 yards against any defense with only rare exceptions. However, we've used L Jones for a sneak several times in those 3rd and goal type situations and he just simply lacks he push, the extension, and/or the blocking to be able to do it. I don't know why, but I've seen a lot of QB sneaks gaining very little by this team

That's not to say tossing to Murray and telling him to go 1 on 3 for 5 yards is a good idea either.

They weren't going to go sneak, against Suh, with Freshman/Freshman/Lepak across the the front.

Blitzkrieg
11/8/2009, 11:23 AM
It was a great call, get our best player in space away from their best player. NU had a different call on.

The fact a play doesn't work doesn't make it a bad call.

sooner ngintunr
11/8/2009, 11:27 AM
NU knew it was coming.

OKC-SLC
11/8/2009, 11:46 AM
NU knew it was coming.

they knew it was coming b/c if you looked at it, they were inviting the sneak and Landry didn't (want to) change into it. so they had a feeling we'd go wide.

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2009, 11:57 AM
The fact a play doesn't work doesn't make it a bad call.

You can try getting that through to them. I wish you luck.

mightysooner
11/8/2009, 01:02 PM
It's not that Nebbish knew which play was coming. We haven't run that misdirection toss since AD was here. It's that who we have in the game in terms of personnel gives away exactly who is getting the ball. That's why it's so easy to prepare for us defensively and that's why it looks like people know our plays. If Murray is in the game, he's getting the ball 90% of the time. Just flow where he goes and we're stopped.

ouwapiti
11/8/2009, 01:15 PM
why in god's name cant you just call a play, go to the line and execute it instead of taking a chance of getting the dreaded false start because of all the play changing......'mighty sooner'...they do know the plays because there are so few of them...we do nothing imaginative, creative etc...and havent for a few years now.....boring offense..... i'd rather watch navy or georgia tech sometimes.....

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 01:22 PM
you would figure after the Florida goal line stand, that they would realize that the quick run plays do absolutely jack ****

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:25 PM
It's not that Nebbish knew which play was coming. We haven't run that misdirection toss since AD was here. It's that who we have in the game in terms of personnel gives away exactly who is getting the ball. That's why it's so easy to prepare for us defensively and that's why it looks like people know our plays. If Murray is in the game, he's getting the ball 90% of the time. Just flow where he goes and we're stopped.

We ran it against Tulsa and Texas this year.

jkjsooner
11/8/2009, 01:31 PM
What's comical to me is that any of you think that Suh should go before McCoy in the draft.

Unfortunately for McCoy, he will never get a chance to go against our offensive line.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 01:34 PM
Unfortunately for McCoy, he will never get a chance to go against our offensive line.

:D

OKC-SLC
11/8/2009, 02:37 PM

heh.

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2009, 04:01 PM
why in god's name cant you just call a play, go to the line and execute it instead of taking a chance of getting the dreaded false start because of all the play changing......

Good point.

'mighty sooner'...they do know the plays because there are so few of them...we do nothing imaginative, creative etc...

Malarkey. None of us expected the play call, and Nebbish didn't either. But that doesn't mean it will work. They just defended it well.

Whenever a play gets stuffed, it looks like the other team knew it was coming.

En_Fuego
11/8/2009, 04:06 PM
LOL....The quick pitch sweep would have worked but you have to have either a TE or Slot run a route to take the CB down field. If you watch the replay there are 3 Scarlet Jersey's in front of Murray.....= No Chance

bluedogok
11/8/2009, 04:13 PM
I think most are just repeating what seems to be the consensus of the talking heads out there. McCoy has received a fraction of the attention that Suh has this year.

you would figure after the Florida goal line stand, that they would realize that the quick run plays do absolutely jack ****
I think the old Dick Winder quick snap like they ran with Fuente would work as a QB sneak, the quick snap plays they are running now are worthless, it always seems to be run right into a blitz or some other bad situation.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 04:14 PM
Good point.

Malarkey. None of us expected the play call, and Nebbish didn't either. But that doesn't mean it will work. They just defended it well.

Whenever a play gets stuffed, it looks like the other team knew it was coming.

The answer simply lies in the fact that Nebraska knew they didn't have to commit their safeties against the inside run game.

They didn't bite and made the play.