PDA

View Full Version : THIS is Our Quarterback

Sooner04
11/7/2009, 11:54 PM
And tonight he provided us the worst quarterback play since the days of John Blake.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/KingpinPadre/15941_1124870012435_1547670074_3030.jpg

JLEW1818
11/7/2009, 11:59 PM
lol, is it me or does Landry look like a guy on Nintendo Wii character??

LawtonBoy74
11/8/2009, 12:01 AM
******!!!! is that wrong...no I'm angry..Terrible QB play all night long!!

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 12:51 AM
And tonight he provided us the worst quarterback play since the days of John Blake.

Rewatch the 2005 TCU game.

Hybl also had some bad ones. The 2002 Texas game sticks out.

Petro-Sooner
11/8/2009, 01:03 AM
Hybl was sub-par at best.

FaninAma
11/8/2009, 01:06 AM
Never threw 5 interceptions and finished his career as the Rose Bowl MVP. Also, he never lost to Texas.

Curly Bill
11/8/2009, 01:09 AM
Aw hell folks, we knew there was something wrong with Landry when we first say him with that stache. No one in their right mind would deliberately do that. :D

Petro-Sooner
11/8/2009, 01:11 AM
Yeah. People here get their panties in a wad when you say a single thing negative over him. I was never a fan of him but........

I'll hold my judgment on the current starting QB.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:12 AM
Never threw 5 interceptions and finished his career as the Rose Bowl MVP. Also, he never lost to Texas.

He also had some terrible games. But you ARE right, he did go 1-0 against Texas, throwing 4 picks in that game.

It's a team game. We had an awful o-line in 2001, like we have an awful one this year.

jdsooner
11/8/2009, 01:15 AM
Jones had time to throw, only sacked twice. The receivers did not drop the ball either. Hope we have a good qb competition in the spring.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:20 AM
Jones had time to throw, only sacked twice. The receivers did not drop the ball either. Hope we have a good qb competition in the spring.

The o-line got whipped all night, regardless of sack count. I agree the WRs played okay.

Landry was terrible, and so was his protection to a lesser extent.

MamaMia
11/8/2009, 01:36 AM
He also had some terrible games. But you ARE right, he did go 1-0 against Texas, throwing 4 picks in that game.

It's a team game. We had an awful o-line in 2001, like we have an awful one this year. Nates career stats:

http://soonerstats.com/football/players/stats.cfm?PlayerID=761

Sooner04
11/8/2009, 01:44 AM
Rewatch the 2005 TCU game.

Hybl also had some bad ones. The 2002 Texas game sticks out.
I don't remember Paul throwing five picks in that game.

And I DO remember Hybl getting his **** together and leading that team to 21 fourth quarter points to WIN that Texas game.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 01:45 AM
the last close game we won, that i recall was what? 2006 at aggie? 17-16?

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:48 AM
Nates career stats:

http://soonerstats.com/football/players/stats.cfm?PlayerID=761

Yep, everyone in 2001 wanted to talk about how much he sucked. After the Rose Bowl, all the talk was greatness.

Think just maybe the answer lied in the middle? He was a good player.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:49 AM
the last close game we won, that i recall was what? 2006 at aggie? 17-16?

2007 Texas, Mizzou pt 1

Sooner04
11/8/2009, 01:50 AM
Yep, everyone in 2001 wanted to talk about how much he sucked. After the Rose Bowl, all the talk was greatness.

I'll go with that. Nate was a good college quarterback. Compared to Landry he's Sid Luckman.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:51 AM

And I DO remember Hybl getting his **** together and leading that team to 21 fourth quarter points to WIN that Texas game.
I don't remember Paul throwing the ball SIXTY (60) times in a game either.

I also remember Hybl get his **** together that game. He was also a 5th year SENIOR with a VERY veteran offense!

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:53 AM
I'll go with that. Nate was a good college quarterback. Compared to Landry he's Sid Luckman.

So you are telling me a SENIOR surrounded by other juniors and seniors (OU's 2002 offense) looked better than a FRESHMAN surrounded by who knows what?

BRILLIANT!!!

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 01:54 AM
well Landry does hold the OU single game record for TD passes !

(lol he might hold the record for single game picks too)

MamaMia
11/8/2009, 02:11 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/britney_2162451b-1.jpg

SCOUT
11/8/2009, 02:16 AM
He had a QB rating of 21.12. That seems a tad below the expectations for our QB.

Keep in mind that Sam had a season QB rating in the 140's. I am not making a comparison but rather giving a reference point.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 02:19 AM
what was Sam's ratings against Colorado and Iowa state in 07?

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 02:20 AM
He had a QB rating of 21.12. That seems a tad below the expectations for our QB.

Keep in mind that Sam had a season QB rating in the 140's. I am not making a comparison but rather giving a reference point.
He had a terrible game. No need to even reference his rating.

Afterall, everyone said his season rating was "great" just 6 hours ago.

SCOUT
11/8/2009, 02:28 AM

Afterall, everyone said his season rating was "great" just 6 hours ago.

So, no need to reference the measure by which he is judged?

I don't recall posting that he was great 6 hours ago. I am not calling him names, or saying anything derogatory. I am pointing out a fact.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 02:31 AM
Yep, he was "freshman all-american" at 17 TDs and 6 INTs.

6 hours later, and at 17 TDs and 11 INTs he should have his scholly revoked.

Gotta love super-fan!

SCOUT
11/8/2009, 02:33 AM
Yep, he was "freshman all-american" at 17 TDs and 6 INTs.

6 hours later, and at 17 TDs and 11 INTs he should have his scholly revoked.

Gotta love super-fan!

Did I miss the sentences in my post where his scholly was even a subject?

Try not to project.

Piware
11/8/2009, 02:33 AM

Nate, like Landry, never seemed to know what to do with his feet. He had such happy feet in the pocket I tensed up every time he took his "tippy toe" drop. It didn't help that in those days Mangino always treated first down like it was a freebie. To this day, when we find ourselves with 2nd and 13, someone declares it a Mangino down.

Also, like Landry, Nate didn't expect to be the full time QB but was pressed into action. Guess it goes in cycles but it is sure hard to watch. Hope there is greatness in the coming season for Landry too.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 02:34 AM
Landry aint so good when he is running with the ball ready to pass

some of those passes were not even close

Curly Bill
11/8/2009, 02:36 AM
I think that last pass of his might have hit the big board had they been in Jerry World. Good grief.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 02:37 AM
he still probably thinks it was 4th down... hehe

Curly Bill
11/8/2009, 02:46 AM
Even those clueless *** announcers couldn't believe that play.

En_Fuego
11/8/2009, 02:46 AM
I think that last pass of his might have hit the big board had they been in Jerry World. Good grief.

And on 2nd down.......lol....I still cant believe what I saw. WTF..where did that come from....all we needed was 10 yards...spike.

The last time I saw things like this was in the 90's

MamaMia
11/8/2009, 03:16 AM

Afterall, everyone said his season rating was "great" just 6 hours ago. "everyone?" Not hardly. His game was so terrible that it was beyond inconceivable. I cant remember an OU quarterback having that bad of a game...ever.

sooners2win
11/8/2009, 04:44 AM

Hmmmmmm, last to win BCS game. just sayin

OUbasketball4life
11/8/2009, 05:05 AM
OK, with Landry in as quarterback I have noticed and I know you have noticed that he does not make big plays. He eyes down his receiver. I think he has potential but it will be something that he has to work at. I honestly think that Blake Bell might even challenge for his position next year....Once again, (I'm not bashing the kid, just his football skills last night). I hope to see the quarterback bounce back and have a game of his life against A&M...and I'm also praying that OU can came somehow become a second half and 4th quarter team.

swardboy
11/8/2009, 07:50 AM
Landry aint so good when he is running with the ball ready to pass

some of those passes were not even close

Yeah, when LJ rolled out I got a sinking feeling all night. He's never been the pinpoint passer that Sam is, but I thought he was showing consistent improvement game by game. Last night he had a particular problem throwing too high. That's usually a problem of over-striding....trying too hard. He's not faced hostility like he experienced in Lincoln last night. Part of the learning curve is just having to go through environments like that. If you find yourself walking through hell, keep on walking.....

the_sooners_abide
11/8/2009, 08:02 AM
I know we've all desperately annointed Landry as the successor to Sam's throne, but lets just call him what he is at this point: a worldbeater against crappy teams, and terrible against good teams. There should be an open QB competition throughout the spring and summer between Landry, Drew, and Blake.

OUmillenium
11/8/2009, 08:25 AM
Never been on the bandwagon of LJ, nor was I on Bomar's wagon back in the day. Both telegraphed everything their Freshmean year. Thats part of the problem with our screens and shuffle passes or anything that requires a measure of deception, Landry is locked in the whole play on where the play is going and the defense is never fooled. I always thought Josh and Sam would be great basketball players, at least in pickup games, because they would be able to see the floor and outsmart opponents. I also assumed guys like Nate, Bomar, and now LJ would suck distributing the ball and only look to shoot the rock.

TUSooner
11/8/2009, 08:27 AM
I'm not ready to shoot LJ, but he was perfectly awful last nite. He looked clueless, stunned, dull-eyed.... But then, the whole offense looked like they'd gone out for a group lobotomy on Friday night, KW included.
It was just a disgrace to throw away such a sterling performance by OUr defense with a no-show, no clue offense.

Wake up Sooners, on the whole, we are a mediocre, undisciplined, unfocused team.

TopDawg
11/8/2009, 09:10 AM
Don't forget unhealthy.

VA Sooner
11/8/2009, 09:11 AM
Landry played like the redshirt freshman that he is. Will need time to mature... to be able to pump fake, hold the safeties and linebackers, go through progressions, be able to throw on the run... and not throw a hail mary amongst 5 defenders on 2nd down and ten with plenty of time left in the game.

Growing pains.

TUSooner
11/8/2009, 09:14 AM
Landry played like the redshirt freshman that he is. Will need time to mature... to be able to pump fake, hold the safeties and linebackers, go through progressions, be able to throw on the run... and not throw a hail mary amongst 5 defenders on 2nd down and ten with plenty of time left in the game.

Growing pains.

That sounds reasonable.
So why are you posting it here ?!?!?! :mad:

:D :D :D

SCxxSOONER
11/8/2009, 09:22 AM
I never was very impressed with Jones for some reason whether it be his footwork or his pocket presence, but tonight i'm convinced he's not the quarterback at OU of the future.

SoonerLB
11/8/2009, 09:25 AM
I'm not ready to shoot LJ, but he was perfectly awful last nite. He looked clueless, stunned, dull-eyed.... But then, the whole offense looked like they'd gone out for a group lobotomy on Friday night, KW included.
It was just a disgrace to throw away such a sterling performance by OUr defense with a no-show, no clue offense.

Wake up Sooners, on the whole, we are a mediocre, undisciplined, unfocused team.

No clue offense is right, with an idiot calling the plays! :mad:

budbarrybob
11/8/2009, 09:43 AM

epic :D

budbarrybob
11/8/2009, 09:49 AM
Nate, like Landry, never seemed to know what to do with his feet. He had such happy feet in the pocket I tensed up every time he took his "tippy toe" drop. It didn't help that in those days Mangino always treated first down like it was a freebie. To this day, when we find ourselves with 2nd and 13, someone declares it a Mangino down.

Also, like Landry, Nate didn't expect to be the full time QB but was pressed into action. Guess it goes in cycles but it is sure hard to watch. Hope there is greatness in the coming season for Landry too.

Nate didn't have happy feet until he got his arse blown up in the K-State game. IIRC the Blitzers were able to taste Nates innards with some of those sacks. After that, Nate was so jittery in the pocket he'd have to have elephant tranqs. to settle him down...

FaninAma
11/8/2009, 09:51 AM

Growing pains.
What? A rs freshman qb at major D-1
program needs to learn how to pump-
fake? My 2nd grader knows how to do
that. He's also more accurate than Landry
when he rolls out. :D

meoveryouxinfinity
11/8/2009, 09:55 AM
losing is fine. But here's the deal:

BYU---not that good
MIAMI---not that good
*---good, but not great
NEB---not that good

so, OKLAHOMA---worse than not that good=bad.

My Opinion Matters
11/8/2009, 10:31 AM
Landry is not absolved of guilt, but it really needs to be emphasized that we have an absolutely atrocious set of receivers. Easily the worst set we've had under Stoops, including his first year when we were sending out a platoon of converted db's.

I'm not going to sit here and crucify a young student-athlete, but Adron Tennell is not a football player. I'd have to watch the game again, but between his baffling inability to catch passes thrown right into his numbers, quitting his routes, running the wrong routes, tipping passes, alligator arms, and pulling up short so he doesn't get hit he contributed to 2-3 of those interceptions.

We've heard what a terrific position coach Jay Norvell is, but where are the results? We're not recruiting good receivers and they're certainly not being into refined good players under his tutelage.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 10:40 AM
losing is fine. But here's the deal:

BYU---not that good
MIAMI---not that good
*---good, but not great
NEB---not that good

so, OKLAHOMA---worse than not that good=bad.

Ever hear of "average"?

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 10:40 AM
I never was very impressed with Jones for some reason whether it be his footwork or his pocket presence, but tonight i'm convinced he's not the quarterback at OU of the future.
Would have loved to have read this on Friday.

oudivesherpa
11/8/2009, 10:50 AM
I take a longer term view, this is our Quarterback for "now" but I hope that in spring ball the position is truly wide open and that Landry is not automatically the first team QB next year.

SoonerTrain
11/8/2009, 11:04 AM
Landry had a bad game without a doubt, but you can't write off a freshman qb after a game or two. He is in an extremely unfavorable situation, following a heisman winner and being surrounded by less than half the fiepower we had last year. This game will really bother him, and with Josh's help, he will learn from it and get better as a result. Things will improve overall on that side of the ball and I think before he's done LJ will be a really good quarterback.

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 11:17 AM
Hybl was horrible...

Sooner04
11/8/2009, 12:25 PM
When in doubt, blame Nate Hybl. I'd LOVE to have Nate Hybl quarterbacking this team right now.

Football SHOULD be about accountability. If someone isn't getting it done, play someone who will. If Landry's performance was the most foul thing since Eric Moore, bring in a backup. Have some accountability for a wretched performance.

Collier11
11/8/2009, 12:27 PM
Remember people, not everyone is going to be as good as Sam as a freshman. Landry IS still a freshman who is having a hell of a season, just had a really bad game. Lay off

Sooner04
11/8/2009, 12:30 PM
Jamelle Holieway!
Charles Thompson!

Collier11
11/8/2009, 12:45 PM
So, 3 ever? Hmmm

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 12:46 PM
Troy Aikman...oh wait...0-13 at Kansas in first start...

rainiersooner
11/8/2009, 12:48 PM
Hybl was horrible...

I generally try to avoid criticizing OU players; or at least try to do so constructively. But there was a game where Hybl was starting - I forget which one - and I was watching it with a bunch of Sooner fans at a bar here in Seattle. I happened to be standing next to a very nice older couple at one point when Hybl made one of his customary boneheaded plays. So, I said - to the very nice older couple - "Man, we need to just pull him out, he couldn't hit the broad side of the barn." The woman snapped back at me: "Do you think you could do better?" Then she paused and said "I should let you know I'm his mother." Man, that was embarrassing. Although, in response to her question, I said, "Yes." :D

Collier11
11/8/2009, 12:52 PM
Hybl was 20-3 as a starter and won a Rose Bowl

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 12:53 PM
Hybl was 20-3 as a starter and won a Rose Bowl

Despite himself....

Collier11
11/8/2009, 12:56 PM
Rediculous statement, the only reason he is so disliked is cus he lost to puke . The guy was Rose Bowl MVP, I dont think that is despite himself

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 12:57 PM
forget Hybl, that is old news...

Collier11
11/8/2009, 01:02 PM
just admit you are wrong

Sooner04
forget Hybl, that is old news...
Words you should live by.

Soonerus
Hybl suked as an OU QB..ok, I admitted it....

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 01:04 PM
Words you should live by.

philosophy from 04, now that is valuable...

Sooner04
11/8/2009, 01:05 PM
philosophy from 04, now that is valuable...
Only if you're smart enough to take it.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 01:06 PM
lol Sam Bradford won a Heisman as a Sophomore... him and Jesus Christ were the only ones to do that

we can't expect that

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 01:06 PM

duh, me smart enough...

soonergirlNeugene
11/8/2009, 02:38 PM
I think it's too soon to go throwing Landry under the bus. I give credit to Nebraska's defense. It's clear that they watched a lot of tape and saw something in his mechanics that they exploited to their gain.

Stuff like that can be coached up and I think Heupel can get the job done. It's not like they were preparing him as a starter all spring and summer. For having to step up and lead the team in a season where you probably didn't expect to play a game under center, I think he's shown a lot of promise.

SCxxSOONER
11/8/2009, 04:41 PM
Would have loved to have read this on Friday.

I was never the drinker of the stache koolaid but frequently stated that Landry did not deserve the billing as OUr next qb at OU, What has he done?? Well He's beaten KSU, KU, Potato State, and Tulsa, thats not really the best line of competition, Against Miami, BYU, and Texas he didnt do a thing, and I know the Oline sucks blah blah, hes not very good thats the bottom line. Don't hate the kid just saying hes probably not the answer for the future

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 04:51 PM
I was never the drinker of the stache koolaid but frequently stated that Landry did not deserve the billing as OUr next qb at OU, What has he done?? Well He's beaten KSU, KU, Potato State, and Tulsa, thats not really the best line of competition, Against Miami, BYU, and Texas he didnt do a thing, and I know the Oline sucks blah blah, hes not very good thats the bottom line. Don't hate the kid just saying hes probably not the answer for the future

The team won those games. QB is a huge part, but just a part. Too much credit, too much blame.

I agree he didn't do much in the BYU and Texas games. Have you ever tried to play QB without getting the first team reps? I can only imagine it is very tough.

Miami? He played very well. If it weren't for a whiffed block that got him killed, OU wins that game.

setem
11/8/2009, 04:56 PM
Up until last night the young man was doing quite well. This is a BS thread! Hope out there and show us what kind of QB you can be? Because I am 100% sure you would have your *** handed to you. Give the kid a break!

Also no he did not have much time to throw. He was moving every which way in the pocket. The 0-line is to blame for everything that has happened this year. They are to blame for Sam going down and they to blame for the every loss this year. Landry did throw those balls away but he is not the main reason we lost last night.

delhalew
11/8/2009, 05:01 PM
I could have throat punched Landry last night, but some you just kill me.

You knew ALL ALONG Landry wasn't the answer. My @ss you did.

There will be a epic battle in the off season for the starting position next year. If you want to tell us who wins go ahead, but you're wasting your time.

setem
11/8/2009, 05:58 PM
I could have throat punched Landry last night, but some you just kill me.

You knew ALL ALONG Landry wasn't the answer. My @ss you did.

There will be a epic battle in the off season for the starting position next year. If you want to tell us who wins go ahead, but you're wasting your time.

Not wasting my time at all FRIEND! Landry will be our QB next year!

delhalew
11/8/2009, 06:11 PM
Not wasting my time at all FRIEND! Landry will be our QB next year!

:D yeah, I suspect your right. I just don't believe all this "I knowd it all along!!! Landry sux".

bluedogok
11/8/2009, 06:13 PM
:D yeah, I suspect your right. I just don't believe all this "I knowd it all along!!! Landry sux".
Yep, just go back and look at some posts from a few games back to see a different opinion by many of the people who jumped of the Landry bandwagon....

picasso
11/8/2009, 06:13 PM
Landry was awful but just like his final two INT's you have to blame his coach. They were all over the route to Broyles and the final pass he had NOBODY underneath.
Sometimes we are soooooooooo predictable.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/8/2009, 06:19 PM
I remember one of our greatest teams, the 1975 National Championship team, once had 8 turnovers and got whipped by below average Kansas team.

It happens. Favre had a few 5 INT games.

One bad passing game by a freshman QB doesn't mean ****.

Get the cornhusk out of your ***.

SCxxSOONER
11/8/2009, 10:42 PM
I remember one of our greatest teams, the 1975 National Championship team, once had 8 turnovers and got whipped by below average Kansas team.

It happens. Favre had a few 5 INT games.

One bad passing game by a freshman QB doesn't mean ****.

Get the cornhusk out of your ***.

a bad game would be what happened against texas, this was beyond a bad game not all his fault but 5 picks against an ok Neb team come on

PLaw
11/8/2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah. People here get their panties in a wad when you say a single thing negative over him. I was never a fan of him but........

I'll hold my judgment on the current starting QB.

Yeah, need to see him behind a division 1 level O-line before you can pass judgement.

Boomer

TopDawg
11/9/2009, 10:31 AM
I'm more worried about our o-line than our QB.

sooneron
11/9/2009, 10:33 AM
I'm more worried about our o-line than our QB.

Actually, you should be just as worried for the qb, because he has to rely on the oline to keep him from looking like roadkill.

I think Brandon should make his original post into a tshirt and wear it to the game. Maybe he can pick up a seat behind the OU bench.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/9/2009, 10:43 AM

I remember Q running all over that tejas team in the 4th quarter. No such help for Landry on Sat night. Let's try to remember he is a freshman.

Collier11
11/9/2009, 11:00 AM
Something about this team needs to change and it isnt the QB...Stoops gets paid the big bucks to figure that out, this has been a nightmare for us fans but if any of you dont think this is eating at the players and coaches even worse you are dead wrong. Stoops will get this corrected and we will be back next yr, make no bones about it!

picasso
11/9/2009, 11:10 AM
Something about this team needs to change and it isnt the QB...Stoops gets paid the big bugs to figure that out, this has been a nightmare for us fans but if any of you dont think this is eating at the players and coaches even worse you are dead wrong. Stoops will get this corrected and we will be back next yr, make no bones about it!

Bugs and bones? Hmmmm, I dunno, sounds wishy washy.

fossil
11/9/2009, 11:13 AM
******!!!! is that wrong...no I'm angry..Terrible QB play all night long!!

:P Oh, and the offensive line did a fantastic job of giving him time, right? Puhleeze. He may have had a bad night, but it wasn't just Landry's problem.

Howzit
11/9/2009, 11:15 AM
Hybl never had to play as a redshirt Freshman without the benefit of Spring or pre-season practices. Just sayin.

Collier11
11/9/2009, 11:16 AM
some people can see no line between amateur athletics and real life issues, frustrated yes, acting like some of you are acting, NO

NormanPride
11/9/2009, 11:33 AM
The worst part about Landry's performance, to me, was that I thought everyone else was having a better than average game. WRs were catching balls, getting open, and blocking downfield. OL wasn't getting huge penalties and was, for the most part, holding their own against a DL that's as good as ours. Eldridge went down early with an injury and we had to play our backup center for most of the game, who ALSO got injured. Sure they didn't play well, but they played better than they normally do. The running game was more effective than I think any of us predicted. Tennel goes down with a hideous injury and Kenney comes in and makes some really clutch catches. Tennel comes BACK and makes some great blocks and catches and keeps fighting. Through all this, Landry is having the worst night of his life. I think that's what's so disappointing about this game to me...

I just hope this game didn't crush his confidence. All I can tell you is that if he falters against A&M, it will be very hard for the coaches to keep him in.

Soonerus
11/9/2009, 11:35 AM
I think Landry will be fine...

KantoSooner
11/9/2009, 11:40 AM
Laugh and move on, but fix what's wrong....or bitch and obsess. Up to you. I think Jones is and will be an excellent QB. Didn't show it on Saturday, though.
Some of it has to do with delivery. Sam tended to lay the ball to receivers; Landry throws holes in them (or approximately three feet over their heads, as the case may be). Awfully hard for receivers to adjust to both....and they spent the spring and summer dialing in with Sam. Jones will make the adjustments as will the receivers. Might not be in time for this season, though.
Oh, and before you get all cranky on me: John Elway had a massively hard delivery and he wasn't too bad of a QB.

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 11:40 AM

That's not nice making fun of 04.

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 11:42 AM

Hey Rus...

That's code for you're a dumbass BTW.

YWIA

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 12:00 PM
Everybody needs to give ol' 04 some slack. Hell, he's a ****ing Padres fan. He's gone insane from watching years and years of ****ty baseball played by a team who has had more uni changes than the Astros.

No doubt Landry screwed the pooch Saturday night, but the unabashed stupidity around here - and especially the venomous tirades against him smack of, well, stupidity.

Landry ain't Bradford. However, he's a damn good QB who will lead us to a lot of victories in the future. Well as long as our future includes a few O-linemen and somebody, ANY ****ING BODY who can kick a galdamn field goal.:bsmf:

NormanPride
11/9/2009, 12:10 PM
Fire Tress Way! Wait...

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 12:16 PM
He's gone insane.

At least we agree about him. :D:pop:

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2009, 12:19 PM
So from this point forward, do we derail all these threads with...

http://blogs.citypages.com/gop/Obama%20nazi-thumb.bmp

Obama hate?

Or...

https://www.msu.edu/course/isb/202/ebertmay/images/boobies.jpg

Boobies?

Soonerus
11/9/2009, 12:20 PM
Everybody needs to give ol' 04 some slack. He's gone insane...:bsmf:

What do you mean, he has been insane for some time...

kbsooner21
11/9/2009, 12:26 PM
What kind of moron started this thread?

StoopTroup
11/9/2009, 12:27 PM
What kind of moron started this thread?

Maybe this should be a poll? :D

TopDawg
11/9/2009, 01:47 PM
The worst part about Landry's performance, to me, was that I thought everyone else was having a better than average game. WRs were catching balls, getting open, and blocking downfield. OL wasn't getting huge penalties and was, for the most part, holding their own against a DL that's as good as ours. Eldridge went down early with an injury and we had to play our backup center for most of the game, who ALSO got injured. Sure they didn't play well, but they played better than they normally do. The running game was more effective than I think any of us predicted. Tennel goes down with a hideous injury and Kenney comes in and makes some really clutch catches. Tennel comes BACK and makes some great blocks and catches and keeps fighting. Through all this, Landry is having the worst night of his life. I think that's what's so disappointing about this game to me...

I just hope this game didn't crush his confidence. All I can tell you is that if he falters against A&M, it will be very hard for the coaches to keep him in.

Pretty good summary. Landry seemed to be the one most off of his game. The o-line performed better in pass-blocking than I expected, but the run-blocking remained pretty bad. The only player besides Landry who had a below-average game was...like Dean mentioned...our kicker.

If he makes the two he misses, we lose 10-9. But if he makes the two he misses, we don't go for it on fourth down twice while in FG range and maybe we win 15-10. More importantly, we put pressure on Nebraska's offense and maybe force them to make a mistake.

This season is just a case of everything hitting the fan at once. I was more worried about the future of the OU program in early 2005 and at the beginning of 2006 than I am now. Maybe because I cared more about OU football then than I do now, or maybe because I feel that if we could bounce back from that, we can bounce back from this.

MamaMia
11/9/2009, 02:01 PM
OK, with Landry in as quarterback I have noticed and I know you have noticed that he does not make big plays. He eyes down his receiver. I think he has potential but it will be something that he has to work at. I honestly think that Blake Bell might even challenge for his position next year....Once again, (I'm not bashing the kid, just his football skills last night). I hope to see the quarterback bounce back and have a game of his life against A&M...and I'm also praying that OU can came somehow become a second half and 4th quarter team.
Problem being that "potential" is something you have in high school. Results are what you're suppose to have in college, or at least if you're a Sooner.

Unless he improves a whole lot and real quick, I'm not feeling all warm and cuddly about this guy.

jadubya
11/9/2009, 02:42 PM
/\ Correction above....Tennell didn't catch any passes on Saturday night. The most crucial miss was the tipped ball that landed very softly....right in his hands.....for a first down.......that he let fall to the turf. This resulted in our first missed field goal.

I truly believe we go on to score a TD on that drive.....and this game never gets close after that. The crowd was silenced....up until they got that 3rd down stop......and then the missed FG.......it was all downhill from there.

Tennell then misses the long pass in the 2nd quarter that is in his hands....he bobbles it.....and then gets lit up by the Husker DB. A good receiver makes both of those plays.....and he just isn't very good.

This craziness that somebody mentioned earlier that this game would have been close even WITH Sam is nuts. Demarco Murray is STILL open running acorss the middle and Landry is STILL throwing that ball 2 ft high and 2 ft behind him. We had receivers open all night long.

kbsooner21
11/9/2009, 02:46 PM
Problem being that "potential" is something you have in high school. Results are what you're suppose to have in college, or at least if you're a Sooner.

Unless he improves a whole lot and real quick, I'm not feeling all warm and cuddly about this guy.

LMFAO! The kid just went into a night game in Lincoln, Nebraska, 2nd largest crowd ever, and had Donkey Kong Suh breathing down his neck all game. Not to mention his what 5th, 6th start EVER.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to win this game just as bad as every other Sooner out there, but man, lining this guy up for the guillotine after a rough outing under the conditions listed above is pure stupidity!

I'm willing to give him some time...

Sooner04
11/9/2009, 02:54 PM
My man Charles Thompson navigated around Neil Smith and Broderick Thomas to win the GOTC II. I'm tired of hearing about Donkey Kong Suh. He wasn't in the backfield nearly as often as Landry's happy feet suggested he was.

badger
11/9/2009, 03:01 PM
My man Charles Thompson navigated around Neil Smith and Broderick Thomas to win the GOTC II. I'm tired of hearing about Donkey Kong Suh. He wasn't in the backfield nearly as often as Landry's happy feet suggested he was.

NP said his son is coming to OU soon. Bet you all can't wait for another Thompson under center, eh? :D

TopDawg
11/9/2009, 03:05 PM
Your man Charles Thompson didn't have Keith Jackson standing on the sidelines with his backup starting (and then getting injured) at guard.

Sooner04
11/9/2009, 03:10 PM
My man Charles Thompson had to wade into Lincoln with Lydell Carr on the sidelines in street clothes.

No excuses! Option right!

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 03:11 PM
Dude, CT had enough coke in his system to wade through a ****ing wall.

jadubya
11/9/2009, 03:48 PM
C&CDean.....for the win! /\

stoopified
11/9/2009, 04:34 PM
There is a reason I don't post for a day or two after an unexpected loss,mainly because I need to calm down and not launch some kneejerk lame attack on coaches and/or players out of frustration. It is apprent that many on this board do NOT exercise that type of discretion.We lost to a pitiful Husker team and I am sick about it BUT I refuse to throw my Sooners(collectively or individually) under the bus.WE lost but I still support Bob and the players and staff.I still trust Bob is the man to run my Sooner football team.BOOMER SOONER and lets go beat aTm.

Widescreen
11/9/2009, 04:48 PM
WE lost but I still support Bob and the players and staff.I still trust Bob is the man to run my Sooner football team.
So is there a scenario where that would ever change for you? Or are you going to support him no matter what since he's our coach? Different people have different thresholds.

Collier11
11/9/2009, 04:52 PM
Having one bad season where we are 12 pts from being undefeated even though we have lost the Heisman trophy winning qb, an All American TE, and basically our entire O-line is not a doomsday scenario for me so yes, considering Stoops previous 10 yrs, I personally have no issue supporting him without flinching at this point, if you dont that is sad

Widescreen
11/9/2009, 06:15 PM
Having one bad season where we are 12 pts from being undefeated even though we have lost the Heisman trophy winning qb, an All American TE, and basically our entire O-line is not a doomsday scenario for me so yes, considering Stoops previous 10 yrs, I personally have no issue supporting him without flinching at this point, if you dont that is sad

I don't know if you're talking to me but if you are, you'll notice I said nothing about what my threshold for supporting/not supporting was. I merely asked a question because it sounded like there was nothing that could happen that would change stoopified's opinion of Stoops.

Wait, if we got a new coach, he might have to change his username. Maybe that's the issue here. :D

MamaMia
11/9/2009, 07:45 PM
LMFAO! The kid just went into a night game in Lincoln, Nebraska, 2nd largest crowd ever, and had Donkey Kong Suh breathing down his neck all game. Not to mention his what 5th, 6th start EVER.
Don't get me wrong, I wanted to win this game just as bad as every other Sooner out there, but man, lining this guy up for the guillotine after a rough outing under the conditions listed above is pure stupidity!

I'm willing to give him some time... Oh thats right. I forgot what time of day it was. It was night time. Waaaa. Thats what lost the game for us. It had nothing to do with the fact that our QB looked horrible. Who are you...his mother? We are 10 games into this season. This is his second year at OU. Hes had enough starts and practices to get a feel for the game, and its not like he was a volleyball player when we signed him. :rolleyes:

...and don't be such a drama queen. Nobody said to "line him up at the guillotine." I said he needed to "improve a whole lot and real quick." I will even go a step further and say that if he doesn't play well in Lubbock, no matter what time of day or night it is, then we're in serious trouble. I hope he does make the improvements he needs to make and get it together before then, but no way am I going to act like a poke and make excuses for that loss by saying stupid stuff about what time of day it was, how one really good player won the game for our opponent, or complain about where the game was played. Pull your head out of the sandbox. We lost to a lousy sub par 3 loss Nebraska team, Donkey Kong or not. OU could have executed some short routes and some short passes to the tight end, quick slants, and some occasional drop back shovel passes to slow Doney Kong down. Let him come through and trap block his ***. That'll slow him down right there. Lousy QB play along with a bad O line and play calling were three of the major reasons why we lost.

Landry has a lot of issues that needed corrected before this game, including but not limited to problems avoiding pressure, he is not very accurate, especially when hes moving, he throws into coverage A LOT, doesn't go through his reads well and every ball that was intercepted was too high. Iowa State beat them in Nebraska. Texas Tech didn't have any problem scoring 31 points on them in Nebraska.

We have Texas A&M in Norman, Texas Tech in Lubbock and then oSu after that. So yeah, I stand by my statement that Landry needs to improve a whole lot and real quick, and if he doesn't, you can kiss those wins goodbye.

[edit] Oh, and what whinny excuses are you going to make if we get our collective asses handed to us by oSu on our own field?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2009, 10:28 PM
We lost to a lousy sub par 3 loss Nebraska team, Donkey Kong or not. OU could have executed some short routes and some short passes to the tight end, quick slants, and some occasional drop back shovel passes to slow Doney Kong down. Let him come through and trap block his ***. That'll slow him down right there. Lousy QB play along with a bad O line and play calling were three of the major reasons why we lost.

Jesus H. Christ, Mama. Did you not watch the game?

WHAT tight end? There isn't a tight end on the roster (that can walk) that could separate from Nebraska's LBs to take advantage of the middle. The quick slant? Gone, thanks to a steady diet of Dime Cover 2 press. The corners are salivating at the chance to jump the under (which they did, which was a pick for damn near a touchdown) because they got safety help on both sides of the field. Shovel passes? Forget it. We couldn't even hit the middle screen on multiple tries, let alone any semblance of downhill running game because the middle of the line of scrimmage was a damned minefield of Husker jerseys. No way a shovel pass hits, ESPECIALLY if you can't hit the middle screen. And dropping a trap block on Suh? They threw God knows how many shifts to allow the center to chip and give the playside guard a downblock look at the guy. They threw everything in the house at him short of telling the kids to "doubleteam the fat guy". And they simply did not execute. Suh made some plays, but the majority of our woes on the inside came from a complete lack of execution.

Now take ALL that, hand the ball to your redshirt freshman QB who KNOWS all that is what he has to look forward to, and YOU tell me how well the kid is gonna execute.

Far as I'm concerned, the kid had a rough outing. But the blame for Landry is a tiny sliver of the overall blame pie. You want to blame someone? Start with asking why the hog mollies up front can't run block for sh*t against a FIVE MAN DEFENSIVE FRONT.

Yes, Nebraska for the most part buttpunched our running game with 6 DBs. A Dime. With those DBs spread out to coverage. You HAVE to run the ball against that set. Pelini DARED us to run the ball to force him out of his coverage set. And we didn't have the nuts to get it done.

sooneron
11/9/2009, 10:44 PM

Wow, I really want to live in the fantasy land that you're living in, yeah, he should be kicking *** 3/4 of the way into his first year with that cardboard OL.

lol!!!

sooneron
11/9/2009, 10:49 PM
Seriously, I want Brandon to make his original post into a t shirt and wear it to the game on Saturday. Send me a pic of you wearing it behind the OU bench ( WHILE THEY"RE ON THE FIELD) and I will send you a bottle of good booze.

Sooner04
11/9/2009, 11:45 PM
Seriously, I want Brandon to make his original post into a t shirt and wear it to the game on Saturday. Send me a pic of you wearing it behind the OU bench ( WHILE THEY"RE ON THE FIELD) and I will send you a bottle of good booze.
Forget that! All these mouth-breathing Landry-lovers in the lower level would pummel me before I ever got close to the bench.

Crucifax Autumn
11/9/2009, 11:47 PM
And THAT is what I want a picture of.

oksoonerdave
11/10/2009, 12:25 AM
Landry will be next years QB. Blake will be red shirted. Drew will be the backup. Landry's the man unless something wierd happens next year like Sam coming back or Landry gets dinged up.

The next year spring drills will be wild with all three QBs vieing for the starters position. Blake just may win that battle.

Leroy Lizard
11/10/2009, 01:15 AM
My man Charles Thompson had to wade into Lincoln with Lydell Carr on the sidelines in street clothes.

Rotnei Anderson wasn't exactly chopped liver at fullback. If you recall, he had over 100 yards rushing that night, all of it straight up the middle. More than any player on the field, he broke the Nebbish defense. Fumbles or not, if you can't stop the fullback dive when playing the wishbone, you're going to lose.

By the way, your man stunk up the joint against Miami.

And if I had it my way, I would ban your man from ever stepping foot in Oklahoma. No single player has embarrassed my alma mater more than your man. He is total scum, and I don't give a care how nice he is talking now. He can preach it up in Florida, or Maine, or Colorado... anywhere so long as he just gets the Hell out of my favorite state.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 07:15 AM
If I had Charles Thompsons coke...I could take Landry's place Saturday.

King Barry's Back
11/10/2009, 08:53 AM

I'm willing to give him some time...

It's not our "road warrior" shortcomings developed after Landry Jones arrived on the scene. I don't know what the answer is. I've never seen an offense that kind of seems to fall asleep when away from their home field before.

It's happened with different QBs, different lines, and different backs. I guess it must have something to do with how the coaching staff is approaching things -- because they are the only constant.

My own theory is that the coaching staff (read: one Bob Stoops) like to pursue a fairly conservative, make-no-mistakes approach to road games against talented opponents. The rationale seems to be keep the crowd out of the game and don't make mistakes that will kill you.

I am admittedly an amateur, but it seems a pretty sound philosophy from my arm chair. But w/o great leadership on the team (which we clearly ain't got this year) the conservative philosophy seems to lead to the doldrums emotionally for the players.

Hope we can figure this out, because whatever is wrong on the road has been giving us fits for the past few years.

Collier11
11/10/2009, 09:27 AM
Our team typically plays avg at best on the road, Stoops needs to do something about this

Sooner04
11/10/2009, 09:40 AM
Rotnei Anderson wasn't exactly chopped liver at fullback. If you recall, he had over 100 yards rushing that night, all of it straight up the middle. More than any player on the field, he broke the Nebbish defense. Fumbles or not, if you can't stop the fullback dive when playing the wishbone, you're going to lose.
Did you know Rotnei is Iroquois for "fumbles a lot"?

sooneron
11/10/2009, 09:42 AM

By the way, your man stunk up the joint against Miami.

And if I had it my way, I would ban your man from ever stepping foot in Oklahoma. No single player has embarrassed my alma mater more than your man. He is total scum, and I don't give a care how nice he is talking now. He can preach it up in Florida, or Maine, or Colorado... anywhere so long as he just gets the Hell out of my favorite state.
:pop:

sooneron
11/10/2009, 09:43 AM
Forget that! All these mouth-breathing Landry-lovers in the lower level would pummel me before I ever got close to the bench.

This is funny, considering it's usually the mouth breathers yelling boo this or bench so and so...

My Opinion Matters
11/10/2009, 09:43 AM

WHAT tight end? There isn't a tight end on the roster (that can walk) that could separate from Nebraska's LBs to take advantage of the middle. The quick slant? Gone, thanks to a steady diet of Dime Cover 2 press. The corners are salivating at the chance to jump the under (which they did, which was a pick for damn near a touchdown) because they got safety help on both sides of the field. Shovel passes? Forget it. We couldn't even hit the middle screen on multiple tries, let alone any semblance of downhill running game because the middle of the line of scrimmage was a damned minefield of Husker jerseys. No way a shovel pass hits, ESPECIALLY if you can't hit the middle screen. And dropping a trap block on Suh? They threw God knows how many shifts to allow the center to chip and give the playside guard a downblock look at the guy. They threw everything in the house at him short of telling the kids to "doubleteam the fat guy". And they simply did not execute. Suh made some plays, but the majority of our woes on the inside came from a complete lack of execution.

Now take ALL that, hand the ball to your redshirt freshman QB who KNOWS all that is what he has to look forward to, and YOU tell me how well the kid is gonna execute.

Far as I'm concerned, the kid had a rough outing. But the blame for Landry is a tiny sliver of the overall blame pie. You want to blame someone? Start with asking why the hog mollies up front can't run block for sh*t against a FIVE MAN DEFENSIVE FRONT.

Yes, Nebraska for the most part buttpunched our running game with 6 DBs. A Dime. With those DBs spread out to coverage. You HAVE to run the ball against that set. Pelini DARED us to run the ball to force him out of his coverage set. And we didn't have the nuts to get it done.

Excellent post.

TUSooner
11/10/2009, 10:07 AM

I certainly do NOT have the 'nads to back up my rant, which every sensible football fan can see results from an irrational and hateful obsession over a guy who had one lousy game. Decent Sooner Fans would b*tch-slap the snot out of me and be well justified in doing it.

Keep digging, '04!

Bourbon St Sooner
11/10/2009, 10:32 AM
04's the oldest twenty-something I've ever seen. He's get off my lawn guy.

So what was the point of posting the original pic of Landry? Was it to show that he's a goofball that doesn't care. Maybe he's just a 19 year old college kid who's making his 6th start against a tough defense and had a bad game.

Sooner04
11/10/2009, 10:56 AM
In actuality, I'm a worshipper of Bradford who views Landry Jones as a usurper to my man Bradford's throne.

Viva Los Bradford!

I still think we witnessed the worst QB play since John Blake Saturday night.

FaninAma
11/10/2009, 11:00 AM
Our team typically plays avg at best on the road, Stoops needs to do something about this

Teams that do not possess a strong rushing attack always struggle on the road against good defenses(and sometimes mediocre defenses).

Stoops and his staff still have not taken this lesson to heart.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/10/2009, 11:13 AM

Well, I'm not going to argue that point with you. It was wretched. But it's not as if he's in his second year of starting and throwing 5 pics against, oh say, a really crappy Purdue defense.

What I'm really pissed about was there was no 04 recap of the b-ball game last week. I know it's only an exhibition, but that's no excuse for taking a night off. gah.

sooneron
11/10/2009, 11:19 AM

Duh! Do you really think anyone outside of rus with his Hybl obsession will disagree with you?
Worst since the Blake era? Well, if you think about it... we were due. We've been ridiculously blessed with either exceptional or solid qb play for the last 10 FRICKING YEARS NOW! Someone was going to **** the bed at some point. Odd that it was a RS Fresh qb with lace curtains for an offensive line.:rolleyes:

It's funny seeing people like Ama calling in the next frosh qb whilst stating that Landy "had a bad game". Note the "a" part? Could he have played better against *? Yes, but everyone thought that game would have been going a little differently from the second series onward...

Sooner04
11/10/2009, 11:23 AM
I'm being serious: I don't remember the Nebraska DL being THAT disruptive. It wasn't like the Vikings blowing through the Packers out there. There were a couple picks where his footwork got all out of whack and the hurried throw sailed away with Dennis DeYoung. Maybe he just choked. I don't know.

Viva Los Bradford!

sooneron
11/10/2009, 11:33 AM
I'm being serious: I don't remember the Nebraska DL being THAT disruptive. It wasn't like the Vikings blowing through the Packers out there. There were a couple picks where his footwork got all out of whack and the hurried throw sailed away with Dennis DeYoung. Maybe he just choked. I don't know.

Viva Los Bradford!

There were a lot of Neb players handling the Ol and taking up the passing lanes. That's something that a lot of people don't pay attention to, they just think about sacks or hits on a qb. They occupied a lot of space. What happens when the lane is blocked? You adjust your mechanics and **** goes wrong, fast.
That was a big time environment against a D that was fired up...
Did Landry deal with it that well? No. I don't think anyone is disputing that. All qbs have a bad day/night at some point. Do I think that Landry will go down as one of the greatest? Probably not, but I bet he wins some games for us in the future. The way that the O answered the bell in the ksu game generally points to this.
People need to get a grip.

C&CDean
11/10/2009, 11:35 AM
Teams that do not possess a strong rushing attack always struggle on the road against good defenses(and sometimes mediocre defenses).

Stoops and his staff still have not taken this lesson to heart.

When a team struggles like ours trying to run the ball it isn't coaching. It's player execution. Of course coaching decides what players are gonna play where, but the players still have to make plays.

I think the proof of the excellence of this offensive staff is blocking the hell outta people in the NFL. The coaching philosphy is sound. The o-line are just giant pussies. Simple as that.

sooneron
11/10/2009, 11:39 AM
I thought schmiddy ran all of those guys off.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/10/2009, 11:42 AM
No. Schmiddy's the reason they all get injured. Pay 'tention.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 11:54 AM

I'm from the old school where I think it's better a guy have his worst game as a freshman instead of after he's got a Heisman Trophy.:pop:

sooneron
11/10/2009, 12:07 PM
ZANG!

Seamus
11/10/2009, 12:36 PM
I would seriously love to see some of the Nancy-boys in this thread try to post a decent QB rating while running around in the backfield with 2 quarts of partially-digested-pregame-meal-that-came-out-too-soon-because-I-shat-myself-while-fearing-for-my-life sloshing around in their underwear.

Suh looks like some horrific cross between "I'm the Juggernaut, biatch" and one of the infected from "Left 4 Dead." Landry is all of 19, 6 starts in, and few fish quarterbacks are going to respond to those situations with aplomb.

In La-La Fantasy Land, Sam never gets touched (in part because the O-line isn't a colander) and Sam is piling up another Heisman year. In La-La Fantasy Land -- where, by the way, everything is made of chocolate and shortbread and cute little unicorns give the sweetest little hummers -- every QB who dons Crimson will win the Heisman in their undergrad years and 3-star QBs with losing HS records come along more than once in a lifetime to become the best player in college football.

Jesus H., this thread needs to be deported to Serbia, where some guy with bushy eyebrows and no vowels in his name can ethnically cleanse the hell out of it.

westbrooke
11/10/2009, 12:42 PM
Wow... just... wow. So many mental images, some I didn't need and some I definitely did. How do I get to La-La Fantasy Land?

cvsooner
11/10/2009, 12:47 PM

Great post. And a fair number of times it was a four-man front. A standard pro-set defense with linebackers and DBs in coverage. And we couldn't break a run against four.

Let that sink in a bit. Four linemen. Against at least five offensive linemen, plus a tight end, and a fullback. And we can't get more than two yards?

That's plain and simple execution.

KC//CRIMSON
11/10/2009, 01:33 PM
Hmmmmmm, last to win BCS game. just sayin

The last time we won a bowl game Rhett Bomar was quarterback.

Jeebus Christ! I can't believe I just typed that.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/10/2009, 01:39 PM
Who is this Rhett Bomar you speak of? Now Brett Romar, he was a hell of a player.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/10/2009, 05:00 PM
Brett Romar plays pick up games with Calvin Simpson up in Indiana.

FaninAma
11/10/2009, 05:05 PM
Great post. And a fair number of times it was a four-man front. A standard pro-set defense with linebackers and DBs in coverage. And we couldn't break a run against four.

Let that sink in a bit. Four linemen. Against at least five offensive linemen, plus a tight end, and a fullback. And we can't get more than two yards?

That's plain and simple execution.

Dean explained that one a few posts before yours.

TopDawg
11/10/2009, 06:28 PM
When a team struggles like ours trying to run the ball it isn't coaching. It's player execution. Of course coaching decides what players are gonna play where, but the players still have to make plays.

I think the proof of the excellence of this offensive staff is blocking the hell outta people in the NFL. The coaching philosphy is sound. The o-line are just giant pussies. Simple as that.

Maybe sending players to the NFL speaks more about our coaches' ability to recruit than their ability to coach. If the coaching philosophy is sound, then why isn't it working this year? If it's because our players are what you suggest, then it appears that the recruiting and/or training philosophy isn't sound. And, at the college level, that's all part of the coaching philosophy.

Whichever is sound or unsound, the responsibility falls on the coaches to make it better.

Leroy Lizard
11/10/2009, 07:38 PM
Did you know Rotnei is Iroquois for "fumbles a lot"?

Doesn't matter. His ability to hit the hole fast and break tackles destroyed Nebraska. That extra second the LB have to wait to see if he got the handoff is what opens the outside game. Rotnei was really the best player on offense that night.

For the record, he carried it 17 times for 118 yards, SEVEN YARDS A POP straight up the middle. You don't think that is going to have a huge impact on the defense?

By the way, Thompson is Choctaw for "Traitor."

sooneron
11/10/2009, 08:38 PM
By the way, Thompson is Choctaw for "Traitor."

I thought that was Hunta Yo.

yankee
11/10/2009, 09:40 PM
amazing all the crap one bad game will bring out in the fans. i think most of you are expecting the next sam bradford out there. NEWS FLASH. HE'S NOT SAM BRADFORD. if he ever comes close to producing the way sam did, then i'll be ecstatic. i wonder how many of you haters were proud of the way he's played this year up until friday night. i don't come around here often but i can only imagine...i'd love to see some of you play QB behind that pathetic excuse for an offensive line, facing the nation's best defensive lineman, and trying to play "catch" with those "receivers". good grief.

oh and i have a feeling that heupel works on his mechanics bigtime this spring and summer, and he comes back next fall looking more confident than ever, with on-field results backing it up.

Sooner04
11/10/2009, 11:31 PM
It was "HANTA YO" you nitwits.

Leroy Lizard
11/10/2009, 11:38 PM
Nitwit. Not plural.

Leroy Lizard
11/10/2009, 11:38 PM
oh and i have a feeling that heupel works on his mechanics bigtime this spring and summer, and he comes back next fall looking more confident than ever, with on-field results backing it up.

Let's just hope the NCAA doesn't find out he's playing.

yankee
11/10/2009, 11:54 PM
Let's just hope the NCAA doesn't find out he's playing.

i almost laughed.

Leroy Lizard
11/10/2009, 11:59 PM
Almost? You held back?

The Remnant
11/11/2009, 12:18 PM
Jones is a redshirt freshman playing on the road in a hostile environment. Give the kid a break. I remember several decades ago Aikman had a horrible game on the road against Kansas. I think he turned out OK.

FaninAma
11/13/2009, 03:23 PM
Bump. Landry will have an opportunity to prove his detractors wrong during the next 3 games.

Leroy Lizard
11/13/2009, 06:42 PM
jinx

soonerborn30
11/13/2009, 11:10 PM
I'm sorry, but how effing stupid do you have to be for "I'd like to see you try to play QB" to sound like a decent argument? I'd like to see Landry Jones do differential equations and have him do corporate training for me. Oh, he can't do that? How weird. Maybe because IT'S NOT HIS EFFING JOB!!

Landry is not a good QB. He did absolutely nothing for us against BYU. He was the MVP of the * game...for *. He obviously gave the game away against NU. I don't give a crap if he "wasn't ready" to be the next QB. He is the QB now, and he's known it for long enough. There are no excuses. Not his Oline, not that he's 19, not that he's only played 6 games. None of that crap matters. He needs to either play winning football and demonstrate that he has even the most basic skills required to be a major college QB or go sit his arse on the bench. I'd be willing to lay down money that he's not our QB in 10 months. Nothing would make me happier than for him to play 10 steps above his head and actually LEAD the team to 4 victories. But sadly, the more likely scenario is that we don't win any more games this year, and more than a little bit of the blame will belong to everybody's favorite charity case.

OUAlumni1990
11/13/2009, 11:55 PM
I'd like to see Landry Jones do differential equations and have him do corporate training for me.

hey I can do differential equations! Laplace transforms anyone? :D

MamaMia
11/14/2009, 12:14 AM
Have there never been any great 19 year old college quarterbacks? If not then when is Landrys birthday? :D

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2009, 01:32 AM
I'm sorry, but how effing stupid do you have to be for "I'd like to see you try to play QB" to sound like a decent argument? I'd like to see Landry Jones do differential equations and have him do corporate training for me. Oh, he can't do that? How weird. Maybe because IT'S NOT HIS EFFING JOB!!

I am sure if Landry came into your workplace and started criticizing the way you did corporate training, you would object.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2009, 01:32 AM
hey I can do differential equations! Laplace transforms anyone?

Engineer?

soonerborn30
11/14/2009, 02:50 AM
I am sure if Landry came into your workplace and started criticizing the way you did corporate training, you would object.

Nah. I'd just wait for him to screw something up and see how long it took for someone else to make an excuse for him.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2009, 03:03 AM
You sound bitter.

soonerborn30
11/14/2009, 03:07 AM
I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find someone not at least a little bit bitter about this trainwreck of a season we're having. Some are more free to admit it than others.

FaninAma
11/14/2009, 11:05 AM
Soonerborn, your analysis is a bit harsh
but I tend to agree with you. I don't dislike
Landry, in fact he seems to be a good kid.

But I do have serious doubts about his
competitiveness. I will say that Wilson and
the offensive staff have done him no favors
by hoisting an offensive system on him that
is good only when you have Heisman caliber
QB talent and all-world OL and TE's.

soonerborn45
11/14/2009, 12:55 PM

02 texas game he threw 5 picks but like him or not hybl was one tough SOB.

MR2-Sooner86
11/14/2009, 03:09 PM
I must say the turnaround from "fear the stache" to hanging this kid out to dry has been a very fast and violent one.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/14/2009, 03:42 PM
I must say the turnaround from "fear the stache" to hanging this kid out to dry has been a very fast and violent.

I'm behind Landry. He just had a bad game. We will crush A&M.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2009, 04:01 PM
I must say the turnaround from "fear the stache" to hanging this kid out to dry has been a very fast and violent one.

Sadly, yes. That is why athletes would be best served not to relate too closely with fans. If I was a star athlete, I wouldn't give a rat's *** about the fans. Screw 'em. Sure, they may say they love me, but they will turn on me in a moment if I don't play as well as they want.

soonerfan69
11/14/2009, 04:02 PM

Landry is not a good QB. He did absolutely nothing for us against BYU. He was the MVP of the * game...for *. He obviously gave the game away against NU. I don't give a crap if he "wasn't ready" to be the next QB. He is the QB now, and he's known it for long enough. There are no excuses. Not his Oline, not that he's 19, not that he's only played 6 games. None of that crap matters. He needs to either play winning football and demonstrate that he has even the most basic skills required to be a major college QB or go sit his arse on the bench. I'd be willing to lay down money that he's not our QB in 10 months. Nothing would make me happier than for him to play 10 steps above his head and actually LEAD the team to 4 victories. But sadly, the more likely scenario is that we don't win any more games this year, and more than a little bit of the blame will belong to everybody's favorite charity case.

your mama dropped you on your head when you were a baby right